Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Home v Away Pitches 13:08 - Apr 7 with 728 viewsNorthantsHoop

I know it is a long shot so to speak i.e. lack of strikers ability etc. I feel that if you look at how we play away from home invariably on larger pitches, it suits our game with more time, space etc, whereas at Loftus Road on a smaller, tighter pitch we struggle to get our passing game going and create the chances to pressure defences and once the opposition is back in their half in numbers the lack of width means hard to break down. I can see why Cifuentes went with Armstrong yesterday to try and get ball up to him quickly, but our game struggles with this as we are too slow in the build up as our players like to pass through the midfield, which works in my opinion away from home a lot better on wider pitches, where more space is available for a slower passing game.
Home v Away Pitches on 13:20 - Apr 7 with 672 viewsKerryE

https://www.footballfancast.com/efl-championship-stadiums-pitch-sizes-ranked-big

Majority of grounds seem to have a pitch width of 68m+, ours is 66m.
So you might have a point here.
Home v Away Pitches on 13:21 - Apr 7 with 664 viewsDamo1962

Let's try a season ground sharing with Fulham. Konk could organise something ๐Ÿ˜‰ Personally I think it is more the proximity of the stands at LR to the pitch - great when you are in the opposition's face...not so great when you are being over- run. I just can't believe that a couple of extra yards can make a team so Jeckyll and Hyde. Think a lot of away grounds in the Championship have better changing rooms than LR too. I'm running out of excuses now ๐Ÿ˜
Home v Away Pitches on 13:25 - Apr 7 with 649 viewsDamo1962

Home v Away Pitches on 13:20 - Apr 7 by KerryE

https://www.footballfancast.com/efl-championship-stadiums-pitch-sizes-ranked-big

Majority of grounds seem to have a pitch width of 68m+, ours is 66m.
So you might have a point here.

Thanks Kerry. That is really interesting. Of course the opposition for the most... seem to enjoy our dimensions ๐Ÿ˜ Luckily we have still to go to Hull as well๐Ÿ˜Ž
[Post edited 7 Apr 15:03]
Home v Away Pitches on 14:52 - Apr 7 with 568 views222gers

Home v Away Pitches on 13:21 - Apr 7 by Damo1962

Let's try a season ground sharing with Fulham. Konk could organise something ๐Ÿ˜‰ Personally I think it is more the proximity of the stands at LR to the pitch - great when you are in the opposition's face...not so great when you are being over- run. I just can't believe that a couple of extra yards can make a team so Jeckyll and Hyde. Think a lot of away grounds in the Championship have better changing rooms than LR too. I'm running out of excuses now ๐Ÿ˜

After yesterday, i'd prefer a ground sharing with Aberdeen.
Home v Away Pitches on 14:56 - Apr 7 with 557 viewscolinallcars

Home v Away Pitches on 13:21 - Apr 7 by Damo1962

The man to go to if you're running out of excuses is Taylor Richards.
Home v Away Pitches on 15:03 - Apr 7 with 534 viewsDamo1962

Home v Away Pitches on 14:52 - Apr 7 by 222gers

After yesterday, i'd prefer a ground sharing with Aberdeen.

๐Ÿ˜‚
Home v Away Pitches on 15:04 - Apr 7 with 528 viewsDamo1962

Home v Away Pitches on 14:56 - Apr 7 by colinallcars

The man to go to if you're running out of excuses is Taylor Richards.

๐Ÿค”๐Ÿ˜‚
Home v Away Pitches on 09:53 - Apr 8 with 326 viewsTheChef

I don't think you can explain our dreadful home form through pitch dimensions.

Two seasons of dreadful home form through countless managers and players. Just don't quite understand why.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024