Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tom Carroll 11:35 - Nov 26 with 2583 viewsjeffranger

Is back from injury do you think he will make a difference to our attacking options if he starts saturday? he started to look good before his injury.
Tom Carroll on 11:48 - Nov 26 with 2566 viewsqprwpg

Yes, but starts on the subs bench and then gets thrown in for the last 10 mins or so. Good news though!

Twitter: @qprwpg

Tom Carroll on 11:53 - Nov 26 with 2552 viewsdaveB

I don't think he'll change that much really
Tom Carroll on 12:12 - Nov 26 with 2507 viewsQPR442

I thought he was a good engine in the team (after a bit of a poor start) and we started letting in goals once he got injured.
I say welcome back!
Tom Carroll on 12:15 - Nov 26 with 2495 viewsRedbourneR

I thought we ticked over nicely once he settled down into the team and we missed him when he was injured, I hope it doesn't take him long to get back into his stride, he was decent.
Tom Carroll on 13:19 - Nov 26 with 2393 viewsKendo_Nagasaki

Hopefully replaces jenas permenantly.

Psycho killer Qu'est-ce que c'est?

Tom Carroll on 13:49 - Nov 26 with 2329 viewsderbyhoop

A midfield of a barely fit Phillips, Henry, Barton, O'Neill and an overweight Krancjar did not look well balanced to me.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Tom Carroll on 13:55 - Nov 26 with 2315 viewsBlackCrowe

If he gets back the form he showed before getting injured then he's key to our season's progression at the expense of Jenas or Henry.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Tom Carroll on 14:21 - Nov 26 with 2264 viewsLblock

Hopefully he wont be playing as a third centre back at the home games when he returns?

It's great the English game is trying to develop a more technical edge but players like Tommy Boy picking the ball up from Clint Hill 5 yards from the D isnt really that progressive in my eyes.

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Login to get fewer ads

Tom Carroll on 15:07 - Nov 26 with 2199 viewsAntti_Heinola

It was starting to work as a 4-1-4-1 (a formation which has seen us get clumped in the past, admittedly). But that was with Faurlin playing further up.
I think he'll make a difference - his passing is more progressive than Henry's or O'Neil's. Good player and will get better the more he plays.

Bare bones.

Tom Carroll on 15:11 - Nov 26 with 2195 viewsrsonist

Tom Carroll on 14:21 - Nov 26 by Lblock

Hopefully he wont be playing as a third centre back at the home games when he returns?

It's great the English game is trying to develop a more technical edge but players like Tommy Boy picking the ball up from Clint Hill 5 yards from the D isnt really that progressive in my eyes.

Retaining possession has to be progress compared to launching it to the channels and/or target man for errors and knock downs. Obviously we yet haven't cracked it further up the field but it's still a good start.

If I could get one type of player in to really improve us it would be a defensive midfielder that combines Henry's defensive discipline, Carroll and Faurlin's intelligence and distribution, and O'Neil's energy and mobility. (Liam Bridcutt at Brighton probably comes closest within our range).

I would want to see Carroll given another shot at supporting Austin at some point but really unless he gets stronger or acquires a burst of pace can you see it ever working out?
Tom Carroll on 15:21 - Nov 26 with 2176 viewsLowerloftLad

He joined a club who were winning almost every game
He got got injured and QPR still win almost every game
He will return not much will change apart from we will win almost every game

The end
[Post edited 26 Nov 2013 15:22]

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

Tom Carroll on 16:35 - Nov 26 with 2084 viewsBklynRanger

Tom Carroll on 12:15 - Nov 26 by RedbourneR

I thought we ticked over nicely once he settled down into the team and we missed him when he was injured, I hope it doesn't take him long to get back into his stride, he was decent.

That seemed to be what was happening. As long as he's not played beside someone in a 4-4-2 he was adding more and more to the team.

I think we'll need him badly over Xmas, especially if our trend of injuries continues.
Tom Carroll on 17:34 - Nov 26 with 2019 viewskysersosaqpr

Will help fill the void Faurlin left.

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

Tom Carroll on 17:51 - Nov 26 with 2001 viewssimmo

One thing is for sure, if he is coming back and playing we shouldnt be going 4-4-2. Him in a 2 man midfield is suicide.

That aside I think it will be good to have him, his passign and movement are good and he should link up really well with the likes of Kranjcar who are intelligent enough to move into good areas ahead of him. Hopefully when Chief comes back he can operate further up the field where he can be more effective.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Tom Carroll on 18:03 - Nov 26 with 1980 viewsNorthernr

Tom Carroll on 17:51 - Nov 26 by simmo

One thing is for sure, if he is coming back and playing we shouldnt be going 4-4-2. Him in a 2 man midfield is suicide.

That aside I think it will be good to have him, his passign and movement are good and he should link up really well with the likes of Kranjcar who are intelligent enough to move into good areas ahead of him. Hopefully when Chief comes back he can operate further up the field where he can be more effective.

Chief.
Tom Carroll on 22:54 - Nov 26 with 1783 viewschris1969

Tom Carroll on 14:21 - Nov 26 by Lblock

Hope he does play in front of the back four I thought that has been his best position and we played our best football of the season. Wasn't sure for his first few games but I saw a big improvement before injury. Needs to be in a 3 man midfield though and Harry doesn't look like playing 4-4-2 for the time being.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024