Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Possible January signings. 08:48 - Dec 13 with 31058 viewsSnipper

Sorry if this has been discussed before, but will Marti possibly raid his old club, or other Swedish/Nordic clubs for players?

He obviously knows what we need and what budget he’ll have.

January should be interesting.
Possible January signings. on 09:50 - Dec 19 with 3637 viewsqprninja

Possible January signings. on 11:11 - Dec 13 by sprocket

I think that was done stop us breaking rules

To keep the wolves from the door. Not for SIGNING A F***ING STRIKER!!
Possible January signings. on 10:40 - Dec 19 with 3537 viewslassel

Possible January signings. on 09:02 - Dec 19 by daveB

I imagine we'll be in the market for some loans same as everyone else.
A forward and a midfield player are the likely targets unless we sell Chair which may allow us to spend

But how are we going to pay for loans?

Say theoretically that Marti has enough respect that Chelsea will send us also Castledine or David Washington - they’re still going to want a chunky loan fee and their wages paid and I can’t believe we have that sort of space to do the deal.

As said if be amazed if we get anything other than a free or two on 2 year deals with the second year having a huge wage hike.

Unless we sell Chair of course on the cheap.
Possible January signings. on 16:09 - Dec 19 with 3305 viewsHayesender

As if by magic another stand has been sponsored, just in time for January

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Possible January signings. on 16:10 - Dec 19 with 3303 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

We’re going to be the first team to play in a 9 sided stadium aren’t we.
Possible January signings. on 17:00 - Dec 19 with 3195 viewsSimplyNico

Possible January signings. on 16:11 - Dec 17 by Rangersw12

It's standard practice to not pay transfer fees in one go so assume it's the same with managers

Not necessarily so. With players it is the purchase of the registration that is at issue and the payment for the registration is usually split in order to make the transaction happen, this being for the purposes of the Profit and Sustainability Rules.

With manager terminations, the manager has to be put in the position as if the contract had been performed in accordance with its terms.

If the contract is a fixed-term agreement, often a payment (or payments) is made to take the manager through to a particular future point in the remainder of the fixed term at full pay, and the rest at part pay. There may also be a clause which requires the manager to take reasonable steps to seek alternative employment (mitigate their loss) (and, sometimes, there may not). Absent such a clause, there is, in any event, a common law obligation to mitigate.

As an alternative, there may also be a clause which requires a one-off payment to be paid to the manager on termination by way of liquidated damages which might be less than the full value of the contract.

Further, the termination payment may be structured so that the former manager is paid on a month by month basis until they have sourced alternative employment (at which point an offset against new salary vs the old salary takes over and may wipe out further payments).

It all comes down to where the balance of power is in the negotiation of the contract. Where a manager is hired "from the street" or another role, the balance of power typically lies with the club (there will be many potential managers for one role and for the would be manager, the reason they are interviewing is the attraction of the job). However, where a manager's contract is extended (which is rare - most Championship managers are dismissed within a year), the balance of power tends to lie with the manager - zero mitigation clauses are often included then.

Accordingly, it comes down to the terms offered on a case by case basis. It might be the case that GA is being on a month by month basis until he obtains a new job. Alternatively, there might be an obligation to pay him out in full upon termination.
Possible January signings. on 17:25 - Dec 19 with 3124 viewsBklynRanger

Very interesting Nico - so this sentence: 'There may also be a clause which requires the manager to take reasonable steps to seek alternative employment (mitigate their loss) (and, sometimes, there may not).'

Am I reading correctly that in such cases the club can tell the manager "You're actually a bit shit, can you please start looking for another job?"

In those cases does he need to be able to prove in some way that he did make a proper effort ("Please account for your job seeking efforts over the last 2 weeks Mr Ainsworth") in order to receive his full contractual pay-off?

Am assuming they're fairly rare these days. Far too sensible.
Possible January signings. on 18:01 - Dec 19 with 3032 viewsHAYESBOY

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/2023/december/19/qpr-loftus-engineering-services-anno

Building up the coffers?

Smells like a trout farm in here

Possible January signings. on 18:28 - Dec 19 with 2948 viewslassel

Possible January signings. on 18:01 - Dec 19 by HAYESBOY

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/2023/december/19/qpr-loftus-engineering-services-anno

Building up the coffers?

Sponsorship by a local company with 5 employees is unfortunately probably not going to be funding any transfers.
Login to get fewer ads

Possible January signings. on 18:30 - Dec 19 with 2943 viewsdaveB

Possible January signings. on 10:40 - Dec 19 by lassel

But how are we going to pay for loans?

