Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
On the importance of the new manager: open letter to Lee 'Teflon' Hoos 21:20 - Apr 13 with 9519 viewsstainrods_elbow

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/lee-hoos-on-importance-of-qprs-next-manager

Dear Lee,

I read with interest your use of the QPR website today to 'speak' - if only because it clarifies what I've recently pointed out to my little online tribe (albeit some fans seem not yet to have understood, or to want to) that you, as CEO, club spokesman and, bizarrely, former 'Co-Chairman', are as much part of 'hiring and firing' managers at QPR as Les, Amit and the rest of our baffling Board.

Just a word or two to the wise, and a quick query for now:

I was a QPR supporter while you were still studying at CEO school in the USA, so please don't tell me, in your folksy, faux-matey way, what it is to be QPR supporter. I know! I've been one (and a season ticket holder, club member, and fanzine contributor), in various guises and places, for 42 years. Like many others, I still will be when you've moved on for the sake of your career. Humouring me after the last four months won't wash, so just zip it - you don't have the credit!

The defeat against Norwich wasn't 'forgettable' , to use your no doubt carefully chosen bit of semantic spin (I know you did a bit of training as a lawyer too) - it was all too horribly memorable for all the wrong reasons under the footballing sun! Today's performance didn't 'put it right' either, although it was a mercifully welcome reclamation of a decent slice of pride. The truth is the players owe us fans big time with four more comparable showings - and only now to seal our safety and play for some restored credibility.

Finally, having played your considerable part in the fiasco of the incoming/outgoing JFK, Ian Holloway and Steve McClaren, what, precisely, makes you feel the fanbase should trust you (or anyone else at QPR) with the future recruitment of coaches, players or even the tea lady, and that you're not part of the problem rather than the solution? I'd really love to know - from you or anyone.

Today's performance by the players has come, as I say, as a bag of blessedly belated relief, but it isn't going to have me turning cartwheels after the way this club has been the worst in the land (bar the Leeds game) for the entire calendar year, or suddenly deciding it's not run by a bunch of shysters, if not rank incompetents. After the appalling combination of fecklessness, amateurishness, laziness and gutlessness (albeit with sprinklings of rank bad luck) for pretty much the whole of 2019, the alienation of a former well-loved club man and the farcical disconnect between the last manager's appointment and his removal, one swallow does most definitely not a summer make. You and the management team have a whole lot of work to do to convince me you're fit for purpose, and then some.

My eyes will be on you all, very closely indeed, in the close season and next campaign. As a kind of uber-accountant, you'll understand you're accountable in more ways than one. I'm sorry your complacent statement did not make me think you feel even a sliver of warranted embarrassment at your performance in regard to recruitment, or at least you couldn't bear to admit it.

You and others may find me harsh - so be it! For one who says he never gets involved in the football side, nevertheless, it's bizarre to me you're going to be dunking your oar in with the next recipient of our peculiarly poisoned chalice.

Yours, etc.,

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

On the importance of the new manager: open letter to Lee 'Teflon' Hoos on 21:23 - Apr 13 with 6972 viewsflynnbo

Why?
On the importance of the new manager: open letter to Lee 'Teflon' Hoos on 21:31 - Apr 13 with 6926 viewsAntti_Heinola

I love me an open letter.

Bare bones.

On the importance of the new manager: open letter to Lee 'Teflon' Hoos on 21:36 - Apr 13 with 6889 viewsLongsufferingR

Give me strength
On the importance of the new manager: open letter to Lee 'Teflon' Hoos on 21:47 - Apr 13 with 6843 viewsstainrods_elbow

Not actually sent, for the record. I realise now why that really would be stupid!

On the importance of the new manager: open letter to Lee 'Teflon' Hoos on 22:04 - Apr 13 with 6776 viewsblacky2013

Give it a rest. You've written to him once and didn't get the reply you wanted and then posted it on here and didn't get the response from the majority on here backing you up. NO CEO will say what you want him to say. He knows the same as the rest of us. It was a shocking performance against Norwich but we've had plenty of those before.
On the importance of the new manager: open letter to Lee 'Teflon' Hoos on 22:06 - Apr 13 with 6759 viewsGloucs_R

I quite like Lee Hoos. Seems to be a calm influence within a mental club

Poll: Warburton, What's next?

