Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Football World War 09:08 - Jul 24 with 2484 viewsslmrstid

Trouble is a brewing...even our own Football League is getting in on the act according to this. They could perhaps reduce player fatigue by getting rid of the ridiculous group stage of the EFL Trophy to start with.

I'd actually be in favour of scrapping the EFL Trophy and making the League Cup Championship to League Two teams only myself. Probably an argument for another day though.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/cye0148e10go
Football World War on 09:36 - Jul 24 with 2389 viewsLandshark

I think they need to look a little closer to home before going after FIFA. When the Premier League season finished, Tottenham and Newcastle both flew down to Australia for an extra game, they are both also out in Japan for a pre season tour. If clubs were actually concerned about players well-being they would not be playing these games so far away. It's always and only ever about the money.
Football World War on 09:43 - Jul 24 with 2358 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Some irony that some of these clubs have submitted this while on tour in the Far East, Australasia, and the US/Canada.

Agree with the principle that there is too much football and FIFA is generally a malign influence.
Football World War on 10:05 - Jul 24 with 2275 viewsterryb

I thought that this was going to be a reference to the Honduras & El Salvador war which allegedly started from a World Cup qualifying match between the two countries in 1969.

This is commonly referred to as the "football war".
Football World War on 10:11 - Jul 24 with 2250 viewsLblock

Football World War on 09:36 - Jul 24 by Landshark

I think they need to look a little closer to home before going after FIFA. When the Premier League season finished, Tottenham and Newcastle both flew down to Australia for an extra game, they are both also out in Japan for a pre season tour. If clubs were actually concerned about players well-being they would not be playing these games so far away. It's always and only ever about the money.

Absolutely this.

I'd hazard a guess this new competition is more about there's not enough share of money for these vvankers

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Football World War on 18:08 - Jul 24 with 1795 viewsthemodfather

it's all about the cash, clubs need it but they are draining the tanks of fans pockets, patience and lowering standard of competitions imo.

fifa are being lobbied/sued as they want to increase world cup nations numbers and also that world club thing. more games, tired players!
Football World War on 18:19 - Jul 24 with 1771 viewsLanhoop

Football World War on 18:08 - Jul 24 by themodfather

it's all about the cash, clubs need it but they are draining the tanks of fans pockets, patience and lowering standard of competitions imo.

fifa are being lobbied/sued as they want to increase world cup nations numbers and also that world club thing. more games, tired players!

The hypocrisy of this does my head in. If players didn't demand so much money then the clubs wouldn't need so many games/competitions in order to get income so then players wouldn't get so tired.

Maybe De Bruyne thinks his £400k a week can be paid for from 35 games a year?
Well whose pocket does that come from, whether it's tickets or subscriptions, it's
us.

Perhaps they can choose between being tired or have fewer games and a salary cap?
Football World War on 20:35 - Jul 24 with 1604 viewsHooparoo

Football World War on 18:19 - Jul 24 by Lanhoop

The hypocrisy of this does my head in. If players didn't demand so much money then the clubs wouldn't need so many games/competitions in order to get income so then players wouldn't get so tired.

Maybe De Bruyne thinks his £400k a week can be paid for from 35 games a year?
Well whose pocket does that come from, whether it's tickets or subscriptions, it's
us.

Perhaps they can choose between being tired or have fewer games and a salary cap?

Spot on. They forget that all their financial power comes from us, the fans and their very existence stems from our love for the game. We need a revolution like a fan boycott of an entire round of fixtures by every supporters club. A dozen empty stadia would get their attention. Power to the people!

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Football World War on 10:09 - Jul 25 with 1222 viewsAntti_Heinola

Football World War on 09:36 - Jul 24 by Landshark

I agree with the sentiment, and even Ange was angry about the Australia match, which was insanity, but I don't really get the argument about how far away they are now. Few extra hours on a plane in first class not going to make any difference to players in pre-season.

Bare bones.

Login to get fewer ads

Football World War on 10:43 - Jul 25 with 1130 viewsNorthernr

While sht like this is going on, they should shut the fck up.

https://www.manutd.com/en/tour-2024
Football World War on 16:30 - Jul 25 with 830 viewsNorthernr

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024