Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Players ratings yesterday 19:50 - Nov 11 with 2366 viewsterryb

I've just seen the message board ratings for yesterday.

I'm not arguing with them at all, but I'm really struggling to know wehat score I would give to any of then.

For instance, Luke Freeman has the highest score. However, I thought he was the worst player on the pitch in the first half. He was then bordering on brilliant after we equalised!

So do you judge him on the first fifty minutes or the last forty? Mind you, they all improved come the second half, but not to the same extent.

As I say, I'm at a loss as to how to rate the players (and the team) when the two halves were so different.

Thankfully, it matters not one bit what we gave them. The only score that mattered was that we scored one more goal than them!
Players ratings yesterday on 19:54 - Nov 11 with 2340 viewsdaveB

First half I think most of the team were a 6/10, none of them were terrible but all of them could play better. For that 20 minute spell after half time they were all 9/10. We looked fantastic in that spell and blew them away.

Pawel motm for me, was outstanding all game but Eze had a 20 minute spell second half where he was on a different planet, He was Adel like in some of the stuff he was doing
Players ratings yesterday on 22:17 - Nov 11 with 2075 viewsRANGERS4EVER

Players ratings yesterday on 19:54 - Nov 11 by daveB

First half I think most of the team were a 6/10, none of them were terrible but all of them could play better. For that 20 minute spell after half time they were all 9/10. We looked fantastic in that spell and blew them away.

Pawel motm for me, was outstanding all game but Eze had a 20 minute spell second half where he was on a different planet, He was Adel like in some of the stuff he was doing

Unpopular opinion but for me Eze was the worst player on the pitch yesterday. Yes he won many fouls but in those situations he had so many opportunities to pass/shoot/go round the player. He didn't create much and he was extremely lazy in my opinion. Obviously love him, our best talent, but in games like that yesterday we need pure passion. I didn't see that. I saw Wszolek and Freeman busting a lung to win the ball and h strolling around. I would have taken him off , put BOS wide and Freeman middle. But at the end of the day we won so what do I know 😂😂
[Post edited 11 Nov 2018 22:18]

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

Players ratings yesterday on 22:27 - Nov 11 with 2037 viewsNortholt_Rs

Players ratings yesterday on 22:17 - Nov 11 by RANGERS4EVER

Unpopular opinion but for me Eze was the worst player on the pitch yesterday. Yes he won many fouls but in those situations he had so many opportunities to pass/shoot/go round the player. He didn't create much and he was extremely lazy in my opinion. Obviously love him, our best talent, but in games like that yesterday we need pure passion. I didn't see that. I saw Wszolek and Freeman busting a lung to win the ball and h strolling around. I would have taken him off , put BOS wide and Freeman middle. But at the end of the day we won so what do I know 😂😂

I’m with you in Eze - he was pony, did nowhere hear enough for the team. Pawel my MotM.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Players ratings yesterday on 22:29 - Nov 11 with 2032 viewsParkRoyalR

Players ratings yesterday on 22:17 - Nov 11 by RANGERS4EVER

Brentford fan I met after the game thought he was the best player on the park. Really don't get the Eze is lazy bit when fans seem happy for Matt Smith to jog on to the pitch for the last 10 minutes, stroll around like he's out for a Sunday afternoon walk, and yet he's never lazy.
Players ratings yesterday on 22:33 - Nov 11 with 2013 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I don't think Eze was lazy in the slightest. I think his touch was a small bit off and that he could have done with doing everything a millisecond quicker, but he caused them a lot of problems even while having an off-day by his very high standards.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Players ratings yesterday on 22:44 - Nov 11 with 1988 viewsdaveB

shows you we all see different games, I thought Eze was fantastic, the way he keeps hold off the ball holding off challenges and picks a team mate out with a pass, he doesn't play at 100 miles an hour but has so much quality. He also did the lone front man role well when Wells went off.

One moment yesterday was pure class when he held off two defenders and without looking picked out a beautiful ball over the full back for Pawel
Players ratings yesterday on 01:49 - Nov 12 with 1881 viewsBoston

It’s his gait. He has a different type of movement about him which leaves you with the impression he could do better if he got a move on. In fact it’s this posture which is unsettling to those playing against him, takes a while to appreciate his impact.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Players ratings yesterday on 03:09 - Nov 12 with 1865 viewsNov77

I’m in the camp that thinks Eze was poor, was surprised to see him stay on at the end when it was obvious we were just gonna try and keep them out, he offers nothing defensively.

There’s been a lot of hype about him and I’m far from convinced he’s as good as many people think he is.

Freeman had a shocker first half, but improved a lot second half.

Two centre halves were outstanding (again) as was Lumley, though is it too harsh to say he could of beat away the shot that led to their first goal to the side rather than straight back to their forward?

