Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Luke Williams on drawing 2-2 with Birmingham City 21:10 - Jan 13 with 2146 viewsSwansIndependent

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/61705/luke-williams-on-d

Luke cool on the draw, click above.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Luke Williams on drawing 2-2 with Birmingham City on 10:57 - Jan 14 with 1924 viewsEagleEye

All well and good, could have been 3 points but in reality on overall balance of chances created a draw was just about fair.

Meanwhile Tony Mowbray said … “We have to play forward more – I don’t like teams that ‘horse-shoe’ it around the back and pass it back to the goalkeeper.”

Wise words that our new coach should heed
Luke Williams on drawing 2-2 with Birmingham City on 11:26 - Jan 14 with 1909 viewsKeithHaynes

Luke Williams on drawing 2-2 with Birmingham City on 10:57 - Jan 14 by EagleEye

All well and good, could have been 3 points but in reality on overall balance of chances created a draw was just about fair.

Meanwhile Tony Mowbray said … “We have to play forward more – I don’t like teams that ‘horse-shoe’ it around the back and pass it back to the goalkeeper.”

I think he will work in the passing out from the back lark until he thinks he’s got it right. Problem is it always comes with mistakes and goals against. I think we are stuck with it. Even though the players are too slow in thought to do it.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Luke Williams on drawing 2-2 with Birmingham City on 11:32 - Jan 14 with 1895 viewsonehunglow

We do that it and all it does is invite pressure

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Luke Williams on drawing 2-2 with Birmingham City on 11:44 - Jan 14 with 1884 viewsmax936

Luke Williams on drawing 2-2 with Birmingham City on 11:26 - Jan 14 by KeithHaynes

I think he will work in the passing out from the back lark until he thinks he’s got it right. Problem is it always comes with mistakes and goals against. I think we are stuck with it. Even though the players are too slow in thought to do it.

I posted this on another thread.
"We haven't got the players to be able to pass the ball around our area or even our own half, the oppositions quicker players are always likely to nip in between us and force mistakes.
Speed of thought and deed we haven't got, even the likes of Citeh and Liverpool etc get caught out trying to play that game, see the Liverpool v Fulham games as one example, Fulham's pacey players give that Liverpool defence a torrid time and they deserved more from that game IMO."

Martin used to do the same, Williams needs to check the videos out of some of Martin's games and the proof that it doesn't work with the squad we got will be there for him to see, plus I reckon Martin had better players as well.

Pep's got a lot to answer for.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Luke Williams on drawing 2-2 with Birmingham City on 11:47 - Jan 14 with 1883 viewsEagleEye

Luke Williams on drawing 2-2 with Birmingham City on 11:26 - Jan 14 by KeithHaynes

I think you are right we are stuck with it. The problem is that even when play 2 or 3 risky passes & get the ball up to the half way line, it all slows down defeating the whole point of it. I would like to see someone quantify the benefits of playing this way based on stats from our games.
Luke Williams on drawing 2-2 with Birmingham City on 12:35 - Jan 14 with 1858 viewsKeithHaynes

Luke Williams on drawing 2-2 with Birmingham City on 11:47 - Jan 14 by EagleEye

I think you are right we are stuck with it. The problem is that even when play 2 or 3 risky passes & get the ball up to the half way line, it all slows down defeating the whole point of it. I would like to see someone quantify the benefits of playing this way based on stats from our games.

I have to say Mowbray did a number on us strategy wise yesterday, especially in the first half.
Wiley old head that he is.

Luke Williams on drawing 2-2 with Birmingham City on 12:44 - Jan 14 with 1837 viewsHeadmaster

Apparently he also said that we didn’t deserve our goals, the bloke’s a bitter nob. Would’ve loved to have beaten them yesterday but we still have this weak mentality. Been a problem for a while. We need to get nastier.

Also, playing out from the back is fine if the players are coached properly and have the skills to do it. We did it under Potter, no reason why we can’t do it effectively again.
Luke Williams on drawing 2-2 with Birmingham City on 13:02 - Jan 14 with 1803 viewsRichardO

Luke Williams on drawing 2-2 with Birmingham City on 12:35 - Jan 14 by KeithHaynes

I have to say Mowbray did a number on us strategy wise yesterday, especially in the first half.
Wiley old head that he is.

