Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just back 22:19 - Sep 12 with 5154 viewsBakes

Turned out to be a decent spectacle, Milwall's first goal was a superb strike, Freeman just missed the ball on the stretch and Milwalls player caught it beautifully, second goal came from Baptiste attempting to bring it down on his chest but Milwall nicked it off him ran down the pitch and scored, despite this neither Freeman or Baptiste let it affect them and both were fantastic in the second half, once Milwall were down to 10 it was all Rangers, they sat deep the whole 45 and did well to soak up our attacks, once Smith and Sylla came on it left a bit of space at the edge of the box for Luongo, Freeman and Scowen to pass the ball left or right to the wings or shoot. Luongo's strike was a peach and Smith finished his goal well. Tough game but what superb spirit.
[Post edited 12 Sep 2017 22:21]

With Faith And Courage Comes Glory

Just back on 22:32 - Sep 12 with 4088 viewsBlackCrowe

Pure entertainment. Loved it.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Just back on 22:34 - Sep 12 with 4054 viewsNW5Hoop

The worrying thing was how little trouble we caused them when they had 11 players - they dominated the game and didn't let our midfield three get any rhythm going. Second half was pretty much all Rangers, but the quality of our crossing was abysmal - constantly standing up little chips that the Millwall defence dealt with easily. But a lot of spirit to come back from two down.

One thing on Millwall - I thought Steve Morison was outstanding. 127 years old, upfront on his own once they were down to 10, and constantly gave them an out. Never looked like scoring, because it would have taken him 20 minutes to get into the box, but someone who worked so hard for his team.
Just back on 22:36 - Sep 12 with 4019 viewsstowmarketrange

A real game of two halves.We moved upstairs to PU for the 2 no half and thoroughly enjoyed it up there.What an atmosphere for the last 20 minutes.
Just back on 22:36 - Sep 12 with 4019 viewsVancouverHoop

"I thought Steve Morison was outstanding. 127 years old, upfront on his own once they were down to 10, and constantly gave them an out. Never looked like scoring, because it would have taken him 20 minutes to get into the box, but someone who worked so hard for his team."

He did kinda look like scoring when he almost chipped Smithies from the halfway line.
[Post edited 12 Sep 2017 22:37]
Just back on 22:45 - Sep 12 with 3872 views1MoreBrightonR

They completely bossed our midfield when it was eleven on eleven as a few people mentioned they may in advance. Great game though and great spirit.

Baptiste the first half was a disaster at right back but second half he settled down a bit in the middle. Needs to not have to think and he's a little better .
Just back on 23:03 - Sep 12 with 3608 viewsstevec

Millwall fans must be gutted, far the better team till the sending off.

Did their homework and clattered Scowen out the game for the most part. Thing I don't understand is we function best when Scowen sits at the back of the midfield, yet quite often he switches with Luongo who always always slows the game down. We needed to get on front foot, move the ball fast and it just didn't happen.

Seems don't matter how many left backs we put out there we still look sh it down that side.

Plus side, we kept at it on a bad night.
Just back on 23:04 - Sep 12 with 3585 viewsbosh67

Just back on 22:34 - Sep 12 by NW5Hoop

The worrying thing was how little trouble we caused them when they had 11 players - they dominated the game and didn't let our midfield three get any rhythm going. Second half was pretty much all Rangers, but the quality of our crossing was abysmal - constantly standing up little chips that the Millwall defence dealt with easily. But a lot of spirit to come back from two down.

One thing on Millwall - I thought Steve Morison was outstanding. 127 years old, upfront on his own once they were down to 10, and constantly gave them an out. Never looked like scoring, because it would have taken him 20 minutes to get into the box, but someone who worked so hard for his team.

Spot on. I thought Ollie got the team selection wrong against a massive team that played very much like the old Wimbledon used to. Nothing wrong with that but we couldn't cope and they didn't let us settled. Once we had Sylla and Smith on they at least had to think about us. Their keeper pulled off a catalogue of brilliant saves and Morrison was outstanding for them.

BUT... the team last year never would have come back from 2-0 so that is the difference. We never gave up. We often looked a bit static but we never gave up. Lua Lua at least gave us something down the left which eventually stretched them.

Dreadful ref tonight. Far too quick to book Ned and not really sure it was a red for them. The guy was late on Scowen but it was very wet and they both went flying in. Stopped play when we were pretty much clean through. He did however punish them for time wasting.

