Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So, who do we want then?...... 19:04 - May 19 with 14361 viewsbacardiinbrissie

I dont know a great deal about the players in the lower leagues but who should we be looking at getting in? Anyone stand out?
Would anyone take Mackie back from Reading? or what about Simpson from Leicester beasue he isnt getting much playing time.
I guess were going to get the usual Rhodes etc names, but bearing in mind our limited finances, is there anyone who we should be aiming for. Id imagine most positions are up for grabs in our squad right now except maybe Yun's & the keepers.?
Thoughts?
So, who do we want then?...... on 19:23 - May 19 with 8344 viewsdaveB

I'd approach it similar to how we did last time we went down going after the best players we can get without spending the earth, we'll have the parachute money so should still be able to spend more than most teams to get the players we want. the main difference though is I would be looking to fill the squad places with younger players rather than short term contracts like cheverton, benayoun etc. Use our own youth team, use Ramsey and Ferdinands knowledge of the under 21 leagues to pick up the best we can from that level and hunt the lower leagues for any gems.

It will be tough but far from impossible to put together a squad capable of challenging for the playoffs next season but needs to be done with the idea of building a team and a squad for the next 2/3 years rather than the next 2/3 games
So, who do we want then?...... on 19:32 - May 19 with 8319 viewsbosh67

Strikers!!!

Dan Maguire from Blyth Spartans. 22 years old. Scoring ratio of just over 1 in 2 games. Mackie style of play but Austin style finishing. Kid's a real talent. Could be picked up for about £100K

Dominic Solanke from Chelsea U21s. 18 years old and seems to score in every U21 game he plays in, at least once. He's a number 10 as well. Will never make the Chelsea 1st team proper. Very similar style of play to Fer. Could be picked up for £200K

Adam le Fondre from Cardiff. 28 now but a class player. Knows where the net is. £2m

£2.3m gets us 3 strikers, one proven and two that are hungry.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

So, who do we want then?...... on 19:34 - May 19 with 8298 viewsLblock

Want and expect are polar opposites

I fully expect 3 or 4 unknown Spurs youngsters to arrive in either loans or deals with big sell on's
Seems we can look no further the Spurs for anything these days yet the one man we could do with, odious though he is, is Levy himself

Who do I hope for? Well REALISTIC and would like to see are:-

Chris Wood - I've been banging on about this NZ striker for a long time. He has no future at Leicester and with the right system, coaching and a run in the side I think he'd be immense for us

Holloway - striker for Wycombe. This fella has got something about him and I've liked what I've seen. Big, pacey and got skills but needs work on finishing

Joe Bryan - done very well at Bristol City and an attacking defender who I'd like to see us utilise. Our full back positions seriously in question with Robinson likely to be unfit and Yun looking dodge. Furlong will hopefully step up

Delle Ali - if we are going to be feeding Spurs then a loan deal for this kid would be a good move. Quite a few big clubs were after him but MK went with Spurs bid

Pritchard - no brainer! Technical, energy and clued up plus scores goals from set pieces. The best thing is if we nick him the Bees would go into meltdown of Rowlands portions!!! I'm making a rod for my own back with this Spurs love in though aren't I??!!

Need a couple of defensive midfielders and a CB -- like the look of Gibson at Boro but doubt his Dad let him go. I'd also hope a couple of our own will finally step up like Ehmer, Doughty, Petrasso and the young paddy we signed

Piss easy this "Head coach" lark!!
[Post edited 19 May 2015 19:37]

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

So, who do we want then?...... on 19:48 - May 19 with 8258 viewsderbyhoop

So, who do we want then?...... on 19:32 - May 19 by bosh67

Strikers!!!

Dan Maguire from Blyth Spartans. 22 years old. Scoring ratio of just over 1 in 2 games. Mackie style of play but Austin style finishing. Kid's a real talent. Could be picked up for about £100K

Dominic Solanke from Chelsea U21s. 18 years old and seems to score in every U21 game he plays in, at least once. He's a number 10 as well. Will never make the Chelsea 1st team proper. Very similar style of play to Fer. Could be picked up for £200K

Adam le Fondre from Cardiff. 28 now but a class player. Knows where the net is. £2m

£2.3m gets us 3 strikers, one proven and two that are hungry.