His teams has pressed forward on us every games he has managed against us in recent years, the only problem is getting that balance right, which can be said of both teams.
Got to sort that soft underbelly out we look as if we will concede goals if anyone puts pressure on us.
[Post edited 14 Jan 15:48]
Login to get fewer ads

Luke Williams on drawing 2-2 with Birmingham City on 13:05 - Jan 14 with 1784 viewsWhiterockin

If Yates had put away the tap in we would have won.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Luke Williams on drawing 2-2 with Birmingham City on 13:07 - Jan 14 with 1770 viewsKeithHaynes

Luke Williams on drawing 2-2 with Birmingham City on 13:05 - Jan 14 by Whiterockin

If Yates had put away the tap in we would have won.

and Joey.

Luke Williams on drawing 2-2 with Birmingham City on 14:04 - Jan 14 with 1718 viewsJackDragon

Am I the only one who thinks Rushworth was beaten far too easily for the first goal?
Luke Williams on drawing 2-2 with Birmingham City on 15:07 - Jan 14 with 1691 viewsEagleEye

Luke Williams on drawing 2-2 with Birmingham City on 12:44 - Jan 14 by Headmaster

Apparently he also said that we didn’t deserve our goals, the bloke’s a bitter nob. Would’ve loved to have beaten them yesterday but we still have this weak mentality. Been a problem for a while. We need to get nastier.

Also, playing out from the back is fine if the players are coached properly and have the skills to do it. We did it under Potter, no reason why we can’t do it effectively again.

Perhaps he is bitter, maybe his words were a veiled dig at the way we play. He would be right. I think we would all loved to have won especially as it’s not the first time we have conceded injury time goals to them, they scored 2 in injury time against us last season.

We really need pace to benefit from beating the high press. We had pace when Potter was coaching us - Daniel James, Celina, Conor Roberts, McBurnie etc - contrast them to what we have now, just a thought
[Post edited 14 Jan 18:49]
Luke Williams on drawing 2-2 with Birmingham City on 15:54 - Jan 14 with 1644 viewsRichardO

Luke Williams on drawing 2-2 with Birmingham City on 14:04 - Jan 14 by JackDragon

Am I the only one who thinks Rushworth was beaten far too easily for the first goal?

The Rushworth who saved a dead cert goal just after half time and a number of other saves, maybe he could have come out to close him down but Dembele shouldn't have been allowed by the out field players to get so far. Team switched off and not alive to the danger, not proactive enough instead of being reactive to a situation.
It has happened so many times under different managers, players fault or the managers?
[Post edited 15 Jan 4:48]
Luke Williams on drawing 2-2 with Birmingham City on 16:17 - Jan 14 with 1618 viewsKeithHaynes

Luke Williams on drawing 2-2 with Birmingham City on 15:54 - Jan 14 by RichardO

The Rushworth who saved a dead cert goal just after half time and a number of other saves, maybe he could have come out to close him down but Dembele shouldn't have been allowed by the out field players to get so far. Team switched off and not alive to the danger, not proactive enough instead of being reactive to a situation.
It has happened so many times under different managers, players fault or the managers?

Players for me, too easily distracted or lack concentration. Been the same for three seasons.

Luke Williams on drawing 2-2 with Birmingham City on 17:31 - Jan 14 with 1574 viewsJackDragon

Luke Williams on drawing 2-2 with Birmingham City on 15:54 - Jan 14 by RichardO

Yeah, that's him.
Luke Williams on drawing 2-2 with Birmingham City on 18:37 - Jan 14 with 1526 viewsRichardO

Luke Williams on drawing 2-2 with Birmingham City on 17:31 - Jan 14 by JackDragon

Yeah, that's him.

A number of goals he hasn't got a hand to have come on our right hand side have been hit with an amount of power which I think not many goal keepers would get their hands to and Dembele was given a number of chances he had enough quality to put one home with power and precision.
If you asked the question should he make the decision to close him down then maybe his inexperience showed or would you expect a number of players should have been protectingv that wing
Should he be drop him?
Luke Williams on drawing 2-2 with Birmingham City on 18:46 - Jan 14 with 1517 viewsbuilthjack

Give him time. He will get it right , hopefully for next season.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Luke Williams on drawing 2-2 with Birmingham City on 22:43 - Jan 14 with 1424 viewsDr_Winston

If the players are too slow in thought to do it then don't do it. That's the lesson that Russy never learned.

I truly struggle to understand why so many modern managers obsess themselves with systems without considering if those systems suit the players that are available to them.

If you've got players good enough to play risky defensive football then great. If you haven't, then persisting in doing so just makes you a moron.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024