Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Trying to remember a game?? 16:49 - Jul 12 with 2264 viewstheLANEtrain

Trying to remember a game back in the mid 90's maybe (this could be totally the wrong period) when there was a huge thunderstorm in the middle of the game, and the ref had to stop it in the middle for about 15 minutes or so. Can anyone remember when it was or who it was against? Tried google-ing it but nothing came up... It could be that i dreamt it...
Trying to remember a game?? on 16:57 - Jul 12 with 1867 viewsNorthernr

Huddersfield H in the FA Cup, 1-1 draw and Hateley scored at the end - a goal we missed because of the delay we'd had to leave for the train back up north. Won the replay with an Alan McDonald goal.
Trying to remember a game?? on 17:07 - Jul 12 with 1840 viewstheLANEtrain

Trying to remember a game?? on 16:57 - Jul 12 by Northernr

Huddersfield H in the FA Cup, 1-1 draw and Hateley scored at the end - a goal we missed because of the delay we'd had to leave for the train back up north. Won the replay with an Alan McDonald goal.

Cool, cheers. Been trying to remember that for about a week!! we couldn't think of it at all...
Trying to remember a game?? on 17:26 - Jul 12 with 1800 viewskingo

Trying to remember a game?? on 17:07 - Jul 12 by theLANEtrain

Cool, cheers. Been trying to remember that for about a week!! we couldn't think of it at all...

Or Grimsby away in about 1981 last game of the season I think.

Just checked it was 1983
[Post edited 12 Jul 2017 17:30]

RIP: Sniffer, Doug and Pat

Trying to remember a game?? on 17:55 - Jul 12 with 1769 viewstheLANEtrain

Trying to remember a game?? on 17:26 - Jul 12 by kingo

Just checked it was 1983

Not sure i would remember that one... I was established in 1988!!
Trying to remember a game?? on 18:02 - Jul 12 with 1757 viewsNorthernr

Trying to remember a game?? on 17:55 - Jul 12 by theLANEtrain

Not sure i would remember that one... I was established in 1988!!

But it says 1982 on your badge?
Trying to remember a game?? on 19:15 - Jul 12 with 1714 viewsenfieldargh

Bristol City home

26th April 1977

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Trying to remember a game?? on 19:27 - Jul 12 with 1695 viewsmakaveli1882

I though it was 1 nil defeat at home in cup, thin Wayne Alison scored ...could be wrong
Trying to remember a game?? on 19:35 - Jul 12 with 1679 viewsonlyrinmoray

Heres one for the oldies.... What game did Mark Lazarus rip his shorts He was changing them on the sidelines and Rodney passed the ball to him and he ran off down the wing without his shorts Was that in my imagination or did it happen ? I just know it was at home in the depths of time
Login to get fewer ads

Trying to remember a game?? on 19:37 - Jul 12 with 1674 viewsmakaveli1882

Trying to remember a game?? on 19:35 - Jul 12 by onlyrinmoray

Heres one for the oldies.... What game did Mark Lazarus rip his shorts He was changing them on the sidelines and Rodney passed the ball to him and he ran off down the wing without his shorts Was that in my imagination or did it happen ? I just know it was at home in the depths of time

That did happen I spoke to him about it at 67 event
Trying to remember a game?? on 19:51 - Jul 12 with 1656 viewsDWQPR

Trying to remember a game?? on 17:26 - Jul 12 by kingo

Just checked it was 1983

Was at that Grimsby game, last game of the season at Blundell Park. We had won the Second division at a canter. Rained hard during the first half and then the heavens really opened at half time. Second half kicked off with at least a third of the pitch under water and us losing 1-0. Stainrod then lobbed their keeper and the ball got stuck in the goalmouth, que a huge scramble of players, most of whom ended up in the net with the ball. Final score 1-1. Thankfully the rain had stopped by the time we left the ground.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Trying to remember a game?? on 20:35 - Jul 12 with 1617 viewsBucksRanger

Trying to remember a game?? on 19:35 - Jul 12 by onlyrinmoray

League Cup Quarter Final vs Carlisle - 2-1 - December 7th 1966.

One of the funniest moments ever. I swear Rodney waited until his shorts were completely off before laying on the pass to Mark who was on the edge of the pitch. Decent run and cross from Mark with his new shorts in his hand.
Trying to remember a game?? on 21:16 - Jul 12 with 1567 viewsToast_R

Oddy, didn't the same thing happen when we played Huddersfield at LR in a third round FA cup match in 1998? Lost 1-0 but I remember the players coming out for the second half as a storm of golf ball size hailstones came down and they all had to bugger off back up the tunnel sharpish until it stopped?
Trying to remember a game?? on 21:45 - Jul 12 with 1534 viewsCamberleyR

I might be wrong but I think that goal against Huddersfield was the first occurrence of the useless cünt's ear cupping 'celebration'.
[Post edited 12 Jul 2017 21:46]

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Trying to remember a game?? on 22:46 - Jul 12 with 1463 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Trying to remember a game?? on 21:45 - Jul 12 by CamberleyR

I might be wrong but I think that goal against Huddersfield was the first occurrence of the useless cünt's ear cupping 'celebration'.

