Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just back (on the train at Euston) 22:30 - Dec 14 with 3307 viewsDWQPR

Certainly tonight wasn't the worst performance of the season and infinitely better than the dross I witnessed at Rotherham on Saturday. For large parts of the game we were and looked the better side and certainly the only team that looked anywhere near scoring, exemplified by their keeper taking plenty of time with goal kicks with twenty minute to go. We gave them one sniff at goal and unfortunately that is all they needed. We just missed that bit of fortune, and when you are on a run like we are we just don't get the run of the ball. Felt that we gave Derby the initiative by taking Chery off and replacing him with Gladwin. Chery wasn't having the greatest of games but he does command the attention of the defence and links the midfield with the forwards. Gladwin just isn't capable of anything. On the bright side Ngkaboto at last showed something of the player that we thought we bought during the summer and when Shodipo came on he showed that he will cause defences problems. He has to start on Sunday. Cousins had by far his best game for us and I only hope that his injury isn't bad enough. One great interception in the first half led him running from one penalty box to the other and unfortunately he chose to pass to Washington rather than shoot. More optimistic after tonight than I was on Saturday but sadly a defeat is still a defeat and Holloway has really got his work cut out to turn things round.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Just back (on the train at Euston) on 22:55 - Dec 14 with 2507 viewsBlue_Castello

Thanks for the just back comments, I missed the game through not being well but was pleased to read of the improved performance.

Some of the threads that people are starting tonight are beyond belief, they can't make their mind up who they want sacked first after 5 games of a new manager.......
Just back (on the train at Euston) on 23:00 - Dec 14 with 2448 viewsenfieldargh

Cousins and luongo looked a decent midfield with grant hall mustering hi self about.

Bidwell and perch both had good games as did Ned and lynch.

Sadly that's all we had.

Washington didn't stop running but Chery was too,inconsistent with his passing.

Nbakoto doesn't appear to know where to be and had a few good flashes of skill but was a passenger for the most part.

Gladwin is so off the pace it's untrue. He's a nearly player. In that he's nearly in the right place, he'll nearly kick the ball. Etc

Shodipo came on far too late and bfg rattled a few cages but no real threat

Not sure why South Pole didn't get a look in, Ben gladwin obviously shows something on the training pitch but that's where he leaves it.

Unfair to pick on him as I want him to succeed.

Poor attendance tonight but those of us who where there tried to sing encouragement.

Richard keough git some lovely abuse from F block and looked straight up at Clive when he called out to him
Richard I love you

Patience is needed as I hope we will build on this performance but knowing Qpr this will be a good as it gets

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Just back (on the train at Euston) on 23:06 - Dec 14 with 2408 viewsAgedR

Thought we were ok tonight. Can't get a break though and this combined with a real lack of confidence is a worry.

Cousins best game for us; a couple of driving runs. Hamstring! Luck again.

Surprised how negative Derby were. And no team with Scott Carson in goal
Is going anywhere.

Poll: Who do we want out of the way?

Just back (on the train at Euston) on 23:08 - Dec 14 with 2388 viewsHunterhoop

Cousins had comfortably his best game. Shodipo's impact was brilliant.

Ngbakoto, IMO, was very poor. Absolutely clueless when he's not got the ball. Doesn't make runs for the full backs, doesn't read loose balls, doesn't read flicks ons. Decent enough on the ball but looks lost most of the time. Perhaps we haven't found his position.

Still...no f*cking width again. Look at Shodipo's impact! Straight away beats Olson on the outside. Has that darting run into the box beating three. PLAY HIM!!

Hall in midfield, to steal a comment from a friend, was Matty Rose reincarnated. Tidy at times, slow over the first couple of yards, and clearly playing an unfamiliar position.

I do think the players are trying and do care. But I think they're extremely low on confidence and are being set up in a way (again) which hampers them (and fails us).
Just back (on the train at Euston) on 23:09 - Dec 14 with 2385 viewsbaz_qpr

We could have played until January and not scored.

We had pretty much 3 defensive midfielders none of the ever getting beyond the more advanced two without the ball and the odd carry / burst with the ball, no one taking attacking responsibility other than Chery and Ngbakoto who were outmanned. Washington won no headers, failed to hold the ball because that's not his game.

We had plenty of possession and played well in the middle third of the pitch, we would play a one two make some space and then stop. Or we would make some quick one touch passes the ball would reach Luongo would have 4 touches do a 360 and pass it back to a centre half opportunity lost. Bidwell refused to get forward or run into space when Ngbakptp (who has a good touch BTW).

