Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Greasy Chip Butty Match thread 18:15 - Jan 11 with 17701 viewsmakaveli1882

Don't think anyone has started one, Toughest game in awhile, not expecting a lot, However a win tomorrow and we really need to start believing the play offs and promotion is a real thing.

Head says 2-1 Blades - Billy Sharp to score (doubt Conner will even get on the pitch, hope he does play though)

For those who are interested BFG is 50/1 first goal scorer and Freeman is 16/1

Sheffield United could give striker Gary Madine his debut, while fellow loan signing Kieran Dowell is in line to make his league bow for the Blades.

Chris Wilder is likely to recall Billy Sharp and John Egan, who were rested for their FA Cup loss to Barnet.

QPR are without Massimo Luongo - who is on duty with Australia - while Angel Rangel and Tomer Hemed remain out.

Steve McClaren could stick with some of the squad players who impressed in their FA Cup victory against Leeds.

Match facts
Sheffield United are looking to win three straight league games over QPR for the first time since April 2005.

After emerging victorious at Bramall Lane just twice in their first 18 league visits, Queens Park Rangers have won on two of their last six such trips (D1 L3).

Sheffield United have not won three successive Championship matches at home since March 2018, a run which included a 2-1 victory over QPR.

QPR have won 16 points in 13 away games this season - one more than they registered in the whole of 2017-18 (15 in 23).

QPR striker Nahki Wells scored a brace in his only other league appearance against Sheffield United, netting both goals in a 2-0 victory for Bradford back in August 2013.

No player has scored more headed goals in the Championship this season than Sheffield United striker Billy Sharp (five - alongside Tammy Abraham).
The Greasy Chip Butty Match thread on 18:17 - Jan 11 with 7059 viewsmakaveli1882

Oh ..... Derby at Leeds tonight, Birmingham v Middlesbrough, Reading v Forest, Bristol City v Bolton
The Greasy Chip Butty Match thread on 19:21 - Jan 11 with 6980 viewsPinnerPaul

Beat me to it!

I'll repeat what I said on my (illegal) match thread.

It'll be SMs favoured 11 and I'm going for 1-1 - Mr Wells to score again.
The Greasy Chip Butty Match thread on 19:26 - Jan 11 with 6964 viewsSimonJames

Sadly I think this has 2-1 written all over it.
Hopefully Brum, Villa, Forest and Brizzle all lose... but it's unlikely. So I fear we may drop to 11th or 12th.

100% of people who drink water will die.

The Greasy Chip Butty Match thread on 19:29 - Jan 11 with 6960 viewsWilloW4

Heart says 1-2.. Head says 2-1.
The Greasy Chip Butty Match thread on 20:04 - Jan 11 with 6911 viewsMiss_Terraces

Toughest game in a while???????
Been asleep?????

Poll: Why are you a QPR supporter?

The Greasy Chip Butty Match thread on 20:16 - Jan 11 with 6887 viewsWatford_Ranger

Loner here couldn’t convince anyone else to make the trip. Any decent pubs near the station showing the early Sky game?
The Greasy Chip Butty Match thread on 20:24 - Jan 11 with 6876 viewsHarbour

An optimistic 2-2 Wells to get 90th min equaliser.
The Greasy Chip Butty Match thread on 20:59 - Jan 11 with 6829 viewsTacticalR

Washington must play.

Air hostess clique

Login to get fewer ads

The Greasy Chip Butty Match thread on 21:42 - Jan 11 with 6768 viewsmakaveli1882

Win tomorrow 1 point off play offs!
The Greasy Chip Butty Match thread on 22:03 - Jan 11 with 6724 viewsBoston

The Greasy Chip Butty Match thread on 20:59 - Jan 11 by TacticalR

Washington must play.

For who?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

The Greasy Chip Butty Match thread on 23:05 - Jan 11 with 6651 viewsLadbrokeR

The Greasy Chip Butty Match thread on 22:03 - Jan 11 by Boston

For who?

If we win this we are contenders
The Greasy Chip Butty Match thread on 06:07 - Jan 12 with 6552 viewsDylanP

I think a 1-1 draw would be a really good result for us.

I would love to see Oteh start but suspect that isn't on the cards and Wells will be back after his week's rest.

My squad prediction (guess) seems pretty obvious this week:
Lumley back in goal after a week off to rest his face.
Back line of Furlong, Leistner, Lynch, and Bidwell offer solid stability.
Cousins and Scowen continue their partnership in front of the defense
Wszolek and Freeman offer width, linking front with middle and back, so to speak
And Eze and Wells are our settled striking partnership.

I would love to see Oteh start but suspect that isn't on the cards and Wells will be back after his week's rest. I would love to see him become the first player in Steve's mind when he thinks we need an attacking sub but I suspect that often at the end of the game Steve brings on Smith to replace Wells as a way of getting that extra height on the pitch to support the back line in the case of set pieces. Smith is very good at defensive headers from corners, etc.

Anyhow, 1-1 feels like a win to the Rs.