For me I’d say Wscoleck deserved MOTM, two of the goals came from him busting a gut down the
right hand side and that won us the game.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Login to get fewer ads

Players ratings yesterday on 08:47 - Nov 12 with 1723 viewsEsox_Lucius

Eze has no pace, and looking at how he runs, he never will. He isn't lazy by any definition of the word, it would be interesting to see his distance travelled during the game stats. He also doesn't head the ball, once on Saturday IIRC, and he doesn't fare well tackling opponents to regain possession.
Does this mean we should give up on him? of course not, the things that he does do well make him better than 90% of the other players in the Championship and he is a joy to watch when he is on the ball.
Teams have wised up to him a bit now as you see 2-3 players straight onto him whenever he is given the ball, yet most times he still retains possession and generally finds a team mate with a well weighted ball. We are very lucky to have pried him away from Millwall, as their fans will testify, and I hope we can hang on to him for at least the rest of his new contract, if not the next one.

The grass is always greener.

Players ratings yesterday on 08:51 - Nov 12 with 1717 viewsPinnerPaul

Terry - couldn't agree more. 1st half Luke just tried to complicate EVERYTHING and , as you say, most were guilty of giving the ball away for fun or trying an impossible pass.

2nd half Mass was 2 yards quicker, Cameron seemed everywhere and Pav, Freeman and Eze unplayable - like you I was struggling to assess each individual on the way home.
Players ratings yesterday on 08:52 - Nov 12 with 1714 viewsconnell10

Players ratings yesterday on 03:09 - Nov 12 by Nov77

I’m in the camp that thinks Eze was poor, was surprised to see him stay on at the end when it was obvious we were just gonna try and keep them out, he offers nothing defensively.

There’s been a lot of hype about him and I’m far from convinced he’s as good as many people think he is.

Freeman had a shocker first half, but improved a lot second half.

Two centre halves were outstanding (again) as was Lumley, though is it too harsh to say he could of beat away the shot that led to their first goal to the side rather than straight back to their forward?

For me I’d say Wscoleck deserved MOTM, two of the goals came from him busting a gut down the
right hand side and that won us the game.

Eze is by far one of our best players, over hyped come off it mate!His touch is sublime and the ball sticks to his foot! Great player who will go on to big things!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Players ratings yesterday on 09:09 - Nov 12 with 1691 viewsheadhoops

Pav for me was MOTM - had his defender on toast. Freeman overdid it first half whilst Mass did the labourers job very well. That switched second half as Freeman found top gear. The back four is a revelation compared to 10 games back - BFG was the pick of the bunch for me.
Eze has a languid style and I thought he did put a shift in, was always tracking back and closing down space if no crunching in - that was Cameron's job and he did it very effectively.
Harsh on Lumley for the first goal - we were sat in SAR next to the corner flag and the ball really moved a lot in the air - first save could have gone anywhere.
We really are starting to look more reassured, calm and in control. With Wells upfront we finally look like we can score at any time.

Poll: Remy - can he play in the playoffs - who's opening post is the best?

Players ratings yesterday on 09:58 - Nov 12 with 1641 viewsdaveB

Players ratings yesterday on 08:47 - Nov 12 by Esox_Lucius

Eze has no pace, and looking at how he runs, he never will. He isn't lazy by any definition of the word, it would be interesting to see his distance travelled during the game stats. He also doesn't head the ball, once on Saturday IIRC, and he doesn't fare well tackling opponents to regain possession.
Does this mean we should give up on him? of course not, the things that he does do well make him better than 90% of the other players in the Championship and he is a joy to watch when he is on the ball.
Teams have wised up to him a bit now as you see 2-3 players straight onto him whenever he is given the ball, yet most times he still retains possession and generally finds a team mate with a well weighted ball. We are very lucky to have pried him away from Millwall, as their fans will testify, and I hope we can hang on to him for at least the rest of his new contract, if not the next one.

He showed plenty of pace when he chased down Mepham near the end, gave a him a few yards start and almost beat him to the ball.

I'm clearly watching a different player, as ever with a flair player we spend too much time looking at what he can't do.
[Post edited 12 Nov 2018 10:19]
Players ratings yesterday on 10:00 - Nov 12 with 1632 viewssmegma

First half Luongo was the only one who played well. Cameron and Eze kept giving the ball away and we couldn't string 3 passes together. Second half we pressed them high up the pitch and the early goal gave us the confidence to rip them apart for the next 25 minutes. Second half every single player was outstanding.

Well done to McLaren and the coaches for whatever was said at half time as it obviously worked. I keep reading 'he's not a manager, he's a good coach'. Urban myth I'm afraid. If he hasn't been a good manager in the last 5 or 6 games why did he win Manager Of The Month ??
Players ratings yesterday on 10:12 - Nov 12 with 1623 viewsWadR

Agree with OP entirely re:Freeman. Uncharacteristically poor first half, including that mindless challenge through the back of someone. But excellent second.