We then got worse when Chery was replaced with Gladwin, who I really want do well but put in a good impression of Stuart Wardley after he stopped scoring and just ran around a bit. Got better when Shodipo came on but ultimately paid the price as we stood of yet again on the right and gave them the freedom of ellerslie road to put in a decent cross.

Lynch and Need were nervous wrecks for most of the game with the ball at their feet.

We have relegation written all over us and look like a team that has no belief in themselves or what they are being asked to do.

We are in deep deep trouble
Just back (on the train at Euston) on 23:17 - Dec 14 with 2333 viewsbosh67

Certainly cruel on the team tonight. They deserved a point at least. Kept the ball much better and were very neat and tidy without any real punch or width.

French lad played a lot better, Cousins played much better, we lost our shape when Chery had to go off but really no width and much as a I love Washington's effort, he is kind of junior Mackie, especially on his own, albeit for some assistance from the French lad.

Shodipo at least added directness to us but you always had the feeling we were there for a sucker punch and we got it from a very lacklustre Derby. A more confident attacking Rangers with two big strikers and proper wingers would have put them away tonight.

Not terrible and certainly an improvement, but I am not sure where Sylla is. I think he has an injury but surely he and Polter need to be leading the attack here.

I would be more hopeful if that wasn't 4 on the spin. We will play a lot worse than that and force a result.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Just back (on the train at Euston) on 23:22 - Dec 14 with 2289 viewsBrightonhoop

Just back (on the train at Euston) on 23:17 - Dec 14 by bosh67

Certainly cruel on the team tonight. They deserved a point at least. Kept the ball much better and were very neat and tidy without any real punch or width.

French lad played a lot better, Cousins played much better, we lost our shape when Chery had to go off but really no width and much as a I love Washington's effort, he is kind of junior Mackie, especially on his own, albeit for some assistance from the French lad.

Shodipo at least added directness to us but you always had the feeling we were there for a sucker punch and we got it from a very lacklustre Derby. A more confident attacking Rangers with two big strikers and proper wingers would have put them away tonight.

Not terrible and certainly an improvement, but I am not sure where Sylla is. I think he has an injury but surely he and Polter need to be leading the attack here.

I would be more hopeful if that wasn't 4 on the spin. We will play a lot worse than that and force a result.

Heard Syllah was seen leaving before KO looking very pished off, no idea if true or not.

Glad to hear we are looking better and some passion exists, terrible run so bad for confidence.

We'll turn this around. Somehow.
Just back (on the train at Euston) on 23:27 - Dec 14 with 2244 viewsbaz_qpr

Just back (on the train at Euston) on 23:08 - Dec 14 by Hunterhoop

Cousins had comfortably his best game. Shodipo's impact was brilliant.

Ngbakoto, IMO, was very poor. Absolutely clueless when he's not got the ball. Doesn't make runs for the full backs, doesn't read loose balls, doesn't read flicks ons. Decent enough on the ball but looks lost most of the time. Perhaps we haven't found his position.

Still...no f*cking width again. Look at Shodipo's impact! Straight away beats Olson on the outside. Has that darting run into the box beating three. PLAY HIM!!

Hall in midfield, to steal a comment from a friend, was Matty Rose reincarnated. Tidy at times, slow over the first couple of yards, and clearly playing an unfamiliar position.

I do think the players are trying and do care. But I think they're extremely low on confidence and are being set up in a way (again) which hampers them (and fails us).

Look at Shodipos impact for their goal...

There in lies the problem with the kid and why Holloway has been reluctant to use him, or he has to adjust the midfield, to manage it better but poor old Perch ended up 3 against 1 for that cross
Login to get fewer ads

Just back (on the train at Euston) on 23:33 - Dec 14 with 2197 viewsHunterhoop

Just back (on the train at Euston) on 23:27 - Dec 14 by baz_qpr

Look at Shodipos impact for their goal...

There in lies the problem with the kid and why Holloway has been reluctant to use him, or he has to adjust the midfield, to manage it better but poor old Perch ended up 3 against 1 for that cross

Nonsense, Baz. Utter nonsense. Shodipo was not at fault for the goal. They crossed it from the byline. Perch was up against him. Not the winger's job. Neither was defending the cross in the middle once it was delivered.

