Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
View From Leppings Lane 09:44 - Sep 1 with 4595 viewsStoicHoop

A really stylish and intelligent performance from the Rs. Even when we went behind from the softest of penalties, we were confident that we'd still win, such was our composure on the ball. I'm still pinching myself at the dramatic change from last season.

Players who stood out were Hugill, obviously, who is so strong at holding up the ball and is constantly making awkward runs for defenders; Wells, who was unlucky not to score and supplied that brilliant pass for Hugill's first goal; Manning, who controls the ball so well and is such an attacking threat with his crosses; Leistner, who though caught out for pace a couple of times early on was a rock at the heart of defence, took no prisoners and really tightened things up; Eze who battled really hard as well as regularly taking on defenders - and Chair, who was my Man of the Match, always probing, brilliant on the ball, great control and a real threat.

I couldn't believe what I was seeing when the team took to the pitch with a 5-3-2 formation. Two up front away? A midfield of Chair, Eze and Ball, which seemed lightweight to me? But I couldn't have been more wrong.

Full credit to Warburton for such a bold move.

I also love the way we pinged the ball around in tight situations on the touch line, rarely resorting to hoofing it away and the team is obviously growing in confidence.

This victory shows the early promise is no fluke. Not been this excited to watch our team for years.
View From Leppings Lane on 11:42 - Sep 1 with 4233 viewsenfieldargh

So pleased about Ball

Thought in the friendly games he looked a really accomplished anchor man

Quick feet good control and simply effective short forward passes and could get himself out of tight situations

KIT if your reading this apart from gmail, YouTube, I can’t get WhatsApp or WeChat out here but amazingly I can get on loftforwords so you can pm me on here if you log on

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

View From Leppings Lane on 11:51 - Sep 1 with 4183 viewscaliforniahoop

View From Leppings Lane on 11:42 - Sep 1 by enfieldargh

So pleased about Ball

Quick feet good control and simply effective short forward passes and could get himself out of tight situations

KIT if your reading this apart from gmail, YouTube, I can’t get WhatsApp or WeChat out here but amazingly I can get on loftforwords so you can pm me on here if you log on

Also pleased for Ball, I think he is key to the midfield working, once he has a run of games, he will be unstoppable!
View From Leppings Lane on 12:31 - Sep 1 with 4062 viewsHunterhoop

View From Leppings Lane on 11:51 - Sep 1 by californiahoop

Also pleased for Ball, I think he is key to the midfield working, once he has a run of games, he will be unstoppable!

Yeah, i’m A bit critic of 532, but fair play. Your full backs make that system work, so big kudos to them, especially Manning who has been exceptional this season.

Oh, and well played Toni Leistner.
View From Leppings Lane on 12:49 - Sep 1 with 3982 viewsstevec

Fantastic result up there and sounded like 12 v 11, even the refs can’t beat us.

For anyone who went, nothing personal you understand, but did it seem like we missed Luongo?
View From Leppings Lane on 13:20 - Sep 1 with 3867 viewsterryb

View From Leppings Lane on 12:49 - Sep 1 by stevec

Fantastic result up there and sounded like 12 v 11, even the refs can’t beat us.

For anyone who went, nothing personal you understand, but did it seem like we missed Luongo?

Playing Devil's advocate, the question could be asked - Did we miss Freeman!
View From Leppings Lane on 13:22 - Sep 1 with 3858 viewsterryb

Thank you Stoic for the report.

Isn't it good that we're looking forward to seeing Rangers play? That doesn't happen in most seasons!
View From Leppings Lane on 13:59 - Sep 1 with 3748 viewsDejR_vu

View From Leppings Lane on 12:49 - Sep 1 by stevec

Had to smile when they went behind and sent him on. I was thinking how disappointed I would have been if we had done that last season. I wouldn’t have expected any impact.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

View From Leppings Lane on 14:04 - Sep 1 with 3725 viewsClive_Anderson

View From Leppings Lane on 11:51 - Sep 1 by californiahoop

Is Ball the dude that had bad reviews from Peterborough supporters?

