Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brentford odds???????? 17:36 - Nov 8 with 3724 viewsPinnerPaul

We're at home, joint top of last 6 form table, Brentford are 19th, we're at home and yet Brentford are favourites?????????

2/1 massive price for us to win I reckon.
Brentford odds???????? on 17:57 - Nov 8 with 2927 viewsRangersw12

100% agree

I suppose the only reason can be because we had such a poor start the bookies expect us to fall back down the table
Brentford odds???????? on 18:46 - Nov 8 with 2848 viewsactonman

We have beat them once a couple of years ago since they came up. Them and Fulham regularly take the p!ss at ours ..... London derby , form book goes out the window........ except when we are sh!te and we carry on that form

Nailed on draw
Brentford odds???????? on 18:54 - Nov 8 with 2829 viewscolinallcars

Brentford odds???????? on 18:46 - Nov 8 by actonman

We have beat them once a couple of years ago since they came up. Them and Fulham regularly take the p!ss at ours ..... London derby , form book goes out the window........ except when we are sh!te and we carry on that form

Nailed on draw

Why do people call a draw “desmond” .
Brentford odds???????? on 18:56 - Nov 8 with 2820 viewsflynnbo

Brentford odds???????? on 18:54 - Nov 8 by colinallcars

Why do people call a draw “desmond” .

Two two
Brentford odds???????? on 19:00 - Nov 8 with 2805 viewscolinallcars

Brentford odds???????? on 18:56 - Nov 8 by flynnbo

Two two

Tu Tu, I see it all now !
Brentford odds???????? on 19:05 - Nov 8 with 2791 viewsNorthernr

They haven't won away yet either.
I don't particularly fancy us, but agree the odds are strange.
Brentford odds???????? on 19:21 - Nov 8 with 2758 viewsWatford_Ranger

Odds are just an accumulation of opinions. If 2/1 is that overpriced then there will quickly be enough money on it to drag it down.
Brentford odds???????? on 20:31 - Nov 8 with 2649 viewsHunterhoop

Brentford odds???????? on 19:21 - Nov 8 by Watford_Ranger

Odds are just an accumulation of opinions. If 2/1 is that overpriced then there will quickly be enough money on it to drag it down.

They are and they aren’t. Every market has to be priced up by the layer (the bookie) in the first instance. Prices THEN change depending on money staked. It may well be there hasn’t been enough money placed to change it yet, and feasible the bookies are using metrics we don’t know of to price up initially...and this points to 2/1.

It was the bookies who used Expected Goals first as a metric to influence opening prices, before it became a punditry metric.

And they get wrong. The other week PP opened up at 20/1 on a novice hurdler 3 days before the race, who went off 9/2 and won. My mate was lucky enough to see it before the price changed and made a fair bit.
Login to get fewer ads

Brentford odds???????? on 08:02 - Nov 9 with 2485 viewskingsburyR

Brentford odds???????? on 20:31 - Nov 8 by Hunterhoop

They are and they aren’t. Every market has to be priced up by the layer (the bookie) in the first instance. Prices THEN change depending on money staked. It may well be there hasn’t been enough money placed to change it yet, and feasible the bookies are using metrics we don’t know of to price up initially...and this points to 2/1.

It was the bookies who used Expected Goals first as a metric to influence opening prices, before it became a punditry metric.

And they get wrong. The other week PP opened up at 20/1 on a novice hurdler 3 days before the race, who went off 9/2 and won. My mate was lucky enough to see it before the price changed and made a fair bit.

I've jumped on that on a treble with Brummie and Derby!

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Brentford odds???????? on 08:16 - Nov 9 with 2478 viewsWokingR

And let's not forget the manager of the month curse
Brentford odds???????? on 09:16 - Nov 9 with 2441 viewsstevec

The last time I took a bet on QPR (classmate even gave me the fckin draw) was in 1976 at Norwich.

NEVER. EVER. AGAIN.
Brentford odds???????? on 10:20 - Nov 9 with 2397 viewsPinnerPaul

Brentford odds???????? on 19:05 - Nov 8 by Northernr

They haven't won away yet either.
I don't particularly fancy us, but agree the odds are strange.

Yes that's my point. It doesn't matter what we all think the result will be - its just that based on the stats, current form, league positions etc - all the objective stuff that odds compliers/the computer use - point to us being favourites.

WatfordR makes a good point, IF overpriced and it DOES happen occasionally, then the price will soon come down if enough people bet on us - like me!

Will be interesting to see if Racing Post tip us up at that price - mind you they tipped us to beat Blackburn!
Brentford odds???????? on 10:43 - Nov 9 with 2368 viewsdaveB

player for player Brentford are better than us at the moment so can see why they are favourites plus they have beaten us in 4 of the last 5
Brentford odds???????? on 11:18 - Nov 9 with 2347 viewskingsburyR

Brentford odds???????? on 10:43 - Nov 9 by daveB

player for player Brentford are better than us at the moment so can see why they are favourites plus they have beaten us in 4 of the last 5

QPR 2 - Brentford 0

Wanna bet?

