Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
That Forest Record 15:37 - Dec 23 with 2685 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Anyone actually been to all those fixtures? There must be one of you mental enough.
That Forest Record on 16:28 - Dec 23 with 2596 viewskensalriser

Not so much mental enough as old enough, given the first fixture was in the 33/34 season.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

That Forest Record on 17:31 - Dec 23 with 2460 viewsstowmarketrange

I’ve been to about 8 or 9 of them,including the 5-2 in the cup and 4-0 in the league about 1 month later.
I have seen 3 draws though.
That Forest Record on 17:39 - Dec 23 with 2440 viewsNorthernr

Just had a count up and I've done 14 of them. Yesterday was fcking brilliant.
That Forest Record on 17:43 - Dec 23 with 2427 viewsmikeygunn

That Forest Record on 17:39 - Dec 23 by Northernr

Just had a count up and I've done 14 of them. Yesterday was fcking brilliant.

Can’t wait for the match report!
That Forest Record on 17:47 - Dec 23 with 2413 viewsNorthernr

That Forest Record on 17:43 - Dec 23 by mikeygunn

Can’t wait for the match report!

Just sat down with a second bottle of wine and the lap top.
That Forest Record on 18:09 - Dec 23 with 2344 viewsloftboy

Did a fair few of them in the 80’s and early 90’s, never forget February 86, sat in the top tier of the main stand and the wind was whipped by ice cold water off the Trent straight into the stand , went and bought a coffee at half time and it slipped through my fingers where they were so cold, the only place I’ve been that’s felt as cold as that was stoke when we lost 3-1 the las t season In the prem.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

That Forest Record on 19:18 - Dec 23 with 2202 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Just counted up.

11games W0 D4 L7 F8 A25.

Highlights include two 0-4's, a 2-5 and a four-minute hat-trick by Nigel Clough.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

That Forest Record on 19:26 - Dec 23 with 2183 viewsngbqpr

Memory's a bit hazy, but think either 16, 17 or 18 for me, of which yesterday was the 15th since I've been living within walking distance of the City Ground...

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Login to get fewer ads

That Forest Record on 19:28 - Dec 23 with 2176 viewsBrianMcCarthy

That Forest Record on 19:26 - Dec 23 by ngbqpr

Memory's a bit hazy, but think either 16, 17 or 18 for me, of which yesterday was the 15th since I've been living within walking distance of the City Ground...

That's gotta feel nice now!

That Forest Record on 19:30 - Dec 23 with 2166 viewsBoston

Dunno, a few, but not for over thirty years, not since the barbed wire incident.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

That Forest Record on 19:38 - Dec 23 with 2144 viewsBrianMcCarthy

That Forest Record on 19:30 - Dec 23 by Boston

Dunno, a few, but not for over thirty years, not since the barbed wire incident.

What was that, Boston?

That Forest Record on 19:50 - Dec 23 with 2108 viewsJuzzie

Just the one fo4 me. Our Championship winning season. 0-0 dull as ditchwater.
That Forest Record on 19:51 - Dec 23 with 2107 viewsngbqpr

That Forest Record on 19:28 - Dec 23 by BrianMcCarthy

That's gotta feel nice now!

Making the most of it Brian, making the most of it...

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

That Forest Record on 19:55 - Dec 23 with 2080 viewsCheshireR

I've been to most of them since about 1983-84, probably missing a couple over that 35 year period.
Yesterday was awesome, made even better by seeing so many smiling faces at full time.
That Forest Record on 19:57 - Dec 23 with 2067 viewswelwynranger

Anout 12 I reckon. Missed yesterday’s . Just my luck
That Forest Record on 20:20 - Dec 23 with 2008 viewsderbyhoop

That Forest Record on 19:26 - Dec 23 by ngbqpr

You must know plenty of Forest fans, then. Don't rub it in. Well, not much.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

That Forest Record on 20:23 - Dec 23 with 2004 viewsBoston

That Forest Record on 19:38 - Dec 23 by BrianMcCarthy

What was that, Boston?

