Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sylla 00:18 - Apr 18 with 4508 viewsDraytonR

Would I be alone in thinking that Sylla should never be allowed to put a hooped shirt on again . I know he has scored a couple but I really think he is totally gash .
Sylla on 00:31 - Apr 18 with 3734 viewsCroydonCaptJack

I'm not his greatest fan but he is our top scorer on ten.
Sylla on 00:41 - Apr 18 with 3723 viewskensalriser

Not only that, but if you go on goals per minute played he'll be way ahead.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Sylla on 01:07 - Apr 18 with 3693 viewsBakes

Very unfair on Sylla, he's defiantly unorthodox, he looks clumsy but his control is good and he passed the ball well today, on one ocassion he played a ball across the pitch and inbetween the Sheff Wed defence which created a good chance for us. I haven't been his biggest fan this season but today he worked hard and got yet another goal, what everyone seems to be forgetting is Sylla wants balls in the box from crosses out wide, recently we seem to have stopped playing with wingers (hence Wszolek not getting a game recently) so the crosses aren't coming in, at the start he scored most of his goals this way notably Fulham away, we don't seem to be playing to our strikers strengths at the moment, Sylla through out his career has scored goals from crosses, Washington scored 90% of his goals from running in from the left and cutting in or playing off the shoulder and using his pace and strength to be beat the defender, at the moment we're doing neither. He hasn't started many games and often comes off the bench but despite this Sylla has scored 10 goals.

With Faith And Courage Comes Glory

Sylla on 01:17 - Apr 18 with 3671 viewsJigsore

unlike Polter (i say because of the mention of unorthodox strikers) he actually has a knack for getting goals, especially off the bench. Definitely a good player to have in the squad for rotation
[Post edited 18 Apr 2017 1:17]

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Sylla on 05:52 - Apr 18 with 3548 viewsHitch

A tad harsh
Sylla on 07:13 - Apr 18 with 3431 viewsstowmarketrange

Sylla on 01:17 - Apr 18 by Jigsore

unlike Polter (i say because of the mention of unorthodox strikers) he actually has a knack for getting goals, especially off the bench. Definitely a good player to have in the squad for rotation
[Post edited 18 Apr 2017 1:17]

We should always start with Smith up front and use Sylla as a sub for when the opposing centre backs are tired after having to put in a shift.
Yesterday the Wednesday pairing could've sat in deck chairs for the 1st half.
Sylla on 08:11 - Apr 18 with 3282 viewstraininvain

Bloke sat behind me yesterday kept saying 'Sylla's done sweet FA' until his mate reminded him that he got our goal.

Not saying he's the answer to all our problems but to single him out is wrong. Sylla needs to be used correctly & at the moment Holloway is the man responsible for getting that right.
Sylla on 08:45 - Apr 18 with 3190 viewsbosh67

I think he worked hard yesterday. He isn't the greatest player but he does have some idea where the goal is.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Login to get fewer ads

Sylla on 08:59 - Apr 18 with 3152 viewssmegma

Sylla on 00:31 - Apr 18 by CroydonCaptJack

I'm not his greatest fan but he is our top scorer on ten.

So was Agyemang at one point at QPR.
Sylla on 09:53 - Apr 18 with 3056 viewsrunningman75

Football has evolved but he is the type of player that we could play 4-4-2 with him and Washington up front. I watched the Bristol City game when he stuck out his leg and scored. Not the prettiest goal but sometimes a striker needs feeding.
Sylla on 10:50 - Apr 18 with 2969 viewsBromleyHoop

Watching Sylla doing the shooting drills in the warm up before the match is one of my highlights of going to LR. It's hysterical, he couldn't hit a barn door. He is the sole reason the club is having to put nets up behind the goals to protect the fans. Having said that I'd have him as a squad player as he does seem to have the knack of scoring.

Poll: Who is your player of the season

Sylla on 10:51 - Apr 18 with 2963 viewsdaveB

I quite like him although I didn't think he had a good game yesterday. He does have a goal in him, think thats 10 for the season now
Sylla on 10:57 - Apr 18 with 2938 viewsparker64

Sylla on 10:50 - Apr 18 by BromleyHoop

Watching Sylla doing the shooting drills in the warm up before the match is one of my highlights of going to LR. It's hysterical, he couldn't hit a barn door. He is the sole reason the club is having to put nets up behind the goals to protect the fans. Having said that I'd have him as a squad player as he does seem to have the knack of scoring.

Must say getting to the ground early to watch the warm ups can be illuminating. Some of the technique displayed yesterday was quite funny especially the volleys. No wonder they're putting up nets next season. Think you'll need them to go as high as the Upper Loft.

