Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Newcastle away 13:22 - Nov 13 with 2337 viewsPlumsteadQPR

Can anybody tell me how far the airport is from St. James' Park? Is catching 18.00 flight to Heathrow after the game out of the question?
Newcastle away on 13:35 - Nov 13 with 2321 viewskomradkirk

it is about half an hour away on the metro,maybe a taxi could get there faster.
tight looking schedule to me if you need to be boarded 30 mins before departure.
stop over.
Newcastle away on 13:36 - Nov 13 with 2315 viewsA40Bosh

As no one else bothered to check for you I worked it out from Google map directions and it is 6.4miles. However I suspect that you would need to be at the airport at least 30mins ahead of departure and therefore it would be too big a risk to get out of the ground and out to the airport.

You could always have a cab waiting for you and leave 15mins early but miss Bobby Zamora getting his hatrick in the 91st minute.

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Newcastle away on 13:37 - Nov 13 with 2312 viewspomanjou

Its more than 12 sets of stairs to get to bottom and exit and once out of the ground its 7 miles or so. Its a bit marginal unless you leave a little early, have no bags, are lucky with traffic etc etc. Dont know what the check in time is though....

Currently residing in Pinner, Centre of the Universe.
Poll: we have a timetable for Brexit, should there be a referendum for the English

Newcastle away on 13:39 - Nov 13 with 2304 viewsJAPRANGERS

Newcastle away on 13:37 - Nov 13 by pomanjou

Its more than 12 sets of stairs to get to bottom and exit and once out of the ground its 7 miles or so. Its a bit marginal unless you leave a little early, have no bags, are lucky with traffic etc etc. Dont know what the check in time is though....

The 'ammers did them 1-0. Wonder what we'll do there??
Newcastle away on 13:48 - Nov 13 with 2287 viewsPlumsteadQPR

Cheer lads - I suppose what I meant was how long rather than how far. I figured 18.00 was a long shot. I would stay over but I'm meant to be at a Christmas party in Harrow the same night. Might just hop on the train and drink for 3 hours...
Newcastle away on 15:44 - Nov 13 with 2217 viewsA40Bosh

Newcastle away on 13:48 - Nov 13 by PlumsteadQPR

Cheer lads - I suppose what I meant was how long rather than how far. I figured 18.00 was a long shot. I would stay over but I'm meant to be at a Christmas party in Harrow the same night. Might just hop on the train and drink for 3 hours...

If you need someone to cover for you at the party in Harrow and there is free booze and grub then I'm your man!

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Newcastle away on 07:15 - Nov 14 with 2118 viewsBacon_1977

Newcastle away on 13:48 - Nov 13 by PlumsteadQPR

Plumstead

From your seat to the monument or haymarket metro (closet to ground that goes direct to airport) your probably looking at 20 to 25 mins by the time you get out the ground.

Trains to the airport tend to be every 10 mins, the line is shared and some go via the coast. Once on the train i think it is about 13 stops so about 25 to 30 mins.

To be safe you would need to miss the last 15-20 mins of the game.

When i come back to London i tend to find the train and flight take about the same time when you include getting to the airport and checkin Time

Oh and to add one more thing, last week (half term) they were doing work on that bit of the line so a bus service was in place may have stopped now.
Newcastle away on 09:44 - Nov 14 with 2069 viewswombat

theres normally plenty of cabs around after the game in the town centre and by the main line station , if you have booked in alreayd at the airport and u wont have bags u just have to clear security so doable cab rides only 20 mins max from the town centre

Poll: which is your favouite foot

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024