Thought Eze's performance was interesting and certainly worth of both criticism and praise. There were some majestic touches and runs, and as always, he won a lot of freekicks when he was just too quick with his feet for the Brentford defence. Thought it said a lot that McClaren kept him on over Wells for the last 5, he's only 20 but our most composed player in tight spaces, holds the ball up well with his back to goal and has generally excellent decision making in possession. There's remarkable maturity to some facets of his game.

But, his passing was uncharacteristically wasteful (he's still got the highest pass completion in the squad over the whole season) and his timidity in 50/50s was very frustrating, bottled at least 2 of them.Plus, Brentford's midfield 3 are tidy footballers and when you afford them any time at all they can play round you and hurt you - I thought there were a few times when Eze switched off out of possession and Brentford were able to beat our press too easily and get a run at our defence because of it.

He's a special player though and a joy to watch even when he isn't 100% on his game.
[Post edited 12 Nov 2018 10:14]
Players ratings yesterday on 10:45 - Nov 12 with 1583 viewsDorse

Players ratings yesterday on 01:49 - Nov 12 by Boston

It’s his gait. He has a different type of movement about him which leaves you with the impression he could do better if he got a move on. In fact it’s this posture which is unsettling to those playing against him, takes a while to appreciate his impact.

Chris Waddle was a bit like that - he always looked a complete shambles but was still one of the best players of that generation.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Players ratings yesterday on 11:36 - Nov 12 with 1530 viewsHarbour

Yes Eze did give the ball away a few times as he was pressed by 2 Brentford players whenever he had it but he also won free kicks made some excellent passes also near the end he dribbled us out of trouble outside our box was a bit heart in the mouth moment but he did well...he is only 20 we expect a lot out of him...saw Cameron talking to him after he gave the ball away in an encouraging way . He is a real prospect glad SM got faith in him think we need to give him a bit slack. Pav my mom another fantastic performance from him deserves a lot of credit cannot see anyone getting his place in starting line up..
Players ratings yesterday on 12:38 - Nov 12 with 1447 viewsNov77

Players ratings yesterday on 10:45 - Nov 12 by Dorse

Chris Waddle was a bit like that - he always looked a complete shambles but was still one of the best players of that generation.

Waddle? I heard one guy recently on the podcast compare Eze to Gascoigne!
I've seen all our number 10s (apart from Rodney), and they've always being my favourite type of players but comparing Eze to Stan and Adel based on what he's produced so far is a joke frankly.

I don't think he's better than Buzsacky yet. It may come it may not.

When Adel beat a player, he left him for dead. Eze might beat a player with a piece of skill, but his lack of pace/urgency, gives that player a second chance to get back at him and tackle him, which is why instead of getting away from them he so often draws a free kick.

He hasn't got that explosive burst which gets him away. If its his languid style then thats something that can be worked on.

I'm not having a go at Eze, just explaining why I think some fans comparisons to some of the great players are absurd.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Players ratings yesterday on 12:52 - Nov 12 with 1415 viewsParkRoyalR

Agree we tend to hype up our young players as we are desperate for young energetic home grown players having to watch a team with so little pace and youth for so long. I just don't get Eze being called out when as was said he chased Meopham 40 yards into the corner in 90th minute but Bidwell walks back into position after going forward from the 70th minute, yet never gets called out.
Players ratings yesterday on 14:36 - Nov 12 with 1284 viewsrobith

With the team set up as it currently is, Eze is absolutely vital because his touch, turn and movement constantly get us out of trouble either by making space or drawing the foul and allow us to press out. We're playing for 41% possession, he's not going to be running everything through him like a hub
Players ratings yesterday on 15:20 - Nov 12 with 1230 viewsPinnerPaul

Players ratings yesterday on 10:00 - Nov 12 by smegma

First half Luongo was the only one who played well. Cameron and Eze kept giving the ball away and we couldn't string 3 passes together. Second half we pressed them high up the pitch and the early goal gave us the confidence to rip them apart for the next 25 minutes. Second half every single player was outstanding.

Well done to McLaren and the coaches for whatever was said at half time as it obviously worked. I keep reading 'he's not a manager, he's a good coach'. Urban myth I'm afraid. If he hasn't been a good manager in the last 5 or 6 games why did he win Manager Of The Month ??

Interview on offy with Mas is interesting.

Seems team have great confidence in the 'system' so don't panic

a) when we're behind and

b) when oppo have the ball

Couple of other nuggets - players 'happy' with being called out for a bad pass and there was 'fatigue' at the end.

Re subs not used though

Scowen - I'm guessing SMc didn't want to risk another penalty area erm 'challange' like last week

Hall - Tough 1st 'proper' game back to get up to speed

BOS - Would he have contributed more than Eze at the end?

Smith - No need, we didn't need another goal

Furlong - Again tough 1st game back and probably worse than Rangel
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024