Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sitting here in Limbo. 20:26 - May 16 with 2440 viewsDannyPaddox

Finally got hold of the programme for the last home game of this season. And with far too much time on my hands due to a well-earned hangover I've compiled these stats. By the way I'd heartlily recommend getting a copy of the prog. It celebrates 100 years of the Rs at Loftus Road. Some fantastic photos and articles going back through the decades. This edition's a bit special. Anyway stat-attack!

Doubles Clean sheets & Blanks

* The win in the last home game meant Birmingham City were the only team we beat home and away. 3-1 & 2-1

* 4 teams did the double over us: Forest, Leeds, Preston, Middlesbrough. And Real Hounslow if you include the Coke Can Cup

* We managed 7 clean sheets: 6 at home. Just the 1 away at Portman Road on Boxing Day

* In all competitions we failed to score against 3 teams at home. Burton, Middlesbrough, and Stilton Keynes. Two of those are now relegated and the other fluffed their play-off chance.

Saturday Kick Offs & Crowds

Of the 23 Home League games the number that kicked off at 3 'o' clock was 17. Last season was 11.

* Biggest Rs away turn out: Reading 3,243 on Good Friday

* Smallest Rs away turn out: Barnsley 335 Tuesday in September

* Smallest Rs Saturday turn out: 443 Middlesbrough in September.

* Smallest last season was 528 at Wolves on New Years Eve. (Respect to everyone who went to those games).

* Biggest away turn out at Loftus Road: Wolves 3194 Saturday, October

* Lowest away turn out at Loftus Rd: Burton 315 Saturday, September. That's 63 more than they brought last season. (Sad to see them get relegated)

Goal scorers/ Reds & Yellows

Smith
18 starts (26 subs) 11 goals
Sylla
12 starts (12 subs) 7 goals
Washington
23 starts (8 subs) 6 goals

* Goals scored from subs bench: 9
Smith got 5 of them. Mackie Sylla Washington & Freeman all got 1.

* Red Cards: 5. Baptiste & Mackie, both at PNE away in December. Scowen at Ipswich on Boxing Day. Onuoha at Hull in April. And the only red card we got at home was (are there spoiler toggle's on this board?) Clue. He'd only just come on as a sub. Another clue. We still won 1-0. And another clue: Goal was a worldy from Scowen. Answer: Only home red card: Ryan Manning.

* Yellows: 85. Most yellowest were Scowen & Lynch with 11. Luongo 10. Freeman 9 Bidwell 8. Lynch had a hot streak in March through to April with 4 in a row.

BCFC & POTUS

* Brum nuggets: Sir Alf Ramsey was their manager for most of 1977/78. I DONT REMEMBER THAT!

* They also had a manager in the 1920s called Billy Beer. Great name. Billy Beer was also the name of the Beer, Jimmy Carter's brother sold briefly in the mid 70s, cashing in on his bro being POTUS. Great name shit beer. Only in production for a year and in private Billy drank Pabst. These days Ivanka Trump, daughter of Donald POTUS is often seen rattling her own brand jewellery when she's on tv being interviewed or casually escalating tension in the Middle East with new embassy openings. I believe her tom business is going down the pan too. I digress.

Final Randoms

* Games won in this season's cup run: 1

* Song references I've never heard of in Clive Whittington's (mostly excellent) article: 1

* Number of letters in Cytotoxicology the longest word without using any of the letters from Queens Park Rangers: 14 (Courtesy of Kensal R)

* Another random one that came up during the Derby Fulham play off. We are one of the top 3 teams for winning after being a goal down. We did this 4 times.

* Our home points total (41) was the same as Derby's who finished in the play-offs. Our away points (15) were worse than Barnsley's who were relegated

Current number of managers we have: 0

Looking forward to next season big time. Yoooo Rrrrrssssss !!!

Btw: I've got all the lasts of the season going back to 1946 apart from 3. If you've got a spare one from 1950, 1953, or 1958 give us a shout.

[Post edited 16 May 2018 22:53]
Sitting here in Limbo. on 00:06 - May 17 with 2268 viewsBlueandWhiteRiot

Current number of managers we have: 0
Sitting here in Limbo. on 08:57 - May 17 with 2076 viewsqprxtc

Proper programme perusing Danny boy.

But did you get all six on the Spot the Difference photo?
Sitting here in Limbo. on 09:05 - May 17 with 2057 viewsCroydonCaptJack

I used to get the programme but don't any more and didn't realise that was a special edition.
Anyone got any idea how to buy one. The club shop doesn't seem to sell them?
Sitting here in Limbo. on 09:34 - May 17 with 2003 viewsDannyPaddox

Sitting here in Limbo. on 08:57 - May 17 by qprxtc

Proper programme perusing Danny boy.

But did you get all six on the Spot the Difference photo?

Got 4 straight away but struggling with the last two. Ah yes ... no traffic cone on Caulker's head. How did I miss that? One to go.

Croydon. Usually several individuals selling the same programme at different prices on eBay. This is an official seller:

http://programmemaster.com/product/qpr-v-birmingham-city/

Highly recommended. All involved putting this one together have done a great job.
[Post edited 17 May 2018 9:40]
Sitting here in Limbo. on 10:07 - May 17 with 1944 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Sitting here in Limbo. on 09:34 - May 17 by DannyPaddox

Got 4 straight away but struggling with the last two. Ah yes ... no traffic cone on Caulker's head. How did I miss that? One to go.

Croydon. Usually several individuals selling the same programme at different prices on eBay. This is an official seller:

http://programmemaster.com/product/qpr-v-birmingham-city/

Highly recommended. All involved putting this one together have done a great job.
[Post edited 17 May 2018 9:40]

Thanks mate
Sitting here in Limbo. on 10:16 - May 17 with 1923 viewssmegma

Sitting here in Limbo. on 09:05 - May 17 by CroydonCaptJack

I used to get the programme but don't any more and didn't realise that was a special edition.
Anyone got any idea how to buy one. The club shop doesn't seem to sell them?

Is that online ?? As usually they are behind the counter in the shop. Unless they sold out of course.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024