Noticed yesterday how pissed off Washington looked. He's normally quite bubbly but doing the stiffs drills by the Ellerslie he wasn't interested.
Sylla on 11:00 - Apr 18 with 2921 viewsrobith

He's a striker who scores so I don't think we can be too blase about that

He's not very good with his head, but is pretty good at chesting it and laying it off

He is also just a bit weird, sometimes does super odd things

Overall I like him, but he can be infuriating. Like the rest of our squad tbh
Sylla on 11:42 - Apr 18 with 2856 viewsJamesB1979

We have a chap that gets the blame in each position. In defence, step forward Nedum. In midfield, it's Henry and up front it's good old Sylla. Henry is useless but the other 2 are better than other options. Sylla has not only got a good goal scoring record but he does also seem to be in the right place at the right time when a chance happens. Yes he misses a few but we have far worse problems than him.
Sylla on 12:02 - Apr 18 with 2818 viewsBromleyHoop

Sylla on 11:42 - Apr 18 by JamesB1979

We have a chap that gets the blame in each position. In defence, step forward Nedum. In midfield, it's Henry and up front it's good old Sylla. Henry is useless but the other 2 are better than other options. Sylla has not only got a good goal scoring record but he does also seem to be in the right place at the right time when a chance happens. Yes he misses a few but we have far worse problems than him.

I'm not digging him out completely. I think he's got potential to be a bit of a cult hero and, as I said, he's got a goal in him. We definitely have worse than him. I'd get rid of Mackie in a heart beat. I find him embarrassing to watch. Some people seem to think he's above criticism coz he's got the right spirit!

Poll: Who is your player of the season

Sylla on 12:28 - Apr 18 with 2761 viewssimmo

Facing goal and around the 6 yard box = good player and finisher
Back to goal anywhere outside the area = not so much

With the right build up and service he could score plenty, but he's a bit mental and seemingly unable to adapt too quick. The communication is obvs a bit of an issue too.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Sylla on 12:59 - Apr 18 with 2686 views1MoreBrightonR

he can be so frustrating to watch...he does odd things, his body language is terrible and he misses some sitters but he has an eye for a goal and in a team with pretty bad striking options, he actually scores. 10 goals for probably less than 50% of the games this season isnt bad and its painful watching how quickly fans at the game give him abuse despite that.
Sylla on 13:02 - Apr 18 with 2674 viewsJamesB1979

Sylla on 12:59 - Apr 18 by 1MoreBrightonR

he can be so frustrating to watch...he does odd things, his body language is terrible and he misses some sitters but he has an eye for a goal and in a team with pretty bad striking options, he actually scores. 10 goals for probably less than 50% of the games this season isnt bad and its painful watching how quickly fans at the game give him abuse despite that.

just wearing gloves is enough for some
Sylla on 13:05 - Apr 18 with 2659 viewstraininvain

Ok so most agree he can be frustrating to watch but has a goal in him.

Not sure how that translates to ' should never be allowed to put a hooped shirt on again'.
Sylla on 13:06 - Apr 18 with 2650 viewsJamesB1979

Sylla on 13:05 - Apr 18 by traininvain

Not sure how that translates to ' should never be allowed to put a hooped shirt on again'.

its the gloves i tell ya...
Sylla on 13:09 - Apr 18 with 2632 viewsToast_R

Not sure how you can call out the top scorer and request he never wear the shirt?
With the right coaching and a better understanding of English, at 26 he could improve massively on his game which isn't that bad. Washington gets little criticism despite starting more games.
Sylla on 14:16 - Apr 18 with 2512 views1MoreBrightonR

Sylla on 13:05 - Apr 18 by traininvain

because we are QPR fans, that's how!
Sylla on 14:34 - Apr 18 with 2478 viewsStevenageRanger

Sylla on 00:41 - Apr 18 by kensalriser

Not only that, but if you go on goals per minute played he'll be way ahead.

I just looked up his minutes played via whoscored.com

He has played 1453 minutes this season so a goal every 145.3 mins.

For info

Washington is 1 in 368.8 (6 goals)
Smith 1 in 215.8 (4)
Mackie 1 in 896 (1)
Ngbakoto 1 in 438 (3)

Based on Sylla's stats, it calls out the following

Idrissa Sylla Characteristics

Strengths
Finishing - Strong

Weaknesses
Holding on to the ball - Very Weak
Offside awareness - Weak
Aerial Duels - Weak
Passing - Weak
Sylla on 16:28 - Apr 18 with 2345 viewsDraytonR

Sylla on 14:34 - Apr 18 by StevenageRanger

I just looked up his minutes played via whoscored.com

He has played 1453 minutes this season so a goal every 145.3 mins.

For info

Washington is 1 in 368.8 (6 goals)
Smith 1 in 215.8 (4)
Mackie 1 in 896 (1)
Ngbakoto 1 in 438 (3)

Based on Sylla's stats, it calls out the following

Idrissa Sylla Characteristics

Strengths
Finishing - Strong

Weaknesses
Holding on to the ball - Very Weak
Offside awareness - Weak