Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Seny and Sam off next? 09:30 - Jun 29 with 12020 viewsQPunkR

FLW reckoning Hull and Boro are in for Seny :( This would make me particularly sad as it's not exactly a massive step up for him.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/middlesbrough-hull-in-transfer-tussle-for-qpr-

Also talk elsewhere of Field being eyed up :( :(

https://www.footballinsider247.com/sources-leeds-united-and-burnley-plot-raids-f

QPR - "shit but local"

Seny and Sam off next? on 09:59 - Jun 29 with 6126 viewsBAWHoops

I think Football Insider is actually not that unreliable. The journo who writes for it is usually spot on.
Wouldn't surprise me if Boro have made a bid

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

Seny and Sam off next? on 10:01 - Jun 29 with 6109 viewsStanisgod

Need to keep Field at all costs.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Seny and Sam off next? on 10:09 - Jun 29 with 6045 viewsHunterhoop

Seny and Sam off next? on 10:01 - Jun 29 by Stanisgod

Yeah, I fear for this team without Field. Without him we would have been easily relegated last year.

The issue is, if there is interest, and the offers are good, the model says this is the team to sell. I’m sure we have the option on his deal so it’s really 2 years left, but either way this is the time to sell when there is interest.

Given the impact on the team - we have no other remotely competent central midfielder, let alone a defensive midfielder which this defence desperately needs - the offer needs to be significant for us to accept. I’d put that figure at £10m. Chair and Willock are more disposable to this side and the way we’re likely to play.
Seny and Sam off next? on 10:18 - Jun 29 with 5972 viewsAntti_Heinola

Seny and Sam off next? on 10:09 - Jun 29 by Hunterhoop

Yeah, I fear for this team without Field. Without him we would have been easily relegated last year.

The issue is, if there is interest, and the offers are good, the model says this is the team to sell. I’m sure we have the option on his deal so it’s really 2 years left, but either way this is the time to sell when there is interest.

Given the impact on the team - we have no other remotely competent central midfielder, let alone a defensive midfielder which this defence desperately needs - the offer needs to be significant for us to accept. I’d put that figure at £10m. Chair and Willock are more disposable to this side and the way we’re likely to play.

They'd snap anyone's hand off for £3m.

Bare bones.

Seny and Sam off next? on 10:47 - Jun 29 with 5802 viewsLoyalitat

Seny and Sam off next? on 10:01 - Jun 29 by Stanisgod

Why should he stay. He's way better than the dross that will be around him by the start of the forthcoming season.
Seny and Sam off next? on 11:00 - Jun 29 with 5707 viewsBlue_Castello

Seriously they are both click bait sites, it wasn't rocket science to work out that both Boro and Hull need keepers and then it's a case of what teams goalkeeper can they poach, oh yeah plenty of rumours that QPR are in financial trouble let's pick their goalkeeper, do we honestly believe this guy has inside information....

So it's about creating column inches or in this case internet clicks, nobody would be surprised if other clubs were interested in Sam Field, he was outstanding last year, it's not too difficult to pluck two clubs out of thin air and say they are interested, bang you have an article.
If there's remotely any substance they will offer some derogatory transfer fee in the hope that the club is that desperate they will take the first offer on the table, we all know our Financial situation is not good but let's just hope they find some way to hold onto Field.

The contract extension of Dykes gives me some small glimmer of hope that we may be able to keep Field but a large transfer offer may be too much to resist, then we are left with the grand sum of F all in midfield....
[Post edited 29 Jun 2023 11:02]
Seny and Sam off next? on 11:03 - Jun 29 with 5692 viewsTonto

whether or not there is any truth in these rumours, we have to sell any sellable asset we have and hope and pray that their cheaper replacements somehow match up. its the reality of our situation. Cant turn down any decent offer for anyone.

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Seny and Sam off next? on 11:43 - Jun 29 with 5579 viewsGloucs_R

Sell Field bring in Scowen... That's what my money is on

Very much think that Dieng will be sold. Then we have Walsh or Archer as his replacement.

