Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Holloway? 23:35 - Mar 13 with 1905 viewsconnell10

So remind me again why we sacked Ian???

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Holloway? on 23:38 - Mar 13 with 1882 viewsTacticalR

I believe it was because his hat was considered unbefitting the image of the club.

Air hostess clique

Holloway? on 23:44 - Mar 13 with 1835 viewsbob566

Can we stop going back there. Hed have done the same under an embargo. If you want steeve out fair enough. Recommend some young up and coming manager but please not ollie. Hes dated now
Holloway? on 23:44 - Mar 13 with 1834 viewsbosh67

Mainly because he had taken us as far as he could and the owners felt we needed to get to the next level. Ollie really struggled for consistency and he did have the most horrific away record. McClaren had managed England, won a league in Holland and was seen as a better man manager.

Check Top Trumps. Everything above would win you the cards in a head to head. And we are far more consistent. If you consider losses and being sh*t consistent.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Holloway? on 23:53 - Mar 13 with 1775 viewsconnell10

Holloway? on 23:44 - Mar 13 by bob566

Can we stop going back there. Hed have done the same under an embargo. If you want steeve out fair enough. Recommend some young up and coming manager but please not ollie. Hes dated now

Ffs mate I’m not saying bring Ian back I’m saying why was he sacked? Don’t ya think hair island has gone beyond what Ian was sacked for???

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Holloway? on 00:08 - Mar 14 with 1710 viewsbob566

Holloway? on 23:53 - Mar 13 by connell10

Ffs mate I’m not saying bring Ian back I’m saying why was he sacked? Don’t ya think hair island has gone beyond what Ian was sacked for???

Im just saying at the start of the season people were predicting just above relegation places. Thats where we are. Go onto other forums after matches. Theres not a player any of these teams are impressed by bar freeman. Olly was sacked. I didnt agree or wanted it at the time but we are where we are. Mclaren is here. Team is faltering big time at the moment but lets see if he can ditch some deadwood and buy a few next season and then judge
Holloway? on 07:59 - Mar 14 with 1403 viewsRangersDave

Lets face it, the run we had before Christmas, had almost all of us getting excited.

however the way in which the wheels have fallen off the buss since is very alarming. There is a very real chance of relegation (dont care, said it now), and the team aint playing like they should, merely wandering around like they dont care.

player choice is a bit puzzling sometimes and sending players out on loan thereby giving the first team no real impetous to perform as their places arent being fought over is concerning.

Equally concerning is team selection, and the ability to read a game by the manager, and act on it.

I see a static bench a lot of the time nowadays, which helps create a general mallaise about the place.

I'd stick with Steve for now, any new guy wont do much (we dont tend to do 'new manager bounce' any more, do we? And see what happens.

The worst thing now is to turn against this team, verbally at matches, and continue to support them until the last day, or even before if the worst happens.

Problem is......we are paying good money for these guys to entertain us, and i can see a bit of 'if you cannot be bothered playing, then we cannot be bothered turning up' attitude from the fans......and you cant really blame them. The payers get paid a good wage, compared to most of us, and we have every right to bitch, if they are playing like they are now.

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Holloway? on 08:18 - Mar 14 with 1333 viewsnix

At the time I thought it was a massive mistake as the team spirit was hugely better, we were bringing in younger players, the football was much better generally than under Hasselbaink and he was willing to manage under the constraints of FFP. It felt to me like we were planning for the future. Now we appear to be going backwards again to the quick fix trying to buy success with a few expensive signings.

I felt this even more after the first four matches. But then we had the run up to Christmas and I thought maybe I'd been wrong and others were right all along. Now we're in this place and I revert to thinking we should have stuck with Olly. At least for this season because he would have brought on our young players and continued to improve team spirit.

The confidence of our team looks absolutely shot to pieces. They look like they don't know what they're supposed to be doing. How anyone could think this is better football than last season I don't know. We're dire: slow, ponderous, predictable. We keep shouting, where's the movement? Where's the spirit?

I've always found McClaren as charismatic as a wet lettuce and it makes a difference when you're up against it. Plus we've paid out big sums on Hemed and Wells that Olly never had at his disposal and we're still pants. I don't know how people can really think it's been worth this Fernandes experiment again of going for high profile managers. It must have cost us a fortune with paying off Olly and Bircham and bringing in McClaren and his host of coaches who can't even get off their. ar ses during matches unlike every other coaching team that comes to LR.

