Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Their Second Goal. 01:28 - Sep 13 with 2412 viewsBoston

Smithies got beat from a tight angle. Just saying like.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Their Second Goal. on 01:42 - Sep 13 with 2400 viewsDeepcutHoop

You mean he's not infallible?

Their Second Goal. on 03:46 - Sep 13 with 2336 viewstimcocking

He's made a few errors.

But so will every keeper. His account is still bleeding miles into the black. And it's his unflappable demeanour i like. No Schmeichel like glory hunting. Cool as fcuk. And resplendent in his extremely tasteful two-tone green shirt.
Their Second Goal. on 07:10 - Sep 13 with 2208 viewsozranger

I think his save in the first two minutes easily made up for being beaten at the near post. He was angry with himself and not the defence who had given the ball away and created the goal.
Their Second Goal. on 07:12 - Sep 13 with 2196 viewsJuzzie

Jesus wept.

He also made a near point blank save after just 45 seconds, another save from a close range shot on the sort of side on half volley, another save at the near post from a tight angle... and those were just in the first half.

Is this what's going to happen after every game we don't win...... people start posts about individual players? Smithies, Bidwell, Wzsolek, Robinson just from from last night alone.
Their Second Goal. on 07:16 - Sep 13 with 2176 viewsRoller

Smithies kept us in the match in the first half with at least 2 stunning saves and a couple of other merely great ones. Their second goal was at the far end to me so I can't comment on the angle but any striker with the time and space that Wallace had should be scoring.
Their Second Goal. on 07:33 - Sep 13 with 2121 viewsDesertBoot

Lionel Messi has missed a penalty. Just saying.

Wish I could be like David Watts

Their Second Goal. on 09:07 - Sep 13 with 1966 viewssimmo

Don't 'just say'

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Their Second Goal. on 09:10 - Sep 13 with 1954 viewsNorthernr

Made a save after about 40 seconds last night that most keepers couldn't even dream about pulling off. Just saying. Just saying.
Login to get fewer ads

Their Second Goal. on 09:20 - Sep 13 with 1899 viewsWatford_Ranger

He's our best player by a mile. Still don't understand how Bournemouth chose to spunk £10m on Begovic when we'd have probably taken half that.

Our last goalkeeper was Rob Green. Remember his form for the last fking year and a half he was here?
Their Second Goal. on 10:16 - Sep 13 with 1817 viewssmegma

The shot appeared to go through his legs. That's not down to him more down to the fact it went like a Kim Jung Un ballistic missile. He was probably our best player last night, the game would have been over by 30 minutes if it wasn't for him.
Their Second Goal. on 10:21 - Sep 13 with 1801 viewsrobith

Yeah he wasn't great for the second goal, but

a) the ball shouldn't have even made it there (What was Baptiste doing????)
b) he's got more than enough credit in the bank. More than enough.
Their Second Goal. on 14:23 - Sep 13 with 1658 viewsdannyblue

I haven't seen a replay but that save in the first minute was just incredible. Perhaps the best I've seen.
Their Second Goal. on 14:27 - Sep 13 with 1645 viewsNW5Hoop

Their second goal was the result of us being outnumbered in the final third of the field, despite having more men on the pitch. It came after we had switched to three forwards - Millwall got possession and all three forwards stayed at the halfway line, with a couple of midfielders keeping them company. It was if they all thought: they've only got 10 men, we can't be outnumbered. Well, you can be if no one comes back.
Their Second Goal. on 14:32 - Sep 13 with 1626 viewssimmo

Their Second Goal. on 14:27 - Sep 13 by NW5Hoop

Their second goal was the result of us being outnumbered in the final third of the field, despite having more men on the pitch. It came after we had switched to three forwards - Millwall got possession and all three forwards stayed at the halfway line, with a couple of midfielders keeping them company. It was if they all thought: they've only got 10 men, we can't be outnumbered. Well, you can be if no one comes back.

Exactly absolutely spot on - it was actually odd watching it and Neil next to me was shouting at them to get involved, we were playing like it was 11 v 5!

Robinson also got caught out quite badly, drawn out and letting Wallace spin behind into space, with so few numbers back it meant nobody had tucked in and covered. Furstrating goal to concede and easily avoidable but added to the urgency and their decision to sit even deeper and try and defend which cost them 2 points come the end.

The Smithies save at 45sec was incredible, think the Reading one was slightly better as I still don't know how he even saw it but this was pure reflex and especially good to push it so far over the bar. Mental.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Their Second Goal. on 15:08 - Sep 13 with 1552 viewsSuffolkHoop

I assume this thread is a joke, or at least tongue in cheek.

Smithies is the best goalkeeper we've had in a decade or more, and saves us many more points than he costs us.
Their Second Goal. on 15:09 - Sep 13 with 1547 viewsBoston

Their Second Goal. on 15:08 - Sep 13 by SuffolkHoop

I assume this thread is a joke, or at least tongue in cheek.

