Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Defence 21:52 - Nov 22 with 2810 viewssandsofporto

Worst defence and goalkeeping seen at Rangers in many many years (very very frustrating}

Great going forward but afraid to say you win will nothing with S*ite defence. So sad with the football we are playing it does the team no favours. Should have scored a few more than we did , however Kamara scoring a brace, the man who has not scored for nearly a year!!!!!!!!!!!!

To go forward a defence is required MW doing a fantastic job with our attack but please get someone in to sort out the defence. No clean sheets all season (does rocket science come to mind}???

Defence on 21:59 - Nov 22 with 2757 viewsbosh67

The problem for MW is that he wants us to defend as a team and he keeps saying it t us and I am sure in every training session. But they are not defending as a team, so we get hurt more and more. The problem is if you play well but lose you start to lose faith and we can't afford to decline into our annual Christmas depression.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Defence on 22:12 - Nov 22 with 2677 viewsBeckenhamhoop

Will Warburton stick with the defenders he’s got or try and get a CD in on loan in January? This can’t be allowed to carry on. It’s almost shambolic. Out of the usual three CD’s it seems Leistner is the one who’s more often at fault that the other two. To me, he seems far too limited for a footballer at this level, both technically and mentally. How he let Kamara get away from him to score their first goal was amateurish.
Defence on 22:14 - Nov 22 with 2643 viewsbosh67

Defence on 22:12 - Nov 22 by Beckenhamhoop

Will Warburton stick with the defenders he’s got or try and get a CD in on loan in January? This can’t be allowed to carry on. It’s almost shambolic. Out of the usual three CD’s it seems Leistner is the one who’s more often at fault that the other two. To me, he seems far too limited for a footballer at this level, both technically and mentally. How he let Kamara get away from him to score their first goal was amateurish.

We are zonal marking not man marking. We don't track players coming at us.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Defence on 22:22 - Nov 22 with 2604 viewsdistortR

Defence on 22:14 - Nov 22 by bosh67

we're marking?
Defence on 22:32 - Nov 22 with 2526 viewsBeckenhamhoop

Defence on 22:14 - Nov 22 by bosh67

Does this explain why you’d run away from the opposition Center Forward in order to mark a zone devoid of any players at all?
Defence on 23:45 - Nov 22 with 2348 viewsAntti_Heinola

Defence on 22:12 - Nov 22 by Beckenhamhoop

Thought Hall was just as culpable there to be honest. Was v late to react to the danger.

Bare bones.

Defence on 23:51 - Nov 22 with 2319 viewsEGRanger

Three central defenders - not one marking - but Hall could see the situation best but did not react to either go across himself or warn Leistner that he had lost his man
Defence on 00:57 - Nov 23 with 2172 viewsingeminate

The defence is awful. The players individually have all shown themselves to be OK in the past and I’ll wager with a different system and coaching will go on to be half decent elsewhere.

Currently they are the most dysfunctional defensive unit I can recall seeing. No communication, very little positional awareness, they don’t mark, wingbacks miles out of position, don’t stop crosses coming in, flat footed, make the same type of mistake agin and again without rectifying.

We’ve had much worse players than this lot, and much worse managers, I can’t work out why it’s such a shit show.

If not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled. PG Wodehouse
Poll: Should Jimmy be sacked?

Login to get fewer ads

Defence on 01:09 - Nov 23 with 2146 viewssuperhoopdownunder

This defence is even worse than the one we had in 1990 when we last had a long run of conceding at least 2 goals a game
Back then you could go and buy someone and we did we got Darren Peacock in and turned things around.
Don Howe was an excellent coach especially defensively and we improved and became very good over the following seasons

We need to change the players or the system we play as it is not working.
We can only change players in January and the end of the season.

I have little confidence in either keeper
Toni seems to be out of his depth
Hall marginally better
Wallace seems ok although slow

This mess needs to be fixed
If we can get the defence sorted we can improve significantly
[Post edited 23 Nov 2019 1:13]
Defence on 08:10 - Nov 23 with 1901 viewsBushRanger82

Yep, can't remember it ever being as bad as this.
Cannot have any confidence in goalkeeper, or defence, no matter who plays.
Defence on 08:49 - Nov 23 with 1837 viewsWadR

Don't think 3 at the back suits any of our centrehalves individually other than Barbet. Leistner looks a little positionally lost (losing his man last night and v Brentford) and is often put into difficult positions when we try and play out. Hall often seems a bit too high and right, often ends up in one on ones versus opposition wingers which exposes his lack of pace.

