Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Thatcher dead 12:56 - Apr 8 with 82665 viewssix_foot_two

Skynews are are saying Magaret Thatcher has died of a stroke
Thatcher dead on 14:54 - Apr 8 with 2247 viewsClive_Anderson

Thatcher dead on 14:49 - Apr 8 by MkPaul

But most of the public services were losing money and costing us a fortune to support

The privitisations were a mixed bag really. No one really thinks that BT should be publically owned anymore (used to take 6 months for a phone line in those days) and for all the complaints about the railways they have had a fortune invested in them since privitisation and the number of rail passengers are now double that of when they were publically owned.

But the energy companies have an effective monopoly due to the difficulty in private companies creating alternative competition which has resulted in rising energy bills. It was a mistake to sell them off without taking this into account.
Thatcher dead on 14:54 - Apr 8 with 2243 viewsElHoop

Thatcher dead on 14:53 - Apr 8 by finney

i am telling you people will take issue with each other over her death as in life i don't mean people will be shooting each other but tempers will be tested.
For the record there have been many riots outside Norn Iron

Nobody cares enough Finney. The lefties might have their party, but they'll have nobody to fight. Everybody else has enough on their plate.
Thatcher dead on 14:54 - Apr 8 with 2243 viewsRangersw12

The working class of this country can now rejoice
Thatcher dead on 14:55 - Apr 8 with 2241 viewsfinney

Thatcher dead on 14:52 - Apr 8 by ElHoop

Sorry - you've lost me Finney. Are rock bands a reason to 'kick off' over there then?

Er no they are from Northern Ireland a country that only kicks off according to you
Thatcher dead on 14:56 - Apr 8 with 2225 viewsElHoop

Thatcher dead on 14:55 - Apr 8 by finney

Er no they are from Northern Ireland a country that only kicks off according to you

They certainly made a fair fist of kicking off in the 1970's and 1980's, when Thatcher was one of the few who fancied risking a bomb up her arse.
Thatcher dead on 14:56 - Apr 8 with 2223 viewsMetallica_Hoop

"In her 2002 book, Statecraft, she suggested the European single currency was an attempt to create a "European super state" and would fail "economically, politically and socially"."

She was right.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Thatcher dead on 14:58 - Apr 8 with 2212 viewsfinney

Thatcher dead on 14:54 - Apr 8 by Clive_Anderson

The privitisations were a mixed bag really. No one really thinks that BT should be publically owned anymore (used to take 6 months for a phone line in those days) and for all the complaints about the railways they have had a fortune invested in them since privitisation and the number of rail passengers are now double that of when they were publically owned.

But the energy companies have an effective monopoly due to the difficulty in private companies creating alternative competition which has resulted in rising energy bills. It was a mistake to sell them off without taking this into account.

And by putting millions on the dole pushed up the welfare bill.
Go look at the prices we now pay to what we earn and back in them days as well.
We sold our selfs down the river and at the mercy of the rest of the world for goods we no longer make and we took a hammering for that insane act.

take a look at the footage from the miners strike and see how the police acted on her orders and how football fans were treated and the whole Hillsborough case lay at her feet,
Thatcher dead on 14:58 - Apr 8 with 2211 viewsstowmarketrange

Thatcher dead on 14:51 - Apr 8 by kingsburyR

Was a fan of Mrs T and approved of the way she dealt with the unions.

Better for it.

Someone died today, have a bit of respect for her family.

And how many people have died due to her vindictive policies?
How many working were thrown on the scrapheap because their jobs were expendable in the great plans she had for the country?
Where are the jobs for ordinary working people now?
You can either work in a call centre or a charity shop.
F--k her.let her rot in hell.
Login to get fewer ads

Thatcher dead on 14:59 - Apr 8 with 2205 viewsRangersDave

Thatcher dead on 14:24 - Apr 8 by Clive_Anderson

There was a way of getting the islands back without the use of military force? I really don't think so.

Actually one of the reasons that they won the war is that Thatcher bullied the French President at the time to hand over the codes to disable the French built exocet missiles they'd sold the Argentines. Can you imagine Cameron or Blair doing that?

