Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Opinions on Everton 13:19 - Jan 2 with 4890 viewsRblockPrior

Do u think we should rest players? Give fringe players a chance or go for our strongest team? I think we should go for it but can see the like of Traore swp and Hitchcock playing which isn't a bad thing

Poll: Of the 3 linked away, who do you think will still be a QPR player come February?

Opinions on Everton on 13:22 - Jan 2 with 3148 viewsToast_R

I'd like to see us go for it please.

I actually think our players are better suited to this sort of game and can guarantee they will up their game as many probably won't see it a bit beneath them.

AJ will also get a decent reception from the home fans.
Opinions on Everton on 13:23 - Jan 2 with 3147 viewsTHEBUSH

No play the team which started against Doncaster, apart from Hoillet, whose injured, so play Phillips instead.
Opinions on Everton on 13:31 - Jan 2 with 3118 viewsPinnerPaul

Absolute madness to play full team IMHO.

We have this debate every year btw!
Opinions on Everton on 13:42 - Jan 2 with 3090 viewsrunningman75

In the past I would say play a full team but after seeing Faurlin badly injured against MK Dons, I would say rest key players such as Barton. It would be good to see 1 to 2 young players who are r's and not Spurs loan players.
Opinions on Everton on 13:42 - Jan 2 with 3091 viewsElHoop

No way that Austin will play, nor should he.

I could see Hitchcock getting a start though. He's fit and match fit, unlike most of the alternatives.
Opinions on Everton on 13:44 - Jan 2 with 3085 viewsToast_R

Opinions on Everton on 13:31 - Jan 2 by PinnerPaul

Absolute madness to play full team IMHO.

We have this debate every year btw!

Yeah but your falling into this "Premiership be all and end all" trap that Sky and now BT brainwash us with.

I've been so bored with this season, I need something to get my excited again rather then wishing the games away because it's one step closer to next season's promised land.
Opinions on Everton on 13:55 - Jan 2 with 3062 viewsthemodfather

play the EDS side or even the qpr ladies....get this poxy cup match over with
we won't win it.....we don't need any injuries or suspensions....promotion is important ( not for me, i hate the prem lge...but for the project).
Opinions on Everton on 13:56 - Jan 2 with 3059 viewsPinnerPaul

Opinions on Everton on 13:44 - Jan 2 by Toast_R

Yeah but your falling into this "Premiership be all and end all" trap that Sky and now BT brainwash us with.

I've been so bored with this season, I need something to get my excited again rather then wishing the games away because it's one step closer to next season's promised land.

The cheques Uncle Tony etc will get if we get promotion amount to a bit more than brainwashing.

Being in the top league affect the whole dynamic & future of the club, winning the FA Cup (and we have no chance anyway) wouldn't.
Login to get fewer ads

Opinions on Everton on 14:01 - Jan 2 with 3042 viewsYorkRanger

Opinions on Everton on 13:23 - Jan 2 by THEBUSH

No play the team which started against Doncaster, apart from Hoillet, whose injured, so play Phillips instead.

I'll be staggered if he plays Austin. Our only striker, just back from a hamstring injury and 2 games in 3 days....

Expect Barton to play - he will be on at Redknapp how important it is to him..
Opinions on Everton on 14:08 - Jan 2 with 3006 viewsToast_R

Opinions on Everton on 13:56 - Jan 2 by PinnerPaul

The cheques Uncle Tony etc will get if we get promotion amount to a bit more than brainwashing.

Being in the top league affect the whole dynamic & future of the club, winning the FA Cup (and we have no chance anyway) wouldn't.

Not having that.

We'll never win the Premier League either so what's the big idea at the end of the rainbow? F*ckall except another season of trying to stay there?

Seeing the QPR win the FA Cup would change my life forever and I could actually bask in the glory for the next millenia. Christ, a day at Wembley would probably have me seeking rehab a year later. We have a far greater chance of winning a cup then even finishing top 4 of the "Billionaire's only, Richard Scudamore blood curdling bring your brand to the table" mess we want to be such a part of today.
Opinions on Everton on 14:15 - Jan 2 with 2984 viewsJuzzie

Opinions on Everton on 13:42 - Jan 2 by runningman75

In the past I would say play a full team but after seeing Faurlin badly injured against MK Dons, I would say rest key players such as Barton. It would be good to see 1 to 2 young players who are r's and not Spurs loan players.

Mackie also got badly injured in the FA Cup 3rd round at Blackburn whilst we were pushing for promotion.