Both look better in a 2 imo, although obviously, as we've already seen this season, 4 at the back isn't going to magically solve the problems. And then you can't really start Hugill and Wells.
Defence on 09:07 - Nov 23 with 1785 viewsozexile

Defence on 08:49 - Nov 23 by WadR

Don't think 3 at the back suits any of our centrehalves individually other than Barbet. Leistner looks a little positionally lost (losing his man last night and v Brentford) and is often put into difficult positions when we try and play out. Hall often seems a bit too high and right, often ends up in one on ones versus opposition wingers which exposes his lack of pace.

Both look better in a 2 imo, although obviously, as we've already seen this season, 4 at the back isn't going to magically solve the problems. And then you can't really start Hugill and Wells.

I think at home you can, by playing 4-4-2 diamond.
Defence on 09:21 - Nov 23 with 1750 viewsBeckenhamhoop

Defence on 23:45 - Nov 22 by Antti_Heinola

Thought Hall was just as culpable there to be honest. Was v late to react to the danger.

I agree and said exactly the same in the match thread but Leistner was marking Kamara and he completely let him get away from him inside the box, was on the wrong side of him (schoolboy stuff) and seemed to lose all interest in what Kamara may have been doing.....like scoring! It was 80% down to Leistner 20% Hall.
Defence on 09:32 - Nov 23 with 1726 viewsfrancisbowles

Defence on 09:21 - Nov 23 by Beckenhamhoop

I agree and said exactly the same in the match thread but Leistner was marking Kamara and he completely let him get away from him inside the box, was on the wrong side of him (schoolboy stuff) and seemed to lose all interest in what Kamara may have been doing.....like scoring! It was 80% down to Leistner 20% Hall.

The defence should move across as a unit so Wallace moved, Leistner moved to stop a large gap from appearing but Hall was not where he needed to be and therefore a huge gap appeared between him and Leistner.

Second goal, Lumley, who otherwise was very good, took a bad touch and then had a panic and rushed his kick.
[Post edited 23 Nov 2019 9:33]
Defence on 09:42 - Nov 23 with 1689 viewsgazza1

MW will address the situation in January.....we also miss the class of Barbet.

Toni is not good enough and was poor for their first goal but Hall didnt help much. MW talks about defending as a team and Manning defended pretty poorly as well when the guy went around him with ease and put in a cross for the goal.

The second was Lumley 100% with a mis-kick.
Defence on 10:33 - Nov 23 with 1619 viewsstevec

We’re getting monstered by strong mobile centre forwards, that may not be such an issue in December fixtures so hopefully some respite before the January sales.

We need a centre half with a plausible understanding of man marking and a keeper who genuinely believes he can keep the ball out the net. Shouldn’t be that hard to find you’d think.
Defence on 10:38 - Nov 23 with 1611 viewsDorse

Zonal marking: when was the last time you saw a zone score?

Zonal marking can get in the sea, along with short corners and those brightly coloured boots with no laces.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Defence on 10:47 - Nov 23 with 1589 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I actually thought that for periods we defended better last night than we have all season, a low bar to clear, I realise.

Once again we were undone by individual errors; the first is just shoddy marking the second a poor decision by Lumley who should have worn out shoe leather on that one.

Not looking to exonerate the defenders and goalie, three of whom are chronically off-form (and that's being charitable), but once again we were swamped in centre midfield and the oppo poured through there with ease. We're under constant pressure at the back as a result.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Defence on 12:26 - Nov 23 with 1509 viewsfrancisbowles

Defence on 10:47 - Nov 23 by BrianMcCarthy

I actually thought that for periods we defended better last night than we have all season, a low bar to clear, I realise.

Once again we were undone by individual errors; the first is just shoddy marking the second a poor decision by Lumley who should have worn out shoe leather on that one.

Not looking to exonerate the defenders and goalie, three of whom are chronically off-form (and that's being charitable), but once again we were swamped in centre midfield and the oppo poured through there with ease. We're under constant pressure at the back as a result.

Agree with all that Brian, except I thought our centre midfield was fine in the first half Amos, Ball and Eze all doing very well. After their goal Fulham got going a bit and after their subs we struggled. I was however surprised when Amos was taken off as I still thought he was pretty effective.
Defence on 12:35 - Nov 23 with 1490 viewssuperhoopdownunder

As per Jack Supple on Twitter

#QPR have conceded 2+ goals in 9 consecutive league games — only between October-December 1951 (10 games) have they had a longer such run in the Football League.
Defence on 13:01 - Nov 23 with 1440 viewsTacticalR

This season is all about breaking records.

Air hostess clique

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024