Smithies is the best goalkeeper we've had in a decade or more, and saves us many more points than he costs us.

Well spotted sir, pass it along.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Their Second Goal. on 15:49 - Sep 13 with 1488 viewskensalriser

First goal was a tight angle too. Someone posted it might have been a mishit but I don't think so, it was a damn good goal and I'm not sure that Freeman was all that badly at fault. Sometimes you just have to give credit to the oppo.

Can't see Millwall going down if they play like that most weeks.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Their Second Goal. on 16:02 - Sep 13 with 1456 viewsblacky200

Their Second Goal. on 15:09 - Sep 13 by Boston

Well spotted sir, pass it along.

But you are not getting the point. Any, absolutely any mistake, be it real or imagined, should result in said player being horsewhipped, publicly humiliated and placed on the transfer list pronto. Man the positivity on this board is ruining it for everyone.
Roll on getting back to the days where we all hate every player, manager, coach, owner and slag em off at every opportunity.
Their Second Goal. on 17:02 - Sep 13 with 1377 viewsPinnerPaul

1st goal was Freemans fault - just saying like

Our 1st goal - their GK should get better contact on the punch - just saying like

Our 2nd goal - ball bounces off their defender - just saying like

All goals are preventable - at some stage in the build up, oppo will do something wrong.

In fact their 2nd goal is much more down to Robinson than Smithies - just saying like.
Their Second Goal. on 17:16 - Sep 13 with 1350 viewsbob566

Their Second Goal. on 17:02 - Sep 13 by PinnerPaul

1st goal was Freemans fault - just saying like

Our 1st goal - their GK should get better contact on the punch - just saying like

Our 2nd goal - ball bounces off their defender - just saying like

All goals are preventable - at some stage in the build up, oppo will do something wrong.

In fact their 2nd goal is much more down to Robinson than Smithies - just saying like.

agreed on the second goal. Also 9/10 the player hits that wide or over or into smithies hands. Sometimes you just have to say good strike. Very preventable but a very good goal for them.
Their Second Goal. on 17:41 - Sep 13 with 1320 viewsPinnerPaul

Their Second Goal. on 17:16 - Sep 13 by bob566

agreed on the second goal. Also 9/10 the player hits that wide or over or into smithies hands. Sometimes you just have to say good strike. Very preventable but a very good goal for them.

Agree Bob about the good strikes.

However even Ipswich's goal was preventable.

Mass slips and should get closer as should, Freeman I think it was, just before the shot.

As I say you can usually find 'someone' to blame for every goal!
Their Second Goal. on 18:03 - Sep 13 with 1293 viewsBrazilNutR

Both the finished for there 2 goals were 1 in 10 goals, they were pretty lucky and 9 times out of 10 the same player wouldn't have finished successfully from those positions.. thats the beauty of football, stuff happens..
But then again that save in the first minute, was a 9 times of 10 goes in one...
Their Second Goal. on 18:24 - Sep 13 with 1268 viewstheQPRking

What was obvious to everyone apart from our players was that in the conditions last night, rainy and super slippery, any shot drilled along the surface is going to require a very good save to stop it going in. So when their player found himself in acres of space in the box with the ball at his feet, he did the simple things well, make sure its on target, hard and low. Smithies will be angry with himself as he holds himself to very high standards.

On the other hand, their keeper was pony, numerous times we had the opportunity to drill it in and yet no one seemed to think it was a good idea until Mass scored.

I love Freeman, think he's been a revelation since his arrival, but a freekick, dying seconds of the game, edge of the box with a very small chance to get the ball up and over their neanderthal wall and in the back of the net, should have been told.. Lay it across for someone to smash it at goal. Take your pick, Mass, Wzolek, Scowen, Robinson, Freeman himself, any you would fancy smashing it in from the edge. Add to that deflections, and floodlights/rain in the keepers eyes, could have won us the game.
Their Second Goal. on 18:25 - Sep 13 with 1267 viewsbosh67

Their Second Goal. on 09:10 - Sep 13 by Northernr

Made a save after about 40 seconds last night that most keepers couldn't even dream about pulling off. Just saying. Just saying.

Totally agree. That save in the first minute was one a lot of keepers wouldn't have been sharp enough to save. Plus a host of others first half to keep us in it. Just saying as they say.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Their Second Goal. on 18:43 - Sep 13 with 1229 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Their Second Goal. on 10:16 - Sep 13 by smegma

The shot appeared to go through his legs. That's not down to him more down to the fact it went like a Kim Jung Un ballistic missile. He was probably our best player last night, the game would have been over by 30 minutes if it wasn't for him.

Thought he could have been further out, maybe?

But, as you and many others have said, he made plenty other good saves and the first one was a truly great save.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024