The Scum are going to keep Solanki, but it would be worth an approach for a loan deal. Could end up like Bamford, to whom they've offered a 5 year deal.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

So, who do we want then?...... on 21:25 - May 19 with 8063 viewsMarc

Bosh, I'd love to know where you get these figures from. 200k for Solanke! Absolutely no chance of him coming here, let alone for that price.

Interested to know why the OP thinks Yuns place in the team would be one of only two not up for grabs. Think its clear to see he isn't fancied by CR and ihas been going backwards for a while now.

Like the idea of trying to get Simpson back, though. Have said previously that Mackie should return, and would also look to bring back Matt Conolly on a free. Minimal outlay for those three. Solid championship players.
So, who do we want then?...... on 21:30 - May 19 with 8036 viewsbosh67

So, who do we want then?...... on 21:25 - May 19 by Marc

Bosh, I'd love to know where you get these figures from. 200k for Solanke! Absolutely no chance of him coming here, let alone for that price.

Interested to know why the OP thinks Yuns place in the team would be one of only two not up for grabs. Think its clear to see he isn't fancied by CR and ihas been going backwards for a while now.

Like the idea of trying to get Simpson back, though. Have said previously that Mackie should return, and would also look to bring back Matt Conolly on a free. Minimal outlay for those three. Solid championship players.

£200K is his guideline transfer figure right now. To be honest it is very low. I've seen him play a few times and thought, why is he bothering at Chelsea. He'd walk in to our squad next season.

I think we have to go after other academy players and give them an actual chance to play 1st team football... in their career!

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

So, who do we want then?...... on 21:31 - May 19 with 8014 viewsHollowayRanger

I wouldn't say no to some castoffs from bournmouth Watford and whoever else gets promoted as long as they have played a dozen or more games last season

we cast off gorkss Connelly orr simpon o neill

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

So, who do we want then?...... on 21:58 - May 19 with 7952 viewsToast_R

So, who do we want then?...... on 21:31 - May 19 by HollowayRanger

I wouldn't say no to some castoffs from bournmouth Watford and whoever else gets promoted as long as they have played a dozen or more games last season

we cast off gorkss Connelly orr simpon o neill

Funny really as all their replacements were f@cking terrible.
Login to get fewer ads

So, who do we want then?...... on 22:24 - May 19 with 7915 viewsDevonWhite

Seeing as he's got promoted from this league in 4 of the last 5 seasons (3 as Champions), we'd be mad not to get Matt Connolly back in....
So, who do we want then?...... on 23:56 - May 19 with 7809 viewsVancouverHoop

A good start would be to see who'd be left after the coming clearout. After subtracting those out of contract, loanees, and "bad eggs," So far as I can see these are the mostly likely remnants (plus any youth players):

Sandro (if fit!)
Yun
Doughty
Onuoha
Caulker
Hoilett
McCarthy

There are reasons you might dismiss most of them, but that isn't realistic. We'll need experience from somewhere and whatever their limitations, we have to assume they're coachable. So, there's the rudiments of a defence there and, if Ehmer and Donaldson are included, some back-up too. Strikers and mid-field are what we'll sorely need, so if we're spending TF's money (again) that'd be a good place to begin.
[Post edited 19 May 2015 23:57]
So, who do we want then?...... on 00:00 - May 20 with 7801 viewsganjR

Solanke on a seasons long loan.
I'd get Hendrie in on loan from west Ham.
Mackie back, Connolly back.
If we can't get Pritchard, then Hourihane from Barnsley.
I like the look of Markkanen at Castilla.
Maybe look at players like Scougall (Sheff.Utd), Abraham (loan, Chelsea), Woods (Shrewsbury), Wallace (Portsmouth), Bogle (Solihull), Grimshaw (Glossop), Parker (Red Star), etc.
So, who do we want then?...... on 00:22 - May 20 with 7778 viewsGetMeRangers

So, who do we want then?...... on 00:00 - May 20 by ganjR

Maybe look at players like Scougall (Sheff.Utd), Abraham (loan, Chelsea), Woods (Shrewsbury), Wallace (Portsmouth), Bogle (Solihull), Grimshaw (Glossop), Parker (Red Star), etc.