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

The Greasy Chip Butty Match thread on 10:00 - Jan 12 with 6441 viewsfrancisbowles

We need to stick to the tried and tested team and tactics but have a plan b involving BOS and maybe Oteh to chase the game if we need to. I hope CW doesn't feature because of sod's law.
The Greasy Chip Butty Match thread on 10:38 - Jan 12 with 6399 viewsDorse

Under normal circumstances (i.e. every season with the exception of our promotions under Ollie and Colin) I'd have said we were going to get tonked. However, this season feels different for some reason. I think it is expectation versus outcome. Highlights of confounded expectations include:

Going in at half time 1-1 away to WBA.
The win against Wigan after witnessing the absolute disaster against Bristol City.
The EFL Cup game against Blackpool.
Away form.
Winning an FA Cup 3rd round tie without needing a replay or facing Blackburn.
Going on unbeaten runs (current league form is WWWDD which includes a win away at Forest!) rather than going on runs without a win (see previous 2 seasons).

...And so on. Add to this, the unusual lack of messageboard meltdowns in the wake of a loss or draw and you get the feeling that QPR are just beginning to hit 'Peak QPR'. I have said elsewhere that the most QPR thing to do is to win the Play Offs in a season we received the biggest fine in sporting history, got a transfer embargo, lost our (previously) best defenders and made the worst start to a campaign in the history of the club.

Lord knows what we are likely to see this afternoon.
[Post edited 12 Jan 2019 10:39]

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

The Greasy Chip Butty Match thread on 12:58 - Jan 12 with 6301 viewskensalriser

Even if we draw it'll mean we have only three points from the last three games, which is relegation form.

Therefore, I'm calling this as a Must Win game if we're to avoid relegation.

Rangers to win 4-3, hat trick from Connor Washington.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

The Greasy Chip Butty Match thread on 13:19 - Jan 12 with 6253 views2Thomas2Bowles

Could drop to 14th if we lose and the 4 teams below us win

Villa at Wigan
Bristol v Bolton
Swansea at Preston
Hull v SW
Hmm

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

The Greasy Chip Butty Match thread on 13:29 - Jan 12 with 6229 viewsWatford_Ranger

We’re unbeaten when I’ve worn a certain garment and I’m wearing it today.

1-0 Leistner
The Greasy Chip Butty Match thread on 13:34 - Jan 12 with 6216 viewsloftus77

Sorry to sound like a broken record - but a draw is definitelty a win today IMHO.

2-0 Blades.
The Greasy Chip Butty Match thread on 13:37 - Jan 12 with 6206 viewsHantsR

The Greasy Chip Butty Match thread on 13:29 - Jan 12 by Watford_Ranger

We’re unbeaten when I’ve worn a certain garment and I’m wearing it today.

1-0 Leistner

And you look very nice in it too.

The Greasy Chip Butty Match thread on 13:39 - Jan 12 with 6196 viewsdavman

2-1 to them. We will score first.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

The Greasy Chip Butty Match thread on 13:40 - Jan 12 with 6191 viewsWatford_Ranger

The Greasy Chip Butty Match thread on 13:37 - Jan 12 by HantsR

And you look very nice in it too.

Look out for me falling down the stairs in the highlights when it happens.
The Greasy Chip Butty Match thread on 14:12 - Jan 12 with 6053 viewsDiscodroids

Sheff utd at home.. Always makes me think of a home game in the early 90's when Alan Cork spent 90 minutes piston pumping his elbows into Darren Peacock like Ian Curtis doing his epileptic seizure dance. He Lost Control.

The match took place at the apex of a 3 day bender i was on and revelling in all the fruits of the Ecstasy sensorial garden, yet i recall clearly at the time thinking that Cork was a liberty taking c unt of some note.

In fact, i'm sure a famous linguist once said..

'That of all the phrases in the English language, of all the endless combinations of words in all of history, that "Alan Cork Big nose C unt' , is the most beautiful.

3-3 Conor washington all six.
[Post edited 12 Jan 2019 14:17]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

The Greasy Chip Butty Match thread on 14:18 - Jan 12 with 6007 viewsqprd

The Greasy Chip Butty Match thread on 14:12 - Jan 12 by Discodroids

Sheff utd at home.. Always makes me think of a home game in the early 90's when Alan Cork spent 90 minutes piston pumping his elbows into Darren Peacock like Ian Curtis doing his epileptic seizure dance. He Lost Control.

The match took place at the apex of a 3 day bender i was on and revelling in all the fruits of the Ecstasy sensorial garden, yet i recall clearly at the time thinking that Cork was a liberty taking c unt of some note.

In fact, i'm sure a famous linguist once said..

'That of all the phrases in the English language, of all the endless combinations of words in all of history, that "Alan Cork Big nose C unt' , is the most beautiful.

3-3 Conor washington all six.
[Post edited 12 Jan 2019 14:17]

Thank the lord Washington isn’t in utds squad today- couldn’t handle him scoring against us
The Greasy Chip Butty Match thread on 14:20 - Jan 12 with 5979 viewsDiscodroids

The Greasy Chip Butty Match thread on 14:18 - Jan 12 by qprd

Thank the lord Washington isn’t in utds squad today- couldn’t handle him scoring against us

Thank f uck for that. I was sure he would score today. I had visions of him doing a glenn hoddle style chip v watford in the dying seconds to give them all 3 points.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

The Greasy Chip Butty Match thread on 14:21 - Jan 12 with 5976 viewskarl

The Greasy Chip Butty Match thread on 14:20 - Jan 12 by Discodroids

Thank f uck for that. I was sure he would score today. I had visions of him doing a glenn hoddle style chip v watford in the dying seconds to give them all 3 points.

F##k it, I can never get them links to work
Dylan got it right above!
[Post edited 12 Jan 2019 14:23]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024