Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The really best bit about the UK Election 09:22 - Jul 5 with 3964 viewsPlanetHonneywood

I watched with our cat until a few hours ago, and leaving the result out of it, I was immensely proud of the UK!

Just look at how the transition of power took place. Seemless, without rancor or violence. The speaches of Mourdant and Buckland were exceptional given their results, thought Hunt was interesting too; albeit a case of: why weren't you doing this in power?

And plenty of departing Tories congratulated and wished their victors the best.

Compare that with the US in 2020, and what might happen in France next week and the US soon. As Mrs PH just said to me: Last night said a lot about the UK, a lot other countries should note and admire.

Exhausted now, Girona gone for a burton, as I'll be taking naps all day.

However, with great power comes great responsibility for Labour. They certainly made the right noises on the night - so fingers crossed they not only do a good job, but also attract back lost voters to Farage. And let's be honest: Reform split the Tories, and handed Labour the win but now the big issue for the Tories is what party do they want to be? Lurch to the right to suck up to Farage or repel him and learn the lesson of last night about being out of touch.

We'll get an idea when we see who they elect to replace Sunak.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

The really best bit about the UK Election on 09:47 - Jul 5 with 2108 viewsStainrod

Good post and agree. Except surely the best moments were seeing the end of Liz Truss and Jacob RM - far worse than Portillo ever was IMHO...
The really best bit about the UK Election on 09:50 - Jul 5 with 2097 viewsconnell10

Now the work really starts for Labour to mend the mess the out going bunch have created. As was once said ...Things can only get better....I hope.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

The really best bit about the UK Election on 10:02 - Jul 5 with 2054 viewsBluce_Ree

Galloway immediately losing his seat and not even going on the stage. Yes. Come on, UK!

Also, we're rid of that haunted victorian pencil looking c**t Rees-Mogg. Fking slimy c**t. I'll celebrate his death.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

The really best bit about the UK Election on 10:31 - Jul 5 with 1995 viewsPlanetHonneywood

The really best bit about the UK Election on 10:02 - Jul 5 by Bluce_Ree

Galloway immediately losing his seat and not even going on the stage. Yes. Come on, UK!

Also, we're rid of that haunted victorian pencil looking c**t Rees-Mogg. Fking slimy c**t. I'll celebrate his death.

Be interesting to see who Starmer picks to replace JRM as Minister for The Eighteenth Century. Although I suspect he'll close that Department of government.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

The really best bit about the UK Election on 11:45 - Jul 5 with 1822 viewslondonscottish

In two year's time, nothing much will have changed (because there's no money to change anything) and all the angry protest voters will be even angrier and will now be blaming Labour. And everything will get more divisive and polarised.

I can't wait.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

The really best bit about the UK Election on 11:55 - Jul 5 with 1771 viewsDesertBoot

It'll be interesting as Starmer is very much in the back pocket of the World Economic Forum.
Net Zero will be on page 1 of "things to do" with energy bills getting higher along with petrol and diesel to force such vehicles off the road.
ULEZ will be tightened across London and spread throughout the country making towns and cities almost inaccessible (see Oxford and Canterbury).
Your friendly GP can give you a certificate that switches you from "Mr" to "Mrs" replacing years of therapy, proof of lifestyle and a panel of medical experts.
"Smash the gangs" will be a laughing stock as Starmer voted against every single one of the dozen or so proposals to somehow "stop the boats".
David Lammy will roll out his own-brand tablets that help men grow a cervix and Sharia Law will sneak in through the back door in some cities via Angela Rayner.
"Fourteen years of chaos" yes and jog on Conservatives but...bloody hell.

Wish I could be like David Watts

The really best bit about the UK Election on 12:00 - Jul 5 with 1727 viewsjohann28

Well said. Me and my cat were thinking the same thing.

Apart from the utterly graceless Liz Truss, so pleasing to see beaten candidates congratulate their opponent and not start sulking or demonising.

For the future, the defeat of Mourdant and the victory of Braverman may be crucial, being on 'left' and 'right' of the party respectively. The mainstream media's obsession with Farage also doesn't help, especially given the Lib Dems' success. I really hope we can avoid the often bitter polarisation we see in the US and parts of Europe.
[Post edited 5 Jul 12:01]
The really best bit about the UK Election on 12:03 - Jul 5 with 1693 viewsSheffieldHoop

The really best bit about the UK Election on 11:55 - Jul 5 by DesertBoot

It'll be interesting as Starmer is very much in the back pocket of the World Economic Forum.
Net Zero will be on page 1 of "things to do" with energy bills getting higher along with petrol and diesel to force such vehicles off the road.
ULEZ will be tightened across London and spread throughout the country making towns and cities almost inaccessible (see Oxford and Canterbury).
Your friendly GP can give you a certificate that switches you from "Mr" to "Mrs" replacing years of therapy, proof of lifestyle and a panel of medical experts.
"Smash the gangs" will be a laughing stock as Starmer voted against every single one of the dozen or so proposals to somehow "stop the boats".
David Lammy will roll out his own-brand tablets that help men grow a cervix and Sharia Law will sneak in through the back door in some cities via Angela Rayner.

I'm personally looking forward to the "age of consent" debate. We know they want to lower it, we know they want to give our children hormone blockers, we know they want to get rid of some of the grooming gang cases......Nonce appeasement incoming.

