Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Thatcher dead 12:56 - Apr 8 with 82393 viewssix_foot_two

Skynews are are saying Magaret Thatcher has died of a stroke
Thatcher dead on 10:02 - Apr 9 with 2322 viewsdoogi55

Thatcher dead on 00:11 - Apr 9 by HollowayRanger

DIDNT DO BAD for a shop keepers daughter

im so called working class and on £20,000 a year after 25 years working so im never going to be rich

except I AM!

THANKS TO HER! and right to buy bought my council flat for £78,000 minus the £50,000 rebate == i paid £28,000 and its now worth £400,000 plus

so thanks maggie RIP

Oh and i never liked school milk so that was no loss and given a choice of thatcher or that tramp foot i knew we made the right choice!

i would have done the same if i was in your postion at the time .the problem is they never reinvested the money in building more homes so now if you have kids they will have a hard time getting a home. short term policys with no eye on the future thatcher was not that good a pm.
Thatcher dead on 10:03 - Apr 9 with 2318 viewsToast_R

When will this endeavor end?

Can't believe people are still arguing about sh*t that went down over a quarter of a century ago?

What next, the pros and cons of the Triple Entente?

This is fundamentally what is wrong with the world today, people cant let go of their petty differences and bury the past and look for something positive.
Thatcher dead on 10:06 - Apr 9 with 2312 viewsTheBlob

Funny how coal seems to fuel (no pun intended)a lot of this bile.Politicised and romanticised to the hilt.Even the BBC have done an about face with their new politicking and refer to coal as "that filthy cargo".From heroes to zeroes hey?

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Thatcher dead on 10:06 - Apr 9 with 2311 viewsQPR_John

Loved the comment from George Galloway, you can always rely on him. He says Thatcher can rot in hellfire for her comments about Mandela being a terrorist and all this without a hint of irony from the man who heaped praise on Saddam Hussein. Just love the hypocrisy
Thatcher dead on 10:11 - Apr 9 with 2299 viewsTGRRRSSS

Thatcher dead on 09:42 - Apr 9 by finney

Funny how when you say anything about thatcher and housing people blame immigration i still say if was about market demand and it was Thatcher who let the banks free to start the greed is good mindset when it all came down around us Labour was in power and i hated Blair but her Government started that mess a long time before Brown and Blair carried it on.

Fact is the greed is good would always have victims and it is also odd that the price people paid for buying their homes was the quick rich move and now their kids and Grandchildren have no chance of a home.

The morr you let in to any place the fuller it becomes surely?
Can this country cope with another 2million arriving on it's doorstep, they need schoolplaces, houses, doctors etc etc.

All this has to be paid for.
We do need to build more homes, so what did they do, built loads of tiny flats in places that were not really needed. Houses need to be built and probably alot of it on land thats currently countryside.
Brown went ona spending spree like no other we're currently 120 billion in the red and rising, we had some "good timnes" when they started spending, now hard times have hit nothing is in the pot for the rainy day. Everyone is suffering now.
Thatcher dead on 10:12 - Apr 9 with 2292 viewsTGRRRSSS

Thatcher dead on 10:06 - Apr 9 by QPR_John

Loved the comment from George Galloway, you can always rely on him. He says Thatcher can rot in hellfire for her comments about Mandela being a terrorist and all this without a hint of irony from the man who heaped praise on Saddam Hussein. Just love the hypocrisy

Sure he'll be joining her soon enough.
Thatcher dead on 11:06 - Apr 9 with 2257 viewsSuffolkHoop

Thatcher dead on 10:06 - Apr 9 by QPR_John

He's the political equivalent of Frankie Boyle, just a callous opportunist who says the most controversial thing for maximum publicity. Doesn't have a shred of decency about him.
Thatcher dead on 11:07 - Apr 9 with 2255 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Today's Gaurdian mentioned in passing that Britain had been contemplating, if not actually negotiating, the sale or lease of the Falklands to Argentina not long before the war. I've never heard this before, does anyone know if there's anything to it?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Login to get fewer ads

Thatcher dead on 11:09 - Apr 9 with 2251 viewsSuffolkHoop

Whether that is true or not is water under the bridge seen as Thatcher went to war to defend them soon after, isn't it?
Thatcher dead on 11:11 - Apr 9 with 2248 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Thatcher dead on 11:09 - Apr 9 by SuffolkHoop

Whether that is true or not is water under the bridge seen as Thatcher went to war to defend them soon after, isn't it?

Just curious, it's a war I know little about. All history is water under the bridge, but it's still interesting.

Thatcher dead on 11:14 - Apr 9 with 2242 viewsWatfordR

Thatcher dead on 13:48 - Apr 8 by BrianMcCarthy

Burn, baby, burn.

Spookily,I was listening to the "Spike" CD that this is taken from yesterday for the first time in probably 10 years, and was idly wondering how much longer EC would have to wait to get the opportunity. As the track ended, I received a text to tell me the good news.

Delighted the malevolent bitch is finally going to burn.
Thatcher dead on 11:14 - Apr 9 with 2242 viewsSuffolkHoop

Thatcher dead on 11:11 - Apr 9 by BrianMcCarthy

Just curious, it's a war I know little about. All history is water under the bridge, but it's still interesting.

