Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Diakite 14:26 - Nov 5 with 3710 viewsheadhoops

Can we can play Diakite, Granero and Faurlin together - probably not under Hughes as that would mean him having to drop Park, SWP or both.

IMO were are using Diakite as a holding midfielder when he should clearly be up front. Every time he got the ball at the weekend and ran at their midfield and defense we looked threatening. Push him up the pitch and put Faurlin in as the holding midfielder.

Stoke line up would be:

Cesar
Bosingwa Nelson Hill(captain) Traore
Faurlin Diakite Granero Tarabt
Cisse Hoilett

Get Hoilett and Cisse to work the channels avoiding loads of long punts down the pitch and have Diakite, Tarbs and Granero looking to get on any thing coming back their way.

Expect hughes will line up to draw.

Poll: Remy - can he play in the playoffs - who's opening post is the best?

Diakite on 14:35 - Nov 5 with 3691 viewsdaveB

well he dropped swp yesterday.

You can easily play all 3 if you play 4-3-3
Diakite on 14:39 - Nov 5 with 3673 viewsWestbourneR

100% agree. Bringing Ale in as a ball winning tempo setting deep lying midfielder would set Diakite and Granero free.

We would also get more ball and dominate the mid of the park instead of chasing shadows like yesterday. The number of times we got it in midfield and there was a gaping gap ahead of us with no Rangers player for miles.

Taarabt, Hoilett and Cisse should be left to get on with it and the extra AM / Forward (either Mackie or SWP or Park) should be dropped and replaced with Faurlin.

IT'S OBVIOUS.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Diakite on 14:43 - Nov 5 with 3666 viewswestberksr

Diakite on 14:39 - Nov 5 by WestbourneR

100% agree. Bringing Ale in as a ball winning tempo setting deep lying midfielder would set Diakite and Granero free.

We would also get more ball and dominate the mid of the park instead of chasing shadows like yesterday. The number of times we got it in midfield and there was a gaping gap ahead of us with no Rangers player for miles.

Taarabt, Hoilett and Cisse should be left to get on with it and the extra AM / Forward (either Mackie or SWP or Park) should be dropped and replaced with Faurlin.

IT'S OBVIOUS.

just what I said elsewhere; but apparently not that obvious by others comments.

can't see how we can chance a 442 with our defensive record, couldn't even beat what are probably going to be 1 of the 3 that go down y'day; 451 when defending into 433 in attack.
Diakite on 14:58 - Nov 5 with 3636 viewsActonR

Diakite on 14:43 - Nov 5 by westberksr

can't see how we can chance a 442 with our defensive record, couldn't even beat what are probably going to be 1 of the 3 that go down y'day; 451 when defending into 433 in attack.

Totally agree. Shocked he didn't add another midfielder yesterday. It was clear that we needed one and we only got back into the match when Reading faded -- probably the effects of 120 mid-week minutes of football -- and talented individuals, like Taarabt, started to use their virtuoso skills.

Reading are one of the worst teams in this division. We shouldn't be "just" failing to beat them by having a "better" second half or we're not going to stay up...
Diakite on 15:01 - Nov 5 with 3623 viewsClive_Anderson

Would love to see those three together in midfield. Have they ever played together?

Don't think we'll ever see it with Hughes at the club unfortunately.
Diakite on 15:03 - Nov 5 with 3616 viewsN12Hoop

When he starts marouding forward on the ball, no one seems to be able to get it off him. Quite frankly I think Diakite is fcking awesome and if he could be given the freedom to go forward at will he will cause all sorts of problems. With Faurlin, yesterday was crying out for his guile and ability to pick a pass. It's criminal that he never got onto the pitch

Poll: Who would you most like to see win the Premiership?

Diakite on 15:04 - Nov 5 with 3613 viewsadhoc_qpr

I reckon Park for Mackie will be the only change sadly.
Diakite on 15:07 - Nov 5 with 3607 viewsMerthyrHoop

I think Faurlin is vital against Stoke. They generally bypass their midfield, normally so that they can include players who are good at taking long-throws or corners, this is a chance to get the ball down and play to a prescribed system. Faurlin should be employed to sit just in front of the back-four to take the ball from centre-backs, bring the full-backs into the play and to act as a fulcrum for all attacking play, as well as being decent in the air which will be important.

