Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Derby County beat FFP 14:33 - Apr 2 with 7820 viewsBAWHoops

They made a massive profit because they sold their stadium to their chairman.

So there's nothing to stop QPR selling LR to Tune Group for an over inflated fee, becoming tenants and then using the money to invest back into the club

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

Derby County beat FFP on 14:35 - Apr 2 with 4915 viewsPunteR

Do we really want to sell LR to this lot?

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Derby County beat FFP on 14:41 - Apr 2 with 4878 viewsJamesB1979

Derby County beat FFP on 14:35 - Apr 2 by PunteR

Do we really want to sell LR to this lot?

They own it anyway don’t they?
Derby County beat FFP on 14:45 - Apr 2 with 4827 viewsTheChef

Ooooooh cunning!

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Derby County beat FFP on 14:50 - Apr 2 with 4801 viewsPunteR

Derby County beat FFP on 14:41 - Apr 2 by JamesB1979

Only this lot would buy it off themselves for an over inflated price

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Derby County beat FFP on 14:51 - Apr 2 with 4797 viewsMiss_Terraces

Have the league accepted this? This goes against the spirit of FFP, is it a good idea for football clubs to sell their grounds.

Poll: Why are you a QPR supporter?

Derby County beat FFP on 14:52 - Apr 2 with 4796 viewsWrightUp5hit___

Only Shaun "useless prick" Harvey would let Derby get away with it!
Derby County beat FFP on 15:23 - Apr 2 with 4662 viewsrsonist

This is the same EFL that decided Jorge Mendes wasn't a relevant person at Wolves last year.
Derby County beat FFP on 15:39 - Apr 2 with 4590 viewscolinallcars

Outrageous
Login to get fewer ads

Derby County beat FFP on 15:53 - Apr 2 with 4532 viewsDejR_vu

Derby County beat FFP on 14:41 - Apr 2 by JamesB1979

They do, and not through the club I don't think. I think it's owned by a separate company that they created and own.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Derby County beat FFP on 17:36 - Apr 2 with 4267 viewstoboboly

Derby County beat FFP on 14:51 - Apr 2 by Miss_Terraces

Have the league accepted this? This goes against the spirit of FFP, is it a good idea for football clubs to sell their grounds.

This.

I thought, for example, that owners couldn't sponsor the club for vast amounts and say that was income? Surely this is the same?

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Derby County beat FFP on 19:39 - Apr 2 with 4071 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Derby County beat FFP on 14:50 - Apr 2 by PunteR

That did make me laugh.
Derby County beat FFP on 20:16 - Apr 2 with 3942 viewsstowmarketrange

Derby County beat FFP on 17:36 - Apr 2 by toboboly

This.

I thought, for example, that owners couldn't sponsor the club for vast amounts and say that was income? Surely this is the same?

Don’t Real Madrid sell their ground every few seasons to raise funds,or the training ground when they don’t need to break the bank on players?
One law for some and another one for the rest.
Derby County beat FFP on 20:37 - Apr 2 with 3893 viewsRoller

Money spent on infrastructure, such as a stadium, is excluded from FFP. It would, therefore, seem logical that income from infrastructure is also excluded.
Derby County beat FFP on 10:36 - Apr 3 with 3498 viewsblacky200

Derby County beat FFP on 14:50 - Apr 2 by PunteR

May be not. According to the BBC website their stadium was listed on their accounts as being worth 41 million but it has been sold for 80 million. If they can get away with that then what is the point of the rules? You can't get sponsorship that is above market value so why can you do this on the ground? This is a blatant attempt to get around the rules.
Derby County beat FFP on 10:55 - Apr 3 with 3462 viewsthemodfather

derby won't get away with this, the EFL will immediately realise QPR are to blame and add £50m to our current fine(s).
Derby County beat FFP on 11:17 - Apr 3 with 3423 viewsDWQPR

So please someone explain to me the difference in doing this to make the spreadsheet better and a board of directors turning debt into equity? It just shows that FFP is a steaming pile of produce made from the backside of a dog. If I was any of the QPR board I would make representation on this.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Derby County beat FFP on 11:26 - Apr 3 with 3392 viewsDWQPR

The board in my view need to look at the Watford model. Buy a couple of clubs in Italy or Spain, get the players in there and start loaning them or selling them to QPR for minimal amounts to get us up and out of this league into the realms of where the real money is for the owners. The Watford board has done a brilliant job just doing this.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Derby County beat FFP on 11:27 - Apr 3 with 3388 viewsNorthernr

They can't have that. They've lost the thick end of £60m but they're trying to claim a profit because the chairman bought the stadium off them. Come on.