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Brentford odds???????? on 11:46 - Nov 9 with 2313 viewsdaveB

Brentford odds???????? on 11:18 - Nov 9 by kingsburyR

QPR 2 - Brentford 0

Wanna bet?

no thanks, hope you are right though
Brentford odds???????? on 16:44 - Nov 9 with 2151 viewsswisscottage

Bookies make ricks on a regular basis .. especially on early markets.

If you know what you are doing you can make a lot of money on horse racing markets on firms like BET365 who price up normal races the night before .. until of course they close your account for making money from their mistakes.

The match is priced around their relative places in the promotion /championship winning market ( Brentford 8th, Qpr 14th ) which in many ways has some bias in it from the start of the season.

If you were to analyse the match more closely though, this is a mistake ( imho). 14th placed teams are generally not capable of putting runs together of 23 points in 12 games.

Since Smith left they've lost to Bristol City, Preston and Norwich, and beat Millwall at home last weekend. They shipped 4 against Preston which takes some doing. At worst you could say the teams are equally matched right now when taking into account confidence, recent form, and relative team abilities .. which should make QPR about a 6/4 chance, not a 2/1 chance.

3.1 on Betfair is way too high a price for the game any way you look at it. 3.05 now I've put my bet on :).
Brentford odds???????? on 17:03 - Nov 9 with 2111 viewsstowmarketrange

Brentford odds???????? on 09:16 - Nov 9 by stevec

The last time I took a bet on QPR (classmate even gave me the fckin draw) was in 1976 at Norwich.

NEVER. EVER. AGAIN.

Last time I had a bet on Qpr was before we played Watford in the milk cup in 86.I had £5 on us to win the cup at 25/1.
I tried to tell the bookies that we won the final over 2 legs against Liverpool but the b@stards wouldn’t pay out.
Brentford odds???????? on 01:22 - Nov 10 with 1939 viewsmakaveli1882

Rangers 100/30 - 2 goals 5 corners

pair it up with either

Boro - 2 goals 5 corners or
Derby - 2 goals 5 corners

= £15.25/1

Thats your best bet
(No subject) (n/t) on 10:03 - Nov 10 with 1830 viewsswitchingcode

Brentford odds???????? on 10:25 - Nov 10 with 1794 viewsBoston

Now Secret Agent Devlin has come in from the cold, I expect us to use all his information and run out a 3-0 win.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Brentford odds???????? on 11:46 - Nov 10 with 1720 viewsPinnerPaul

Brentford odds???????? on 10:43 - Nov 9 by daveB

Based on what exactly Dave - if they were better than us 'player for player' they would be above us in the table no?
Brentford odds???????? on 11:51 - Nov 10 with 1711 viewskensalriser

Brentford odds???????? on 11:46 - Nov 10 by PinnerPaul

Based on what exactly Dave - if they were better than us 'player for player' they would be above us in the table no?

They might be come 5 o'clock.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Brentford odds???????? on 11:54 - Nov 10 with 1708 viewsPinnerPaul

Brentford odds???????? on 10:20 - Nov 9 by PinnerPaul

Yes that's my point. It doesn't matter what we all think the result will be - its just that based on the stats, current form, league positions etc - all the objective stuff that odds compliers/the computer use - point to us being favourites.

WatfordR makes a good point, IF overpriced and it DOES happen occasionally, then the price will soon come down if enough people bet on us - like me!

Will be interesting to see if Racing Post tip us up at that price - mind you they tipped us to beat Blackburn!

Well what do I know?

Racing Post have tipped...…...Brentford.

Now some of the logic is questionable and some just plain wrong.

Mentions because of the up coming transfer embargo we have a 'small squad' - well anyone buying a programme each week will tell you that comes form the Harry Redknapp method of counting players - we still have one of the biggest!

Mentions that transfer embargo means will be more than likely be avoiding relegation rather than chasing the top 6. Now how that logic (flawed I think) impacts on today's game is anyone's guess.

Our recent form is dismissed as 'having done better than expected'

Brentford 'have not got the number of points they should have' and apparently they will have 'too much quality' for our 'hard working side who are having to perform to maximum for anything we get'

Hmmmm this from Dan Childs - the man with his finger on the football league pulse - apparently!

Read more like the man trying to justify is recommendation for us to be relegated IMHO!

We'll soon see I guess!
Brentford odds???????? on 14:22 - Nov 10 with 1640 viewstimcocking

Shows the bookies know their stuff. Brentford will probably win.

Ahem, i never had any doubt!
[Post edited 10 Nov 2018 17:04]
Brentford odds???????? on 14:10 - Nov 11 with 1475 viewsPinnerPaul

Bookies and Racing Post wrong and I was right - doesn't happen very often!!!!!!!!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024