Fair comment. At a time like this I'd be wary of the Guardian, or any newspaper be them right or left for that matter. Thatcher was such a divisive politician that you're unlikely to get a balanced view from any newspaper blog, and anything they publish will just be more trumping up of their own long established opinion of her and her politics.
Thatcher dead on 11:18 - Apr 9 with 2230 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Thatcher dead on 11:14 - Apr 9 by SuffolkHoop

Fair comment. At a time like this I'd be wary of the Guardian, or any newspaper be them right or left for that matter. Thatcher was such a divisive politician that you're unlikely to get a balanced view from any newspaper blog, and anything they publish will just be more trumping up of their own long established opinion of her and her politics.

Me too. I skipped over a lot of the opinion pieces, though I was surprised to see just how many Tories they interviewed. The Falklands piece was interesting, though.

Thatcher dead on 11:42 - Apr 9 with 2194 viewsElHoop

Thatcher dead on 11:07 - Apr 9 by BrianMcCarthy

Today's Gaurdian mentioned in passing that Britain had been contemplating, if not actually negotiating, the sale or lease of the Falklands to Argentina not long before the war. I've never heard this before, does anyone know if there's anything to it?

I doubt that the Falklanders would have put up with that, but there was definitely a lot of opposition to withdrawing the Endurance, by Carrington in particular:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2011/dec/30/thatcher-warned-defence-cuts-falklands
Thatcher dead on 11:48 - Apr 9 with 2184 viewsTheBlob

I'd imagine Thatch will have a warship named after her.Maybe the new proposed carrier or one of the Type 26 Global Combat Ships.After all we had the Iron Duke,after another PM.

Thatcher dead on 11:52 - Apr 9 with 2178 viewsElHoop

Thatcher dead on 11:48 - Apr 9 by TheBlob

I'd imagine Thatch will have a warship named after her.Maybe the new proposed carrier or one of the Type 26 Global Combat Ships.After all we had the Iron Duke,after another PM.

Thatcher dead on 11:56 - Apr 9 with 2165 viewsTheBlob

Thatcher dead on 11:52 - Apr 9 by ElHoop

Just Googled HMS Margaret Thatcher and someone has already had the same idea...

http://www.arrse.co.uk/naafi-bar/55953-name-royal-navy-ship-after-margaret-thatc

Thatcher dead on 12:07 - Apr 9 with 2141 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Designed for sail converted to steam.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Thatcher dead on 12:07 - Apr 9 with 2139 viewsHayesender

Thatcher dead on 09:29 - Apr 9 by finney

hate to pick holes in that but the Guardian supported the Lib Dems in the last election.
Anyway i am one of them left wing cxxts i guess

Nah you're alright Paul. You have your views, others have theirs, but at least you respect others views and don't go around burning effigies or throwing bottles at police because some old woman is dead.

I'm no fan of any politician, but come on. Celebrating on the streets ffs!!!

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Thatcher dead on 12:56 - Apr 9 with 2098 viewsWarfieldHoop

I made it through a few pages but this is all in extremely bad taste. Just because you disagree with someone's politics doesn't justify the amount of vile bitterness that's coming out. They don't come much worse than G Brown but I certainly won't revel in his death when the time comes nor wish it upon him.

.............and winning three consecutive elections speaks for itself, imo.
Thatcher dead on 13:06 - Apr 9 with 2078 viewssimmo

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Thatcher dead on 13:09 - Apr 9 with 2073 viewswestolian

Thatcher dead on 12:56 - Apr 9 by WarfieldHoop

I made it through a few pages but this is all in extremely bad taste. Just because you disagree with someone's politics doesn't justify the amount of vile bitterness that's coming out. They don't come much worse than G Brown but I certainly won't revel in his death when the time comes nor wish it upon him.

.............and winning three consecutive elections speaks for itself, imo.

and to cap it all, the news are reporting that fully grown adults have taken time off work to beat up Police Officers in the name of an 87 yr old woman - this is 2013 isn't it ?

Or is it the unemployed miners still ?

Or is it another conspiracy ?

Pondlife

I've found a team sheet for the weekend - anyone interested ?

Thatcher dead on 13:23 - Apr 9 with 2044 viewsHayesender

Thatcher dead on 13:09 - Apr 9 by westolian

and to cap it all, the news are reporting that fully grown adults have taken time off work to beat up Police Officers in the name of an 87 yr old woman - this is 2013 isn't it ?

Or is it the unemployed miners still ?

Or is it another conspiracy ?

Pondlife

Work?

These cnts don't work

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Thatcher dead on 13:26 - Apr 9 with 2039 viewsbob566

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2013/04/08/morrissey-thatcher-was-a-terror
Thatcher dead on 13:40 - Apr 9 with 2019 viewsWarfieldHoop

Thatcher dead on 13:23 - Apr 9 by Hayesender

Work?

These cnts don't work

Just a wild stab in the dark but I think it's fair to assume that most of them are the same bunch of no hopers who turn out at every chance they get to swig cheap lager whilst having a ruck for reasons that most of them don't even know.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024