Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Thatcher dead 12:56 - Apr 8 with 82649 viewssix_foot_two

Skynews are are saying Magaret Thatcher has died of a stroke
Thatcher dead on 15:10 - Apr 8 with 2037 viewsfinney

Thatcher dead on 15:08 - Apr 8 by ElHoop

He can have the flower contract for all I care, good luck to him. It's always been such an annoying place Northern Ireland. They're all so fecking British or Irish but neither country is anywhere like as mad as they are.

Also you may find Northern Ireland is part of GB if you are in issue of that look at your passport
Thatcher dead on 15:12 - Apr 8 with 2022 viewsfinney

Thatcher dead on 15:09 - Apr 8 by ElHoop

Well fine, we'll leave it at that. Maybe you could do clock repairs as well as flowers...

You can not call a whole race of people stupid just because you do not understand what you are talking about hence the this is GB not Northern Ireland quote,
Which shows you have no idea what you are talking about on that issue.
Thatcher dead on 15:13 - Apr 8 with 2018 viewsfinney

Well fine, we'll leave it at that. Maybe you could do clock repairs as well as flowers...

Er ok .............anyone got a needle and thread my sides just went
Thatcher dead on 15:13 - Apr 8 with 2018 viewsfinney

Er ok .............anyone got a needle and thread my sides just went
Thatcher dead on 15:22 - Apr 8 with 1971 viewsElHoop

Thatcher dead on 15:10 - Apr 8 by finney

Also you may find Northern Ireland is part of GB if you are in issue of that look at your passport

I think that you are confusing the UK and GB Finney, but it's probably more important that you stitch your sides together at this point in time.
Thatcher dead on 15:24 - Apr 8 with 1957 viewsJuzzie

Thatcher dead on 15:04 - Apr 8 by RS44

Behave you pr1ck.

Let me get this right then.... A British territory gets invaded, and she should have done what exactly??? Just sat back and done nothing?

I suppose she should have taken a leaf out of Tony Bliars book and invaded a country that had naff all to do with us solely to suck up to the septics and to help controll oil?

You are clearly one of 2 things. Very un-educated, or just a complete d1ck, and I'm going to opt for the latter.

You say about it killed loads of soldiers, but I can guarantee you here and now,the soldiers that were involved in the Falklands felt they were fighting for something they were trained to do. They were fighting to liberate a British territory and British people against a foreign invader. They did NOT go to their graves defending a country that had absolutely no connection with our country. A country that still does not want our troops there. A country that for whatever way you look at it, is still in no better shape.

Our boys that died in the Falkland died defending and liberating their own. They did not die because of Mr Bliar and Mr Bush's illegal invasion of a Independant nation.

You should hang your head in shame.

Oi! Enough with the insults OK. I've given my opinions which I'm entitled too, right or wrong, in a reasonable manner. I've not resorted to insults and yet you accuse me of being uneducated, take a look in the mirror.

I grew up through her regime (I was 15 when the Falklands war started) so just about remember all the stuff about milk snatching, dustmens strike (rotten rubbish piling up everywhere), miners strike, Leyland strike, firemans strikes and the green godesses, power cuts etc etc.

Yet your response is completely military-based (by the way, I support "our boys" OK). Why bring a military angle into a politcal debate?

Let me guess, your served in the military, yes?

Where did I ever say the soliders were wrong. WHERE? They do a job unconditionally and I think what they do is magnificant under sometimes bizzare orders from politicians who have no military training whatsoever.
You say the soldiers were happy to do their job and defend the islands. If that's the case, I don't see the point of your rant.

You're the one who should hang your head in shame clearly jumping to conclusions that you have no basis on.

edit: when I said about the killing of soldiers, how do you know I was talking just about the British Armed forces? You just jumped to conclusions.

[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Thatcher dead on 15:27 - Apr 8 with 1939 viewsTacticalR

Much has been made of the irrational hatred against Thatcher. Perhaps it's been forgotten that those who got rid of her were those who knew her best.

Geoffrey Howe said in his resignation speech:
'The Prime Minister and I have shared something like 700 meetings of Cabinet or shadow Cabinet during the past 18 years, and some 400 hours alongside each other, at more than 30 international summit meetings.'

He'd probably spent more time with her than her husband.