Connolly is some sort of magic charm. In the last five seasons, he has played for four promoted sides... us, Bardiff, Watford and the Fakes
So, who do we want then?...... on 00:53 - May 20 with 7763 viewsbacardiinbrissie

I think Yun is one of the first on the team sheet for the Championship TBH. He's proved he can do it at a higher level but needs a bit more experience. Granted he wasnt great towards the end of the season but who was? He'll be fine back down in the Champ with some younger fitter players around him that can play his type of game. I dont suppose many will be in for Caulker or Ned so that would have to be our "experience" in the side but i would like to see the Scottish lad we brought given a decent chance. I wonder if by keeping Caulker & Ned we would be shooting ourselves in the foot. I dont expect them to perform any better if we miraculously get promoted again. Mybe we would be better of getting rid or eeping as squad players.
We could possibly keep Snadro, Henry or A.N.other as our leader in the middle of the park to guide the younger lads and add a bit of grit when needed. Sorry to those that are pro but i just cant stand Barton for so many reasons.
So realistially to complement those who may still be with us, we need
1 Back up keeper
LB, RB, CB & CB
RW, CM, CM, LW (Or Adel )
CF, CF, CF,

Well that should be no problem to put together and have ready for next season then ! .

EDIT_ Also agree on the comment re Levy. What I'd give to have an owner with his bussiness skills. He must be rubbing his hands following Chris' appointment.!
[Post edited 20 May 2015 1:01]
So, who do we want then?...... on 02:01 - May 20 with 7731 viewsVancouverHoop

>> I wonder if by keeping Caulker & Ned we would be shooting ourselves in the foot. I dont expect them to perform any better if we miraculously get promoted again. Mybe we would be better of getting rid or eeping as squad players.

Caulker's signed until 2018, and Onuoha's contract has another year and a half to run. Not long ago they were both highly rated players. This time last season some of us were talking about them as our CB pairing for next several years. If Chris Ramsey's the coach his reputation says he is, he ought to be able to turn their game around.

I also think we can't be thinking about promotion next season, or probably even the following one. Ramsey's likely been given a three year contract for a reason (though with TF you can never be sure.) It will take that long to rebuild, consolidate and then become competitive.
[Post edited 20 May 2015 2:07]
So, who do we want then?...... on 09:46 - May 20 with 7554 viewsganjR

Ferdinand spoke of targets before, including out of contract players.
Surely we know who we will offer new contracts to and who we won't. We know who will be going and who we may be able to keep.
We will need new coaching staff (probably) but know who are main management structure is and also what league we are in.
Now, if their are young and up and coming youngsters that are free agents, lets show our mark of intent and snap one up ASAP.
If one is a real target of ours and wanted, regardless of contract status, then lets start getting them in. With the overhaul needed here, it's surely going to make sense to get as many targets in as possible, early.
The last thing we need is our usual last minute scramble for the great unwanted.
So, who do we want then?...... on 10:13 - May 20 with 7505 viewsbacardiinbrissie

So, who do we want then?...... on 02:01 - May 20 by VancouverHoop

>> I wonder if by keeping Caulker & Ned we would be shooting ourselves in the foot. I dont expect them to perform any better if we miraculously get promoted again. Mybe we would be better of getting rid or eeping as squad players.

Caulker's signed until 2018, and Onuoha's contract has another year and a half to run. Not long ago they were both highly rated players. This time last season some of us were talking about them as our CB pairing for next several years. If Chris Ramsey's the coach his reputation says he is, he ought to be able to turn their game around.

I also think we can't be thinking about promotion next season, or probably even the following one. Ramsey's likely been given a three year contract for a reason (though with TF you can never be sure.) It will take that long to rebuild, consolidate and then become competitive.
[Post edited 20 May 2015 2:07]

I tataly agree Vancouver and I for one was one of those who was over the moon about the CB pairing. I saw Ned as our captain with Caulker the big john type alongside him. Somehow I seem to have got that one totally wrong and neither inspires me with confidence when the ball is within 20ft.
I honestly don't know what went so badly wrong with these two, but as you say. If CR is a world class coach then we SHOULD see some difference. I wait to be convinced.
So, who do we want then?...... on 10:31 - May 20 with 7475 viewsDWQPR

Two strikers I would look at is Chris O'Grady of Brighton who in the season before last scored a lot of goals for a poor Barnsley side that got relegated. Quick, strong and knows how to finish. The second is a rough diamond that has impressed me greatly when I have seen him on TV and that is Che Adams from Sheffield United. 18 years old I think, they got him very cheap from Ilkston and could learn a lot from Les.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

So, who do we want then?...... on 11:23 - May 20 with 7417 viewsJamie

Luke Freeman & Jed Wallace would be a good start.