On the importance of the new manager: open letter to Lee 'Teflon' Hoos on 22:23 - Apr 13 with 6691 viewssmegma

ADHD
On the importance of the new manager: open letter to Lee 'Teflon' Hoos on 00:02 - Apr 14 with 6501 viewsstainrods_elbow

On the importance of the new manager: open letter to Lee 'Teflon' Hoos on 22:04 - Apr 13 by blacky2013

Give it a rest. You've written to him once and didn't get the reply you wanted and then posted it on here and didn't get the response from the majority on here backing you up. NO CEO will say what you want him to say. He knows the same as the rest of us. It was a shocking performance against Norwich but we've had plenty of those before.

If you feel the need to comment on my thread, at least do me the courtesy of reading and responding to what I wrote like an intelligent adult. For the record, and to mark your card, I don't publish anything for popularity, or to court some kind of consensus, so you can give that line of thought a rest yourself!

In simple English (as my 'open letter' seems to be beyond you to digest), I raised a reasonable question about LH's credibility going forwards as one of the management team who have presided over three manager hirings and firings, and also drew the attention of those people on the board who seem to still believe he still has no role in doing so, and who are wrong. That this history might raise a tiny question in some people's minds about the justification for his involvement now in key recruitment decisions, let alone his complacent statement on the Offish, is pretty obvious to me. It's not me making these statements, but it's my prerogative as a fan to respond to them in whatever way I choose.

I don't want, expect or need, LH to give any specific kind of reply, though I did find the tone of the message that was conveyed to me pretty telling, so I don't need to get over anything or anyone here. The truth is I'm pretty cynical about professional football and its machinations these days, and don't expect anything as quaint as truth, authenticity or transparency from anyone in it these days.

Finally, I post on LFW for the same reasons as I presume others do - to express my opinions, get things off my chest, and call it as I see it. If you have a problem with that, it's your problem! I'm sanguine, I'm afraid, so come back to me when you have something serious to say.

Login to get fewer ads

On the importance of the new manager: open letter to Lee 'Teflon' Hoos on 00:24 - Apr 14 with 6460 viewsstainrods_elbow

On the importance of the new manager: open letter to Lee 'Teflon' Hoos on 22:06 - Apr 13 by Gloucs_R

I quite like Lee Hoos. Seems to be a calm influence within a mental club

In the kingdom of the blind, I guess the one- eyed man is king!

On the importance of the new manager: open letter to Lee 'Teflon' Hoos on 01:00 - Apr 14 with 6395 viewsdanehoop

On the importance of the new manager: open letter to Lee 'Teflon' Hoos on 00:24 - Apr 14 by stainrods_elbow

Mate,

You need to seek help.

Never knowingly understood

On the importance of the new manager: open letter to Lee 'Teflon' Hoos on 01:11 - Apr 14 with 6384 viewsstainrods_elbow

On the importance of the new manager: open letter to Lee 'Teflon' Hoos on 01:00 - Apr 14 by danehoop

Mate,

You need to seek help.

Thanks for that - and the poster who talked of Rangers as a 'mental club' will need to join me in therapy, I guess? You were presumably asleep when whoever said what they said football was a game of opinions.

Maybe have a word with yourself, or a little lie down too?

On the importance of the new manager: open letter to Lee 'Teflon' Hoos on 01:18 - Apr 14 with 6374 viewsisawqpratwcity

On the importance of the new manager: open letter to Lee 'Teflon' Hoos on 00:24 - Apr 14 by stainrods_elbow

If you "don't expect anything as quaint as truth, authenticity or transparency from anyone" then, please, don't get upset when you don't get it.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

On the importance of the new manager: open letter to Lee 'Teflon' Hoos on 01:47 - Apr 14 with 6340 viewsdanehoop

On the importance of the new manager: open letter to Lee 'Teflon' Hoos on 01:11 - Apr 14 by stainrods_elbow

Thanks for that - and the poster who talked of Rangers as a 'mental club' will need to join me in therapy, I guess? You were presumably asleep when whoever said what they said football was a game of opinions.

Maybe have a word with yourself, or a little lie down too?

