Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ollie play your best team ffs 18:20 - Apr 17 with 7707 viewsessextaxiboy

Dont experiment until we are actually safe as in "cant go down " .We will probably be ok but you eat into your own goodwill in the bank by this brinksmanship . Changing a third of the team every game and again half way through is madness . You and your team switched off too early and now cant switch back on .

ETB
Ollie play your best team ffs on 18:48 - Apr 17 with 4709 viewsRangersw12

Didn't he more or less play best team at Bristol ?

I'm not fussed about him trying new things but with the fanbase the way it is now, he will need to start next season well before the usual divs hound him out
Ollie play your best team ffs on 18:54 - Apr 17 with 4666 views2Thomas2Bowles

What is our best team

I take it you would feel in would include Furlong Hill and the chief

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Ollie play your best team ffs on 18:58 - Apr 17 with 4641 viewsQPR_John

Ollie play your best team ffs on 18:48 - Apr 17 by Rangersw12

Didn't he more or less play best team at Bristol ?

I'm not fussed about him trying new things but with the fanbase the way it is now, he will need to start next season well before the usual divs hound him out

You clearly think he is doing a great job especially as you considered those that criticise him as divs. What is your criteria for judging a manager.
Ollie play your best team ffs on 19:12 - Apr 17 with 4585 viewsessextaxiboy

Ollie play your best team ffs on 18:54 - Apr 17 by 2Thomas2Bowles

What is our best team

I take it you would feel in would include Furlong Hill and the chief

Firstly I can take you back many years on this board when I together with Smiffy backed Ollie against BostonR and his two sidekicks so when I criticise him it is with a heavy heart . I love the bloke.

We are not safe mathematically and however unlikely it is we have seen this club throw the form book away and fck themselves over. time and again

Play a right back at right back Furlong if you think he can cope Perch if
not , play one Left Back not two , play Smith and Washington the combo that played in the winning run . Why select Petrasso and play him in that role ?

I dont think we will be in trouble but he is taking the goodwill that he enjoys for granted IMO
[Post edited 17 Apr 2017 19:13]
Ollie play your best team ffs on 19:14 - Apr 17 with 4576 viewsPunteR

Ollie play your best team ffs on 18:58 - Apr 17 by QPR_John

You clearly think he is doing a great job especially as you considered those that criticise him as divs. What is your criteria for judging a manager.

Obviously not speaking for Rangersw12 but I would at least give Ollie another season to judge him on. Not getting relegated is a starting point.
We've all seen the potential we have. I wouldn't right this team off just yet.
I much prefer this squad of players than the mercenary bunch we've had before.
Quite frankly I just can't be arsed to start calling for a new manager as it never,NEVER makes a blind bit of difference.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Ollie play your best team ffs on 19:21 - Apr 17 with 4516 viewsthame_hoops

Ollie play your best team ffs on 19:12 - Apr 17 by essextaxiboy

Firstly I can take you back many years on this board when I together with Smiffy backed Ollie against BostonR and his two sidekicks so when I criticise him it is with a heavy heart . I love the bloke.

We are not safe mathematically and however unlikely it is we have seen this club throw the form book away and fck themselves over. time and again

not , play one Left Back not two , play Smith and Washington the combo that played in the winning run . Why select Petrasso and play him in that role ?

I dont think we will be in trouble but he is taking the goodwill that he enjoys for granted IMO

Did I read that smiffy died a few years ago?
Ollie play your best team ffs on 19:21 - Apr 17 with 4516 viewssmegma

There's no space for sentimentality in this debate. Ollie is loved by thousands of us but he is not beyond criticism for the team selection for the last 5 games. It appears the only player that is safe is Smithies as every one else has been dropped/recalled at Ollies whim irrespective of form.
Ollie play your best team ffs on 19:23 - Apr 17 with 4509 viewsQPR_John

Ollie play your best team ffs on 19:14 - Apr 17 by PunteR

Obviously not speaking for Rangersw12 but I would at least give Ollie another season to judge him on. Not getting relegated is a starting point.
We've all seen the potential we have. I wouldn't right this team off just yet.
I much prefer this squad of players than the mercenary bunch we've had before.
Quite frankly I just can't be arsed to start calling for a new manager as it never,NEVER makes a blind bit of difference.