Millwall will probably feel they missed a chance to win but we showed character and we never gave up. Their keeper had a brilliant game.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Just back on 23:07 - Sep 12 with 3534 viewsAgedR

Big physical test for us. First half we were out fought and were in danger of going under. Freeman earned a petulant booking and neither Scowan or Mass could get a hold of the game.

Credit to the way we reacted after they went down to 10 (was it a red, I couldn't really see?). I thought we lacked a bit of pace and creativity, but, we never gave up and showed great spirit.

Ref a massive bell end.

Poll: Who do we want out of the way?

Login to get fewer ads

Just back on 23:09 - Sep 12 with 3514 viewssmegma

Any other day we would have scored 8 if it wasn't for Jordan Archer. How many saves did he make???
Millwall played superbly from the word go and even with 10 men still played well. Great spectacle and great comeback.
Just back on 23:10 - Sep 12 with 3504 viewsQPR_John

In all this excitement about drawing level I'm glad somebody else has pointed this out. The second half, against 10 men, should not hide the way we were given the run around in the first plus the inability of the bench to change things.
Just back on 23:11 - Sep 12 with 3480 viewskensalriser

My first game of the season and I thought that performance was rank. They were all over us in the first half and outbattled us easily. I couldn't figure out the game plan at all except that taking ages on the ball and playing statues off it seemed a large part of it.

Second half wasn't a whole lot better considering and we got drawn in to way too many fouls late on. Always thought we could get caught on the break and once we drew level Wall looked the more likely winners. No question we would have lost this without the red card - they were doing a number on us and we had no answer.

Luongo probably the best player for me, the rest were meh. Barely even noticed Scowen.

Count me unimpressed.
[Post edited 12 Sep 2017 23:15]

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Just back on 23:12 - Sep 12 with 3477 viewsenfieldargh

awful Ref.

Only 5 mins extra time 2nd half????????

He spent two minutes telling off Oly

Their subs were farcical. The 2nd one #14 actually ran towards the Ellerslie from the centre circle after his number was put up on the board.

applaud the Millwall team, their fans, well I hope they get what they wished on Olly.

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Just back on 23:20 - Sep 12 with 3390 viewsWatford_Ranger

Entertaining, chaotic, poor quality, a cigarette paper away from the best opposition goal possibly ever at Loftus Road, hit the post and bar.

But the one thing I'll remember from this game is what dreadful control of the game a supposed Premier League referee managed. Turned up thinking it was beneath him IMO and treated the players with contempt. Utterly clueless and the lack of injury time was the cherry on the cake.
Just back on 23:26 - Sep 12 with 3320 viewsstowmarketrange

Just back on 23:20 - Sep 12 by Watford_Ranger

Entertaining, chaotic, poor quality, a cigarette paper away from the best opposition goal possibly ever at Loftus Road, hit the post and bar.

But the one thing I'll remember from this game is what dreadful control of the game a supposed Premier League referee managed. Turned up thinking it was beneath him IMO and treated the players with contempt. Utterly clueless and the lack of injury time was the cherry on the cake.

What was his thinking when he stopped play in the 1st half only when the Millwall player went down injured but was prepared to carry on when our player was down?
Just back on 23:37 - Sep 12 with 3211 viewsBklynRanger

Just back on 22:32 - Sep 12 by BlackCrowe

Pure entertainment. Loved it.

Me too. That team was a handful no matter how you looked at it. All part of the learning experience.
Just back on 23:42 - Sep 12 with 3170 viewsWatford_Ranger

Just back on 23:26 - Sep 12 by stowmarketrange

What was his thinking when he stopped play in the 1st half only when the Millwall player went down injured but was prepared to carry on when our player was down?

A complete farce.

Allowed Archer as much time as he liked with every goal kick.

Five mins injury time when it could have been fifteen. Doubt we got even five.

That sub that took longer than most of my shags (combined).

I could go on.
Just back on 23:49 - Sep 12 with 3114 viewsactonman

Leagues apart from the Ipswich performance and tbh, I thought we where pretty sh!te. Had it stayed 11 v 11 I don't think we would have had the answers to get back in the game

However, we done what we had to and with a bit more luck would have won a game that millwall came out fighting for while we just turned up.

Disappointed we only got a point tonight but relieved at the same time
Just back on 23:52 - Sep 12 with 3086 viewskensalriser

To his credit he did card the keeper but the pisstaking continued because everyone in the ground knew he wasn't going to get a second. Consistently ridiculous ref but stopping play when we were in a handy position wins the prize.

