Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Law changes - question for Pinner 14:27 - Jun 2 with 2290 viewsterryb

Pinner or anyone else who knows.

Please could you clarify one question from me?

What would be the decision now regarding the Hart/Austin goal? Are players still protected from playing the ball twice from a goal kick, or would they now be penalised?

If they are still protected, would that also apply to them taking a free kick in the penalty area?

Thanks in advance.
Law changes - question for Pinner on 15:45 - Jun 3 with 1996 viewsPinnerPaul

Hello Terry - good question.

In both cases it would be an IDFK - for playing the ball again before it has touched another player. Same applies to all fks & the penalty kick - which is why taker can't touch the ball again if it rebounds to him off the goal.
Law changes - question for Pinner on 15:47 - Jun 3 with 1990 viewsPinnerPaul

On this subject - good to see it on the offy.

Won't stop people - including those paid for doing their jobs like commentators, pundits, journalists etc - getting them wrong of course!
Law changes - question for Pinner (another question) on 16:06 - Jun 3 with 1956 viewsQPR_John

"If the goalkeeper attempts to ‘clear’ (release into play) a throw-in or deliberate kick from a team-mate but the ‘clearance’ fails, the goalkeeper can then handle the ball"

Does this mean if the keeper in trying to kick the ball and misses he can then pick the ball up. What would happen if he deliberately misses the ball. It seems strange that one rule is changed so a keeper is not rewarded for a mistake (goal kick not clearing the area) and one is introduce that rewards him for a mistake.
Law changes - question for Pinner (another question) on 16:06 - Jun 4 with 1604 viewsPinnerPaul

Law changes - question for Pinner (another question) on 16:06 - Jun 3 by QPR_John

"If the goalkeeper attempts to ‘clear’ (release into play) a throw-in or deliberate kick from a team-mate but the ‘clearance’ fails, the goalkeeper can then handle the ball"

Does this mean if the keeper in trying to kick the ball and misses he can then pick the ball up. What would happen if he deliberately misses the ball. It seems strange that one rule is changed so a keeper is not rewarded for a mistake (goal kick not clearing the area) and one is introduce that rewards him for a mistake.

Hello John,

I agree that's an odd one - I can't see the point of it and its obviously open to abuse!

On the same subject there are some other law changes offy doesn't mention.

The one everyone is most likely to see are yellow/red cards for members of the technical area - previously subs could be shown cards but now team official can as well - could be fun!
Law changes - question for Pinner (another question) on 16:17 - Jun 4 with 1594 viewsstowmarketrange

Law changes - question for Pinner (another question) on 16:06 - Jun 4 by PinnerPaul

Hello John,

I agree that's an odd one - I can't see the point of it and its obviously open to abuse!

On the same subject there are some other law changes offy doesn't mention.

The one everyone is most likely to see are yellow/red cards for members of the technical area - previously subs could be shown cards but now team official can as well - could be fun!

Can you clear up one law change that I think came in last season.When a foul results in a yellow/red card does the injured player have to leave the field after treatment?It happened during the Forest game and I was under the impression that they could stay on the pitch straight away.

I thought that they’d brought it in but it hasn’t been applied by all officials if I remember rightly.
Cheers mate.
Law changes - question for Pinner (another question) on 18:08 - Jun 4 with 1536 viewsPinnerPaul

Law changes - question for Pinner (another question) on 16:17 - Jun 4 by stowmarketrange

Can you clear up one law change that I think came in last season.When a foul results in a yellow/red card does the injured player have to leave the field after treatment?It happened during the Forest game and I was under the impression that they could stay on the pitch straight away.

I thought that they’d brought it in but it hasn’t been applied by all officials if I remember rightly.
Cheers mate.

Hello Stow,

Think the confusion arises because,yes player DOES have to leave fop if physio comes on EXCEPT in the following circumstances - hope that clears it up!

-a goalkeeper is injured  -a goalkeeper and an outfield player have collided and need attention  -players from the same team have collided and need attention  -a severe injury has occurred  - a player is injured as the result of a physical offence for which the opponent is cautioned or sent off (e.g. reckless or serious foul challenge), if the assessment/treatment is completed quickly - a penalty kick has been awarded and the injured player will be the kicker- 

If you saw a player had to leave after a yellow card challenge, I suspect referee decided that treatment/assessment wasn't completed 'quickly'
[Post edited 4 Jun 2019 18:09]
Law changes - question for Pinner (another question) on 08:35 - Jun 5 with 1382 viewsfrancisbowles

Law changes - question for Pinner (another question) on 18:08 - Jun 4 by PinnerPaul

Hello Stow,

Think the confusion arises because,yes player DOES have to leave fop if physio comes on EXCEPT in the following circumstances - hope that clears it up!

-a goalkeeper is injured  -a goalkeeper and an outfield player have collided and need attention  -players from the same team have collided and need attention  -a severe injury has occurred  - a player is injured as the result of a physical offence for which the opponent is cautioned or sent off (e.g. reckless or serious foul challenge), if the assessment/treatment is completed quickly - a penalty kick has been awarded and the injured player will be the kicker- 

If you saw a player had to leave after a yellow card challenge, I suspect referee decided that treatment/assessment wasn't completed 'quickly'
[Post edited 4 Jun 2019 18:09]

They are not making it any simpler to understand/remember!
Law changes - question for Pinner on 21:51 - Jun 5 with 1275 viewscolinallcars

It took me 25 years to explain the offside laws to my wife. Now, I don't understand 'em myself.
Login to get fewer ads

Law changes - question for Pinner on 22:03 - Jun 5 with 1269 viewsextratimeR

Ditto!

I must admit I really could not explain the current of-side laws, it must be a nightmare being a defender now.
Law changes - question for Pinner on 17:15 - Jun 10 with 1046 viewsPinnerPaul

Law changes - question for Pinner on 22:03 - Jun 5 by extratimeR

Ditto!

I must admit I really could not explain the current of-side laws, it must be a nightmare being a defender now.

or an assistant referee!
Law changes - question for Pinner on 22:33 - Jun 10 with 963 viewssmegma

While we've got your ear Pinner, Pickford took his gloves off when he took his penalty kick on Sunday. Is that a law?? Also, sub goalkeepers wear their gloves while watching the game, is this a law??
Law changes - question for Pinner on 08:55 - Jun 12 with 832 viewsPinnerPaul

Law changes - question for Pinner on 22:33 - Jun 10 by smegma

While we've got your ear Pinner, Pickford took his gloves off when he took his penalty kick on Sunday. Is that a law?? Also, sub goalkeepers wear their gloves while watching the game, is this a law??

Gloves not even mentioned in the laws so up to GKs/sub GKs when/if they wear them or not!

Same applies to outfield players/subs obviously.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024