Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Marti interview with sky 10:30 - Jun 24 with 6619 viewspaddyhdog

Lot of love for Rs, the club and the fans

Hopefully puts all the rumours to bed

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11711/13155958/marti-cifuentes-exclusive
Marti interview with sky on 10:44 - Jun 24 with 4580 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I don't think I've fancied someone this much since Molly Ringwald.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Marti interview with sky on 10:52 - Jun 24 with 4527 viewslondonscottish

That cheered me up a bit after last night's shit show.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Marti interview with sky on 11:26 - Jun 24 with 4320 viewsPaddyhoops

Marti interview with sky on 10:44 - Jun 24 by BrianMcCarthy

She was pretty in Pink.
Marti interview with sky on 11:27 - Jun 24 with 4304 viewsdutch

Just shows how you can have different versions of who QPR are. Gareth tried to portray us as little old QPR, underdogs, poor relatives, harking back to Ollie's fist pumping, 'this is our cave' rhetoric, with a backs to the wall, crazy gang style of play to go with it. Marti instead stresses our finest teams, our silky style, our attacking prowess, our maverick brilliance. I know which version of our story I prefer.

I also know that managers this eloquent and humble, this intelligent, strong minded and yet adaptable don't come along very often. Reminds me most of Gordon Jago/Dave Sexton.
Marti interview with sky on 11:36 - Jun 24 with 4236 viewsdmm

I think Cifuentes is a very switched on communicator who understands what fans want to hear. That said, there's enough in what he says to make me believe he likes it at QPR and gets what kind of club we are.

He may not be with us for a long time but we'll certainly enjoy him while he is.
Marti interview with sky on 11:58 - Jun 24 with 4086 viewsMalintabuk

That is all well and good... but no win in nearly 2 months... no new signings since January.. an absent manager jollying it up in Spain... out I say out... get someone in that we can identify in... not these Johnny Foreigners with these new fangled ideas... whatever happened to the whole, they don't like it up 'em.
We are in danger of losing what as made us so special over the last few seasons.... Questions need to be asked and answered

Just love the man
Marti interview with sky on 12:02 - Jun 24 with 4042 viewsbosh67

Well at least we know who to approach if Marti leaves!

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Marti interview with sky on 12:02 - Jun 24 with 4042 viewshubble

This is the kind of thing that I absolutely love about Cifuentes:

"Of course, we work a lot on pressing and on how we defend the box, but a big part is the way we attack and then what we do very quickly when we lose the ball."

Cifuentes even has a name for that. "It is a concept called zero-second reaction, that for us is very key. The moment we lose the ball, there is no regret, no complaints. We just try to regain the ball very quickly and as high up the pitch as we can," he explains."

What a joy it is to have such an intelligent and focused manager.

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Login to get fewer ads

Marti interview with sky on 12:18 - Jun 24 with 3912 viewsLblock

What a great read over lunch.....

Imagine what he could do with a couple of strikers who have "zero second reactions"

I'd speculate this article may well be a 'season ticket tempter' and I must admit it's fueled some fire with me...mmmmmmm
It also does Marti himself no harm and one things for sure we're unlikely to keep hold of this fella for more than a year or so unless we achieve an absolute miracle.

What a man.
Huge kudos for whoever in the club identified and captured this one!!!

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Marti interview with sky on 12:34 - Jun 24 with 3813 viewsDannyPaddox

I’d heard from someone who knows Mike Dodds - Sunderland interim manager - that they had made Marti their No. 1 target. One of the Sunderland staff had worked with Marti before and was lobbying him to jump ship. Rumour schmumour yes but I was so relieved to hear they are about to appoint Royale Le Brié or whatever his name.

Would’ve been gutted / heartbroken if Marti had left. Probably would’ve given up football and become a nun.

Roll on season 2024/25 with Marti in charge!
Marti interview with sky on 12:40 - Jun 24 with 3763 viewsfrancisbowles

Marti interview with sky on 12:02 - Jun 24 by hubble

This is the kind of thing that I absolutely love about Cifuentes:

"Of course, we work a lot on pressing and on how we defend the box, but a big part is the way we attack and then what we do very quickly when we lose the ball."

Cifuentes even has a name for that. "It is a concept called zero-second reaction, that for us is very key. The moment we lose the ball, there is no regret, no complaints. We just try to regain the ball very quickly and as high up the pitch as we can," he explains."

What a joy it is to have such an intelligent and focused manager.

