Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Granero , the new Ray W@nkins? 18:34 - Jan 5 with 8938 viewsLofthope

Pretty little touches, never moves out of the centre circle,, stylish, great posture but actually contributes absolutely nothing to our game. Splendid, super, and armchair TV fans probably think he's great.

A future career as a pundit, no doubt, beckons. Why else would he need to speak such good English?
Granero , the new Ray W@nkins? on 18:51 - Jan 5 with 5564 viewsBAWHoops

Wilkins as a player was outstanding for us. Moronic post

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

Granero , the new Ray W@nkins? on 18:55 - Jan 5 with 5529 viewsLofthope

Granero , the new Ray W@nkins? on 18:51 - Jan 5 by BAWHoops

really, well you clearly didn't watch him in the 96 relegation season...you moron.
Granero , the new Ray W@nkins? on 18:57 - Jan 5 with 5514 viewsBAWHoops

When he managed us and tried not to play himself as he knew he was shot, I watched. I also watched the years of service he gave us before that where he was sublime.

Granero has offered nothing like Wilkins at his best for us

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

Granero , the new Ray W@nkins? on 18:59 - Jan 5 with 5491 viewsLofthope

I probably should have added, that even before Wilkins joined us he was renowned for innefective, but pretty, square passses.

Very overrated player.
Granero , the new Ray W@nkins? on 18:59 - Jan 5 with 5491 viewssoupandhoop

ray ray super ray
Granero , the new Ray W@nkins? on 19:01 - Jan 5 with 5469 viewsThGrimRanger

Wilkins was an amazing player for QPR in the early 90s. Unfortunately this was tarnished by his disasterous management spell soon afterwards.

I just don't get Granero. It's like playing with 10 men.

TheGrimRanger

Granero , the new Ray W@nkins? on 19:03 - Jan 5 with 5448 viewsToast_R

He'd left came comeback by 96 on a playermanager role where he simply didn't have the heart to pack the playing part in....so I don't count that season...

Wilkins was a fantastic player for QPR and glad I had the pleasure to watch him.

Granero on the other hand has been poor and today was very poor. I will give him a pc her stretched benefit of the doubt in that he needs a season in England to adjust to the game we play compared to the Spanish League. I still think he'll come good but maybe not this season.

If he has any fight he'll stay and prove it to himself that he's good enough.
Granero , the new Ray W@nkins? on 19:05 - Jan 5 with 5432 viewsLofthope

Granero , the new Ray W@nkins? on 18:57 - Jan 5 by BAWHoops

When he managed us and tried not to play himself as he knew he was shot, I watched. I also watched the years of service he gave us before that where he was sublime.

Granero has offered nothing like Wilkins at his best for us

You really are joking?

wilkins tried not to pick himself? not sure whether to just laugh or call you a moron again. He deliberately kept the superior Steve Hodge out of the side to keep his playing careeer going. He was selfish in picking himslef and ruined this club. It took us 15 years to recover from his selfishness.

I recall at Arsenal away in our relegation season, he went off - he was substituted by his own assistant. Arsenal fans clapped him off in tribute, whilst most Rangers fans around me booed him. I'll grant you, not a majority of Ranfers fans, but mate, you really do have rose tinted glasses.
Login to get fewer ads

Granero , the new Ray W@nkins? on 19:10 - Jan 5 with 5390 viewsthorpebankR

Granero , the new Ray W@nkins? on 19:05 - Jan 5 by Lofthope

You really are joking?

wilkins tried not to pick himself? not sure whether to just laugh or call you a moron again. He deliberately kept the superior Steve Hodge out of the side to keep his playing careeer going. He was selfish in picking himslef and ruined this club. It took us 15 years to recover from his selfishness.

I recall at Arsenal away in our relegation season, he went off - he was substituted by his own assistant. Arsenal fans clapped him off in tribute, whilst most Rangers fans around me booed him. I'll grant you, not a majority of Ranfers fans, but mate, you really do have rose tinted glasses.

Steve Hodge superior? He was finished when he joined us.
Granero , the new Ray W@nkins? on 19:18 - Jan 5 with 5341 viewsLofthope

Granero , the new Ray W@nkins? on 19:10 - Jan 5 by thorpebankR

Steve Hodge superior? He was finished when he joined us.

maybe, but not as finished as Wilkins was though.

I will never forgive Wilkins for what he did to my club.

Whether or not Wilkins was good before he came back (we can argue about whether Holloway's work rate masked Wilkins lack of movement) he was absolutely selfish in picking himself and it contributed to our relegation. He put self interest before the club. Never to be forgiven.

Besides, you don't have to listen to Wilkins speaking for too long before sussing out that, for all that eloquence, there's not much of a brain there.
Granero , the new Ray W@nkins? on 19:22 - Jan 5 with 5317 views18StoneOfHoop

In the 95/96 relegation season Wilkins made 11 appearances,substituting himself 6 times,Steve Hodge -released to Watford on a free in December 1995 - none.
Is that Lofthope or Lostbrains?
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

Granero , the new Ray W@nkins? on 19:26 - Jan 5 with 5288 viewshamptonhillhoop

Granero , the new Ray W@nkins? on 19:22 - Jan 5 by 18StoneOfHoop

In the 95/96 relegation season Wilkins made 11 appearances,substituting himself 6 times,Steve Hodge -released to Watford on a free in December 1995 - none.