I think it's a good opportunity to give fringe players a go and see if they have the appetite to push for a LEague place. The Swindon League Cup game showed some players didn't seem to have that desire and those can no longer copmplain (if they do) about not being selected.
Opinions on Everton on 14:17 - Jan 2 with 2976 viewsDylanP

I do not think we should be putting key players in harms way for a competition which is meaningless this year, in the big scheme of things. This year, management has made it clear that promotion is the priority, and so that should be the focus. We have seen many important players go down to injury in cup competitions over the past years. We just cannot risk our promotion goal being derailed by injury in a meaningless cup game. As much as I love the FA Cup, that is the bottom line.

Of course we are not going to win the Prem and of course, in the short-run competing in the Cup is much more exciting. But the fact is, without Prem revenue plans for a new stadium can't be afforded; without Prem revenue plans for a new training ground can't be afforded; without Prem revenue plans to re-vamp the youth set-up can't be afforded. The long-term future of the team is bound up with us getting back to the Prem. That is the message that management have trumpeted loud and clear and I think that they are probably right.

As such, fringe players should be trotted out and youngsters should be given a chance to prove their worth.

At a minimum, I would rest Green, Dunne, Hill, Simpson, Barton, Phillips, and Austin.
[Post edited 2 Jan 2014 14:24]

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Opinions on Everton on 14:35 - Jan 2 with 2942 viewsToast_R

Opinions on Everton on 14:17 - Jan 2 by DylanP

I do not think we should be putting key players in harms way for a competition which is meaningless this year, in the big scheme of things. This year, management has made it clear that promotion is the priority, and so that should be the focus. We have seen many important players go down to injury in cup competitions over the past years. We just cannot risk our promotion goal being derailed by injury in a meaningless cup game. As much as I love the FA Cup, that is the bottom line.

Of course we are not going to win the Prem and of course, in the short-run competing in the Cup is much more exciting. But the fact is, without Prem revenue plans for a new stadium can't be afforded; without Prem revenue plans for a new training ground can't be afforded; without Prem revenue plans to re-vamp the youth set-up can't be afforded. The long-term future of the team is bound up with us getting back to the Prem. That is the message that management have trumpeted loud and clear and I think that they are probably right.

As such, fringe players should be trotted out and youngsters should be given a chance to prove their worth.

At a minimum, I would rest Green, Dunne, Hill, Simpson, Barton, Phillips, and Austin.
[Post edited 2 Jan 2014 14:24]

What good is it to fringe players going up against Everton?

They'll get thumped, hummiliated and drained of any confidence or belief of ever getting into the first team. It woldn't do them or the management staff any good except show them up to be a million miles away from being good enough at the level the club intends to be playing at.

No, how about playing a strong team (ok Austin playing second half if we're still in it I can handle) and see if they are good enough to handle a very good Premiership team? Should they get a good result, surely that can be a massive positive to take back with them and give them confidence in their league form?

We'd get much more of an insight into our team with the first team regulars playing IMO.
Injuries can happen anytime, even on the training ground.
Opinions on Everton on 14:54 - Jan 2 with 2899 viewssmegma

Harry is set to use his secret weapon.

Bobby Zamora. Wemberleeeeeee here we come !!!
Opinions on Everton on 15:02 - Jan 2 with 2881 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Play our best team. FA Cup deserves respect, and the Premier League isn't everything.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Opinions on Everton on 15:06 - Jan 2 with 2867 viewsstowmarketrange

Opinions on Everton on 15:02 - Jan 2 by BrianMcCarthy

Play our best team. FA Cup deserves respect, and the Premier League isn't everything.

It is if we have to pay this so-called fine for overspending.If we don't get promotion this season,I think we will take a few years to assemble a squad to reach the premier league.
I'm not in a rush to go back,but for the long term future of the club,it has to happen ASAP.
Opinions on Everton on 15:08 - Jan 2 with 2859 viewsessextaxiboy

I always find myself pretty isolated on this debate .

I would play a complete team of fringe players ,

Who out of the eleven who started yesterday would you be happy to pick up an injury and even miss a couple of games ... for me none .
History shows that its this sort of game where we pick up a bad one . Why take the risk ?

Everton will not field a strong (relatively) team , if we go there and have a real go at them with some youngsters with a bit to prove we may have some success . If not we have a fit rested first team for some big league games coming up .
Opinions on Everton on 15:12 - Jan 2 with 2847 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Opinions on Everton on 15:06 - Jan 2 by stowmarketrange

It is if we have to pay this so-called fine for overspending.If we don't get promotion this season,I think we will take a few years to assemble a squad to reach the premier league.
I'm not in a rush to go back,but for the long term future of the club,it has to happen ASAP.

