Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Thatcher dead 12:56 - Apr 8 with 81316 viewssix_foot_two

Skynews are are saying Magaret Thatcher has died of a stroke
Thatcher dead on 18:09 - Apr 13 with 1645 viewsShotKneesHoop

Thatcher dead on 18:05 - Apr 13 by isawqpratwcity

Thatcher's wars were bad and worse. Blair's were awful and unforgiveable.

Doesn't stop her from being the worst PM in living memory.

Thatcher's terms were bad and worse. Both of Blair's terms were awful and unforgiveable.

QED - he was marginally the grimmest and the one who caused greater damage to the country. We'll be paying for what he did in 50 years time.

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

Thatcher dead on 18:17 - Apr 13 with 1635 viewsisawqpratwcity

Thatcher dead on 18:09 - Apr 13 by ShotKneesHoop

Thatcher's terms were bad and worse. Both of Blair's terms were awful and unforgiveable.

QED - he was marginally the grimmest and the one who caused greater damage to the country. We'll be paying for what he did in 50 years time.

Sorry, he was nowhere near 'marginally' the worst, MT was just awful. Blair was bad, and Iraq was criminally culpable, but nowhere near as bad as MT.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Thatcher dead on 18:24 - Apr 13 with 1630 viewsSpiritofGregory

Thatcher dead on 18:05 - Apr 13 by isawqpratwcity

Thatcher's wars were bad and worse. Blair's were awful and unforgiveable.

Doesn't stop her from being the worst PM in living memory.

Maggie's wars were worse??

Blair went ahead with a war that hundreds of thousands marched against.

The weasel lied to the UN about weapons of mass distruction

He wasted billions of pounds of tax payers money on an illegal war that no one wanted.

He is responsible for the deaths and maiming of thousands of civilians in Iraq.

He is responsible for the deaths and maiming of British troops.

He has brought increased terrorist activity to the UK.

He also had the audacity to be peace envoy to the Middle East!!
Thatcher dead on 18:26 - Apr 13 with 1629 viewsisawqpratwcity

Thatcher dead on 18:24 - Apr 13 by SpiritofGregory

He wasted billions of pounds of tax payers money on an illegal war that no one wanted.

Agreed.

Thatcher dead on 18:30 - Apr 13 with 1621 viewsisawqpratwcity

Iraq was unforgivable.

Thatcher dead on 18:32 - Apr 13 with 1617 viewsCliff

Thatcher dead on 18:01 - Apr 13 by loftboy

I just hope the farkers partying in trafalger square get a good kick in tonight, particularly any Kunt that wasn't even born whilst she was PM

Another hypocrite who would normally demand that violent offenders should be locked up and the key thrown away, and now advocating the beating up of party goers.
Thatcher dead on 18:35 - Apr 13 with 1614 viewsPommyhoop

Thatcher dead on 18:24 - Apr 13 by SpiritofGregory

Yep..
I'm not into dancing on peoples graves but if i manage to outlive this odious slug I might do a little shuffle.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Thatcher dead on 18:37 - Apr 13 with 1611 viewsisawqpratwcity

But what she did to Britain was just awful. Can I judge Blair as being less culpable than Thatcher's economic devastation? Yes, but it may be only on the basis that Bush was primarily responsible. Two leaders on how to f*ck a country.

Login to get fewer ads

Thatcher dead on 18:41 - Apr 13 with 1606 viewsTacticalR

On the war thing...I think the polemics about Thatcher and Blair are taking us in the wrong direction. The point is that Britain is always at war.

Labour supported the Tories over the Falklands.

The Tories supported Labour over Iraq and Afghanistan.

Thatcher lied on TV about the position of the Belgrano.

Perhaps the real question is what is it about our political system that makes men and women liars?

Air hostess clique

Thatcher dead on 18:48 - Apr 13 with 1591 viewsdanehoop

Thatcher dead on 18:41 - Apr 13 by TacticalR

On the war thing...I think the polemics about Thatcher and Blair are taking us in the wrong direction. The point is that Britain is always at war.

Perhaps the real question is what is it about our political system that makes men and women liars?

Surely that is the nature of all political systems?

Never knowingly understood

Thatcher dead on 18:49 - Apr 13 with 1587 viewsCliff

Agreed I think both Thatcher and Blair, and come to think of it those in between and since would all have sent the troops in to all of the wars.

The only think that separates them on this particular issue, is the timing of the wars. If you swapped the dates when the issues occurred, we'd have still been in the wars.
Thatcher dead on 18:53 - Apr 13 with 1583 viewsisawqpratwcity

Thatcher dead on 18:49 - Apr 13 by Cliff

Agreed I think both Thatcher and Blair, and come to think of it those in between and since would all have sent the troops in to all of the wars.

The only think that separates them on this particular issue, is the timing of the wars. If you swapped the dates when the issues occurred, we'd have still been in the wars.

???

Thatcher dead on 19:01 - Apr 13 with 1570 viewsNW5Hoop

Thatcher dead on 14:12 - Apr 13 by TheBlob

Eh?Starting WW2 to deplete Britain?So where does Hitler and Japan come into it?