He still has a bit of work to do with Sinclair.🫢
Marti interview with sky on 12:54 - Jun 24 with 3633 viewsQPROslo

That was a good read. Certainly sounds like he's proud of what he's done at the Club and how his idea of how we should play is alligned with the best periods of our history. It sounds like he wants to stay longer and that for now it would take a very good offer from a big Club for him to move on. But then you never can tell.
Marti interview with sky on 12:57 - Jun 24 with 3566 viewsloftus77

Yes...I can remain cynical/negative to the last...but that interview appears to be nothing but good news. 24/25 Season-defining good news.
Marti interview with sky on 13:05 - Jun 24 with 3472 viewsBlackCrowe

Feels like he's very quickly developed genuine love the club rather than just the usual platitudes.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Marti interview with sky on 13:09 - Jun 24 with 3428 viewsnumptydumpty

Marti interview with sky on 12:18 - Jun 24 by Lblock

What a great read over lunch.....

Imagine what he could do with a couple of strikers who have "zero second reactions"

I'd speculate this article may well be a 'season ticket tempter' and I must admit it's fueled some fire with me...mmmmmmm
It also does Marti himself no harm and one things for sure we're unlikely to keep hold of this fella for more than a year or so unless we achieve an absolute miracle.

What a man.
Huge kudos for whoever in the club identified and captured this one!!!

Well it was the much maligned - incredibly unfairly IMHO - Les Ferdinand !!

Was due to be appointed but we chose Mick Beale instead as we had to pay around £1 million release clause for Marti

If Cifuentes had arrived at that time, Les's legacy would have been secured.

Replacing Warburton - who had us stabilised and competing - with Cifuentes to replace him, good work from Les and the team !!

But for many the wrong choice but for the right reasons ie saving money, Beale basically ensured Les had a few failures as managers before his Les's inevitable demise.

One decision away from a totally different legacy for Les !!
[Post edited 24 Jun 13:17]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Marti interview with sky on 13:12 - Jun 24 with 3383 viewsDavieQPR

Marti interview with sky on 12:34 - Jun 24 by DannyPaddox

I’d heard from someone who knows Mike Dodds - Sunderland interim manager - that they had made Marti their No. 1 target. One of the Sunderland staff had worked with Marti before and was lobbying him to jump ship. Rumour schmumour yes but I was so relieved to hear they are about to appoint Royale Le Brié or whatever his name.

Would’ve been gutted / heartbroken if Marti had left. Probably would’ve given up football and become a nun.

Regis de Bris. Regis means 'Royalty' and Bris is the Jewish ceremony of Circumcision, So does that make him 'King of the Dickheads'.
Marti interview with sky on 13:17 - Jun 24 with 3343 viewseghamranger

Had to google her as hadn’t hear of her, not bad, probably would
Marti interview with sky on 13:19 - Jun 24 with 3330 viewsDannyPaddox

Marti interview with sky on 13:12 - Jun 24 by DavieQPR

Regis de Bris. Regis means 'Royalty' and Bris is the Jewish ceremony of Circumcision, So does that make him 'King of the Dickheads'.

aka King Snip
Marti interview with sky on 13:58 - Jun 24 with 3107 viewsDWQPR

Marti interview with sky on 13:19 - Jun 24 by DannyPaddox

aka King Snip

This deserves to be Paddoxed.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Marti interview with sky on 14:04 - Jun 24 with 3064 viewsE17hoop

Marti interview with sky on 11:26 - Jun 24 by Paddyhoops

She was pretty in Pink.

What's the difference between pink and purple?

Grip.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Championship Playoffs - who's going up?

Marti interview with sky on 15:24 - Jun 24 with 2685 viewsDannyPaddox

Marti interview with sky on 13:58 - Jun 24 by DWQPR

This deserves to be Paddoxed.

Marti interview with sky on 15:47 - Jun 24 with 2553 viewsCLAREMAN1995

" zero second reaction is the key for us. No regrets,no complaints,no blame just win it back as quickly as you can and as high up the pitch as you can "
How brilliant is that we are so used to QPR players throwing their hands up and pointing the fingers at each other its no wonder the team was not one tight unit and you can never win anything like that.
He was full of praise for Chair and Willock i wonder if that meand CW might be central to his plans next year now.
Looking forward to preseason it could be fun for the fans who risk sunburn following them around
Marti interview with sky on 18:06 - Jun 24 with 2149 viewsdmm

Marti interview with sky on 12:34 - Jun 24 by DannyPaddox

"Probably would’ve given up football and become a nun."

If only there was someone who could do a funny mash up pic of this...
Marti interview with sky on 18:59 - Jun 24 with 1937 viewsEsox_Lucius

What a coincidence! She asked me at a home game back in the day, "Who is that tall, handsome chap standing behind you?"

The grass is always greener.

Marti interview with sky on 19:32 - Jun 24 with 1806 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Marti interview with sky on 18:59 - Jun 24 by Esox_Lucius

What a coincidence! She asked me at a home game back in the day, "Who is that tall, handsome chap standing behind you?"

Thanks, Ducky.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024