My team would be:

Cesar
Bosingwa, Onuoha, Nelsen, Traore
Faurlin, Diakite
Mackie, Granero, Taarabt
Cisse

Ask Traore to provide the width on the left to be covered by Faurlin, Taarabt to cut inside to join Granero behind Stoke's limited midfield feeding passes to Cisse positioned always on the last defender, I don't particularly want to Cisse anywhere else on the pitch. With Faurlin screening the defence, encourage Diakite to get forward where possible, and also get Mackie to run at the left-back continually and support Cisse where possible and leave the defending to Bosingwa.
Login to get fewer ads

Diakite on 15:09 - Nov 5 with 3604 viewsBeds_Ranger

I'm not one for successful team selection, but I'd love to see a 4-2-3-1 with those 3 at the heart of it.

Ceasar
Bosingwa, Mbia, Nelson, Traore
Faurlin, Diakite
Taarabt Granero Hoilett
Cisse

This would give us so many options for cover in all departments with SWP, Park, Mackie, Zamora being available for the attacking 3 around Granero. Mbia, Derry or even drop Granero back into the holding 2 and mix up the defence as and when needed (which appears to be every game).
Diakite on 15:12 - Nov 5 with 3594 viewsQPunkR

Diakite on 15:04 - Nov 5 by adhoc_qpr

I reckon Park for Mackie will be the only change sadly.

This is the sad truth

QPR - "shit but local"

Diakite on 15:14 - Nov 5 with 3582 viewsadhoc_qpr

I'm starting to think it doesn't actually matter which 11 players are on the pitch and in what formation when they are all so clearly phyisically and mentally unprepared, unfocused and uninterested.

We'd probably be better off playing Mackie, Derry, Hill, Ephraim etc because at least we know they can dig in and have good attitudes - although Hughes has probably destroyed that by freezing them out...
Diakite on 15:23 - Nov 5 with 3558 viewsDylanP

Cesar
Bosingwa Nelson Hill/Anton Traore
Faurlin
Diakite Granero
Taarabt Hoilett
Cisse Zamora

Sorry, I am picking 12 players, because I really would like to see those thre together in the middle but I also think that Cisse and Zamora and much better together than apart, and I definitely think that Adel and Hoilett are both needed out there.

Can someone please contact the FA and see if they are OK with the 12 man thing? Thanks

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Diakite on 16:50 - Nov 5 with 3492 viewsheadhoops

Diakite on 15:23 - Nov 5 by DylanP

Cesar
Bosingwa Nelson Hill/Anton Traore
Faurlin
Diakite Granero
Taarabt Hoilett
Cisse Zamora

Sorry, I am picking 12 players, because I really would like to see those thre together in the middle but I also think that Cisse and Zamora and much better together than apart, and I definitely think that Adel and Hoilett are both needed out there.

Can someone please contact the FA and see if they are OK with the 12 man thing? Thanks

Man utd regularly play with 12 men - 14 if you include both assistant refs!

Poll: Remy - can he play in the playoffs - who's opening post is the best?

Diakite on 17:01 - Nov 5 with 3467 viewsbaz_qpr

Diakite on 15:09 - Nov 5 by Beds_Ranger

I'm not one for successful team selection, but I'd love to see a 4-2-3-1 with those 3 at the heart of it.

Ceasar
Faurlin, Diakite
Taarabt Granero Hoilett
Cisse

This would give us so many options for cover in all departments with SWP, Park, Mackie, Zamora being available for the attacking 3 around Granero. Mbia, Derry or even drop Granero back into the holding 2 and mix up the defence as and when needed (which appears to be every game).