You just come across as a very strange person. You have a sense of delusion about the importance of your own opinion (which comes across as ranting to be honest) and why you merit any kind of response, let alone the gracious one that you have been given. Since you’ started posting on here everything you posted seems to have been negative. QPR won 4-0 today at home and played well. Yet you are still whining on here looking for attention to support your views rather than enjoy the unexpectedly positive day.

In the land of the blind the increasingly negative deluded person remains just that.

Never knowingly understood

On the importance of the new manager: open letter to Lee 'Teflon' Hoos on 02:00 - Apr 14 with 6320 viewstimcocking

On the importance of the new manager: open letter to Lee 'Teflon' Hoos on 00:02 - Apr 14 by stainrods_elbow

If you feel the need to comment on my thread, at least do me the courtesy of reading and responding to what I wrote like an intelligent adult. For the record, and to mark your card, I don't publish anything for popularity, or to court some kind of consensus, so you can give that line of thought a rest yourself!

In simple English (as my 'open letter' seems to be beyond you to digest), I raised a reasonable question about LH's credibility going forwards as one of the management team who have presided over three manager hirings and firings, and also drew the attention of those people on the board who seem to still believe he still has no role in doing so, and who are wrong. That this history might raise a tiny question in some people's minds about the justification for his involvement now in key recruitment decisions, let alone his complacent statement on the Offish, is pretty obvious to me. It's not me making these statements, but it's my prerogative as a fan to respond to them in whatever way I choose.

I don't want, expect or need, LH to give any specific kind of reply, though I did find the tone of the message that was conveyed to me pretty telling, so I don't need to get over anything or anyone here. The truth is I'm pretty cynical about professional football and its machinations these days, and don't expect anything as quaint as truth, authenticity or transparency from anyone in it these days.

Finally, I post on LFW for the same reasons as I presume others do - to express my opinions, get things off my chest, and call it as I see it. If you have a problem with that, it's your problem! I'm sanguine, I'm afraid, so come back to me when you have something serious to say.

Express yourself then Stainrod, don't let the bug gers grind you down.

I think this (Lee Hoos' statement) was a reply from him to you. Better to put it out there than reply personally so he gave you the diplomatic response first.

Now's not the time, though. It's a delightfully happy morning for me, so i'll give Lee Hoos a big kiss if i see him this morning, happy daze. We've gone through another proper...emotional wringer of a season and it seems we live to fight another day, i'd suggest trying to enjoy it while we can. Darnell scored, and we won 4-0. If that doesn't make you smile, nothing will :-)

Lee Hoos has a sysaphean task. He honestly strikes me as about as competent and professional as a fella can be i think we'd be lucky to get anybody better, even if i agree with you that he can be a condescending git. If they appoint ten more managers, it'll most likely be ten disasters because you just can't get blood out of a stone. So i blame him for nothing. The only people i blame for any of this is Briatore, Hughes and Redknapp. This appointment will go badly, then the next. And the next. Are we to continue to blame the board, or perhaps realise the deck is just loaded against us and it's not the board's fault, we're simply fcuked barring an Adel Taarabt or Charlie Austin style miracle or a rule change? Whoever has his job will continue to make the wrong appointment because there is no right appointment who could fix FFP. Like asking somebody to draw the winning lottery numbers.

I lived a couple of doors up from Phillip Beard a few years ago. If you saw how rushed and panicked he looked everytime you saw him, you might feel a little more comfortable with Lee Hoos, a considerable upgrade from Beard i'm quite sure.
[Post edited 14 Apr 2019 3:09]
On the importance of the new manager: open letter to Lee 'Teflon' Hoos on 09:40 - Apr 14 with 6050 viewsBklynRanger

I like what you're doing with this character - sort of channeling a more pompous version of Tommy Saxondale. Looking forward to seeing where you take it next.
On the importance of the new manager: open letter to Lee 'Teflon' Hoos on 10:02 - Apr 14 with 5997 viewsfrancisbowles

So was JFK our manager before or after Dallas ?
On the importance of the new manager: open letter to Lee 'Teflon' Hoos on 11:02 - Apr 14 with 5899 viewsblacky2013

On the importance of the new manager: open letter to Lee 'Teflon' Hoos on 00:02 - Apr 14 by stainrods_elbow