Say theoretically that Marti has enough respect that Chelsea will send us also Castledine or David Washington - they’re still going to want a chunky loan fee and their wages paid and I can’t believe we have that sort of space to do the deal.

As said if be amazed if we get anything other than a free or two on 2 year deals with the second year having a huge wage hike.

Unless we sell Chair of course on the cheap.

loans are usually cheaper in January as it's for shorter spell so I'd expect us to be able to afford some. Obviously if the loan fees are too high we'll look elsewhere
Possible January signings. on 18:46 - Dec 19 with 2880 viewsMatch82

Possible January signings. on 18:30 - Dec 19 by daveB

loans are usually cheaper in January as it's for shorter spell so I'd expect us to be able to afford some. Obviously if the loan fees are too high we'll look elsewhere

I just hope we stop this ridiculous practice of guaranteeing the incoming loan players will play every time they're available and/or set ourselves up for financial penalties if they don't - I'd rather not have them at all if we do that however good they are in theory
Possible January signings. on 18:52 - Dec 19 with 2840 viewsdmm

Talking of midfielders, Tim Iroegbunam seems to have all but disappeared. He's still at Villa but hasn't played a single minute this season. I don't think I'd have him back but there were times last season he looked like he could develop into a good player.
Possible January signings. on 19:11 - Dec 19 with 2768 viewsSuperhoops2808

Possible January signings. on 06:34 - Dec 19 by Lblock

People I know with a highly rated son at the Reading Academy tell me he’s allegedly an absolute wrong un
Allegedly bags of attitude to match and outweigh his bags of talent with a further rumour of physical and verbal threats around the club.

The place is apparently a total disaster zone but, for selfish reasons, the people I know are okay with it all as opens up pathway for their kid…….one they thought Luke Amos might block in the summer until they saw him on trial!!!!

Returning to Ejarah - when he played at W12 for the fakes I thought he was the closest thing to Eze I’d seen at the time. Supremely skilful and covered the ground deceptively well but was clearly on big money after signing from Liverpool and even then he had an air of not having the character of Eze shall we say. I still would’ve taken him on ability alone but chuck in the rest of the package and I’d say no

When can we expect him to sign then
Possible January signings. on 19:11 - Dec 19 with 2768 viewsdaveB

Possible January signings. on 18:46 - Dec 19 by Match82

I just hope we stop this ridiculous practice of guaranteeing the incoming loan players will play every time they're available and/or set ourselves up for financial penalties if they don't - I'd rather not have them at all if we do that however good they are in theory

thats usually the terms of the deal, you either take it or don't

I imagine any loan coming is likely to play most weeks
Possible January signings. on 21:31 - Dec 19 with 2623 viewsHAYESBOY

Possible January signings. on 18:28 - Dec 19 by lassel

Sponsorship by a local company with 5 employees is unfortunately probably not going to be funding any transfers.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Possible January signings. on 22:12 - Dec 19 with 2490 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Possible January signings. on 18:28 - Dec 19 by lassel

The East India Company, which ruled over a population of 200,000,000 only had 35 employees in its London office.

Someone should pass that on to the QPR legal team.
Possible January signings. on 22:17 - Dec 19 with 2453 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Possible January signings. on 22:12 - Dec 19 by BazzaInTheLoft

The East India Company, which ruled over a population of 200,000,000 only had 35 employees in its London office.

Making me chuckle, Bazz.

Making me chuckle.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Possible January signings. on 23:29 - Dec 19 with 2285 viewsSimplyNico

Possible January signings. on 17:00 - Dec 19 by SimplyNico

Not necessarily so. With players it is the purchase of the registration that is at issue and the payment for the registration is usually split in order to make the transaction happen, this being for the purposes of the Profit and Sustainability Rules.

With manager terminations, the manager has to be put in the position as if the contract had been performed in accordance with its terms.

If the contract is a fixed-term agreement, often a payment (or payments) is made to take the manager through to a particular future point in the remainder of the fixed term at full pay, and the rest at part pay. There may also be a clause which requires the manager to take reasonable steps to seek alternative employment (mitigate their loss) (and, sometimes, there may not). Absent such a clause, there is, in any event, a common law obligation to mitigate.

As an alternative, there may also be a clause which requires a one-off payment to be paid to the manager on termination by way of liquidated damages which might be less than the full value of the contract.

Further, the termination payment may be structured so that the former manager is paid on a month by month basis until they have sourced alternative employment (at which point an offset against new salary vs the old salary takes over and may wipe out further payments).

