Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Now TV. 15:00 - Jun 10 with 1549 viewsMick_S

I'm after a bit of help and advice here people. Like many, I'm paying the equivalent of a family holiday for my broadband and Sky. I've fixed the broadband/landline bit and now want to lose Sky because I just can't face another 45 minute re-negotiation over the phone and don't want to pay their prices anymore.

I'm thinking of Now TV with Sky Sorts and entertainment added on.

Am I mad or are NTV half decent?

Many thanks.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Now TV. on 15:09 - Jun 10 with 1508 viewsDannyPaddox

Steer clear of Now Then Now Then TV
Now TV. (n/t) on 15:11 - Jun 10 with 1500 viewsMick_S

"Goodness gracious",
[Post edited 10 Jun 2019 15:12]

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Now TV. on 15:17 - Jun 10 with 1480 viewsLunarJetman

I had the same predicament a couple of years ago and ended up leaving Sky. Had TV, broadband and phone with them and was paying over £100 a month for the privilege.

Now I'm paying £28 a month for phone, broadband and entertainment pass. Have a weekly sports pass which was £10 from Currys.

My view of the service is that its perfectly fine. The phone and broadband are much cheaper than Sky could offer me (even though NOW TV is a Sky company) so no reason to change.

I would say that getting the Sports package is £33.99 a month so more than Sky but will still be cheaper than what I was paying with Sky.

You get all the main sports channels but can't use the red button on NOW TV so bear that in mind. Entertainment pass has about 12-13 channels, so again, less than Sky but its all the main ones and I've not missed anything.

Personally, I think NOW TV is more than worth it, with or without the phone/broadband. I like the flexibility of having passes one month and then not the next.

Shame you've sorted the phone/broadband already as you might have got an even better deal. (if its available in your area of course) I've got Entertainment pass for free for 12 months for example.
Now TV. on 17:35 - Jun 10 with 1348 viewsrobith

NowTV basically is sky. I just have the films, add ents on when a big show is on, and buy day packages for the sports. Is fine. Minor gripe but even with my savagely fast internet the sport picture is often a bit weird - perfectly clear, but the frame rate can be a bit choppy, especially on cricket. Worth mentioning if you're after crystal clear picture. Is excellent on films and TV
Now TV. on 17:44 - Jun 10 with 1332 viewsDixie_CT

Now TV is pretty good. Got a few sports passes when some things took my fancy.

Randomly won a five month NOW TV pass on a McDonald's banana milkshake (hangover cure) but realised it was mobile. Still been pretty good.

For what it is worth, I've just got a new contract with Virgin. Initial 12 month phone, broadband and basic tv was £29 for 12 months. Period ended and it went to to £51. Am trying not go out as much so got sky sports added for £73 a month.

Did it all in live chat and then even credited me with £50 on my account against my bill.

Probably not the cheapest option but Broadband is good, saves aggro of changing and customer service has been good.
Now TV. on 20:42 - Jun 10 with 1181 viewsmcqpr10

I get the now TV sports package. It's great because you can cancel it with a month's notice. All skysports channels for £33 a month. But they always run deals offering 4 months for £20. Also when you say you are cancelling they ask you why are you leaving and normally they will offer you the £20 deal.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024