"We've all seen the potential we have. I wouldn't right this team off just yet.
I much prefer this squad of players than the mercenary bunch we've had before. "

Agree it is not the team that is the problem
[Post edited 17 Apr 2017 19:24]
Login to get fewer ads

Ollie play your best team ffs on 19:27 - Apr 17 with 4475 viewssmegma

Ollie play your best team ffs on 19:21 - Apr 17 by thame_hoops

Did I read that smiffy died a few years ago?

Yes. About 7 years ago I think.
Ollie play your best team ffs on 19:34 - Apr 17 with 4424 viewsted_hendrix

Ollie play your best team ffs on 19:21 - Apr 17 by smegma

There's no space for sentimentality in this debate. Ollie is loved by thousands of us but he is not beyond criticism for the team selection for the last 5 games. It appears the only player that is safe is Smithies as every one else has been dropped/recalled at Ollies whim irrespective of form.

Apparently I'm starting on Saturday at Brentford as an overlapping left sided wing back, just my luck to get bloody well subbed at half time.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Ollie play your best team ffs on 19:39 - Apr 17 with 4394 viewsdaveB

What is the best team then? Looks to me that when fit Smithies, Hall, Onuoha, Luongo, Manning, and Freeman have to start and that happens most games, other than that could pick any of them and I don't think it makes a huge difference to the side. Was a more than decent side that started today and they played pretty well against a much better team and deserved a point
Ollie play your best team ffs on 19:40 - Apr 17 with 4381 viewsRangersw12

Ollie play your best team ffs on 18:58 - Apr 17 by QPR_John

No I call people who want another manager sacked divs

Holloway isn't beyond criticism and frankly his selections have been bizarre in the last few games but I seem to remember people moaning at JFH for playing same team this time last year and moaning he didn't experiment enough so you can't win

Holloway will know alot about the squad in the last 5 games and I would expect a few changes going forward especially in defence
Ollie play your best team ffs on 19:47 - Apr 17 with 4332 viewsessextaxiboy

Ollie play your best team ffs on 19:39 - Apr 17 by daveB

What is the best team then? Looks to me that when fit Smithies, Hall, Onuoha, Luongo, Manning, and Freeman have to start and that happens most games, other than that could pick any of them and I don't think it makes a huge difference to the side. Was a more than decent side that started today and they played pretty well against a much better team and deserved a point

The best team doesnt mean the 11 best players at the club but the best combination of those available . I didnt think he has been doing that or did it today ...IMO
Ollie play your best team ffs on 19:48 - Apr 17 with 4328 viewsdaveB

Ollie play your best team ffs on 19:47 - Apr 17 by essextaxiboy

The best team doesnt mean the 11 best players at the club but the best combination of those available . I didnt think he has been doing that or did it today ...IMO

whats the best combination then?
Ollie play your best team ffs on 19:48 - Apr 17 with 4318 viewsBostonR

Bringing Holloway back was a backward step on so many fronts. His record since returning is poor and the style of play is back to bloody hoofball! Tinkering with the team and not playing your best side is criminal (I dont see Brentford doing it and they have nothing to play for).
His comments after games are banal and wayward and shows he is best suited to a pundit role. The game plan appears to be around conceding first and then making changes at 70mins to throw the "kitchen sink" at the oppo. He was to blame for the debacle at home to Burton, he let Brighton off the hook last week and today he picked a shambles of a team to play an ordinary Sheff Wed. Sorry, he is so out of his depth it is not funny and shite to watch.
Ollie play your best team ffs on 19:49 - Apr 17 with 4309 viewsToast_R

Couldn't work it out today and annoyed Holloway threw away another opportunity to get points with a half baked team selection. The defence was all over the place and predictably couldn't cope with balls in around the box and conceded twice what were soft goals. The team didnt have enough about them to get a goal second half as since Cherry left, we don't appear to possess one player capable of shooting for goal. Piss poor. Sheff Wed - not that impressive, just went about their business, cheating a bit and delivering good set pieces. Doing the basics well is enough to beat QPR at the moment. Had Holloway picked a likewise agressive team intent on attacking from the off, LuaLua, Pavel and Furlong going forward, surely it would have weilded far better football. Getting beat at home by some bang average teams under Holloway and his team selection a major factor in it.
[Post edited 17 Apr 2017 19:52]
Ollie play your best team ffs on 19:52 - Apr 17 with 4280 views2Thomas2Bowles