Hmmmmmmmmmmm, Exocet missiles dont have that facility. they are a fire and forget 'stand off' missile fully autonomous once launched. If they lose lock they will hunt smartly for regain.

They can be shot down using C-WIZ and other missiles but that's it.

I think she did ok as a prime minister, however she outstayed her welcome a bit.
She crushed the miners who were too blinking stupid to realise that the only one on any money was Scargil so it didnt matter how long they were on strike for.

Half the mines closed due to the strike and the lack of maintenance carried out while they were all on a picket line. Mines need constant maintenance.

She was a very personable lady as well. I was lucky enough to be invited by her to No.10 in 1983 and it left a lasting impression on me how nice someone in power can be behind closed doors.

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Thatcher dead on 14:59 - Apr 8 with 2202 viewsQPR_Jim

Thatcher dead on 14:49 - Apr 8 by MkPaul

But most of the public services were losing money and costing us a fortune to support

Surely then the answer is to raise the prices of said services. IMO it came down to a simple choice raise prices by £x to cover investment to improve the services or sell off to a private company who will improve the service but at a cost of £x+40% to cover for their trouble.

In the end it's us who foot the bill.
Thatcher dead on 15:00 - Apr 8 with 2194 viewsfinney

Thatcher dead on 14:56 - Apr 8 by ElHoop

They certainly made a fair fist of kicking off in the 1970's and 1980's, when Thatcher was one of the few who fancied risking a bomb up her arse.

Thats not true she had many talks with them in private while we took the bullets and the bombs her aids were in talks when she said they were not.
Which allowed the IRA to mock her words with our blood
Thatcher dead on 15:00 - Apr 8 with 2189 viewsElHoop

Thatcher dead on 14:56 - Apr 8 by Metallica_Hoop

"In her 2002 book, Statecraft, she suggested the European single currency was an attempt to create a "European super state" and would fail "economically, politically and socially"."

She was right.

She was definitely right about that one and she was right all along.

She was also right about eastern europe needing help when they came out of Russia's grip but they never really got the help and they're still struggling. She was pretty good on foreigh policy but pretty shite at home in the main.
Thatcher dead on 15:02 - Apr 8 with 2179 viewsTGRRRSSS

I was fairly young when Thatcher left power, and am pretty sure some of her policies were not things I would like and yes there was some corrupt stuff going on during her era.
But the 70s under Labour wasn't this country going bankrupt??? Just like the last labour government has done once Brown got into it big tim.
Another funeral to celebrate.
Thatcher dead on 15:02 - Apr 8 with 2177 viewsfinney

Thatcher dead on 15:00 - Apr 8 by ElHoop

She was definitely right about that one and she was right all along.

She was also right about eastern europe needing help when they came out of Russia's grip but they never really got the help and they're still struggling. She was pretty good on foreigh policy but pretty shite at home in the main.

A broken clock is also right twice a day.
Thatcher dead on 15:04 - Apr 8 with 2163 viewsElHoop

Thatcher dead on 15:00 - Apr 8 by finney

Thats not true she had many talks with them in private while we took the bullets and the bombs her aids were in talks when she said they were not.
Which allowed the IRA to mock her words with our blood

Well it was a fecking mess over there and they brought it over here without there being any real hope of a satisfactory outcome at the time. Meanwhile there was all the miners/union shit going on over here. It was a crap time believe me.
Thatcher dead on 15:04 - Apr 8 with 2162 viewsRS44

Thatcher dead on 13:05 - Apr 8 by Juzzie

Amongst other things, created the house buying obsession that pushed prices up way beyond what they are actually worth. I don't see countries around the rest of Europe having the high property prices we do.

Also went into war in order to save her own politcial neck. As well as costing millions and millions, it killed loads of soldiers and to this day the relationship with Argentina hasn't fully healed when it was pretty much OK beforehand.

She won't be missed by me.

[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Behave you pr1ck.