Air hostess clique

Thatcher dead on 15:27 - Apr 8 with 1938 viewsfinney

Thatcher dead on 15:22 - Apr 8 by ElHoop

I think that you are confusing the UK and GB Finney, but it's probably more important that you stitch your sides together at this point in time.

well its GB and Northern Ireland which i see from that as one you may see it not like that
Login to get fewer ads

Thatcher dead on 15:29 - Apr 8 with 1921 viewsElHoop

Thatcher dead on 15:27 - Apr 8 by finney

well its GB and Northern Ireland which i see from that as one you may see it not like that

Why call it GB and Northern Ireland if it's all GB? GB & NI is the UK.

It's like arse and elbow, they're actually different.
Thatcher dead on 15:29 - Apr 8 with 1919 viewsfinney

Thatcher dead on 15:22 - Apr 8 by ElHoop

I am interested to know why you tar a whole country as stupid
Thatcher dead on 15:31 - Apr 8 with 1921 viewsElHoop

Thatcher dead on 15:29 - Apr 8 by finney

I am interested to know why you tar a whole country as stupid

I never said that. Far from stupid in most respects. That's the sad thing.
Thatcher dead on 15:31 - Apr 8 with 1917 viewshighlandbill

Thatcher dead on 15:04 - Apr 8 by RS44

Behave you pr1ck.

Let me get this right then.... A British territory gets invaded, and she should have done what exactly??? Just sat back and done nothing?

I suppose she should have taken a leaf out of Tony Bliars book and invaded a country that had naff all to do with us solely to suck up to the septics and to help controll oil?

You are clearly one of 2 things. Very un-educated, or just a complete d1ck, and I'm going to opt for the latter.

You say about it killed loads of soldiers, but I can guarantee you here and now,the soldiers that were involved in the Falklands felt they were fighting for something they were trained to do. They were fighting to liberate a British territory and British people against a foreign invader. They did NOT go to their graves defending a country that had absolutely no connection with our country. A country that still does not want our troops there. A country that for whatever way you look at it, is still in no better shape.

Our boys that died in the Falkland died defending and liberating their own. They did not die because of Mr Bliar and Mr Bush's illegal invasion of a Independant nation.

You should hang your head in shame.

Oh Dear. Our Boys bollocks! Are you related to Ghengis?

At my age I should not be doing this!

Thatcher dead on 15:32 - Apr 8 with 1905 viewsBedford_R

Thatcher dead on 14:58 - Apr 8 by stowmarketrange

And how many people have died due to her vindictive policies?
How many working were thrown on the scrapheap because their jobs were expendable in the great plans she had for the country?
Where are the jobs for ordinary working people now?
You can either work in a call centre or a charity shop.
F--k her.let her rot in hell.

+1

RMH_R Reborn

Thatcher dead on 15:32 - Apr 8 with 1905 viewsDieByYourSide

This board is really right wing.

Poll: And it's hi ho

Thatcher dead on 15:33 - Apr 8 with 1899 viewsfinney

Thatcher dead on 15:29 - Apr 8 by ElHoop

Why call it GB and Northern Ireland if it's all GB? GB & NI is the UK.

It's like arse and elbow, they're actually different.

it is spitting hairs if you ask me when they called the PM the PM of GB they still had power over Norn Iron without inc NI with the GB tag back in the day.
Thatcher dead on 15:34 - Apr 8 with 1887 viewsfinney

Thatcher dead on 15:31 - Apr 8 by ElHoop

well that is the inference i got have you met everyone from NI to think they are indeed mad?
Thatcher dead on 15:34 - Apr 8 with 1881 viewssmegma

Thatcher dead on 14:47 - Apr 8 by Aunt_Nelly

"When the IRA were regularly bombing London she didn't make hundreds of ludicrous anti-terror laws even when they tried to blow her up as well. She just stood up and said that we're not going to let them win and carried on with business as usual. Imagine what Blair would have done in that situation."
-------------------------------------------

Talking tough about standing firm to the IRA when really she was involved in secret negotiations with them. No wonder they took the piss and at every opportunity tried to blow us up.

I have no love for Blair but it was his lot who secured peace with the IRA

Peace talks with the IRA began under John Majors Government though. There was the infamous quote from him of 'the thought of talking to the IRA makes my skin crawl'. Then 3 months or so down the line it was leaked that indeed the govt was in fact in direct talks with IRA/Sinn Fein.

Anyone know of a good clock mender ?
Thatcher dead on 15:35 - Apr 8 with 1874 viewsClive_Anderson

Thatcher dead on 15:27 - Apr 8 by TacticalR

Much has been made of the irrational hatred against Thatcher. Perhaps it's been forgotten that those who got rid of her were those who knew her best.

Geoffrey Howe said in his resignation speech:
'The Prime Minister and I have shared something like 700 meetings of Cabinet or shadow Cabinet during the past 18 years, and some 400 hours alongside each other, at more than 30 international summit meetings.'