I think an awful lot of us want to see that team except for the 4-4-2 's and sadley Hughes is one of them
Diakite on 17:18 - Nov 5 with 3445 viewsRed_Ranger

Ceasar
Faurlin, Diakite
Taarabt Granero Hoilett
Cisse

This.
With Nelson captain
i would also try Granero dropping back and Diakite pushing forward.
Park for Hoilett if we becoming under pressure.
Strong team on paper.
Diakite on 17:22 - Nov 5 with 3440 viewsDylanP

Ceasar
Faurlin, Diakite
Taarabt Granero Hoilett
Cisse

Mbia is still suspended. If he were available, that would be my back line of choice.

In midfield, I would switch Diakite and Granero; so that diakite was the attacking midfielder, linking up with Granero and faurling just behind him.

So, my version of that would be:

Ceasar
Faurlin, Granero
Taarabt Diakite Hoilett
Cisse

Having said that, this is a team that would lack attacking width, except when Traore and Bosingwa come forward. Of course, we really don't have anyone in that side to get on the end of crosses, so why bother. With that team, when a cross comes in Diakite, Taarabt, and Hoilett are all situated on the edge of the box waiting for a rebound/knock-back and Faurlin and Granero are even further back. Cisse can head the ball, but that isn't really his game. He isn't a big target man in the box.

That team features 2 players who like to play the ball out of defense/midfield and play clever balls forward to the more attacking players (Faurlin and Granero). You also have three players who like to run with the ball at their feet (Adel, Hoilett, and Diakite). That sort of set-up only works if the defense passes the ball forward instead of just hoofing it up, by-passing the midfield where that team set-up is designed to start. We don't have the personnel for long balls into the box and so they are almost always a waste of time.

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Diakite on 20:56 - Nov 5 with 3382 viewsBirminghamR

Diakite on 17:22 - Nov 5 by DylanP

Mbia is still suspended. If he were available, that would be my back line of choice.

In midfield, I would switch Diakite and Granero; so that diakite was the attacking midfielder, linking up with Granero and faurling just behind him.

So, my version of that would be:

Ceasar
Faurlin, Granero
Taarabt Diakite Hoilett
Cisse

Having said that, this is a team that would lack attacking width, except when Traore and Bosingwa come forward. Of course, we really don't have anyone in that side to get on the end of crosses, so why bother. With that team, when a cross comes in Diakite, Taarabt, and Hoilett are all situated on the edge of the box waiting for a rebound/knock-back and Faurlin and Granero are even further back. Cisse can head the ball, but that isn't really his game. He isn't a big target man in the box.

That team features 2 players who like to play the ball out of defense/midfield and play clever balls forward to the more attacking players (Faurlin and Granero). You also have three players who like to run with the ball at their feet (Adel, Hoilett, and Diakite). That sort of set-up only works if the defense passes the ball forward instead of just hoofing it up, by-passing the midfield where that team set-up is designed to start. We don't have the personnel for long balls into the box and so they are almost always a waste of time.

DylanP
Agree with everything there.
If we don't have the personnel for long ball forward - don't set up to play it.
Have it on the bench instead as plan B (i.e. Zamora)
Abit of SWOT analysis on our attacking options -
our strengths?:
tidy ball playing, passpicking midfielders x 3 (4 incl. Park)
mazy, skillful wide players x 2 (Tarbs and Hoilett)
goalpoacher/finisher x 1 (Cisse)
our weaknesses?
goal scoring centre forward who can hold up play (Zamora average here)
aggressive forward (Mackie nearest we got)
workhorse/never stop running forward (a la Doyle or Long) who covers everything (Mackie best we can do)

So tell you what...play to our strengths, not our weaknesses.!Looks like 451 going on to 433 to me.
With options to change it up coming off the bench - Zamora, Mackie.
Just leave SWP out - as he adds nothing

Not all teams play with a static target man - Liverpool/Suarez case in point.

Please Mark, you know it makes sense!

Diakite on 21:06 - Nov 5 with 3363 viewsJigsore

Cesar
Bosingwa Nelsen Hill (can defend bloody set pieces nextweek) Traoré
Faurlin Diakité
Hoilett Granero Taarabt
Cissé

Shame about Mackie but that's our best team right there.