Ray Wilkins was one of the best midfielders I ever saw play for Rangers. He was sublime for us in the early nineties under Francis. Holloway did do a lot of the dirty work, but that's the idea in a balanced team
Granero , the new Ray W@nkins? on 19:27 - Jan 5 with 5286 viewsToast_R

Granero , the new Ray W@nkins? on 19:18 - Jan 5 by Lofthope

maybe, but not as finished as Wilkins was though.

I will never forgive Wilkins for what he did to my club.

Whether or not Wilkins was good before he came back (we can argue about whether Holloway's work rate masked Wilkins lack of movement) he was absolutely selfish in picking himself and it contributed to our relegation. He put self interest before the club. Never to be forgiven.

Besides, you don't have to listen to Wilkins speaking for too long before sussing out that, for all that eloquence, there's not much of a brain there.

I think it was more to do with the sale of Les and his bad use of the transfer budget a la Hateley and the egg man that had more to do with it.

Granero , the new Ray W@nkins? on 19:27 - Jan 5 with 5282 viewsqpr85

You really are joking?

You've got to be a WUM. Granero was quality when he played for Madrid if it wasn't for Alonso and them getting easier he would be playing for them still.
He will come good, if anything he hasn't settled in England yet. Either that or he doesn't wanna play for a team in a relegation scrap. He's a class player with bags of potential and doesn't need a moron comparing him to Ray Wilkinss 2nd run with us

Granero , the new Ray W@nkins? on 19:27 - Jan 5 with 5281 viewsLofthope

Granero , the new Ray W@nkins? on 19:22 - Jan 5 by 18StoneOfHoop

Exactly my point, whatever our differing opinions in wilkins earlier years, he made sure there was little competition in order to justify picking himself. Hodge was looking better than Wilkins in the season before relegation, so Mr Self-Interst made sure Hodge wasn't in the running.

Wilkins will never be forgiven.
Granero , the new Ray W@nkins? on 19:28 - Jan 5 with 5271 viewsGloryHunter

Granero , the new Ray W@nkins? on 19:01 - Jan 5 by ThGrimRanger

Wilkins was an amazing player for QPR in the early 90s. Unfortunately this was tarnished by his disasterous management spell soon afterwards.

I just don't get Granero. It's like playing with 10 men.

What do you make of Steven Gerrard, then? Strolls around the centre circle, receives the ball, one or two touches, and passes it to a player wearing the same colour socks. 84 passes in their demolition of us. Does that mean Liverpool are playing with 10 men?
Granero , the new Ray W@nkins? on 19:32 - Jan 5 with 5244 viewsLofthope

Granero , the new Ray W@nkins? on 19:28 - Jan 5 by GloryHunter

What do you make of Steven Gerrard, then? Strolls around the centre circle, receives the ball, one or two touches, and passes it to a player wearing the same colour socks. 84 passes in their demolition of us. Does that mean Liverpool are playing with 10 men?

It depends what you do with the 84 passes and whether the rest of the team are playing a system that works around it. Cold statistics rarely tell the whole story.

Ray Wilkins in 96 was playing for Ray Wilkins, not QPR.
Granero , the new Ray W@nkins? on 19:49 - Jan 5 with 5168 viewssmegma

Yeah that Ray Wilkins did nothing in hoops didn't he ?
Granero , the new Ray W@nkins? on 19:59 - Jan 5 with 5106 viewsgobbles

Wilkins was fantastic for us. You might not remember the QPR fans demanding he go to Euro 92 when he was 35. When we went down, he was trying to play in the Premier League at nearly 40.
Granero , the new Ray W@nkins? on 20:04 - Jan 5 with 5072 viewsOakR

Granero , the new Ray W@nkins? on 18:51 - Jan 5 by BAWHoops

+1 - Crap manager, great player. Sitting in the upper loft watching his passing was amazing. If Granero gets near his level I'll be delighted.

Poll: Will we stay up?

Granero , the new Ray W@nkins? on 20:15 - Jan 5 with 5039 viewssexton

Granero , the new Ray W@nkins? on 19:59 - Jan 5 by gobbles

Wilkins was fantastic for us. You might not remember the QPR fans demanding he go to Euro 92 when he was 35. When we went down, he was trying to play in the Premier League at nearly 40.

And he should have gone to Euro 92 - he was, as gobbles says, fantastic.

Unfortunately the England manager at the time was Graham Taylor.
Granero , the new Ray W@nkins? on 20:19 - Jan 5 with 5003 viewspomanjou

I warned when he arrived than Granero had a reputation in Spain as a short/square/backwards passer who didnt do incisive. It has come to pass.

Currently residing in Pinner, Centre of the Universe.
Poll: we have a timetable for Brexit, should there be a referendum for the English

Granero , the new Ray W@nkins? on 20:23 - Jan 5 with 4987 viewssmegma

You really are joking?

You are talking bollocks I'm afraid.Hodge joined in the 94-95 season and played 16 games.Wilkins played a grand total of 1 !!!! He rejoined us from Palace but had a broken toe if I remember rightly.
Granero , the new Ray W@nkins? on 20:24 - Jan 5 with 4982 viewsloftboy

Wilkins was a great signing for us, the couple of games he an Peter Reid played together was world class.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Granero , the new Ray W@nkins? on 20:24 - Jan 5 with 4983 viewsLblock

There was a big clamour for him to get back in the England team

However I do agree by being player manager he prolonged his own playing career
To the detriment of the memories of the past

Will never understand signing Simin Osbourne for £1.3M and then NEVER playing him as it meant dropping himself

Mixed feelings from me

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024