He'd probably spent more time with her than her husband.

There's nothing wrong with reasonable criticism, but a lot of the hatred is completely irrational bordering on a bit of a fetish. Some bloke I know was trying to convince me in all seriousness that the inflation of the 70s was caused by Thatcher even before she came to power.

Howe wanted to join the Euro so that's why he resigned and brought her down. History has shown him to be completely wrong on the issue.
Thatcher dead on 15:35 - Apr 8 with 1870 viewsthame_hoops

I think this is now my favourite thread ever. Actually, Maybe 2nd to the brizzle POP thread
Thatcher dead on 15:37 - Apr 8 with 1857 viewskarlski

We can never know the answer, but it's worth asking the question what state this country would have been in then, and now, if she hadn't come to power...

People mention growing up with her and remembering rubbish piled high, strikes and so on - you think those things would have gone away under a different leader?

I'd place myself centre left these days but you have to recognise what she did at the time she did it was for the long-term benefit of the country as a whole (while also recognising the harm this would do to certain communities - there's no denying a lot of people have a genuine reason to hate her). The way things went subsequently under the inept leadership of both left and right has not a lot to do with her...

It's a debate with two very well defined sides and no right answers I think, just opinions.

First female Prime Minister and a memorable one at that - aside from everything else, that is a remarkable achievement and should be the focal point at least for a few days as her family mourns.
Thatcher dead on 15:37 - Apr 8 with 1855 viewsfinney

Thatcher dead on 15:34 - Apr 8 by smegma

Peace talks with the IRA began under John Majors Government though. There was the infamous quote from him of 'the thought of talking to the IRA makes my skin crawl'. Then 3 months or so down the line it was leaked that indeed the govt was in fact in direct talks with IRA/Sinn Fein.

Thatcher sent her people over many times to talk to the IRA and even at the height of the Hunger strikes as well.
It was in the TV program's the troubles which also showed many things that made all our flesh crawl.
Odd thing and most stupid was the words of Adams via an actor never got that one
Thatcher dead on 15:39 - Apr 8 with 1840 viewsTacticalR

Thatcher dead on 15:34 - Apr 8 by smegma

Margaret Thatcher gave her personal approval to secret talks between government officials and the IRA leadership in 1990, setting in a train a dialogue which led to the Northern Ireland peace process which she now regularly denounces.
In one of her final acts before she was deposed as prime minister, Lady Thatcher allowed her Northern Ireland secretary, Peter Brooke, to talk to republicans through a secret "back channel" after MI5 advised the government that the IRA was looking at ways of ending its terrorist campaign.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/1999/oct/16/northernireland.thatcher

Air hostess clique

Thatcher dead on 15:41 - Apr 8 with 1820 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Thatcher dead on 15:31 - Apr 8 by ElHoop

El, you said the place was annoying and the people were mad, which is fairly insulting in my opinion.

Northern Ireland's problems stem from the British Government's mismanagement and abandonment, from the forced plantations which created social, religious and cultural imbalance and inequality up until fairly recently when they declared that the North was finally free to decide its own destiny.

Abandoned as they were, the people of the North had many problems and have done remarkably well to solve as many as they have and to put themselves on a path towards sustained peace.

Like many others I don't believe that the North is part of either GB or the UK, but a part of Ireland. But if that doesn't happen in my lifetime I will still be full of admiration for its people that they succeeded in bringing peace and reconciliation while those that pretended to rule or represent them abandoned them.

Maith sibh, Finney boy.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Thatcher dead on 15:42 - Apr 8 with 1816 viewsted_hendrix

Thatcher dead on 13:33 - Apr 8 by NorthLondonR

I read this as Thatcher died as a result of a strike....

LOFL, That´s the funniest thing I´ve read in yonks.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Thatcher dead on 15:42 - Apr 8 with 1809 viewsstowmarketrange

Thatcher dead on 15:39 - Apr 8 by TacticalR

Margaret Thatcher gave her personal approval to secret talks between government officials and the IRA leadership in 1990, setting in a train a dialogue which led to the Northern Ireland peace process which she now regularly denounces.
In one of her final acts before she was deposed as prime minister, Lady Thatcher allowed her Northern Ireland secretary, Peter Brooke, to talk to republicans through a secret "back channel" after MI5 advised the government that the IRA was looking at ways of ending its terrorist campaign.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/1999/oct/16/northernireland.thatcher

Surely not a U-turn by the lady who is not for turning.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024