Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Manning 10:07 - Oct 2 with 1259 viewsGeorgiebrowne

The area that I feel we have often faltered most often this season is the holding midfield role. No two players have seemed to struck up a partnership if we are playing with four at the back and while I like Ball's tenacity I remain unconvinced with his ball playing ability. With Wallace's return I believe Manning should be given a chance in the middle. I know I may be guilty of romantiscing Manning's skill and passing but he looks like a very good footballer on the left and the fact that he has the intelligence to understand a position he has not grown up playing gives me even more faith he will succeed as our quaterback style midfielder.
Manning on 10:29 - Oct 2 with 1197 viewsnix

I don't know anything about Wallace but is there any chance he could play right back? Not sure how left footed he is. Ryan is doing so well at leftback and I remain unconvinced by Kane so far this season.
Manning on 10:52 - Oct 2 with 1144 viewsfrancisbowles

Manning on 10:29 - Oct 2 by nix

I don't know anything about Wallace but is there any chance he could play right back? Not sure how left footed he is. Ryan is doing so well at leftback and I remain unconvinced by Kane so far this season.

I am pretty sure that's where Manning played on his debut for us, at Wolves, and a few more games as well. He looked very good there, sweet left foot can thread a pass, some similarities with Ale Faurlin.
Manning on 11:25 - Oct 2 with 1088 viewsDavieQPR

Last few games he played there he was really bad and that's why he got sent out on loan. Even managed to get sent off within minutes when coming on as sub.
Manning on 11:43 - Oct 2 with 1055 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Manning on 10:52 - Oct 2 by francisbowles

I am pretty sure that's where Manning played on his debut for us, at Wolves, and a few more games as well. He looked very good there, sweet left foot can thread a pass, some similarities with Ale Faurlin.

I remember when he first broke through thinking he reminded me of Ray Wilkins in some ways. That said I’d leave him where he is for now unless forced into making changes.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Manning on 11:45 - Oct 2 with 1048 viewsbosh67

He is doing very well as a left back and left wingback but he is, for me, best suited as a playmaker in the middle. He can tackle and get stuck in but he also sees passes behind defenders to feed forwards and that is something we are a bit inconsistent with at the moment.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Manning on 12:26 - Oct 2 with 990 viewsWestbourneR

He's not a defensive midfielder but unless Matt Smith or Amos step up soon then there is definitely a role in centre mid for him. A player with his passing and tenacity is just want we need in the middle.

I like him at wing back because he's such a good crosser but he does badly lack pace.

If the boy was quick he'd be Premier League level.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Manning on 12:28 - Oct 2 with 978 viewsdaveB

He's been one of our best players this season, we'd be mad to move him back into midfield
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024