Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Yeni 11:49 - Jul 18 with 3582 viewsconnell10

Available if rangers get the right offer according to the west london paper. Id keep myself.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Yeni on 11:52 - Jul 18 with 2657 viewsGloucs_R

One of those players that doesnt really fit into any system.

Not a winger
Not a striker
Not a CM

Poll: Are we staying up?

Yeni on 12:00 - Jul 18 with 2623 viewssimmo

The West London paper?

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Yeni on 12:08 - Jul 18 with 2576 viewsdaveB

I imagine most players in the squad are available if we get a good offer in for them, same at every club.

I'm not quite sure where his best position is yet, has looked ok out wide and in the middle
Yeni on 12:16 - Jul 18 with 2528 viewsflynnbo

Despite backing Holloway in the past, if the rumours are true about him looking to offload Sylla and Yeni and he keeps playing that immobile lump in Mat Smith from the start then he will have lost my support.
Yeni on 12:17 - Jul 18 with 2518 views2Thomas2Bowles

All players are for sale

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Yeni on 12:22 - Jul 18 with 2488 viewsconnell10

Yeni on 12:00 - Jul 18 by simmo

The West London paper?

Get west london is the name of the paper, i read it on news now.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Yeni on 12:31 - Jul 18 with 2432 viewsdanehoop

Yeni on 12:22 - Jul 18 by connell10

Not regarded as a credible source for much to be honest. More clickbait than real journalism

Never knowingly understood

Yeni on 12:31 - Jul 18 with 2429 viewsRBlock

Ropey old nonsense clickbait rag.
Login to get fewer ads

Yeni on 12:32 - Jul 18 with 2422 viewssimmo

Ah OK. Were there any actual quotes, that thing is usually click-bait crap.

There will always be conjecture as DaveB says, especially as we're clearly a selling club. Personally I would like to keep Yeni, think he could have a big season for us now the previous issues are behind him. Also plays 2-3 positions which Olly keeps saying he wants...

Yeni on 12:35 - Jul 18 with 2400 viewsJeff

Another one of those players that hasn't had a solid, consistent run in the team, in the same position, be it through injury, bereavement, or being out of favour, or only playing 20 minutes from the bench.

There's clearly a talented player there, and we've seen glimpses of it, but as someone mentioned, firstly is he an 'out and out winger', an 'inside forward' a 'number 10' or what? and maybe even more importantly, secondly does he 'fit' into whatever system we're planning on playing?

I fear that he's going to become the next player in line that was actually a good signing in terms of age, price, ability, potential etc., but will be shipped out branded a failure because we never actually used them correctly.

Which in itself possibly raises a bigger question of whether we as a club buy the 'player' or buy for the 'position'?

Can we not knock it?

Yeni on 12:51 - Jul 18 with 2318 viewsGloucs_R

Yeni on 12:35 - Jul 18 by Jeff

Another one of those players that hasn't had a solid, consistent run in the team, in the same position, be it through injury, bereavement, or being out of favour, or only playing 20 minutes from the bench.

There's clearly a talented player there, and we've seen glimpses of it, but as someone mentioned, firstly is he an 'out and out winger', an 'inside forward' a 'number 10' or what? and maybe even more importantly, secondly does he 'fit' into whatever system we're planning on playing?

I fear that he's going to become the next player in line that was actually a good signing in terms of age, price, ability, potential etc., but will be shipped out branded a failure because we never actually used them correctly.

Which in itself possibly raises a bigger question of whether we as a club buy the 'player' or buy for the 'position'?

What system did we play against Pboro? Does anyone know?

Poll: Are we staying up?

Yeni on 12:54 - Jul 18 with 2300 viewssimmo

Yeni on 12:51 - Jul 18 by Gloucs_R

All of them.

Yeni on 13:02 - Jul 18 with 2266 viewsdaveB

Yeni on 12:51 - Jul 18 by Gloucs_R

4-2-3-1

Yenni played in the middle behind Smith with Washington and Mackie starting out wide
Yeni on 13:09 - Jul 18 with 2227 viewsdavman

Put yourself in Borysiuk, Yeni and Sylla's position (and Pav's too...). I bet all of them want to feel wanted and to feel part of the club. They were probably told when they joined that they would be an integral part of the team. If they were, I think we'd be a much better team because of this.

OK, they need settling in time, but more than anything they need to be playing in a settled role in a settled team. Neither JFH nor Ollie has given any of them this opportunity. Just my opinion, but I think that all three (four) should be good enough to be first choice in their positions, but Ollie especially doesn't seem to think so. Yeni wide right, Sylla through the middle, Pav wide left and the Little Mermaid in the middle of the park. Not many better imo...

I am hoping that this is nothing to do with the language barrier; if we're going to sign non-English speakers, then something has to be in place within the club to help them to understand what the manager wants; if not, waste of time signing non-english speakers.
[Post edited 18 Jul 2017 14:29]

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Yeni on 13:11 - Jul 18 with 2214 viewsDorse

Yeni on 12:54 - Jul 18 by simmo

All of them.

All of them? Even the 'Christmas Tree', 'Pointy Stick', the 'Roaring Of The Lions' and the 'Sink Plunger'?

