Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hyde Park gigs. 13:33 - Jul 11 with 2671 viewsSonofNorfolt

On a whim, I decided to go and see Tom Petty on Sunday, the last of the scheduled BST concerts.
When negotiating/threatening ticket sellers over the phone, I got one for 30 quid that cost 129.50 (Gold) My mate also got one for the same price, just general entry but good enough, within one minute of crossing Park Lane.
This brief cost 65.50, the cheapest available.
The next priced ticket was the 79.50 Priority Entry. This allowed entry an hour before anybody else so you're able to plot up at the front, except that you are not at the front, the Gold section is immediately in front of you, so you are 150 yards behind the front of them.
Gold, as mentioned, shiny wristband holders can get close enough to Stevie Nicks to realise that she was almost certainly wearing a wig.
Then there were diamond tickets, 249.50. These allow you to sit on the adjacent terrace, but no free bar. For that money I would at least expect topless service and to sing backing vocals on 'Refugee'.
This is without booking fees.
A Westminster council licence to print money, (sprinklers not fitted)

Good show though.
Hyde Park gigs. on 13:40 - Jul 11 with 2650 viewsLythamR

Did they do "stop dragging my heart around" ?

I need to know
Hyde Park gigs. on 13:48 - Jul 11 with 2631 viewsSonofNorfolt

Hyde Park gigs. on 13:40 - Jul 11 by LythamR

Did they do "stop dragging my heart around" ?

I need to know

Yep, Stevie came back on naked.
Hyde Park gigs. on 14:07 - Jul 11 with 2597 viewsFearless

60k tickets at an average of £100 is £6m, over 6 nights = £36m just in ticket sales

You can probably add £40 pp per gig in food/drinks he s you to around £50m

(No idea if this is even close - just a guess)
Hyde Park gigs. on 14:34 - Jul 11 with 2559 viewsrobith

And this has been the first year they haven't been reduced to selling tickets for a fiver in "accidental" leaks to fill the place
Hyde Park gigs. on 14:48 - Jul 11 with 2522 viewsMick_S

Hyde Park gigs. on 14:07 - Jul 11 by Fearless

60k tickets at an average of £100 is £6m, over 6 nights = £36m just in ticket sales

You can probably add £40 pp per gig in food/drinks he s you to around £50m

(No idea if this is even close - just a guess)

Just been asked to pay £100 a go for tickets to see Chic ( sorry Mel - slight hijack). He'll be up all night if he thinks I'm paying that.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Hyde Park gigs. on 15:47 - Jul 11 with 2395 viewsWrightUp5hit___

Again please forgive a slight hijack, but all those prices above make the £37.50 I paid for a seat in nice, cosy and comfortable Shepherds Bush Empire on Friday night look brilliant value.

All the more so in that it was, in my opinion, gig of the year. Taj Mahal and Keb Mo
Hyde Park gigs. on 16:10 - Jul 11 with 2353 viewscolinallcars

I remember paying ten bob (50p) to see the likes of Cream, Jimi Hendrix and Jeff Beck at the Marquee. And I moaned about the price !
Hyde Park gigs. on 16:45 - Jul 11 with 2307 viewsSonofNorfolt

Hyde Park gigs. on 14:34 - Jul 11 by robith

And this has been the first year they haven't been reduced to selling tickets for a fiver in "accidental" leaks to fill the place

Yeah, not sure about that, as I got in for a fiver to Neil Young that year, 2014. I think it was a cock -up.
Login to get fewer ads

Hyde Park gigs. on 16:46 - Jul 11 with 2301 viewsSonofNorfolt

Hyde Park gigs. on 14:48 - Jul 11 by Mick_S

Just been asked to pay £100 a go for tickets to see Chic ( sorry Mel - slight hijack). He'll be up all night if he thinks I'm paying that.

At the Dome? A oner to sit up in the Gods? Perhaps Bernard Edwards will be playing.
Hyde Park gigs. on 17:10 - Jul 11 with 2262 viewsrobith

Hyde Park gigs. on 16:45 - Jul 11 by SonofNorfolt

Yeah, not sure about that, as I got in for a fiver to Neil Young that year, 2014. I think it was a cock -up.

Except the two years before I got tickets in the same "cock up" for £2.50, all on days that were dramatically undersold. A music forum I used to post on had an annual countdown to cheap tickets thread for these gigs
[Post edited 11 Jul 2017 17:11]
Hyde Park gigs. on 21:33 - Jul 11 with 2081 viewsonlyrinmoray

Ive always wanted to see Tom Ive been a fan since his 1st album Ive still got it on vinyl but I refuse to pay crazy prices. ELO was another rip off price. However I got fooled on viagogo I saw on their site that Sigur Ros tickets in Glasgow in the stalls, were going for £66 so I clicked on put my card details in and ended paying £94 with add ons (handling fee VAT & booking fee) any one else got conned by them ? I will never go near their site again

A ticket to see the brilliant Steven Wilson at the same venue cost me £41
Hyde Park gigs. on 09:14 - Jul 12 with 1887 viewsFearless

Hyde Park gigs. on 21:33 - Jul 11 by onlyrinmoray

Ive always wanted to see Tom Ive been a fan since his 1st album Ive still got it on vinyl but I refuse to pay crazy prices. ELO was another rip off price. However I got fooled on viagogo I saw on their site that Sigur Ros tickets in Glasgow in the stalls, were going for £66 so I clicked on put my card details in and ended paying £94 with add ons (handling fee VAT & booking fee) any one else got conned by them ? I will never go near their site again

A ticket to see the brilliant Steven Wilson at the same venue cost me £41

Viagogo are a terrible company but unfortunately do fulfil a role - Twickets are much better
Hyde Park gigs. on 10:54 - Jul 12 with 1825 views1MoreBrightonR

i went a few years ago to a couple of these because a friend of mine is the tour manager for a band that was playing. I was in the Gold area at the front and was pretty disgusted that all the 'normal' people with tickets were kept about 150 yards from the stage. The gold was just full of people on the guestlist like me and people connected to the sponsors.

Also, the whole event such a giant advert for its sponsors, they should almost be letting people in for free. punters paying £70 for the privilege to stand 150m away from a stage while Barclaycard bombard them with advertising.
(No subject) (n/t) on 13:55 - Jul 12 with 1765 views100percent

Hyde Park gigs. on 15:01 - Jul 14 with 1561 viewsMick_S

Hyde Park gigs. on 16:46 - Jul 11 by SonofNorfolt

At the Dome? A oner to sit up in the Gods? Perhaps Bernard Edwards will be playing.

I've just got that.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Hyde Park gigs. on 04:42 - Jul 15 with 1449 viewsjonno

It's the absolutely outrageous prices of tickets for gigs these days that is no doubt the reason why many old has-been bands are "reforming" - they will make more money from live appearances now than they ever did when they were actually any good. Plenty of mugs about to get fleeced.
Hyde Park gigs. on 15:29 - Jul 16 with 1338 viewsRock1980

Great show by Mr. Petty & the Heartbreakers - need to get Son of Northolt on that Brexit Negotiation quick if he can negotiate those sort of discounts.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024