I haven't seen enough of Archer to comment with a he would be good enough.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Login to get fewer ads

Seny and Sam off next? on 13:08 - Jun 29 with 5233 viewsHunterhoop

Seny and Sam off next? on 10:18 - Jun 29 by Antti_Heinola

I don’t think they would for Sam Field. The way Dobson and Ferdinand spoke about him at points last season, I don’t think they would.

We’ll get relegated without him unless there is some budget from his sales to allocate to strengthening the squad with several players. Even then, I think we’ll probably get relegated without some spectacular recruitment.
Seny and Sam off next? on 18:06 - Jun 29 with 4946 viewsqpr1976

Seny and Sam off next? on 09:59 - Jun 29 by BAWHoops

I think Football Insider is actually not that unreliable. The journo who writes for it is usually spot on.
Wouldn't surprise me if Boro have made a bid

Wouldn’t they have learnt their lesson from Lumley ??
Seny and Sam off next? on 18:29 - Jun 29 with 4845 viewsQPRConor2000

recon Lewis Wing potentially is another name weve been linked with.
Seny and Sam off next? on 19:18 - Jun 29 with 4665 viewskensalriser

Seny and Sam off next? on 18:06 - Jun 29 by qpr1976

Wouldn’t they have learnt their lesson from Lumley ??

I reckon they have so you won't be seeing them re-sign Lumley. Dieng however is an entirely different footballer.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Seny and Sam off next? on 19:24 - Jun 29 with 4632 viewsAntti_Heinola

Seny and Sam off next? on 13:08 - Jun 29 by Hunterhoop

I don’t think they would for Sam Field. The way Dobson and Ferdinand spoke about him at points last season, I don’t think they would.

We’ll get relegated without him unless there is some budget from his sales to allocate to strengthening the squad with several players. Even then, I think we’ll probably get relegated without some spectacular recruitment.

I think we're going down this season whatever happens, but it doesn't matter how highly me, you, Dobbo or Gaz think of Field, there's no way the club will pass up an offer of £3m or above imo. Represents a big profit, and is exactly what everyone is saying we should be doing.
Much easier (and cheaper) to buy a CDM than a creator or scorer.

Bare bones.

Seny and Sam off next? on 19:30 - Jun 29 with 4602 viewsNorthernr

Sadly I think anti is right. If somebody offered £3m+ for Field he’d be gone.
Seny and Sam off next? on 20:12 - Jun 29 with 4505 viewsGloucs_R

Laughable suggestions Boro offered £3m for Dieng

Seny and Sam off next? on 20:34 - Jun 29 with 4422 viewsvanrrrr

Seny and Sam off next? on 10:18 - Jun 29 by Antti_Heinola

All makes Dykes extension that bit odder… he is in the papers and press after scoring for Scotland , So interest from other clubs at a high and instead signs an extension for a club where the best players around him will be flogged… does not add up

Or maybe modern football has got me cynical and he actually just loves the club and is willing to stick it out.
Seny and Sam off next? on 22:34 - Jun 29 with 4177 viewsNorthernr

Seny and Sam off next? on 20:34 - Jun 29 by vanrrrr

All makes Dykes extension that bit odder… he is in the papers and press after scoring for Scotland , So interest from other clubs at a high and instead signs an extension for a club where the best players around him will be flogged… does not add up

Or maybe modern football has got me cynical and he actually just loves the club and is willing to stick it out.

Well the Hibs lad going to Millwall when he’s turned them down in January is a bit of a weird curveball there.

And the promise they made Eze was if he signed an extension they would not stand in his way of a move, just don’t do a Bright/Manning/Willock basically and earn a bit more dough in the meantime. Palace wasn’t the best bid on the table in the end but it was the one Eze wanted, he’d done right by us so we went with it and negotiated some chunky add ons. I wonder whether Dykes, with the short term Millwall fox gone, has been promised a similar thing.
Seny and Sam off next? on 22:50 - Jun 29 with 4089 viewsdaveB

I hope Field stays but he's not irreplaceable. The Wycombe fella Wing we are linked with is a similar type of player, we seem keen on Scowen as well.
Seny and Sam off next? on 00:38 - Jun 30 with 3931 viewsgolborne

Seny and Sam off next? on 19:24 - Jun 29 by Antti_Heinola

I think we're going down this season whatever happens, but it doesn't matter how highly me, you, Dobbo or Gaz think of Field, there's no way the club will pass up an offer of £3m or above imo. Represents a big profit, and is exactly what everyone is saying we should be doing.
Much easier (and cheaper) to buy a CDM than a creator or scorer.