"Someone despises me. That's their problem." Marcus Aurelius

Login to get fewer ads

The really best bit about the UK Election on 12:09 - Jul 5 with 1648 viewsKonk

The really best bit about the UK Election on 12:03 - Jul 5 by SheffieldHoop

I'm personally looking forward to the "age of consent" debate. We know they want to lower it, we know they want to give our children hormone blockers, we know they want to get rid of some of the grooming gang cases......Nonce appeasement incoming.

Genuinely not seen any talk about lowering the age of consent - do you have any links?

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

The really best bit about the UK Election on 12:12 - Jul 5 with 1623 viewsSheffieldHoop

The really best bit about the UK Election on 12:09 - Jul 5 by Konk

Genuinely not seen any talk about lowering the age of consent - do you have any links?

No, but you can try using your brain. Or google, whichever you find easier.

The really best bit about the UK Election on 12:13 - Jul 5 with 1622 viewsSuperhoop83

This has prompted me finally to stop reading political threads on here.

Thank you.

Suffering since 1978.

The really best bit about the UK Election on 12:17 - Jul 5 with 1588 viewsSheffieldHoop

The really best bit about the UK Election on 12:13 - Jul 5 by Superhoop83

This has prompted me finally to stop reading political threads on here.

Thank you.

Pleasure.

The really best bit about the UK Election on 12:34 - Jul 5 with 1507 viewsrobith

a fundamentally unserious country
The really best bit about the UK Election on 12:37 - Jul 5 with 1471 viewsRangersw12

Can you just clarify who the " they " are ?

There is talk of voting age being lowered to 16 but nothing about consent that I can see .
[Post edited 5 Jul 12:43]
The really best bit about the UK Election on 12:56 - Jul 5 with 1346 viewsJuzzie

The really best bit about the UK Election on 12:34 - Jul 5 by robith

a fundamentally unserious country

A seriously weird, immature, unhinged and delusional bloke, and a bloke in a funny baked bean mask.
The really best bit about the UK Election on 13:09 - Jul 5 with 1225 viewsSheffieldHoop

The really best bit about the UK Election on 12:37 - Jul 5 by Rangersw12

There is talk of voting age being lowered to 16 but nothing about consent that I can see .

The establishment. Stonewall. Mermaids. Hope Not Hate. The whole progressive/solidarity movement that Kier Starmer was right behind until he realized it doesn't win elections.

Now they've lied their way into No.10 - But the same GloboHomo agenda is still there.

The really best bit about the UK Election on 13:12 - Jul 5 with 1207 viewsQPR_John

The really best bit about the UK Election on 12:37 - Jul 5 by Rangersw12

Surely the voting age is the base line. It would be odd if you were allowed to vote as an adult but were barred from other rights
The really best bit about the UK Election on 13:13 - Jul 5 with 1201 viewsNed_Kennedys

The really best bit about the UK Election on 10:02 - Jul 5 by Bluce_Ree

You’ll celebrate his death?
I appreciate a lot of your posts but…..Fck me that’s way over the top.
The really best bit about the UK Election on 13:23 - Jul 5 with 1149 viewsKonk

The really best bit about the UK Election on 12:12 - Jul 5 by SheffieldHoop

No, but you can try using your brain. Or google, whichever you find easier.

Oh, so you may have imagined it then. Would have thought it an unlikely vote winner.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

The really best bit about the UK Election on 13:25 - Jul 5 with 1131 viewsSheffieldHoop

The really best bit about the UK Election on 13:23 - Jul 5 by Konk

Oh, so you may have imagined it then. Would have thought it an unlikely vote winner.

They've already won the vote. They are already in power.

The really best bit about the UK Election on 13:27 - Jul 5 with 1120 viewsconnell10

The really best bit about the UK Election on 11:55 - Jul 5 by DesertBoot

Must be great having a crystal ball Mystic Meg.

The really best bit about the UK Election on 13:28 - Jul 5 with 1102 viewsLogman

The really best bit about the UK Election on 11:45 - Jul 5 by londonscottish

In two year's time, nothing much will have changed (because there's no money to change anything) and all the angry protest voters will be even angrier and will now be blaming Labour. And everything will get more divisive and polarised.

I can't wait.

The only saving grace is the rise of the Lib Dems. Maybe in 5 years when Labour has screwed up, interest rates and inflation have gone up and everyone is striking they will be the difference between Labour or the Tories winning a majority. Can't see Reform making any progress, they only won 4 seats on the back of nationalist jingoism. They are powder puff.
The really best bit about the UK Election on 13:31 - Jul 5 with 1065 viewsconnell10

You honestly sound unhinged mate . Yep I'm steering clear of Political threads from now . To many weirdos.

The really best bit about the UK Election on 13:35 - Jul 5 with 1007 viewsSheffieldHoop

The really best bit about the UK Election on 13:31 - Jul 5 by connell10

You honestly sound unhinged mate . Yep I'm steering clear of Political threads from now . To many weirdos.

You're talking about a party that admits it allowed sensitivities around ethnicity prevent action on child sexual exploitation and abuse.
[Post edited 5 Jul 13:54]

The really best bit about the UK Election on 13:38 - Jul 5 with 986 viewsSydneyRs

Agree some of the Tory speeches were really good, but where has this been the last few years. They were all complicit in what went on and supported the likes of Johnson until it became impossible to do so.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024