That's my point. You're the one who said the US undermined the British Empire. Given that the second world war was one of the main drivers in that, I was asking you if you truly believed America was responsible for that.
Thatcher dead on 19:09 - Apr 13 with 1559 viewsisawqpratwcity

Thatcher dead on 19:01 - Apr 13 by NW5Hoop

That's my point. You're the one who said the US undermined the British Empire. Given that the second world war was one of the main drivers in that, I was asking you if you truly believed America was responsible for that.

Besides the other issue that we are likely relegated, can we please keep this thread to the subject of how awful (or very, very slightly less awful) Maggie Thatcher was?

Thatcher dead on 19:16 - Apr 13 with 1554 viewsPommyhoop

Thatcher dead on 18:49 - Apr 13 by Cliff

I disagree .I recon Blaire would've sent us into Vietnam and I think he wouldve caved in to U.S pressure and relinquished the Falklands.
The geezas a Kunt.!

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Thatcher dead on 19:22 - Apr 13 with 1538 viewswaveydave

I don't have the time nor inclination to read this whole thread, but can someone quickly summarise the pros and cons of her policies ect
Thatcher dead on 19:30 - Apr 13 with 1534 viewsTacticalR

Thatcher dead on 19:22 - Apr 13 by waveydave

I don't have the time nor inclination to read this whole thread, but can someone quickly summarise the pros and cons of her policies ect

I think there are different schools of thought about that

Air hostess clique

Thatcher dead on 19:30 - Apr 13 with 1533 viewsShotKneesHoop

Thatcher dead on 19:22 - Apr 13 by waveydave

Summary : - If Dave Sutch and his Monster Raving Looney Party had been in power, we would not be in the shyte that the Tories and New Labour have left us in.

That's why I keep voting for him at local and national elections.

And the fact that he lived (and died) in the next road to me.

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

Thatcher dead on 21:56 - Apr 13 with 1491 viewsQPR_John

"Thatcher lied on TV about the position of the Belgrano. "

War time situation and Prime Minister does not tell the truth about enemy positions on TV. Whatever next
Thatcher dead on 22:17 - Apr 13 with 1474 viewsbrewers_hoop

Thatcher dead on 19:30 - Apr 13 by ShotKneesHoop

Summary : - If Dave Sutch and his Monster Raving Looney Party had been in power, we would not be in the shyte that the Tories and New Labour have left us in.

That's why I keep voting for him at local and national elections.

And the fact that he lived (and died) in the next road to me.

My old man was mates with Sutch, both lived in Parkfield Road which I'm guessing is the street you're talking about?
Thatcher dead on 23:04 - Apr 13 with 1458 viewsShotKneesHoop

Thatcher dead on 22:17 - Apr 13 by brewers_hoop

My old man was mates with Sutch, both lived in Parkfield Road which I'm guessing is the street you're talking about?

Elementary, my dear Brewers dr Hoop. Spot on, in fact.

Parkfield Road was the next road over to us; we were in Eastcote Road.

I'm due to vote for Sutch in two weeks time in the local elections up here. That should confuse the shyte out of the six fingered counters.

I always put a line through the rest of the candidates, and write "Where's Dave Sutch when you need him?' on the bottom of the voting slip.

Thatcher dead on 23:29 - Apr 13 with 1447 viewsCliff

Thatcher dead on 19:16 - Apr 13 by Pommyhoop

I disagree .I recon Blaire would've sent us into Vietnam and I think he wouldve caved in to U.S pressure and relinquished the Falklands.
The geezas a Kunt.!

nah! he's a warmonger, he'd have gone in.
Thatcher dead on 01:19 - Apr 14 with 1418 viewsRangersAreBack

Thatcher dead on 18:37 - Apr 13 by isawqpratwcity

But what she did to Britain was just awful. Can I judge Blair as being less culpable than Thatcher's economic devastation? Yes, but it may be only on the basis that Bush was primarily responsible. Two leaders on how to f*ck a country.

Thatcher's economic devastation? She took charge of a country on its knees and within a decade transformed it into an economic power. Blair enjoyed the fruits of her labour, spending every last penny before handing the reins to Brown.
Thatcher dead on 01:49 - Apr 14 with 1412 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Both the Captain of the Belgrano and the Argentine govt. Have said it was legit to sink it in times of war.

Why do people keep carrying on about it?

Don't give me that,"well lots of people lost their lives..bollox"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Convoy_PQ_17

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Thatcher dead on 02:09 - Apr 14 with 1401 viewsCliff

Thatcher dead on 01:19 - Apr 14 by RangersAreBack

Thatcher's economic devastation? She took charge of a country on its knees and within a decade transformed it into an economic power. Blair enjoyed the fruits of her labour, spending every last penny before handing the reins to Brown.

Yes Thatchers economic devastation. The rich may well have got richer, but unemployment double to 3 million, more people were pushed into poverty and inequality increased.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024