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Diakite on 21:36 - Nov 5 with 3331 viewsYorkRanger

Diakite on 21:06 - Nov 5 by Jigsore

Cesar
Bosingwa Nelsen Hill (can defend bloody set pieces nextweek) Traoré
Faurlin Diakité
Hoilett Granero Taarabt
Cissé

Shame about Mackie but that's our best team right there.

I agree with that team. The only possible change (and I may get mocked for this) is Zamora for Cisse. I think that will give us some extra strength in the air defending corners etc.
Diakite on 22:01 - Nov 5 with 3300 viewsted_hendrix

Diakite on 15:03 - Nov 5 by N12Hoop

When he starts marouding forward on the ball, no one seems to be able to get it off him. Quite frankly I think Diakite is fcking awesome and if he could be given the freedom to go forward at will he will cause all sorts of problems. With Faurlin, yesterday was crying out for his guile and ability to pick a pass. It's criminal that he never got onto the pitch

So true and painfully obvious to nearly everybody in the ground.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Diakite on 10:17 - Nov 6 with 3178 viewsThaiHoop

Diakite on 14:43 - Nov 5 by westberksr

Exactly! What the "playing one up front is too negative" brigade don't seem to understand is that it can turn into 4-3-3 or even 4-2-4 when we are attacking IF (and that is a bloody big IF!!) the right players are picked.

It has to be a central 3 of Faurlin, Diakete and Granero with Adel and Hoilett on the flanks. Adel has proved he has the work ethic now on top of his undoubted attacking skill to deal with this whereas SWP and (to a degree) Park have proved they only have the work ethic and precious little else with regard to aiding an attack.

And yes, PLEASE put Hill in ahead of Ferdinand against Stoke!!!
Diakite on 10:58 - Nov 6 with 3154 viewsElHoop

I am expecting something of a 'night of the long knives' for the Stoke game, well maybe half an hour of long knives anyway.

Cesar
Bosingwa Onouha Nelsen Traore
Diakite Faurlin
Park Granero Taarabt
Cisse

Diakite on 11:02 - Nov 6 with 3149 viewsPommyhoop

Cesar
Bosingwa Ferdinand Nelsen Hill
SWP Granero Diakite Park
Mackie Zamorra..

Wot ??

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Diakite on 12:31 - Nov 6 with 3117 viewsstansleftfoot

QPR in any set-up are playing too deep, they are scared of pace, the midfield is easily by-passed, all our skillful players are being asked to do donkey work in our own half or on the halfway line. The striker or strikers have no support.
As soon as we pick up the pace of passing and play in the final third we look a good side....except the back four are 60 yards away because they know if the opposition get the other side of the midfield they will get done for pace.
Mark Hughes seems to be advising that we slow the game down, there's no movement up top, there's no third man running, nobody ever gets the other side of Zamora. They are being asked to slow the game down but then need to chase the game later on....that's when we look better....start on the front foot with the gas on the pedal.
So these very simple failures to attack the game leave us short of chances in the box and there's always the chance of the back four giving away corners because they are normally facing their own goal having been bypassed or beaten for pace.
The corners and free kicks will always give a goal away....
Mark Hughes has the players but is not setting them up right or creating a dynamism to take the game to the opposition.
We wanted a good twenty minutes to start against Reading. We immediately gave possession away from kick off( it seemed as if Granero had been told "Pass it to their Keeper, we''ll defend" ) and didn't see the ball for thirty five minutes.....Diakite seems to be positioned as a defensive mid but all his talent, pace, and ambition is to get at the back four....let him...play 4:1:4:1 let Faurlin pick up the ball from the back four/cesar...when the oppo push a player onto him we have weakened their midfield....so Faurlin: Hoillet, Granero, Diakite, Taarabt: Cisse or Zamora. The back four is made up of whatever relics are available at the time. Use Mackie as Traore injury sub...Jaimie would make a great Full Back, if he learnt of Dave Bowen.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024