Covers a lot of defensive ground, but he can’t trap a football and for all those who hated us playing negative across the back football (they’re mostly the big field fans) check who plays it back more than anybody. What I will give him, and why I kinda like him, he knows his limitations, but would also like to see him be braver on the ball
Seny and Sam off next? on 00:41 - Jun 30 with 3919 viewsstainrods_elbow

Seny and Sam off next? on 10:09 - Jun 29 by Hunterhoop

Lose Chair and Willock, and we're done with creativity.

Lose Field, and there goes our shield.

I think if we sell one of them, plus Seny, we'll be relegated, and will deserve to be. Mind you, we might offset our losses by a few quid, so, great, let's be grateful for that if it happens. In 2024/25, we could sell Smyth to Palace for 5m, and gratefully sink to League Two.

I suspect Les has left the building a la Gerry the 2nd time around in order to dissociate himself in advance, as he knows (or has been told) the writing's on the wall, and it ain't pretty.

It gets to the point that, when you try to talk about the whole idea of being a football supporter being about excitement and dreams, the 'pragmatic' part of the fanbase looks at you askance as if you're some kind of weird nostalgia freak - but it's good to know what side you're on. Meanwhile, for those of us who aren't fans because we're wedded to/apologists for a business model and downwardly managed expectations, I salute you.

[Post edited 30 Jun 2023 0:52]

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Seny and Sam off next? on 07:12 - Jun 30 with 3708 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Wouldn't be surprised if they both go, and £3m for s free transfer signing is a good bit of business.
Highlights how the DoF role at club has not been implemented correctly as well. If you sell an asset a ready made replacement is either at the club already or will be signed using the profit from the sale.
Yet we have no replacements and we have no money.
Seny and Sam off next? on 07:29 - Jun 30 with 3661 viewsstevec

Seny and Sam off next? on 20:12 - Jun 29 by Gloucs_R

Laughable suggestions Boro offered £3m for Dieng

Didn’t we only get £3m for Smithies, so I’d doubt we’d get any more than £3m for Dieng.
Seny and Sam off next? on 08:05 - Jun 30 with 3592 viewsdistortR

Seny and Sam off next? on 22:34 - Jun 29 by Northernr

Well the Hibs lad going to Millwall when he’s turned them down in January is a bit of a weird curveball there.

And the promise they made Eze was if he signed an extension they would not stand in his way of a move, just don’t do a Bright/Manning/Willock basically and earn a bit more dough in the meantime. Palace wasn’t the best bid on the table in the end but it was the one Eze wanted, he’d done right by us so we went with it and negotiated some chunky add ons. I wonder whether Dykes, with the short term Millwall fox gone, has been promised a similar thing.

Just hope one of the major Dykes add-on's isn't him being capped by England.
Seny and Sam off next? on 08:06 - Jun 30 with 3586 viewsGloucs_R

Seny and Sam off next? on 07:29 - Jun 30 by stevec

Didn’t we only get £3m for Smithies, so I’d doubt we’d get any more than £3m for Dieng.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was another Dickie transfer fee. £750k plus add ons.

I can't see a championship club spending £3m on a keeper who is out of contract in a year.

Then do we stick with Archer and Walsh or find a new keeper??
[Post edited 30 Jun 2023 8:07]

Seny and Sam off next? on 08:12 - Jun 30 with 3548 viewsdmm

Seny and Sam off next? on 08:06 - Jun 30 by Gloucs_R

I wouldn't be surprised if it was another Dickie transfer fee. £750k plus add ons.

I can't see a championship club spending £3m on a keeper who is out of contract in a year.

Then do we stick with Archer and Walsh or find a new keeper??
[Post edited 30 Jun 2023 8:07]

I'd be alarmed if Archer was the no 1 keeper this season. If Dieng goes we definitely need a replacement.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024