It all comes down to where the balance of power is in the negotiation of the contract. Where a manager is hired "from the street" or another role, the balance of power typically lies with the club (there will be many potential managers for one role and for the would be manager, the reason they are interviewing is the attraction of the job). However, where a manager's contract is extended (which is rare - most Championship managers are dismissed within a year), the balance of power tends to lie with the manager - zero mitigation clauses are often included then.

Accordingly, it comes down to the terms offered on a case by case basis. It might be the case that GA is being on a month by month basis until he obtains a new job. Alternatively, there might be an obligation to pay him out in full upon termination.

There may also be a clause which requires the manager to take reasonable steps to seek alternative employment (mitigate their loss) (and, sometimes, there may not). Absent such a clause, there is, in any event, a common law obligation to mitigate

UNQUOTE

To clarify, this applies after termination and is with regard to mitigation of loss.
Possible January signings. on 23:31 - Dec 19 with 2286 viewsDannyPaddox

Possible January signings. on 18:52 - Dec 19 by dmm

Talking of midfielders, Tim Iroegbunam seems to have all but disappeared. He's still at Villa but hasn't played a single minute this season. I don't think I'd have him back but there were times last season he looked like he could develop into a good player.

I noticed he was on the bench in Villa’s last game. Quick bit of research shows he was injured up till mid October after having surgery. No idea what kind of surgery. Since then he’s played 3 games for Villa U21s and been on the bench 4 times for the first XI.

Highly likely he’ll go on loan to Sunderland and team up with the man who personally administered an epidural to his mother on the day he was born.
Possible January signings. on 23:40 - Dec 19 with 2252 viewsVancouverHoop

Possible January signings. on 09:07 - Dec 19 by Northernr

Like you I think Leeds are about to run a machine gun across the Championship market which may involve Chair. Ipswich had a look at him in the summer as well.

We desperately need players. This squad isn't anywhere near good enough. Fascinating to see what budget we've got to do anything with. And then it's the accounts in February.

Good enough for what, survival or promotion?
Possible January signings. on 00:29 - Dec 20 with 2206 viewsMidlands_Ranger

There will be transfers but nothing big...surely! Unless people are sold...its all down to that isn't it?

If anything we have to look for a goal scorer....any spends available must be spent there. I dunno, who does know, it's QPR. Anything could happen and nothing could happen....at the same time.
Possible January signings. on 01:22 - Dec 20 with 2161 viewscaliforniahoop

Possible January signings. on 23:31 - Dec 19 by DannyPaddox

I noticed he was on the bench in Villa’s last game. Quick bit of research shows he was injured up till mid October after having surgery. No idea what kind of surgery. Since then he’s played 3 games for Villa U21s and been on the bench 4 times for the first XI.

Highly likely he’ll go on loan to Sunderland and team up with the man who personally administered an epidural to his mother on the day he was born.

😂😂😂
Possible January signings. on 14:32 - Dec 20 with 1721 viewslightwaterhoop

Possible January signings. on 22:12 - Dec 19 by BazzaInTheLoft

Maybe but how many soldiers both British and Indian did they have?
Possible January signings. on 15:26 - Dec 20 with 1617 viewsBklynRanger

Possible January signings. on 23:29 - Dec 19 by SimplyNico

There may also be a clause which requires the manager to take reasonable steps to seek alternative employment (mitigate their loss) (and, sometimes, there may not). Absent such a clause, there is, in any event, a common law obligation to mitigate

UNQUOTE

To clarify, this applies after termination and is with regard to mitigation of loss.

I see - thanks.

So it's more of a case of "No Gareth, shifting three dozen copies of The Cold Light of Day outside The Mansion House Harvester, Reading does not constitute a legitimate effort to seek alternative post-termination employment".

Got it.
Possible January signings. on 15:54 - Dec 20 with 1535 viewsPeterHucker

Possible January signings. on 01:22 - Dec 20 by californiahoop

😂😂😂

Good.

I thought Iroegbunam was mostly pretty ordinary when he was here.
Gave the ball away a lot, didn’t track back enough, not a team player in my opinion.
Don’t want him back and blocking the first team opportunities for players that are actually ours (e.g. Dozzell, Dixon Bonner)
Possible January signings. on 16:22 - Dec 20 with 1449 viewsR_from_afar

Possible January signings. on 09:02 - Dec 19 by daveB

I imagine we'll be in the market for some loans same as everyone else.
A forward and a midfield player are the likely targets unless we sell Chair which may allow us to spend

"...unless we sell Chair which may allow us to spend".

The trouble is, that is like selling your engine so you can afford to fix your gearbox

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024