Just back on 23:57 - Sep 12 with 3030 viewssmegma

Just read in the programme that Morison has been ever present since re-signing for Millwall in 2013. That takes some doing at 24 let alone 34.
Just back on 00:16 - Sep 13 with 2957 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

I don't think Millwall would have been able to keep up their first half performance with 10 or 11. Their second goal was clearly crucial. Hard to pick out any of our players for criticism. I may have brought on Manning instead of Lua Lua second half but wtf do I know. Happy with a point in the end.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Just back on 00:27 - Sep 13 with 2905 viewsconnell10

Just back on 23:11 - Sep 12 by kensalriser

My first game of the season and I thought that performance was rank. They were all over us in the first half and outbattled us easily. I couldn't figure out the game plan at all except that taking ages on the ball and playing statues off it seemed a large part of it.

Second half wasn't a whole lot better considering and we got drawn in to way too many fouls late on. Always thought we could get caught on the break and once we drew level Wall looked the more likely winners. No question we would have lost this without the red card - they were doing a number on us and we had no answer.

Luongo probably the best player for me, the rest were meh. Barely even noticed Scowen.

Count me unimpressed.
[Post edited 12 Sep 2017 23:15]

We are a work in progress and this performance is to be expected!
[Post edited 13 Sep 2017 0:30]

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Just back on 01:00 - Sep 13 with 2810 viewskensalriser

Just back on 00:27 - Sep 13 by connell10

We are a work in progress and this performance is to be expected!
[Post edited 13 Sep 2017 0:30]

Seems my expectations have been raised too high by all the positive reports this season. But by any yardstick that was a poor first half performance against a competent but limited newly promoted team who easily outfought and outpsyched us. Summed up by the woman in front of me, frustrated by yet another display of standing on the spot, shouting 'no-one wants it' and sure enough, no-one got it as the ball was given away cheaply by a 9 iron chip into the void. The ponderous build up play and failure to pass and move swiftly was all too reminiscent of last season.

The one positive for me was that heads didn't go down and we stuck at it. But all those negging my post need to take off the happy clapper goggles, because everything I said is fair.

Just back on 01:01 - Sep 13 with 2802 viewsLazyFan

The real problem I saw was no capability for a sense of urgency.
This I believe was not mental alone. They look tired all of them. Obviously the season was catching up with them.

Apart from the subs, only Baps and Freeman had legs, the rest did not. Hence Pavel unable to beat his man. Lungo trotting around the midfield. Mackie not running at them properly with the ball. Scowen just hanging deep in the centre. Ned not tracking the movement properly hence the yellow. Conor not really using the channels. Robinson was playing out of position. Bidwell we cannot tell if he was tired as he just ran up the left a lot but either passed back or delivered his usual easily defended cross as he always does.

They were clearly knackered. Totally shot. I think we can forgive them this time.
But they need to shape up as Millwall played the same amount of games and they ran all day.

Also we did hit the woodwork 3 times you know. And their goalie made several point blank saves. But most importantly against a crap team 2-0 down we did not fold. Last year we know that we would have capitulated.

Maybe play Manning and Wheeler, giving Pavel and Lungo a rest for these silly mid-week games on a Tuesday.
We need another CB and we need to play Lua or Bright on the left and drop Bidwell.

This will motivate the team immensely to never give up now. Being 2-0 down and they will still try. Being a man up will mean they will be more careful and also know how to use it. Lessons we hope have been learned.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

zzzzzzzzzz

Just back on 01:05 - Sep 13 with 2792 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Just back on 01:00 - Sep 13 by kensalriser

Seems my expectations have been raised too high by all the positive reports this season. But by any yardstick that was a poor first half performance against a competent but limited newly promoted team who easily outfought and outpsyched us. Summed up by the woman in front of me, frustrated by yet another display of standing on the spot, shouting 'no-one wants it' and sure enough, no-one got it as the ball was given away cheaply by a 9 iron chip into the void. The ponderous build up play and failure to pass and move swiftly was all too reminiscent of last season.

The one positive for me was that heads didn't go down and we stuck at it. But all those negging my post need to take off the happy clapper goggles, because everything I said is fair.

In your opinion.
Just back on 11:43 - Sep 13 with 2012 viewsBasingstokeR

My first game of the season this year and I agree with Kensal (especially on the expectation point). Frustrating when so much of the ball on the right in the first half was getting stuck at Baptiste and seemed a bit short on ideas of how we were going to build play. 2nd goal conceded horrible. 2nd half after the subs much better. Draw a fair result in the end.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024