I've read it a number of times and I think you come across as arrogant and trying to tell a highly regarded CEO who has a massive job on his hands to keep us within FFP how to do a job I'd guess you are not qualified for or have no idea how to do. As I've said before no CEO is going to come out and say yeah my clubs crap, the appointments are crap and the running of it is crap which it seems you want him to do! I've no problem with you having an opinion but you are flogging a dead horse. And to say you don't post it to big up yourself is crap. In the original thread title you put in the title"from yours truly" and in this statement you say "my tribe" as though you run the site.
On the importance of the new manager: open letter to Lee 'Teflon' Hoos on 11:30 - Apr 14 with 5847 viewsqprd

lee hoos is going to bring this letter to the board when he next renegotiates his salary
On the importance of the new manager: open letter to Lee 'Teflon' Hoos on 12:42 - Apr 14 with 5732 viewsCiderwithRsie

You know, all that is fine and reasonably expressed.

But you start with a thread heading where you stick a mocking nickname into Hoos' name. Anyone who does that about anyone or anything has lost me from the start because firstly it's puerile and secondly it is telling me what I am supposed to think about the person/political party/whatever before you've made any substantive point whatever.
On the importance of the new manager: open letter to Lee 'Teflon' Hoos on 13:03 - Apr 14 with 5692 viewsrsonist

Jesus I thought I couldn't cringe any harder after last time.

Pretty sure Stainrod is a false flag operation to make the idea of a 40k seater stadium half filled with Japanese tourists seem appealing.
On the importance of the new manager: open letter to Lee 'Teflon' Hoos on 13:15 - Apr 14 with 5664 viewskensalriser

If you want to join this debate, better get the right tools for the job.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

On the importance of the new manager: open letter to Lee 'Teflon' Hoos on 14:59 - Apr 14 with 5540 viewsrobith

This is starting to get a bit unsettling now mate
On the importance of the new manager: open letter to Lee 'Teflon' Hoos on 15:22 - Apr 14 with 5485 viewseastside_r

Stole his lover?
On the importance of the new manager: open letter to Lee 'Teflon' Hoos on 19:01 - Apr 14 with 5342 viewsstainrods_elbow

On the importance of the new manager: open letter to Lee 'Teflon' Hoos on 01:47 - Apr 14 by danehoop

You just come across as a very strange person. You have a sense of delusion about the importance of your own opinion (which comes across as ranting to be honest) and why you merit any kind of response, let alone the gracious one that you have been given. Since you’ started posting on here everything you posted seems to have been negative. QPR won 4-0 today at home and played well. Yet you are still whining on here looking for attention to support your views rather than enjoy the unexpectedly positive day.

In the land of the blind the increasingly negative deluded person remains just that.

'People are strange' (Jim Morrison). (At least, the best people are, so I'll take that as a compliment.) Quite why you or anyone thinks I think my opinions 'matter more' - on what is, to point out the obvious, an opinion board - is beyond me. There are interesting, uninteresting, stirring, boring, individualist, and conformist opinions, and everything inbetween - I give mine as eloquently, angrily and passionately as I can, that's all. Try to get over your issues/resentments with my owning and amplifying mine, and concentrate on honing yours.
[Post edited 14 Apr 2019 19:11]

On the importance of the new manager: open letter to Lee 'Teflon' Hoos on 19:17 - Apr 14 with 5310 viewsstainrods_elbow

On the importance of the new manager: open letter to Lee 'Teflon' Hoos on 12:42 - Apr 14 by CiderwithRsie

You know, all that is fine and reasonably expressed.

But you start with a thread heading where you stick a mocking nickname into Hoos' name. Anyone who does that about anyone or anything has lost me from the start because firstly it's puerile and secondly it is telling me what I am supposed to think about the person/political party/whatever before you've made any substantive point whatever.

Well, that's you, and that's fine. But, for the record, what I liked about Clive's post-Norwich meltdown is how it mixed vehement critique with silliness/puerility/childish diatribe of its own. Because that's also what football's like, what life is like.

My main point about Hoos is hardly controversial - read my lips! He's declared himself ( clearing up the uncertainty in some fans' minds) part of the recruitment/interview panel for our fourth manager in as many years, so needs to be judged with Les, Tony, Amit and the rest, for the trajectories of JFK, IH and SMc. His apparent lack of accountability and self-criticality is an issue. In short, who assesses the assessors? (Answer - us!)

If one or two thinks that's 'flogging a dead horse', more fool them!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024