Well I’m not recommending it, but the wall and gates in front of the main stand are perfectly climeable, especially after a good drinking session...unless you slip.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

That Forest Record on 20:28 - Dec 23 with 1990 viewsBrianMcCarthy

That Forest Record on 20:23 - Dec 23 by Boston

Well I’m not recommending it, but the wall and gates in front of the main stand are perfectly climeable, especially after a good drinking session...unless you slip.

Aw! Ouch!

That Forest Record on 02:03 - Dec 24 with 1771 viewsDannyPaddox

Well I've been to all the ones we've won.

Drinking with a few sixers and seveners Saturday. Mate of a mate was a niner. To assuage my 'Johnny-come-Lately' guilt I've seen us draw a blank across the river at Meadow Lane. Also seen us play but never win at the parks of Blundell, Boundary and Glanford.

Fantastic day Saturday. Had the vibe of the WBA semi-final back in 82. Fully expected Forest to equalise. It's a novel experience watching a QPR team spending 45 minutes defending a one goal lead so competently. The nerves though - shredded, frayed, and still floating somewhere in the night sky above the Trent.
That Forest Record (n/t) on 07:36 - Dec 24 with 1680 viewsdodge_stoke_r

[Post edited 24 Dec 2018 7:40]
That Forest Record on 07:40 - Dec 24 with 1668 viewsdodge_stoke_r

That Forest Record on 17:47 - Dec 23 by Northernr

Just sat down with a second bottle of wine and the lap top.

No we really can't wait
[Post edited 24 Dec 2018 7:41]
That Forest Record on 07:50 - Dec 24 with 1640 viewsMCterminator

Double whammy for me on Saturday: it was also 23 matches since the last time I'd seen us win. felt like a Xmas miracle. makes you wonder whether actually the failure and misery is a necessary part of the whole experience? and to think I came to rangers in '92 when lineker went to Japan, and I was drawn to the 'glory' of qpr. stupid genius...
That Forest Record on 11:08 - Dec 24 with 1505 viewsEsox_Lucius

As I have had relatives in Long Eaton since the mid 70's I hadn't missed any City Ground games from around that time until the last few years when I have only been once due to changing family problems so away games are off the table now. I think it is around 20 + and they include probably my best ever away match, the 3-0 defeat after we were relegated from the Premiership and Jason Lee played for them. Getting promoted at Villa Park to reach the 1st Division was also a special one but I don't really remember my emotions other than delirium and running on the pitch. I would imagine people like Dave Thomas, Chris Kemp, Richard Butler and quite a few more might have some high numbers on City Ground visits.

The grass is always greener.

That Forest Record on 11:30 - Dec 24 with 1480 viewsToast_R

I'm embarrassed to admit but I now have a 100% record there with QPR.

I did see Fulham get tonked there 3 years ago though as part of my brothers 40th birthday weekender.
That Forest Record on 11:43 - Dec 24 with 1459 viewssmegma

That Forest Record on 19:18 - Dec 23 by BrianMcCarthy

Just counted up.

11games W0 D4 L7 F8 A25.

Highlights include two 0-4's, a 2-5 and a four-minute hat-trick by Nigel Clough.

I think Ive done 8. The Clough hat trick game was a right downer. 1-0 down with about 6 minutes to go. We were camped in their box for about 15 minutes but the ball would not go in. Bannister could have scored a hat trick himself that day. Then Clough junior took over and made a freezing cold day even more horrible with the fastest hat trick ever . At the time that is, I believe Robbie Fowler beat it about a decade later against Arsenal ( I think??). Then the Lee Chapman quarter final debacle when Clough senior slapped some Forest fans. My last visit was about 4 years ago on Boxing Day. I was staying in a hotel next to Pride Park. I had an hour and a half wait for a bus back to Derby after the game so ended up getting a black cab. I only had £30 on me but when I told the cabbie he took pity on me 'as you've lost this evening' and so he let me off the other £14 !!!!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024