I don't agree. I don't think the fine is as big as The Daily Fascist says it is, whatever it is we'll pay it, if we don't pay it we'll get kicked out, we'll end up playing in the park, we'll all be in the team, and my Mom will make lemonade for everyone after the game.

And we'll be FA Cup Champions as well. Begsies I keep it in my bedroom.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Opinions on Everton on 15:12 - Jan 2 with 2845 viewsDylanP

Opinions on Everton on 14:35 - Jan 2 by Toast_R

They'll get thumped, hummiliated and drained of any confidence or belief of ever getting into the first team. It woldn't do them or the management staff any good except show them up to be a million miles away from being good enough at the level the club intends to be playing at.

No, how about playing a strong team (ok Austin playing second half if we're still in it I can handle) and see if they are good enough to handle a very good Premiership team? Should they get a good result, surely that can be a massive positive to take back with them and give them confidence in their league form?

We'd get much more of an insight into our team with the first team regulars playing IMO.

Yeah, and if we lose Austin, or Dunne, or Hill for the year, then where does that leave us? Up the creek, that is where. The cup is not our priority this year.

I love watching cup games and the 1982 visit to Wembley (twice) were definitely highlights of my fandon (if that's a word). But that is a nice-to-have, not a priority. I remember Langley and Carlisle both getting injured in a cup game with Brentford and that (basically) dooming us to division 3 football for a couple of years.

Our fringe players and young 'uns are professional footballers. If one poor performance is enough to break their spirit, then they probably should find a different profession.

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Opinions on Everton on 15:16 - Jan 2 with 2831 viewsrunningman75

Looking at our line up in 2011 : Kenny, Orr, Gabbidon, Connolly, Hall, Smith Taraabt, Derry, Faurlin, Buzacky, Agyemang when I did not think we had a chance and we won 1-0.

Maybe we need to sign Agyemang to play up front for us again
Opinions on Everton on 15:17 - Jan 2 with 2829 viewsNov77

Spurs have given permission for BAE to play against Everton, but NOT Tom carroll.
if they're going to recall one of them I would rather it was Carroll.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Opinions on Everton on 15:18 - Jan 2 with 2828 viewsessextaxiboy

Opinions on Everton on 14:35 - Jan 2 by Toast_R

Austin playing al all would be madness IMO

He has just come back from a hamstring injury . If he tears it against Everton the last couple of weeks show us we are in deep sh*t. .

We need to sign a striker to compliment Austin not replace him up front on his own .

Tell him to have a day at Westfield.
Opinions on Everton on 15:19 - Jan 2 with 2825 viewsstowmarketrange

Opinions on Everton on 15:12 - Jan 2 by BrianMcCarthy

I don't agree. I don't think the fine is as big as The Daily Fascist says it is, whatever it is we'll pay it, if we don't pay it we'll get kicked out, we'll end up playing in the park, we'll all be in the team, and my Mom will make lemonade for everyone after the game.

And we'll be FA Cup Champions as well. Begsies I keep it in my bedroom.

I'm not saying we won't pay it,but the added riches of a year milking Sky wouldn't half knock a large slice off of what we'd have to find.
Opinions on Everton on 15:22 - Jan 2 with 2812 viewsToast_R

Opinions on Everton on 15:12 - Jan 2 by DylanP

Yeah, and if we lose Austin, or Dunne, or Hill for the year, then where does that leave us? Up the creek, that is where. The cup is not our priority this year.

I love watching cup games and the 1982 visit to Wembley (twice) were definitely highlights of my fandon (if that's a word). But that is a nice-to-have, not a priority. I remember Langley and Carlisle both getting injured in a cup game with Brentford and that (basically) dooming us to division 3 football for a couple of years.

Our fringe players and young 'uns are professional footballers. If one poor performance is enough to break their spirit, then they probably should find a different profession.

"I remember Langley and Carlisle both getting injured in a cup game with Brentford and that (basically) dooming us to division 3 football for a couple of years".

Do me a lemon!
Opinions on Everton on 15:26 - Jan 2 with 2797 viewsPinnerPaul

Opinions on Everton on 14:08 - Jan 2 by Toast_R

Not having that.

We'll never win the Premier League either so what's the big idea at the end of the rainbow? F*ckall except another season of trying to stay there?

Seeing the QPR win the FA Cup would change my life forever and I could actually bask in the glory for the next millenia. Christ, a day at Wembley would probably have me seeking rehab a year later. We have a far greater chance of winning a cup then even finishing top 4 of the "Billionaire's only, Richard Scudamore blood curdling bring your brand to the table" mess we want to be such a part of today.

and the money?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024