Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What 03:59 - Jul 19 with 990 viewsBoston

....is Charlie Magri up to these days? He came into the Preston pub in Wembley, must have been '79, seemed ok, easy to chat to, though had a few nasty types in the entourage.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

What on 13:23 - Jul 19 with 831 viewsNoDiddley

Spent a lot of time 'courting' in that pub along with the Windermere. Ended up marrying a girl fro
Woodcock Hill & 40 years later we're still together.
We ended up in Bow & I used to see Charlie pounding the pavements around the early 80s also saw him fight due the European title at Wembley. He had a sports shop in Bethnal Green years back but I've not heard anything else.
Thanks for the memories 🙄
What on 15:03 - Jul 19 with 755 viewsBoston

What on 13:23 - Jul 19 by NoDiddley

Spent a lot of time 'courting' in that pub along with the Windermere. Ended up marrying a girl fro
Woodcock Hill & 40 years later we're still together.
We ended up in Bow & I used to see Charlie pounding the pavements around the early 80s also saw him fight due the European title at Wembley. He had a sports shop in Bethnal Green years back but I've not heard anything else.
Thanks for the memories 🙄

Preston still a boozer, but a touch poncey and more geared up for dinner than drinks. The Windermere, you would think you'd stepped into a time warp going through the door, barring a couple of tv's and a change of carpet, it's still 1977 in there, which is why I usually frequent the place when I'm in town. The other attraction is the Rangers fans found within its doors, one who has only missed a single home fixture since 1976.
We probably crossed paths, may even have bumped into each other?
[Post edited 19 Jul 2017 16:25]

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024