I thought Fernandes had finally learned from past experiences when he brought in Hoos, Ferdinand and Olly and began to cut his cloth. But there's a part of him that thinks he's running Man U and just can't stop meddling.

I'm not going to keep on about it on every thread because it's depressing and it hacked me off when people did it about Olly last season but in answer to this OP yes I think it was a huge mistake. And I really don't know where to go from here.
Holloway? on 09:00 - Mar 14 with 1190 viewsdaveB

problem was always more about who we replaced him with rather than if he was replaced, will be the same problem with mcclaren
Login to get fewer ads

Holloway? on 09:09 - Mar 14 with 1160 viewspaulparker

We got rid of Olly and birch because they have funny accents which means they are thick and cannot coach players what we needed was a manger who carries a lap top and who sips coffee on the sidelines in his new suit and cardigan combo

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Holloway? on 09:23 - Mar 14 with 1103 viewssmegma

Holloway? on 09:09 - Mar 14 by paulparker

We got rid of Olly and birch because they have funny accents which means they are thick and cannot coach players what we needed was a manger who carries a lap top and who sips coffee on the sidelines in his new suit and cardigan combo

BEcause they can't speak double Dutch like Shhhhteeeve?
Holloway? on 17:07 - Mar 14 with 789 viewsPlanetHonneywood

We got rid of Holloway because the club realised that we’d gone 18 months or so without sacking a manager!

Something the suits woke up to far too late in my view. The Rfosi have become used to seasons with multiple managers, providing much in the way of sh1ts and giggles. Utterly inexcusable to have left it that long if I’m honest. If Hoos gets his act together, we could get a couple of sackings in before the end of the season.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Holloway? on 17:18 - Mar 14 with 767 viewsDavieQPR

So remind me why you have bought this up yet again???
Holloway? on 17:41 - Mar 14 with 729 viewsSilverfoxqpr

Changing the team literally every week regardless of the previous performance (Reading away a particular highlight for me after having beaten Villa and drawn with Fulham), playing players out of position regularly, often several 'wrong' positions in one game (Eze as lone striker anyone?), players getting 45 minutes then dropped for months at a time, rambling pre and post match interviews, players gesticulating towards the bench during matches asking what they're supposed to be doing, etc etc blah blah blah. Look I'm not suggesting it isn't a sh1t show right now but this constant clamoring for the good old days of Olly does leave me baffled. It was for the most part absolutely dire. Some rose tinted glasses going on here. Maybe it's the 'club legend' b0llocks? Personally couldn't care less about the managers previous as long as I can see a method, a plan and some application. IH sadly lacked that for the most part.
Holloway? on 18:08 - Mar 14 with 678 viewsnix

Holloway? on 17:41 - Mar 14 by Silverfoxqpr

Changing the team literally every week regardless of the previous performance (Reading away a particular highlight for me after having beaten Villa and drawn with Fulham), playing players out of position regularly, often several 'wrong' positions in one game (Eze as lone striker anyone?), players getting 45 minutes then dropped for months at a time, rambling pre and post match interviews, players gesticulating towards the bench during matches asking what they're supposed to be doing, etc etc blah blah blah. Look I'm not suggesting it isn't a sh1t show right now but this constant clamoring for the good old days of Olly does leave me baffled. It was for the most part absolutely dire. Some rose tinted glasses going on here. Maybe it's the 'club legend' b0llocks? Personally couldn't care less about the managers previous as long as I can see a method, a plan and some application. IH sadly lacked that for the most part.

Why are we harking back? Because it's a matter of opinion. Because I'd rather see Eze out of position but trying to beat people and take a shot than looking petrified to do anything much but track back and defend and pass sideways and backwards. Because I'd prefer Holloway's passion, rambling and insulting at times, to McClaren's apparent indifference and boring us all to death. Cousins as right back? Maybe in an emergency but not when you've got Furlong on the bench. God knows what McClarens's done to Scowen but he's a shadow of the player from last season. Luongo was also more dynamic last season. And why does he consistently take off Pav, even when he's our best player. Are you really saying we now have method, plan and application? If so were you really at the Stoke and Rotherham games? Because that would really be rose coloured spectacles. I'm not saying Holloway was perfect or even what we've got is so much worse but it's cost us an awful lot of money to stand still (and in my view go backwards).
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024