Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
In all seriousness 11:06 - Mar 14 with 5099 viewspeejaybee

How do we hope to keep any if not all our upcoming young players from being enticed away by the so called Big Boys.

If at first you dont succeed, pack up and f**k off home.

In all seriousness on 11:12 - Mar 14 with 3357 viewsQPR_John

If we can't then we might as well give up now. Cannot buy ready made players because of FFP and cannot hold on to young players.
In all seriousness on 11:14 - Mar 14 with 3347 viewsaston_hoop

Much like the Everton/Bowler situation, if someone offers us good millions for a player with minimal first team experience then we are in no financial position to turn it down as much as everyone at the club would probably want to....well I guess anyway.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

In all seriousness on 11:19 - Mar 14 with 3324 viewstoboboly

In all seriousness on 11:12 - Mar 14 by QPR_John

If we can't then we might as well give up now. Cannot buy ready made players because of FFP and cannot hold on to young players.

But surely this is the point of bringing the young kids through and the way we beat FFP?

We get in a load of kids/journeyman/has beens and develop/use them until we can sell them on for a profit. We are now the Oakland A's in Moneyball.

The youngsters playing often and well will also encourage others to come to us cos they know we are a stepping stone.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

In all seriousness on 11:24 - Mar 14 with 3295 viewsMaggsinho

In all seriousness on 11:19 - Mar 14 by toboboly

But surely this is the point of bringing the young kids through and the way we beat FFP?

We get in a load of kids/journeyman/has beens and develop/use them until we can sell them on for a profit. We are now the Oakland A's in Moneyball.

The youngsters playing often and well will also encourage others to come to us cos they know we are a stepping stone.

Beat me too it, I would invert QPR_John's argument and say that if we can't eventually sell our current crop of youngsters then we might as well give up.

I'm not advocating a fire-sale of eveyrone all at the same time but a managed process of developing players, having ready made replacements either developed or scouted in advance of them being sold for a profit is the way forward to becoming a sustainable and self sufficient club.
In all seriousness on 11:25 - Mar 14 with 3291 viewsQPR_John

In all seriousness on 11:19 - Mar 14 by toboboly

But we are talking about players who have only been in the first team for ten minutes. Bringing in players for a couple of seasons, even one, and selling at a profit is great we have got some use out of them. However developing a player and selling afte a few games is not sustainable
In all seriousness on 11:29 - Mar 14 with 3257 viewsQPR_John

In all seriousness on 11:24 - Mar 14 by Maggsinho

Beat me too it, I would invert QPR_John's argument and say that if we can't eventually sell our current crop of youngsters then we might as well give up.

I'm not advocating a fire-sale of eveyrone all at the same time but a managed process of developing players, having ready made replacements either developed or scouted in advance of them being sold for a profit is the way forward to becoming a sustainable and self sufficient club.

Selling eventually is great my argument is that developing players only to sell after a few first team games is not sustainable
In all seriousness on 11:33 - Mar 14 with 3229 viewsMaggsinho

In all seriousness on 11:29 - Mar 14 by QPR_John

Selling eventually is great my argument is that developing players only to sell after a few first team games is not sustainable

I'd agree with that, I'd be disappointed to see any of Manning, Smyth or Eze sold this summer.
In all seriousness on 11:38 - Mar 14 with 3206 viewsbosh67

I suspect that Ned may move on at the end of the season. Would love him to stay but the reality is that he can earn a lot more in his remaining playing years away from here and he has been a good servant to us. JET will be gone and I suspect that Cousins will move on too which will save a lot of money and Cousins will go for near what we paid for him. We will do well to retain Robinson and Freeman as Robinson has already attracted attention and is out of contract soon and Freeman would go for good money. Even Luongo will be hard to keep if others come in.

I think we can resist offers for younger players if agents don't get above their stations but I suspect we will see wholesale changes with some of the senior players leaving and that means next season we may well see a lot more youngsters coming through.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Login to get fewer ads

In all seriousness on 11:55 - Mar 14 with 3145 viewstimcocking

It's a worry. I'll be disappointed to lose Chief and Jack Robinson as well.
In all seriousness on 11:57 - Mar 14 with 3134 viewsNov77

they've played a handful of games each, none of them have proved anything yet.

one decent win and all of a sudden the 'big boys' are going to take them away?

ridiculous.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

In all seriousness on 11:58 - Mar 14 with 3133 viewsenfieldargh

If Bowler went for 4 Million having played 45 minutes then Eze has got to be 8-10 up

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

In all seriousness on 12:14 - Mar 14 with 3075 views00calben

In all seriousness on 11:57 - Mar 14 by Nov77

ridiculous.

Exactly. There's no chance of anyone coming in for them this summer.

I imagine Freeman will be a target of a couple of clubs, his assist stats alone won't have gone unnoticed. Smithies should also be a target for any Champ or lower prem club needing a keeper.
In all seriousness on 12:30 - Mar 14 with 3040 views2Thomas2Bowles

Every player is for sale at the right price.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

In all seriousness on 12:45 - Mar 14 with 2982 viewsngbqpr

Sir* / Evil* Les (*delete according to prejudice) has often talked of returning to the old QPR model.