Villa apparently trying something similar with their training ground.
Derby County beat FFP on 11:33 - Apr 3 with 3356 viewsenfieldargh

I wish the media would really get their teeth stuck into FFP rather than fanny on about the usual top six bollox I switch off from

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Derby County beat FFP on 11:37 - Apr 3 with 3333 viewsPhildo

....It means though as Dave Mc said a couple of weeks ago a lot of clubs are really starting to struggle with FFP if they are coming up with rubbish like this to try and get round it.

On a different level if the effect of FFP separates clubs from ownership of their grounds meaning future insolvencys/unexpected events can cause all sorts of problems that is just batsh:t crazy
Derby County beat FFP on 12:26 - Apr 3 with 3216 viewsqprd

Derby County beat FFP on 11:37 - Apr 3 by Phildo

....It means though as Dave Mc said a couple of weeks ago a lot of clubs are really starting to struggle with FFP if they are coming up with rubbish like this to try and get round it.

On a different level if the effect of FFP separates clubs from ownership of their grounds meaning future insolvencys/unexpected events can cause all sorts of problems that is just batsh:t crazy

yes, this is a good point

the purpose of FFP is to encourage the long term sustainability of clubs

but if its leading to clubs selling off assets in the short run, its actually reducing the financial viability of clubs and making it more likely they go bust (as they dont have assets to use as security for debt and they have less assets which they can liquidate for cash).
Derby County beat FFP on 12:29 - Apr 3 with 3212 viewsTheChef

Derby County beat FFP on 12:26 - Apr 3 by qprd

yes, this is a good point

the purpose of FFP is to encourage the long term sustainability of clubs

but if its leading to clubs selling off assets in the short run, its actually reducing the financial viability of clubs and making it more likely they go bust (as they dont have assets to use as security for debt and they have less assets which they can liquidate for cash).

Ah very good point finance bloke!

So it's very much short-termism from Derby and others looking to do similar, which you hope differs from our more long-term strategy?

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Derby County beat FFP on 13:23 - Apr 3 with 3088 viewsQPR_John

Infrastructure is not part of FFP. So Derby sell their ground for £80M hence making a profit for FFP purposes. Then immediately, or at least after a respectable time, buy it back for £80M which now does not count as a debt as it is for infrastructure. I wonder if the FL have this covered
Derby County beat FFP on 13:41 - Apr 3 with 3031 viewscolinallcars

Derby County beat FFP on 13:23 - Apr 3 by QPR_John

Infrastructure is not part of FFP. So Derby sell their ground for £80M hence making a profit for FFP purposes. Then immediately, or at least after a respectable time, buy it back for £80M which now does not count as a debt as it is for infrastructure. I wonder if the FL have this covered

You can bet your life that if QPR came up with somesuch scheme, the FL would change their rules to catch us
Derby County beat FFP on 15:36 - Apr 3 with 2896 viewsqprd

Derby County beat FFP on 12:29 - Apr 3 by TheChef

Ah very good point finance bloke!

So it's very much short-termism from Derby and others looking to do similar, which you hope differs from our more long-term strategy?

You seem to be a bit confused

qpr is similar to derby in its mismanagement of its finances and wages

qpr in theory has a long term strategy on a stadium, which is being blocked by the council. derby and other clubs who follow derby's approach to comply with FFP are shifting assets away from the club, which reduces their long-term viability and actually makes them more likely to go bust for the reasons i stated above (which is against the spirit of FFP)
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024