Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
19 years ago today. What a goal. 08:53 - Jan 26 with 3571 viewsSnipper

19 years ago today. What a goal. on 09:20 - Jan 26 with 3534 viewspaulparker

Was sitting in the SAR bang on the 18 yard box when Trev did that,
as he twisted in the air I thought what the fcuk was he doing, then pandemonium
people forget what a cup tie that was, it had everything
Impeys punch, Roberts letting one straight through his legs , a proper ding dong of a game , The crowd was bang up for it as well as I think the 4-4 port vale games was the week before
on a funny note me & my old man were on the pop that afternoon and he missed the the Sinclair goal due to having a p1ss in the bogs , when he came back he thought I was pulling his leg about missing the greatest goal ever scored
every time that goal cam e on the tv he would have a wry smile on his face
he got ribbed years for that

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

19 years ago today. What a goal. on 09:28 - Jan 26 with 3518 viewsgigiisourgod

19 years ago today. What a goal. on 09:20 - Jan 26 by paulparker

Impeys punch, Roberts letting one straight through his legs , a proper ding dong of a game , The crowd was bang up for it as well as I think the 4-4 port vale games was the week before
on a funny note me & my old man were on the pop that afternoon and he missed the the Sinclair goal due to having a p1ss in the bogs , when he came back he thought I was pulling his leg about missing the greatest goal ever scored

Was front row of the upper loft and had the old man moaning in my ear about what an aimless ball it was for Spencer when it all just went silent for a second and then mayhem.
19 years ago today. What a goal. on 10:02 - Jan 26 with 3482 viewsjamois

I was probably right near you PP. I took my girlfriend of the time to her first ever game. Wasn't worth her ever attending another after that, it had everything.

Poll: What's our back 4 for Wembley?

19 years ago today. What a goal. on 10:37 - Jan 26 with 3448 viewsSnipper

That's exactly where I was sitting too.

When the ball was crossed, I thought it was woeful to say the least. Little did I know what was about to happen. Even all the Barnsley fans were up applauding.
19 years ago today. What a goal. on 10:41 - Jan 26 with 3440 viewsMick_S

19 years ago today. What a goal. on 10:37 - Jan 26 by Snipper

When the ball was crossed, I thought it was woeful to say the least. Little did I know what was about to happen. Even all the Barnsley fans were up applauding.

Have a look at the bloke in the white jacket to the right of the goal. Fair to say he doesn't get the beautiful game.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

19 years ago today. What a goal. on 10:43 - Jan 26 with 3435 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I will always love watching that Barnsley fan in the white jacket! How could you complain after a goal like that?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

19 years ago today. What a goal. on 10:44 - Jan 26 with 3433 viewsBrianMcCarthy

19 years ago today. What a goal. on 10:41 - Jan 26 by Mick_S

Have a look at the bloke in the white jacket to the right of the goal. Fair to say he doesn't get the beautiful game.

Snap!

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

19 years ago today. What a goal. on 10:47 - Jan 26 with 3421 viewspaulparker

I was hugging some bloke behind me , and everyone was just saying what a fcuking goal for about 5 minutes after
I had a bit to drink that afternoon and I even started a chant of we're on the march with stewarts army, we all off to Wembley
brilliant day , we seemed to have the hoodoo sign over Barnsley that season
come to think of it that was probably the last good season we had before the Olly Promotion year

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Login to get fewer ads

19 years ago today. What a goal. on 10:58 - Jan 26 with 3396 viewsjamois

19 years ago today. What a goal. on 10:47 - Jan 26 by paulparker

I was hugging some bloke behind me , and everyone was just saying what a fcuking goal for about 5 minutes after
I had a bit to drink that afternoon and I even started a chant of we're on the march with stewarts army, we all off to Wembley
brilliant day , we seemed to have the hoodoo sign over Barnsley that season
come to think of it that was probably the last good season we had before the Olly Promotion year

It's funny you know, thinking back it really wasn't that much of an expectation to have those sorts of days at the footie reasonably regularly during a season. Something euphoric to crow about, some indication of a good time had by all. It could just be age catching up with us but I don't think me. Instead it makes me realise what an utter load of clundge we've had to put up with over the past......oooh...must be the best part of a decade or more now :)

Poll: What's our back 4 for Wembley?

19 years ago today. What a goal. on 11:05 - Jan 26 with 3372 viewsToast_R

I wasn't at the game sadly, back then I had myself a Saturday job at WH Smith's in Putney High Street.

