Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The annual meek surrender at Griffin Park - Report 19:04 - Mar 3 with 2715 viewsNorthernr

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/49836
The annual meek surrender at Griffin Park - Report on 20:02 - Mar 3 with 2540 viewsdaveB

great report, my personal highlight from Stroud was last minute of first half, Freeman fouled but ball comes to Wells in space and Eze ahead of him, rather than play the advantage he blows and calls it back for the free kick then blows for half time before free kick can be taken, complete arsehole
The annual meek surrender at Griffin Park - Report on 21:06 - Mar 3 with 2407 viewsbosh67

As you say it's happened under so many managers now that you start to wonder if there is something wrong with the mentality of the players in these games? The players need to step up more consistently. It can't always be just the manager's fault.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

The annual meek surrender at Griffin Park - Report on 22:31 - Mar 3 with 2245 viewsFDC

"It’s a bad side that only wins when it plays brilliantly."

There definitely something in that, this team have made such hard work out of taking anything from games for a couple of seasons now.
The annual meek surrender at Griffin Park - Report on 09:09 - Mar 4 with 1899 viewsstevec

The annual meek surrender at Griffin Park - Report on 22:31 - Mar 3 by FDC

"It’s a bad side that only wins when it plays brilliantly."

There definitely something in that, this team have made such hard work out of taking anything from games for a couple of seasons now.

Yes, we can chunter on and on about managers, individuals and formations ad nauseam but nothing beats a succinct one liner, and that one liner sums us up perfectly.
The annual meek surrender at Griffin Park - Report on 10:07 - Mar 4 with 1806 viewsElHoop

We've played a hell of a lot of games this year and we've tried to get a regular XI together which has bonded and has had some good results and performances, particularly in the cup. They are probably tired as a unit and as Clive has said we aren't really all that good without maximum effort and efficiency. We should have a few more returning from injury who will reinforce that basic XI and that will allow one or two to be rested.

Going forward, I don't know what sort of side we want to be in terms of tactics. I got the idea that at the start of the season Smith was surplus to requirements as we were playing with one up or two smaller strikers and trying to pass the ball. Then we went through a phase of Smith returning and using the big man as a target. Now it seems to have moved on again. What will we be next season? What type of player will we be scouting for now and for what sort of expected shape? Ok a lot of players can play in any formation pretty much, but I'm not convinced that we know what we want to be as a side, and if we don't know what we want to be then how can we expect to get any further than this?
The annual meek surrender at Griffin Park - Report on 11:51 - Mar 4 with 1656 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Good report, Clive.

I only saw the second half on Saturday, but it was insipid and cowardly.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

The annual meek surrender at Griffin Park - Report on 12:15 - Mar 4 with 1609 viewsrsonist

"even if he did leave the chances of us making a successful left field appointment that galvanises the club, a la Huddersfield and Norwich, are hamstrung by the owners' thirst for a name that would lumber us with another old soak from the merry-go-round or another former QPR player who would PR well. "

Not to invalidate the general frustration or suggest McClaren is above criticism but is this really all the club were thinking when they appointed him.

Ultimately the fanbase will cycle through calling for archetypes of Warnock (paternal overseer), Ollie (club legend, see Ainsworth this summer), JFH (lower league up-and-comer, see Hurst last summer) and Sousa (continental unicorn, cf Wagner/Farke longing here). There will not be a shred of self-awareness or contextual hindsight to go with it.
The annual meek surrender at Griffin Park - Report on 13:40 - Mar 4 with 1486 viewsridethewave

The annual meek surrender at Griffin Park - Report on 10:07 - Mar 4 by ElHoop

We've played a hell of a lot of games this year and we've tried to get a regular XI together which has bonded and has had some good results and performances, particularly in the cup. They are probably tired as a unit and as Clive has said we aren't really all that good without maximum effort and efficiency. We should have a few more returning from injury who will reinforce that basic XI and that will allow one or two to be rested.

Going forward, I don't know what sort of side we want to be in terms of tactics. I got the idea that at the start of the season Smith was surplus to requirements as we were playing with one up or two smaller strikers and trying to pass the ball. Then we went through a phase of Smith returning and using the big man as a target. Now it seems to have moved on again. What will we be next season? What type of player will we be scouting for now and for what sort of expected shape? Ok a lot of players can play in any formation pretty much, but I'm not convinced that we know what we want to be as a side, and if we don't know what we want to be then how can we expect to get any further than this?

Our use of Smith has been unintelligent and unfair. When we use him correctly (get the ball into the box from wide), he scores more than his fair share of goals, and has numerous assists. Only a matter of a couple of weeks ago he scored more goals than games he played. We have a lot more to offer up top if we use Smith correctly in my opinion.
Login to get fewer ads

The annual meek surrender at Griffin Park - Report on 15:00 - Mar 4 with 1372 viewsElHoop

The annual meek surrender at Griffin Park - Report on 13:40 - Mar 4 by ridethewave

Our use of Smith has been unintelligent and unfair. When we use him correctly (get the ball into the box from wide), he scores more than his fair share of goals, and has numerous assists. Only a matter of a couple of weeks ago he scored more goals than games he played. We have a lot more to offer up top if we use Smith correctly in my opinion.

I suspect that he's one of the more tired members of the squad at the moment, but what are we going to do when we have a smaller squad next season? Tactically do we keep the option of starting with a big man and presumably we will need some sort of reserve big man, or do we make do without big men completely? Or alternatively just keep Smith as a plan B as at present? It's essential to use him correctly as you say. We're short of creativity in the squad so maybe aiming for a target man should be plan A but I've not seen Schteve as being that sort of manager so far anyway. How do we want to play? We haven't really answered that one since Warnock's days in my view.
The annual meek surrender at Griffin Park - Report on 17:31 - Mar 4 with 1206 viewsBushman

Overused word but that was a fcking shocker!

What happened to the team that played Leeds on Tuesday FFS?

I know almost nothing about the Premier League even though I try to catch the big games every now and then at the end of the season. But I will say this, Queens Park Rangers is just a fukking sick ass team name. Just sounds so cool.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024