I think so, too.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Trying to remember a game?? on 09:32 - Jul 13 with 1303 viewsNorthernr

Trying to remember a game?? on 21:16 - Jul 12 by Toast_R

Oddy, didn't the same thing happen when we played Huddersfield at LR in a third round FA cup match in 1998? Lost 1-0 but I remember the players coming out for the second half as a storm of golf ball size hailstones came down and they all had to bugger off back up the tunnel sharpish until it stopped?

You and Maka may well be right, I just thought it was the previous one because I know we'd definitely left before Hateley scored.

Back in those days (during the war) if we had to shoot off early to get our train back north the first we knew of any late goals was picking up a copy of the Green 'Un at Doncaster station at about 8pm. There was a 2-2 with Man City where Kinkladze scored at the end that we thought we'd won 2-1 for several hours.
Trying to remember a game?? on 09:51 - Jul 13 with 1273 viewshoof_hearted

Trying to remember a game?? on 18:02 - Jul 12 by Northernr

But it says 1982 on your badge?

Not fair to leave that unapplauded. Still life's not fair. Olly told me. 83 times. And his father told him, apparently.
Trying to remember a game?? on 10:55 - Jul 13 with 1235 viewskingo

Trying to remember a game?? on 19:51 - Jul 12 by DWQPR

Was at that Grimsby game, last game of the season at Blundell Park. We had won the Second division at a canter. Rained hard during the first half and then the heavens really opened at half time. Second half kicked off with at least a third of the pitch under water and us losing 1-0. Stainrod then lobbed their keeper and the ball got stuck in the goalmouth, que a huge scramble of players, most of whom ended up in the net with the ball. Final score 1-1. Thankfully the rain had stopped by the time we left the ground.

That was the one. Celebrated in Skegness on the way home, a brilliant night with about 70 of us in a big disco pub. Many, many stories from that night.

RIP: Sniffer, Doug and Pat

Trying to remember a game?? on 10:58 - Jul 13 with 1230 viewsTheChef

Also Reading at home midweek, I think 96/97? Massive storm/hailstorm just before the game, I think in the end they postponed it?

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Trying to remember a game?? on 11:11 - Jul 13 with 1220 viewssmegma

I can only remember the replay!!!!
Trying to remember a game?? on 12:01 - Jul 13 with 1179 viewssuperstan

This is pure fantasy, we don't win FA cup games 😀
Trying to remember a game?? on 12:38 - Jul 13 with 1145 viewsW7Ranger

Trying to remember a game?? on 21:45 - Jul 12 by CamberleyR

Also done it in the Cup game away to Wimbledon that we lost 2-1.

F*ck me, does that mean he scored twice for us???
Trying to remember a game?? on 12:57 - Jul 13 with 1126 viewsCamberleyR

Trying to remember a game?? on 12:38 - Jul 13 by W7Ranger

Also done it in the Cup game away to Wimbledon that we lost 2-1.

F*ck me, does that mean he scored twice for us???

I can also remember him doing it after scoring in an away midweek game at Swindon as well. Think that may have been inbetween the Huddersfield and Wimbledon games.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Trying to remember a game?? on 13:40 - Jul 13 with 1070 viewsW7Ranger

Trying to remember a game?? on 12:57 - Jul 13 by CamberleyR

I can also remember him doing it after scoring in an away midweek game at Swindon as well. Think that may have been inbetween the Huddersfield and Wimbledon games.

3????

He was clearly worth the £1.5m we spent on him 22 years ago!!
Trying to remember a game?? on 13:43 - Jul 13 with 1062 viewsW7Ranger

Trying to remember a game?? on 12:57 - Jul 13 by CamberleyR

No that can't be right. Swindon weren't in the Prem then. Maybe a League cup game, but not in between the Huddersfield and Wimbledon games, as that would've around mid-January which would've been around the q/final stages. Maybe earlier in the season v Swindon in the league cup? But I honestly can't remember...
Trying to remember a game?? on 13:43 - Jul 13 with 1062 viewsEsox_Lucius

Trying to remember a game?? on 20:35 - Jul 12 by BucksRanger

League Cup Quarter Final vs Carlisle - 2-1 - December 7th 1966.

One of the funniest moments ever. I swear Rodney waited until his shorts were completely off before laying on the pass to Mark who was on the edge of the pitch. Decent run and cross from Mark with his new shorts in his hand.

25th anniversary of the attack on Pearl Harbour :-) I remember it too. V. funny at the time, worth a smile these days too.

The grass is always greener.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024