I remember a Barnsley fan on a phone in once saying that was his most memorable moment at a football match.
I wonder if we would see it the same way if something like that went against us?
Trying to think, err Cahill's opener wasn't bad in our 1st game back in the Prem.
Maybe that tosser at Man Utd, his twin played for us...badly.
[Post edited 26 Jan 2016 11:07]
19 years ago today. What a goal. on 11:12 - Jan 26 with 3355 viewspaulparker

19 years ago today. What a goal. on 10:58 - Jan 26 by jamois

It's funny you know, thinking back it really wasn't that much of an expectation to have those sorts of days at the footie reasonably regularly during a season. Something euphoric to crow about, some indication of a good time had by all. It could just be age catching up with us but I don't think me. Instead it makes me realise what an utter load of clundge we've had to put up with over the past......oooh...must be the best part of a decade or more now :)

I know what you mean mate
I was/am a big critic of Houston but we did have some good days under him
and some good players , Murray, Spencer, Dichio, Peacock, Impey , Quashie, Sinclair, its a shame that team had a billy bollox attitude

19 years ago today. What a goal. on 13:58 - Jan 26 with 3250 viewsHantsR

Golly, how many of us were sat together to witness that goal! I was there in SAR on the 18 yd line sat with my nipper!
19 years ago today. What a goal. on 14:05 - Jan 26 with 3242 viewsLblock

I dont think I'll ever witness another goal like that in the flesh again in my lifetime.

Didn't David Beckham score his halfway line goal around the same time? I only ask as I recall countless arguments with plastic reds about which goal was better.
It's no contest.
Give me 50 attempts to lob one in from the halfway line I'd back myself to get maybe at least five. Give me 100 attempts at emulating trev's goal and all I'd end up with is a back worse than mine is at the moment

Goal of the Millenia

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

19 years ago today. What a goal. on 14:19 - Jan 26 with 3210 viewsrrrspricey

19 years ago today. What a goal. on 10:41 - Jan 26 by Mick_S

The first time I saw this footage I remember thinking wtf is that tw@t pi$$ed off about. Priceless.
19 years ago today. What a goal. on 14:22 - Jan 26 with 3207 viewspaulparker

19 years ago today. What a goal. on 14:05 - Jan 26 by Lblock

I dont think I'll ever witness another goal like that in the flesh again in my lifetime.

Didn't David Beckham score his halfway line goal around the same time? I only ask as I recall countless arguments with plastic reds about which goal was better.
It's no contest.
Give me 50 attempts to lob one in from the halfway line I'd back myself to get maybe at least five. Give me 100 attempts at emulating trev's goal and all I'd end up with is a back worse than mine is at the moment

Goal of the Millenia

i think in that season , Waddle hit one for Bradford against Everton in the cup from the halfway line as well
but Trevs was special, I may be biased but its the best goal ever scored in the history of football
people bang on about , Maradonna in 86 but its an average goal IMHO same as the alberto one in 70

19 years ago today. What a goal. on 15:05 - Jan 26 with 3153 viewsbosh67

Best goal I ever witnessed. Honoured to be there. A guy came up the stairs about 10 seconds afterwards and said 'missed that, was it any good?' Always think of what he robbed himself of getting that pie. Does anyone else remember in the next home game after that Trevor trying something similar and hitting the cross bar with it?

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

19 years ago today. What a goal. on 15:21 - Jan 26 with 3115 viewsrrrspricey

19 years ago today. What a goal. on 14:22 - Jan 26 by paulparker

i think in that season , Waddle hit one for Bradford against Everton in the cup from the halfway line as well
but Trevs was special, I may be biased but its the best goal ever scored in the history of football
people bang on about , Maradonna in 86 but its an average goal IMHO same as the alberto one in 70

Waddle's was the same day PP
19 years ago today. What a goal. on 15:24 - Jan 26 with 3110 viewspaulparker

19 years ago today. What a goal. on 15:21 - Jan 26 by rrrspricey

Waddle's was the same day PP

Your right Pricey it was

19 years ago today. What a goal. on 15:35 - Jan 26 with 3087 viewsElHoop

I think that goal won us our last 4th round FA Cup tie, believe it or not.
19 years ago today. What a goal. on 17:01 - Jan 26 with 2998 viewsNoelmc

I was in the West Paddock Wheelchair Section that day and can even spot myself in the clip. I'm in a blue jacket behind the Ericsson Hoarding where Maddix regains possesion prior to laying the ball back to Spencer.

Definitely the best goal I've ever seen live.

I remember doing a piece for AKUTR's at the time saying we should not have been surprised by it as Trevor did what he normally did in hitting the ball over the bar (he was not a great finisher) but he just happened to be upside down at the time!
[Post edited 26 Jan 2016 17:42]
19 years ago today. What a goal. on 17:19 - Jan 26 with 2979 viewsRangersw12

The game was a cracker and seem to remember us being under cosh just before Sinclair scored that cracker

Talking of missing goals Brixton R unfortunately missed the play off final goal !!!
19 years ago today. What a goal. on 17:28 - Jan 26 with 2968 viewsdaveB

I was in a phone box in Middlesbrough when he scored listening to the match on clubcall
19 years ago today. What a goal. on 17:59 - Jan 26 with 2929 viewsQPR1882

Down to 10 men after Impey got sent off for his mma action i remember thinking just hold the poxy ball in the corner, the rest is history. Tony Roberts did his very best to fck it up for us but could not quite do it.

That was the day we had 50,000 in Loftus rd, or it would appear so with how many people down the years claim to have been there.
[Post edited 26 Jan 2016 18:07]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024