Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A new BFG eases QPR's centre back issues - Signing 21:19 - Jul 1 with 4571 viewsNorthernr

Some insight from a Bundesliga 2 expert in here for yourselves...

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/48242
A new BFG eases QPR's centre back issues - Signing on 07:48 - Jul 2 with 4011 viewsenfieldargh

QPR fans are crazy

Im off to wash my socks in saurkraut and schneider-weisse

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

A new BFG eases QPR's centre back issues - Signing on 09:50 - Jul 2 with 3837 viewsBklynRanger

Completely missed this news until now - nice Monday morning lift!

He seems scarily ideal - also great to hear that Polter obviously still feels a great warmth for us - come back Seb!
A new BFG eases QPR's centre back issues - Signing on 10:20 - Jul 2 with 3789 viewsstevec

See we are after another centre back too, Trent Sainsburys or something?
A new BFG eases QPR's centre back issues - Signing on 10:30 - Jul 2 with 3769 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Thanks for the added info, Clive.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

A new BFG eases QPR's centre back issues - Signing on 12:46 - Jul 2 with 3555 viewssimmo

Not been on over the weekend but really pleased with this signing, it looks almost perfect on paper...

We've been talking about needing more 'Scowen' type signings with players coming out of contract that have been well researched and scouted not just for ability, but fit in the team and character-wise, and again it looks as though this one hits all the right notes.

A player in the position we need to strenghten most, with all the physical attributes we've been missing, with a track record of performing in a similar team but where QPR is still a step up. Once we get past the issue of relocation / settling in after moving countries, etc, it will be interesting to see how he does and if he can be part of the possession based - footballing team that Schteve is trying to cultivate. Has real potential to be one of those kind of QPR cult heroes.

Best of luck, Big Toni

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

A new BFG eases QPR's centre back issues - Signing on 05:23 - Jul 3 with 2891 viewsSydneyRs

A new BFG eases QPR's centre back issues - Signing on 10:20 - Jul 2 by stevec

He played for Australia at the world cup, looked decent enough.
A new BFG eases QPR's centre back issues - Signing on 07:15 - Jul 3 with 2858 viewsbillericaydicky

I heard this too. And just think of the huge amount of Nectar Points we’ll get if we sign him!
A new BFG eases QPR's centre back issues - Signing on 07:48 - Jul 3 with 2835 viewshubble

I thought we could only afford Tescos?

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Login to get fewer ads

A new BFG eases QPR's centre back issues - Signing on 08:30 - Jul 3 with 2809 viewsBlue_Castello

FWIW - There was another thread discussing centre back options and the general consensus was that he would be too expensive for our new wage structure, even with all the free Nectar points.

Think the BFG sounds exactly the sort we have been looking for in a very similar mould to Richard Dunne, hopefully, we now need a younger quicker centre back who has shown promise at a lower level. In an ideal world we would buy somebody who has already proved themselves in the Championship or similar level but we just don't have enough in the piggy bank.
A new BFG eases QPR's centre back issues - Signing on 11:04 - Jul 3 with 2693 viewsenfieldargh

Heard somewhere maybe on here that Robert Huth was of interest.

Ryan Nelson-ish

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

A new BFG eases QPR's centre back issues - Signing on 13:14 - Jul 3 with 2583 viewsGloryHunter

The name Trent is worrying - surely destined for Forest . . .
A new BFG eases QPR's centre back issues - Signing on 14:59 - Jul 3 with 2496 viewstimcocking

"Centre back was obviously a clear priority for QPR this summer, and probably remains so despite today’s addition of Toni Leistner."

Interestingly, the club made a point of coming out and saying (was it Les? MaClaren? Can't remember now) that with Grant Hall hopefully available as well, we probably won't be looking for any more centre backs now.

Hmmm. It makes this a particularly important signing i'd have thought, replacing a couple of our best players. If Grant Hall never gets fit again and this guy is pony, we'd be left with two ageing mediocre journeymen unless they look at Darnell or something.
A new BFG eases QPR's centre back issues - Signing on 15:00 - Jul 3 with 2494 viewstimcocking

I'm hoping the fact he is Seb's good mate is auspicious...
[Post edited 3 Jul 2018 15:01]
A new BFG eases QPR's centre back issues - Signing on 16:11 - Jul 3 with 2438 viewsEsox_Lucius

Der Chiropractor's job will be to re-arrange the back.

*I'll get my coat.

The grass is always greener.

A new BFG eases QPR's centre back issues - Signing on 11:28 - Jul 4 with 2165 viewsisawqpratwcity

Thanks, Clive. A decent report on an unexpected yet apparently promising signing.

Welcome Toni!

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024