Look, results have been disappointing but out of the last 5 games only 2 Derby and Bristol were we not up for it, I think while the results have not gone our way, we have competed and been a fair bit unlucky to lose 5 on the bounce

Can you honestly say they were all down to Ollie, today we got done but having 3 of our best players out with no cover for Hill or the chief and then only bu the odd goal, bot a thrashing

Sure Ollie has been changing the team about with both good and poor results

Last game against Bristol, he put out whay I guess many would think near to our best side and we lost
Funny old game innit

I'm not happy that we are still not clear of relegation but I don't think we are a bad side or have a bad manager.
[Post edited 17 Apr 2017 19:57]

Ollie play your best team ffs on 19:55 - Apr 17 with 4254 viewsQPR_John

Ollie play your best team ffs on 19:40 - Apr 17 by Rangersw12

No I call people who want another manager sacked divs

Holloway isn't beyond criticism and frankly his selections have been bizarre in the last few games but I seem to remember people moaning at JFH for playing same team this time last year and moaning he didn't experiment enough so you can't win

Holloway will know alot about the squad in the last 5 games and I would expect a few changes going forward especially in defence

"Holloway will know alot about the squad in the last 5 games and I would expect a few changes going forward especially in defence"

I think this was his greatest mistake in using the last five games to experiment. No professional should have gambled on being safe and thus experiment on 50 points with 8 games still to play
Ollie play your best team ffs on 19:55 - Apr 17 with 4251 viewsdaveB

Ollie play your best team ffs on 19:48 - Apr 17 by BostonR

Bringing Holloway back was a backward step on so many fronts. His record since returning is poor and the style of play is back to bloody hoofball! Tinkering with the team and not playing your best side is criminal (I dont see Brentford doing it and they have nothing to play for).
His comments after games are banal and wayward and shows he is best suited to a pundit role. The game plan appears to be around conceding first and then making changes at 70mins to throw the "kitchen sink" at the oppo. He was to blame for the debacle at home to Burton, he let Brighton off the hook last week and today he picked a shambles of a team to play an ordinary Sheff Wed. Sorry, he is so out of his depth it is not funny and shite to watch.

What is the best side then that he should be picking?
Ollie play your best team ffs on 20:02 - Apr 17 with 4193 viewsRangersw12

Ollie play your best team ffs on 19:55 - Apr 17 by QPR_John

"Holloway will know alot about the squad in the last 5 games and I would expect a few changes going forward especially in defence"

I think this was his greatest mistake in using the last five games to experiment. No professional should have gambled on being safe and thus experiment on 50 points with 8 games still to play

Surely better to know about the squad now in dead rubbers than next season ?

Also its not as if he's been putting out the youth team and we could easily of got draws in the majority of the defeats in the last 5 games
Ollie play your best team ffs on 20:02 - Apr 17 with 4191 views2Thomas2Bowles

Change the fecking record, you only post when we lose as Clive pointed out the other day and your hatred for IH has no bounds as you have proved for years.

It's clear you take great joy at the team losing, after all who could forget the guy that wished his team would lose.
[Post edited 17 Apr 2017 20:05]

Ollie play your best team ffs on 20:06 - Apr 17 with 4165 viewsRangersw12

is this a copy and paste from 2002 ?
Ollie play your best team ffs on 20:08 - Apr 17 with 4148 views2Thomas2Bowles

Ollie play your best team ffs on 20:06 - Apr 17 by Rangersw12

is this a copy and paste from 2002 ?

It's the only song he knows.

Ollie play your best team ffs on 20:09 - Apr 17 with 4141 viewsQPR_John

Ollie play your best team ffs on 20:02 - Apr 17 by Rangersw12

Surely better to know about the squad now in dead rubbers than next season ?

Also its not as if he's been putting out the youth team and we could easily of got draws in the majority of the defeats in the last 5 games

"Surely better to know about the squad now in dead rubbers than next season ? "

That is where we will have to agree to differ. 50 points with 8 games to go does not make it obvious those games are dead rubbers
Ollie play your best team ffs on 20:10 - Apr 17 with 4133 viewsBostonR

Ollie play your best team ffs on 19:55 - Apr 17 by daveB

What is the best side then that he should be picking?

Today, he could have gone for it with:
Smithies
Perch Lynch Bidwell
Goss
LuaLua Freeman Luongo Wszolek
Washington Smith
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024