As Rhodes is 'available' he will no doubt be linked with us relentlessly.
So, who do we want then?...... on 11:36 - May 20 with 7383 viewsNorthernr

So, who do we want then?...... on 11:23 - May 20 by Jamie

Luke Freeman & Jed Wallace would be a good start.

As Rhodes is 'available' he will no doubt be linked with us relentlessly.

Not sure you'd get Freeman out of City now, could have had him from Stevenage at any point. They got two Lukes last summer I would have taken for a Championship QPR team - Freeman and Ayling.

I'd have Connolly and Mackie back certainly, not only because they're decent at that leve, but because they'd help lift the atmosphere and they really like it here. Very worried that the Ramsey appointment + a bad start will turn it all very toxic.

Le Fondre is kicking around cheap. If Simon Francis gets replaced at Bournemouth he'd solve the full back problem straight off - another we could have had from Bradford, Southend but too busy signing Fabio on loan from Man Utd. Any of Rhodes, Gestede and Cariney from Blackburn if we are allowed to spend some money.

This post has been edited by an administrator
So, who do we want then?...... on 11:37 - May 20 with 7380 viewsBAWHoops

Would love to see Jed Wallace from Pompy and Dean Furman from Doncaster in the midfield.

Up top we need a mixture of pace (perhaps Solanke on loan) and a grizzly vet in the Helguson mould who won't get bullied by defences

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

So, who do we want then?...... on 11:56 - May 20 with 7333 viewsfakekerby

Alex Mowatt off Leeds - every time I checked the Championship results he seemed to have scored.

I'd take back Mackie in a heartbeat, especially at this level. Connolly never convinced me, i'm not sure about him, but he does seem to get promoted season after season.

Bentley from Southend seems to be getting a lot of praise and would be a good back up to McCarthy should Green leave.

Ali on loan from Spurs, he's been class for MK Dons and can surely step up to the Championship.
So, who do we want then?...... on 18:28 - May 20 with 7122 viewsrsonist

Some good suggestions here. Solanke for 200k is straight out of the crack pipe, but I agree that he and many others are of the quality we should be looking at on loan.

It's difficult because we don't yet know what sort of narrative we'll be trying to sell. We got Austin off Burnley because we acted as if we were a temporarily displaced Prem side and splashed out accordingly. This time round I don't know if similar calibre player - Afobe, Gestede, even Freeman let's say - would see us in the same way.

I've always quite liked Ben Marshall at Blackburn. Pringle at Rotherham is out of contract I think. Michel Antonioa at Forest is often infuriating but would probably be a good if maybe expensive replacement for Phillips if he goes. Good few Swindon players we should look at if they don't go up - Luongo, Ben Gladwin, Kasim. Sam Clucas at Chesterfield, Tom Bradshaw at Walsall, Joe Newell and others at Peterborough, Goldson and Woods at Shrewsbury.
So, who do we want then?...... on 18:35 - May 20 with 7108 viewsrsonist

So, who do we want then?...... on 00:00 - May 20 by ganjR

I wasn't aware that Josh Parker had ended up at Red Star! Good on him.
So, who do we want then?...... on 18:40 - May 20 with 7096 viewsthame_hoops

I'd take Scott Parker, he'd be cheap, benjani (knows where the back of the net is) and Kanu (to be the target man instead of Bobby Z
So, who do we want then?...... on 18:47 - May 20 with 7080 viewsganjR

So, who do we want then?...... on 18:35 - May 20 by rsonist

I wasn't aware that Josh Parker had ended up at Red Star! Good on him.

That's what I thought too.
He went to a club in Slovenia and did well enough to earn the move.
He always struck me as someone who had a bad attitude, but when you hear him speak, he seems a humble bloke.
Got to add that someone else on here first spotted the move.
We get mentioned ALOT at his press conference!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024