Complete misrepresentation of what happened to insinuate Shodipo had anything to do with being responsible for the goal.
Just back (on the train at Euston) on 23:38 - Dec 14 with 2166 viewsOakR

This was only my 3rd 'live' game so I've not endured as much as most on here.

I thought we played relatively well on the whole, were the better team, probably deserved to win, and draw at worst. They had one chance and took it.

What was apparent was a lack of quality. Whilst I prefer to see width, and Shodipo was excellent when he came on (As usual) we actually created some decent changes before he was on.

I like Polter but i thought he was poor today and did nothing with an end product, and waster our best chance after Shodipo's direct run into the box - a simple lay-off and we would have had a great chance.

I can't for the life of me understand why Gladwin gets anywhere near the team.

I felt sorry for Washington, no real service, chasing nothing balls most of the time.

No-one was outstanding tonight, no-one was awful. We were unlucky.

There were actually a lot of positives to take from tonight, we kept the ball well at times, we did create some chances but our main issue is we just don't have a lot of quality up front. Our defence and midfield are ok at this level, not outstanding but ok (though I'd like to see Borusyk back when ready, and Shodipo getting more time) but up front we just didn't create enough, or have anyone you had confidence would put a chance away. A bit hit and hope at times.

Tonight is a half glass empty half glass full night. Take your pick.

Poll: Will we stay up?

Just back (on the train at Euston) on 23:39 - Dec 14 with 2155 viewsbaz_qpr

Just back (on the train at Euston) on 23:33 - Dec 14 by Hunterhoop

Nonsense, Baz. Utter nonsense. Shodipo was not at fault for the goal. They crossed it from the byline. Perch was up against him. Not the winger's job. Neither was defending the cross in the middle once it was delivered.

Complete misrepresentation of what happened to insinuate Shodipo had anything to do with being responsible for the goal.

Watch the goal - They had acres of space Shodipo jogging failed to pressure his man who passed it to the kid for the cross - I like the kid, I really do I hold Luongo as much as fault for failing to get across as well and to cover it, you can't defend like that - Perch can't defend against 3 the winger has to get back and get closer, did the same against Norwich and why Holloway did not play him afterwards. Going forward great
Just back (on the train at Euston) on 23:49 - Dec 14 with 2098 viewsHunterhoop

Just back (on the train at Euston) on 23:39 - Dec 14 by baz_qpr

Watch the goal - They had acres of space Shodipo jogging failed to pressure his man who passed it to the kid for the cross - I like the kid, I really do I hold Luongo as much as fault for failing to get across as well and to cover it, you can't defend like that - Perch can't defend against 3 the winger has to get back and get closer, did the same against Norwich and why Holloway did not play him afterwards. Going forward great

I have watched it! It's Perch 1-1 with the winger. He gets to the byline and crosses it.

We'll have to agree to disagree. No way am I apportioning the winger any blame there.
Just back (on the train at Euston) on 06:17 - Dec 15 with 1864 viewsdistortR

Just back (on the train at Euston) on 23:49 - Dec 14 by Hunterhoop

I have watched it! It's Perch 1-1 with the winger. He gets to the byline and crosses it.

We'll have to agree to disagree. No way am I apportioning the winger any blame there.

I think the goal comes down to Luongo and Shodipo not covering.

But then I haven't actually seen it but do like it when hunter goes on a rant.
Just back (on the train at Euston) on 06:18 - Dec 15 with 1858 viewsWatford_Ranger

Shodipo's awareness will, you'd hope, improve over time but in a team with full-backs who can't attack and a midfield that doesn't score goals I'd like to think there's enough to cover for the one or two players who offer something going forward.
Just back (on the train at Euston) on 06:48 - Dec 15 with 1783 viewsenfieldargh

Just back (on the train at Euston) on 23:22 - Dec 14 by Brightonhoop

Heard Syllah was seen leaving before KO looking very pished off, no idea if true or not.

Glad to hear we are looking better and some passion exists, terrible run so bad for confidence.

I saw him going in at around 5:45pm

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Just back (on the train at Euston) on 07:13 - Dec 15 with 1704 viewsdaveB

I thought we played really well, I get the calls for Shodipo to start but not sure he'd have made the same impact from the start, against tired defenders he ran riot.

I thought Holloway got the tactics right and really we should have won the game, how we managed to lose it is beyond me.