So...Sinton / Sinclair is surely the best example to look at?

(disclaimer: this relates to the profit made on Sinton being partially invested in the equally talented Sinclair but NOT the 'worst deal of the century' when Trev went to WHU)

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

In all seriousness on 12:51 - Mar 14 with 2950 viewstimcocking

In all seriousness on 11:57 - Mar 14 by Nov77

ridiculous.

Doesnt have to be the big boys. Look what happened last year with the fella who went to Everton having played about 10 minutes for us.

Any premier league team can, at any time, take any of our young players basically.

So not really that ridiculous.
In all seriousness on 12:54 - Mar 14 with 2936 views2Thomas2Bowles

Sterling, Parret did not play a first-team game.

In all seriousness on 12:55 - Mar 14 with 2927 viewstoboboly

In all seriousness on 11:25 - Mar 14 by QPR_John

But we are talking about players who have only been in the first team for ten minutes. Bringing in players for a couple of seasons, even one, and selling at a profit is great we have got some use out of them. However developing a player and selling afte a few games is not sustainable

Bowler was sold after 30 minutes of first team football.

These kids are getting far more than that. As said above, we need to make a conveyor belt so we aren't suddenly empty with no-one able to play. But this is our future for quite awhile, and, I actually prefer it to watching an absolute shower of cnts like Bosw*nker et al sucking the life out of us.

In all seriousness on 13:12 - Mar 14 with 2838 viewsJohnMcCo

We have to be a selling club, it is the only way we can thrive. Josh Bowler to Everton for 4.25 million was the best bit of financial business that QPR have ever done, it was extraordinary really.

You would of course want promising players to stay a while though and the longer the better in some examples. I'm amazed given Manning's talent that he has not played more this season but bids for him and Eze would not surprise me one bit. It could be that Manning would be happy to leave given his lack of opportunities this season but I'd be amazed if Eze left, everyone at Wycombe seems to think he is very level headed and hopefully the powers that be will be using the example of Josh Bowler and his zero appearances in a struggling Everton team this season.

Spare a thought for Bowler, he doesn't even always make the under 23 team and his last 6 tweets are all retweets of people bigging up Eze, he may be our best weapon in keeping the lad a good while longer.
In all seriousness on 13:28 - Mar 14 with 2776 viewsstevec

In all seriousness on 12:30 - Mar 14 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Every player is for sale at the right price.

Clement, Gillard, Busby, Francis?

Why sell for a few million when promotion gets you around 150 million
In all seriousness on 13:31 - Mar 14 with 2758 viewspeejaybee

So we stay in the Championship finding and developing young players that could become very good players in a higher league how can we encourage them to stay with us to achieve that like maybe next season.???????????

If at first you dont succeed, pack up and f**k off home.

In all seriousness on 13:35 - Mar 14 with 2733 viewstoboboly

In all seriousness on 13:31 - Mar 14 by peejaybee

So we stay in the Championship finding and developing young players that could become very good players in a higher league how can we encourage them to stay with us to achieve that like maybe next season.???????????

I think that is part of the balancing act. Don't let too many leave at once so as to become uncompetitive. However If we get a decent offer then unless we are looking strong/in the playoffs at the end of January I imagine we will have to sell.

In all seriousness on 13:42 - Mar 14 with 2703 views2Thomas2Bowles

I'm sure every club at some point sales a player that would like to keep but it's not just down to the club.
I'm sure we would have liked to have kept CA but....
[Post edited 14 Mar 2018 13:50]

In all seriousness on 13:51 - Mar 14 with 2671 viewssmegma

In all seriousness on 11:58 - Mar 14 by enfieldargh

If Bowler went for 4 Million having played 45 minutes then Eze has got to be 8-10 up

I saw bowler play just before Christmas. He came on as a sub for 13 minutes for Everton reserves. Great career move.
In all seriousness on 14:00 - Mar 14 with 2634 viewsloftboy

An I point everyone in the direction of Clive’s match report, only Furlong of the youngsters that played last night came through their our youth teams, the others were aquired from other clubs and started in the under 23’s

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

In all seriousness on 14:13 - Mar 14 with 2591 viewsqueensparker

Don't think any of the kids will leave in the summer unless we get offered silly money, which seems unlikely. We'd be mad to cash in on Eze now given his clear potential

Sadly Robinson will definitely leave, he's the only one left on Prem money, has proved he can make it through almost a full season, and is a quality defender, someone will snap him up.

Of all the others I think Luongo will get the most interest - its not easy to find a box-to-box midfielder with an engine like that and I think I'm right in saying he has the most tackles of any midfielder in the league this season? He might not catch the eye like Freeman/Eze but I think he's been outstanding, we're going to really miss him. Still if we get a few million, then a decent profit and we've got Manning to try and step up on a regular basis.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024