Let me get this right then.... A British territory gets invaded, and she should have done what exactly??? Just sat back and done nothing?

I suppose she should have taken a leaf out of Tony Bliars book and invaded a country that had naff all to do with us solely to suck up to the septics and to help controll oil?

You are clearly one of 2 things. Very un-educated, or just a complete d1ck, and I'm going to opt for the latter.

You say about it killed loads of soldiers, but I can guarantee you here and now,the soldiers that were involved in the Falklands felt they were fighting for something they were trained to do. They were fighting to liberate a British territory and British people against a foreign invader. They did NOT go to their graves defending a country that had absolutely no connection with our country. A country that still does not want our troops there. A country that for whatever way you look at it, is still in no better shape.

Our boys that died in the Falkland died defending and liberating their own. They did not die because of Mr Bliar and Mr Bush's illegal invasion of a Independant nation.

You should hang your head in shame.
Thatcher dead on 15:04 - Apr 8 with 2159 viewssmegma

Thatcher dead on 14:50 - Apr 8 by ElHoop

I don't really know anybody on here in fact, but to suggest that there's going to be a ruck when Thatcher gets buried is a bit of a joke, if that's what Finney meant.

Like I said, I think he meant an argument not a fist fight. and the reason I asked if you know anything about him, hes from East Belfast originally which is ironic when you said 'this is Great Britain not Northern Ireland'. Hes probably hoping for the flowers contract though.(hes a florist )
Thatcher dead on 15:04 - Apr 8 with 2159 viewsstowmarketrange

Thatcher dead on 14:54 - Apr 8 by Clive_Anderson

And the fares have risen beyond any reasonable amount to cover the costs of the investment.And the passengers are still treated like cattle.
Thatcher dead on 15:05 - Apr 8 with 2150 viewsElHoop

Thatcher dead on 15:02 - Apr 8 by finney

A broken clock is also right twice a day.

There's nothing more broken than the clock of the Thatcher haters.

Will they ever work out how to wind it up and get it going again?
Thatcher dead on 15:05 - Apr 8 with 2146 viewsfinney

Thatcher dead on 15:04 - Apr 8 by ElHoop

Well it was a fecking mess over there and they brought it over here without there being any real hope of a satisfactory outcome at the time. Meanwhile there was all the miners/union shit going on over here. It was a crap time believe me.

I know i lived here and used to go and support the minners
Thatcher dead on 15:06 - Apr 8 with 2135 viewsAunt_Nelly

Thatcher dead on 15:08 - Apr 8 with 2117 viewsElHoop

Thatcher dead on 15:04 - Apr 8 by smegma

Like I said, I think he meant an argument not a fist fight. and the reason I asked if you know anything about him, hes from East Belfast originally which is ironic when you said 'this is Great Britain not Northern Ireland'. Hes probably hoping for the flowers contract though.(hes a florist )

He can have the flower contract for all I care, good luck to him. It's always been such an annoying place Northern Ireland. They're all so fecking British or Irish but neither country is anywhere like as mad as they are.

Thatcher dead on 15:08 - Apr 8 with 2118 viewsfinney

Thatcher dead on 15:05 - Apr 8 by ElHoop

There's nothing more broken than the clock of the Thatcher haters.

Will they ever work out how to wind it up and get it going again?

people should be free to debate her i do not think for one moment it will lead to riots fall outs maybe
Thatcher dead on 15:09 - Apr 8 with 2108 viewsfinney

Thatcher dead on 15:08 - Apr 8 by ElHoop

He can have the flower contract for all I care, good luck to him. It's always been such an annoying place Northern Ireland. They're all so fecking British or Irish but neither country is anywhere like as mad as they are.

Wow just woe that is just plan ignorant and beyond stupid
Thatcher dead on 15:09 - Apr 8 with 2105 viewsElHoop

Thatcher dead on 15:08 - Apr 8 by finney

people should be free to debate her i do not think for one moment it will lead to riots fall outs maybe

Well fine, we'll leave it at that. Maybe you could do clock repairs as well as flowers...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024