Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Blast from the past 23:21 - Aug 29 with 2791 viewswombat

Damian Delaney , released by palace 36 years old , decent injury record and is a centre back .
Not seeen us connected to him atall but would be worth a punt till the end of the season

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Blast from the past on 23:44 - Aug 29 with 2744 viewsRs_Holy

Yes please
Blast from the past on 09:07 - Aug 30 with 2507 viewspeejaybee

Does he want more than £100,000 Per Week.

If at first you dont succeed, pack up and f**k off home.

Blast from the past on 09:24 - Aug 30 with 2477 viewsenfieldargh

Blast from the past on 09:07 - Aug 30 by peejaybee

Does he want more than £100,000 Per Week.

spooky, was thinking of him as a stop gap only yesterday, must have been a subconscious coincidence

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Blast from the past on 09:52 - Aug 30 with 2430 viewsCroydonCaptJack

He has been really good for them the last few years.
Blast from the past on 09:59 - Aug 30 with 2400 viewsfrancisbowles

If we could get him, which I doubt as he was on top league wages, he might be good on the left of three central defenders.
Blast from the past on 10:20 - Aug 30 with 2349 viewsichbinnaughty

Decent shout.

I was always surprised at how good a career (and how well he played) after he was with us.
Although he wasn't terrible with us, I wouldn't say he was outstanding, but he went on to be a very reasonable premier league defender for a number of seasons - and fair play to him.
He'd do a great job for us for a season.
Better than that donkey Lynch
Blast from the past on 10:27 - Aug 30 with 2330 viewsPunteR

Id imagine he would want big wages. I dont see the point in short term signings atm.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Blast from the past on 11:47 - Aug 30 with 2241 viewseastside_r

Blast from the past on 10:20 - Aug 30 by ichbinnaughty

Decent shout.

I was always surprised at how good a career (and how well he played) after he was with us.
Although he wasn't terrible with us, I wouldn't say he was outstanding, but he went on to be a very reasonable premier league defender for a number of seasons - and fair play to him.
He'd do a great job for us for a season.
Better than that donkey Lynch

We of course played him out of position at left back. Did he not say on the podcast that his experience at the club was not a good one (the Tango and Cash era.)

So would he really want to come back? I’d think that he would have better offers than any proposition we could make.

Personally I would have him back like a shot. Good no-nonsense Clint Hill-type signing.
Login to get fewer ads

Blast from the past on 12:00 - Aug 30 with 2202 viewsLythamR

I was sat on the left hand side of the away end at Vicarage road and had a very close view of exactly how much effort he put in during the 3-0 game under Sousa

No Fu*^ing Thanks
Blast from the past on 12:27 - Aug 30 with 2139 viewsBlue_Castello

Blast from the past on 11:47 - Aug 30 by eastside_r

We of course played him out of position at left back. Did he not say on the podcast that his experience at the club was not a good one (the Tango and Cash era.)

So would he really want to come back? I’d think that he would have better offers than any proposition we could make.

Personally I would have him back like a shot. Good no-nonsense Clint Hill-type signing.

Agreed the problem is we are shopping in the bargain basement and we need at minimum a stop gap to cover the current injuries, even if Hall, Lynch and Perch get fit they are liable to break down again with their current records.
That leaves us with the Chief who is a better Championship player than most give him credit for, Caulker whose probably never going to make the grade before his contract expires and Baptiste who looks like a very average defender, maybe he will get better not holding my breath.

We need an experienced centre back for this season to give us cover and if Delaney is currently injury free then he may well be worth taking a punt on, his form at Palace was impressive and I can't see a 36 year old being able to demand massive wages, that arse Terry maybe an exception but he's playing on reputation.
Blast from the past on 12:34 - Aug 30 with 2108 viewsTacticalR

Anyone got Ryan Nelsen's number?

Air hostess clique

Blast from the past on 12:42 - Aug 30 with 2078 viewsdanehoop

Blast from the past on 12:34 - Aug 30 by TacticalR

Anyone got Ryan Nelsen's number?

Given he was linked to a recent report about failed drug tests in football, not sure that would be such a good idea.

Never knowingly understood

Blast from the past on 13:12 - Aug 30 with 1999 viewsmcqpr10

gigi de canio had him playing practically as a left winger. was told he was a real leader in the dressing room but similar to Sir Clint I think we should be looking at someone younger.
Blast from the past on 13:23 - Aug 30 with 1953 viewsAntti_Heinola

Blast from the past on 12:42 - Aug 30 by danehoop

Given he was linked to a recent report about failed drug tests in football, not sure that would be such a good idea.

He was given a TUE.
Enormous difference.
He didn't fail a drug test, he declared the use of a corticosteroid and was allowed to use it for medical reasons.
That 'report' (it wasn't a report) was hacked info that basically means nothing at all.

Bare bones.

Blast from the past on 15:29 - Aug 30 with 1794 viewsM40R

Isn't he a QPR supporter? Seem to remember him saying that in an interview and even attendng a match when out injured at Palarse...
Blast from the past on 16:01 - Aug 30 with 1734 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

I remember him getting dogs abuse from fans!
Blast from the past on 23:37 - Aug 30 with 1504 viewswombat

Blast from the past on 16:01 - Aug 30 by BazzaInTheLoft

I remember him getting dogs abuse from fans!

Went to one of the fans forums when Delaney was with us , the question to the panel which was Delaney rowlands and maybe ainsworth was how did you think this season went , rowlands was diplomatic Delaney said it as it was his answer shit , was played out of position when with us and was so pi$$ed off he was thinking of giving football up totally before he went to palace. He'd be a good signing if wage wasn't mental , decent player and a leader on the pitch

Poll: which is your favouite foot

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024