Cousins, Hall and Perch were all excellent last night, I thought Washington did well up front as well.
Just back (on the train at Euston) on 07:34 - Dec 15 with 1642 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Thanks for the reports everyone.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Just back (on the train at Euston) on 07:44 - Dec 15 with 1617 viewsHunterhoop

Just back (on the train at Euston) on 06:17 - Dec 15 by distortR

I think the goal comes down to Luongo and Shodipo not covering.

But then I haven't actually seen it but do like it when hunter goes on a rant.

I think I'm going mad with this lack of wingers thing. It's sending me around the bend.
Just back (on the train at Euston) on 08:26 - Dec 15 with 1500 viewsHarbour

Good performance tonight really should have won but when you consistently do not take your chances of which we had quite a few the inevitable happens. Derby passed a lot good ball players but created little but had the quality to take that chance. Not sure what Ollie can do he needs a striker or get his strikers to start taking the chances . Missed Sylla tonight just do nothing t think Connor or Poulter are up to it. Unless we get a striker we are in big trouble
Just back (on the train at Euston) on 08:28 - Dec 15 with 1494 viewsDesertBoot

Ince really shouldn't be having a shot on goal, let alone scoring from it. When the ball comes in he beats three defenders to score.

Wish I could be like David Watts

Just back (on the train at Euston) on 08:46 - Dec 15 with 1443 viewsWoodlaneR

Just back (on the train at Euston) on 08:28 - Dec 15 by DesertBoot

Ince really shouldn't be having a shot on goal, let alone scoring from it. When the ball comes in he beats three defenders to score.

Agree with most of the above. I thought we controlled the game and looked tidy in possession without having any kind of goal threat. The crowd stayed with the team after we went one down which was good although some were getting frustrated with the slow build up and backward passes throughout the game. It was slow sometimes but again I think this was down to a lack of width. No point in passing into a congested midfield if you can wait for a bit of space to open up or launch long to Washington which he is not going to win in the air. I thought Perch had a really good game, other than the goal coming from his side. Yeni was frustrating......not wanting to take on his man at any time. Overall considering the form and confidence of both teams I thought we played well. Anyone else here those gunshot like sounds.......? Freaked me out for 5mins!
Just back (on the train at Euston) on 08:59 - Dec 15 with 1413 viewsToast_R

Just back (on the train at Euston) on 23:22 - Dec 14 by Brightonhoop

What's it all about?
Just back (on the train at Euston) on 09:10 - Dec 15 with 1380 views1MoreBrightonR

I kind of agree with the sentiment that no one played great but no one played badly either. We looked like we might sneak the win when they scored...but being QPR, i also always thought we may lose one nil. In the build up to their goal, we suddenly backed off, gave them space and stopped marking and we were screaming at them to close them down. very frustrating, especially as we had defended pretty well.

Derby were pretty unimpressive, though we certainly were as good as them in a lot of areas. They passed it around nicely but rarely put us under much pressure and seemed to sit back a lot which suprised me.

We need to threaten the goal more....we basically have one decent chance again, which we often dont take. When we had Austin, we took that chance and with our defence, then we cant afford to play like that.
Just back (on the train at Euston) on 09:52 - Dec 15 with 1272 viewsPinnerPaul

Just back (on the train at Euston) on 07:13 - Dec 15 by daveB

I thought we played really well, I get the calls for Shodipo to start but not sure he'd have made the same impact from the start, against tired defenders he ran riot.

I thought Holloway got the tactics right and really we should have won the game, how we managed to lose it is beyond me.

Cousins, Hall and Perch were all excellent last night, I thought Washington did well up front as well.

Agree with most of that and others, but can't agree Gladwin for Chery was the correct call.
Just back (on the train at Euston) on 11:46 - Dec 15 with 1134 viewsterryb

A far better performance & very unjust that we lost, but I've seen us win games that we shouldn't have!

I thought that was Cousins best game for us & we were in no danger until he went off injured. It was also one of Perch's best games. That also applied to Bidwell.

I might be in the minority, but I like Hall in the holding midfield role. I feel that he covers more ground than Henry or Sandro do in that role & his passing is far better than I expected.

However, I do wonder if as a team we are helped by playing this system of one in front of a back four? To fit this system you have to sacrifice width & we are not terchnically capable of creating chances through a narrow channel. There was not one clear cut scoring chance for us last night, but that wasn't due to playing badly or a lack of effort.

It was good to see the supporters that were still there at the final whistle applaud the players & it looked as if it was appreciated.

Will we continue this improvement on Sunday, or will we revert to the standard of the previous games?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024