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Yeni on 13:12 - Jul 18 with 2213 viewsRBlock

Yeni on 13:09 - Jul 18 by davman

Put yourself in Borysiuk, Yeni and Sylla's position (and Pav's too...). I bet all of them want to feel wanted and to feel part of the club. They were probably told when they joined that they would be an integral part of the team. If they were, I think we'd be a much better team because of this.

OK, they need settling in time, but more than anything they need to be playing in a settled role in a settled team. Neither JFH nor Ollie has given any of them this opportunity. Just my opinion, but I think that all three (four) should be good enough to be first choice in their positions, but Ollie especially doesn't seem to think so. Yeni wide right, Sylla through the middle, Pav wide left and the Little Mermaid in the middle of the park. Not many better imo...

I am hoping that this is nothing to do with the language barrier; if we're going to sign non-English speakers, then something has to be in place within the club to help them to understand what the manager wants; if not, waste of time signing non-english speakers.

Agree with the vast majority of this. However I don't know what you've seen from Ariel to indicate he gets in above Freeman, Luongo, Manning, or Scowen, in the middle of the park. I like Borysiuk and want to keep him, but he doesn't start for me at the moment.
Yeni on 13:27 - Jul 18 with 2145 viewsdaveB

Yeni on 13:09 - Jul 18 by davman

in fairness Pavel and Yenni both had bereavements last season so missed a lot of games due to that and were both involved a lot under Holloway when available.
Yeni on 13:46 - Jul 18 with 2072 viewsWatford_Ranger

What position is he meant to be best at?

I don't think any of our strikers have much hope playing alone up top so I can't see us playing with any sort of Chery-style 'number 10'. Can't really see him doing much on the wing so is he competing with Washington to be the little man striker?
Yeni on 13:56 - Jul 18 with 2037 viewsNorthernr

1 - Probably clikcbait rubbish if it's on that site
2 - All our players are for sale at the right price
3 - As previously said, we've got to get out of this cycle of new manager ripping the squad apart every transfer window. He hasn't had anything like a run of games, let alone a run of games in his correct position. Same with Borysiuk, Sylla, Shodipo.
4 - That "I want the French lads to run around a bit more" comment still jars with me.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Yeni on 14:03 - Jul 18 with 1998 viewsTacticalR

@Northernr '3 - As previously said, we've got to get out of this cycle of new manager ripping the squad apart every transfer window.'

One thing we don't know is whether Holloway's surgery on the squad in the middle of last season was part of the old cycle of new manager ripping the squad apart every transfer window because that's what managers do, or part of a new cycle of ripping the squad apart every transfer window due to financial necessity.

Air hostess clique

Yeni on 14:30 - Jul 18 with 1936 viewsdavman

Yeni on 13:27 - Jul 18 by daveB

in fairness Pavel and Yenni both had bereavements last season so missed a lot of games due to that and were both involved a lot under Holloway when available.

Yep, but not as out and out wingers; they seemed to play somewhere different every game! I seem to remember Pav turning up as a right back in a couple!

Can we go out yet?

Yeni on 14:32 - Jul 18 with 1925 viewsdavman

Yeni on 13:12 - Jul 18 by RBlock

Agree with the vast majority of this. However I don't know what you've seen from Ariel to indicate he gets in above Freeman, Luongo, Manning, or Scowen, in the middle of the park. I like Borysiuk and want to keep him, but he doesn't start for me at the moment.

Maybe you're right on Borysiuk, but from what I have seen (again, just my opinion), he's no worse than Manning or Luongo as a deep lying defensive midfielder, both of whom have played in that role at times...

I still think he deserved more chances.

Can we go out yet?

Yeni on 14:58 - Jul 18 with 1872 viewsNorthernr

Yeni on 14:32 - Jul 18 by davman

Maybe you're right on Borysiuk, but from what I have seen (again, just my opinion), he's no worse than Manning or Luongo as a deep lying defensive midfielder, both of whom have played in that role at times...

I still think he deserved more chances.

I haven't thought much to Borysiuk to be honest - Freeman, Luongo and Manning all came in and made an immediate impact in the same position. However, and I always said this about Gladwin too, how can you tell so soon? He's made eight league starts for us - new country, new league, coming from Poland. And that's it, written off. QPR are still bloody terrible for this. If we are now skint we can't be affording to bring players in (even if they're free there will be a signing on fee and we're committing to a wage for the play) and then just bomb them out after eight games because we've changed manager or the fans don't like him or whatever. I'm not sure about any of the players we signed from abroad last summer yet, I'm looking forward to forming judgements in their second season, but before we've even got there we've apparently decided Borysiuk and Yeni can go.

We treat our footballers like Primark jumpers. Ah that one faded a bit because I washed it on the wrong temperature, no matter I'll just go and buy another one. It's got to stop.
Yeni on 15:04 - Jul 18 with 1850 viewsdaveB

didn't Holloway say the other day that Borysiuk might end up staying
Yeni on 18:23 - Jul 18 with 1660 viewsstevenagehoop

Yeni on 15:04 - Jul 18 by daveB

didn't Holloway say the other day that Borysiuk might end up staying

Trouble is Holloway changes his mind on whether players are any good all the time.

I never lie but I don't always tell the truth

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024