Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
"Hillsborough police chief to face manslaughter trial" 12:21 - Jun 29 with 3397 viewsBrianMcCarthy

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2018/jun/29/hillsborough-police-commander-da

Sunlight is the best disinfectant.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

"Hillsborough police chief to face manslaughter trial" on 17:15 - Jun 29 with 3310 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

I'll bump this as I think it deserves more attention.

'There but for the grace of god go I'.
"Hillsborough police chief to face manslaughter trial" on 18:52 - Jun 29 with 3265 viewsjohncharles

Quite right too. Now lets see Ken & Chelsea council charged over Grenfell.

Strong and stable my arse.

"Hillsborough police chief to face manslaughter trial" on 22:19 - Jun 29 with 3183 viewsqpr85

Am I the only one who thinks, although someone should be held accountable, no one who goes on trial for this disaster will ever get a "fair' trial.

No matter what anyone says no one is going to be impartial. The media, and rightly so, the families have not allowed the general public a years peace from this. Every year it's brought up again how the police messed up this and how the police covered up that.

As much as they won't peace I feel it's got to be a bit of hollow Victory.
However, saying that I have never been in their position so have no right to comment but just feel their time probably could be best spent worrying about something else rather than reliving that horrible day.
(No subject) on 01:22 - Jun 30 with 3115 viewssmegma

"Hillsborough police chief to face manslaughter trial" on 22:19 - Jun 29 by qpr85

Am I the only one who thinks, although someone should be held accountable, no one who goes on trial for this disaster will ever get a "fair' trial.

No matter what anyone says no one is going to be impartial. The media, and rightly so, the families have not allowed the general public a years peace from this. Every year it's brought up again how the police messed up this and how the police covered up that.

However, saying that I have never been in their position so have no right to comment but just feel their time probably could be best spent worrying about something else rather than reliving that horrible day.

96 humans didn't get a fair death either. I hope he swings. But he won't.
[Post edited 30 Jun 2018 1:29]
(No subject) on 06:15 - Jun 30 with 3075 viewsPlanetHonneywood

"Hillsborough police chief to face manslaughter trial" on 22:19 - Jun 29 by qpr85

So we let them - and by them I mean the establishment - get away with it!

It’s as much about sending out a clear message: no one, at no time, is above the law. And that message should permeate throughout the establishment. Hillsborough was a monumental cock up; that wouldn’t have happened if the SYP had followed the plans that worked the year previous. But as bad as that was; the subsequent cover up - that went to the top - is why the truth must out.

I’ve been of the view that the SYP called in the docket they’d held for doing Thatcher’s dirty work during the miners’ strike. Let’s see if the chickens come home to roost.

I’m also interested to see what happens to Norman Bettinson. He gave evidence in a case against a client of mine and never have I had a great sense of listening to a more two-faced oily testimony in all my days. I was not alone in my feelings about the guy.

Allegedly, he was in the key post-incident cover up. Actions like this merely undermine our confidence in the system. And all they had to do, own up, admit their errors and it would have gone away.

As said above...96 folks went to a game: SYP etc. need to take responsibility for why they never came home!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

"Hillsborough police chief to face manslaughter trial" on 04:37 - Jul 1 with 2883 viewsisawqpratwcity

It has to go to trial.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

(No subject) on 21:55 - Jul 1 with 2742 viewsjohncharles

Have we ever had a trial for corporate manslaughter in this country ? It’s about time.
[Post edited 2 Jul 2018 19:56]

Strong and stable my arse.

"Hillsborough police chief to face manslaughter trial" on 22:43 - Jul 1 with 2693 viewsToast_R

Finally caught up with him. Do you think he's always known this day would eventually come around?
I do wonder how he's managed to live with himself all these years though.
Login to get fewer ads

"Hillsborough police chief to face manslaughter trial" on 07:56 - Jul 2 with 2599 viewsTGRRRSSS

On a lovely top level police pension (index linked of course)

Think he's coped well, holidays well, likes the golf etc, lives quietly somewhere in Dorset.

He should along with others face trial for the cover up afterwards alot on the day probably got out of his control and there were some reasons that he was up to a point at least set up for failure - nonetheless even allowing for that he didnt seek advice from others more experienced than himself.

I look forward to his day in court.
"Hillsborough police chief to face manslaughter trial" on 17:38 - Jul 3 with 2462 viewsRangersw12

Sounds like the defence are already going for an unfair trial and I think they might have a point
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024