Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Midfield 23:15 - Sep 12 with 1354 viewsozranger

My belief is that this was a big problem in the first half. Our boys were out-muscled and shocked by their physicality in the opening 20 minutes and struggled to get back into the game in the first half. Irrelevant of Gregory's send off, I think Ollie would have fixed the problem in the second half. Perhaps, in hindsight, this was a game for Manning instead of Scowen. However, come the second half there was evident a difference between those in the midfield three. Luongo showed he wanted to run the show, always wanting the ball and trying to distribute it everywhere. Freeman went right and made some poor, what could be considered rookie style, decisions. Scowen was a bit better. When there was a need for a leader and of the three, Luongo showed that. Of those on the pitch, I would have given him MoM for our team.

I also felt there was a problem with the other part of the midfield. Wsolek was quite poor with his crossing throughout and I was surprised that he wasn't subbed. He seems to lack the confidence we saw last season. A goal for him would do him a world of good. Bidwell tried his best in attack but still a lack of good crosses did not help us at all.

Otherwise, good that we did not lose and quite an exciting finish.
Midfield on 23:26 - Sep 12 with 1296 viewsbob566

Really feel for manning. Gone from 90 minutes to 0 minutes
Midfield on 23:29 - Sep 12 with 1267 viewsAntti_Heinola

Wasn't the midfield, it was the whole team for the first 40 mins. No one had a grip, no one was getting the better of their opposite number.
Feel for Manning, but he ain't better than those three, and certainly would not be putting him in for the excellent Scowen.

Bare bones.

Midfield on 23:54 - Sep 12 with 1153 viewsbosh67

Tough game tonight and also feel for Manning who is such a good player. But so impressed with Scowen, such an engine ion him. Always showing for the ball, always carrying, always in for the tackle. Luongo so much better and... has really learnt to shoot. He will score some goals. Freeman, best feet at the club since Adel.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Midfield on 14:03 - Sep 13 with 885 viewsenfieldargh

Midfield on 23:54 - Sep 12 by bosh67

Tough game tonight and also feel for Manning who is such a good player. But so impressed with Scowen, such an engine ion him. Always showing for the ball, always carrying, always in for the tackle. Luongo so much better and... has really learnt to shoot. He will score some goals. Freeman, best feet at the club since Adel.

Tough to judge him on the Brentford performance where more senior players were guilty of poor performances.

The Brentford game I felt he was being to cautious as opposed to how he was last season. Last season his first instinct was to move or pass forward, make space for himself and move. Against Brentford he had definitely caught the old QPR bug of diminishing responsibility.

He will get his chance again this season and I'm sure he will be better for it

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Midfield on 14:20 - Sep 13 with 853 viewsfrancisbowles

The way our defenders are dropping like flies his chance may come as a lwb as our back three will be Baptiste, Robinson and Bidwell.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024