Amazing seeing the potential in him from MW if so.
Login to get fewer ads

View From Leppings Lane on 14:13 - Sep 1 with 3699 viewsFredManRave

View From Leppings Lane on 11:42 - Sep 1 by enfieldargh

So pleased about Ball

You can't get WhatsApp in Enfield?!

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

View From Leppings Lane on 14:51 - Sep 1 with 3579 viewsenfieldargh

View From Leppings Lane on 14:13 - Sep 1 by FredManRave

You can't get WhatsApp in Enfield?!

Dalian

captains fantastic

View From Leppings Lane on 15:02 - Sep 1 with 3518 viewsLazyFan

The whole team played great, but I thought Scowen when he came on, showed why he is better in the "ratting" role than Ball. I would play him ahead of Ball in the DMC position as he tackles the oppo faster and does not give it away as much as Ball. His first touch is better as well.

However when Amos and especially Cameron are back, then they will take this role. It is great to have such great options in all positions!

Also, Rangel started to struggle after 60 mins so, I would bring on Kane much earlier around then.

Manning is class, up against Reach who is a great player for them and he nullified him and even contributed with some great wingback play in attack. Assisting the winner. To think we wasted years mucking around Furs2 and Manning with reserve team and loans when we could have had two flying fullbacks in the same team. Madness!

Wells played some great balls through in the 2nd half. He assisted the 1st and from what I could see, put Manning through for the 2nd. Awesome play. Should have scored when put through. Wells and Hugnill upfront is a deadly combination.

Hugill was MOM, he terrorised the Wed defence. Remember this is a defence that hardly concedes and in the first half were really hard to break down. But feed him quality and he will score as he did. His hold up play, skill and work rate are all excellent.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

zzzzzzzzzz

View From Leppings Lane on 15:05 - Sep 1 with 3496 viewsdannyblue

View From Leppings Lane on 14:51 - Sep 1 by enfieldargh

Dalian

Atkinson?
View From Leppings Lane on 16:04 - Sep 1 with 3326 viewscyprusmel

View From Leppings Lane on 15:05 - Sep 1 by dannyblue

Atkinson?

China me old china
View From Leppings Lane on 16:12 - Sep 1 with 3294 viewsdannyblue

View From Leppings Lane on 16:04 - Sep 1 by cyprusmel

China me old china

Porcelain comes from the Italian porcellana, literally "cowrie shell," because of the resemblance to the shiny surface of the shells. The shell's name in Italian is from porcella "young sow” because of the perceived resemblance of the shell opening to the exposed outer genitalia of female pigs.

Remember that the next time you want to lick the plate, mate!
View From Leppings Lane on 19:17 - Sep 1 with 2845 viewsStoicHoop

I didn't notice Luongo at all when he came on and agree that Scowen was sharp and feisty when he was introduced to tighten things up.

I can't make my mind up about Ball. He was always shouting at the other players, broke things up well but had a heavy touch now and then.

And yet, he obviously did something right in anchoring our midfield to a fine victory!

Do we play 5-3-2 against Luton at home?
View From Leppings Lane on 19:46 - Sep 1 with 2755 viewsenfieldargh

View From Leppings Lane on 16:04 - Sep 1 by cyprusmel

China me old china

Arrived here Saturday at 2 pm straight to work not having slept since waking up Friday morning at 6:30am at hone in norf London

Staying in a luxurious hotel overlooking the futuristic dalian football stadium but can I sleep not a a wink( no I said wink) so Saturday slept 2 hours until I get a phone call from my daughter who had locked herself it never mind grab the phone and see Hugill just equalised can’t sleep now will watch the commentary on Qpr app yes we win great get to sleep it now I’m desperate to know how and see the goals
By now it’s 1am here and I’m now a member of the wide awake club

Got to be up by 7 for work Sunday morning finally drifted off around 5 am

Back to hotel Sunday late afternoon got to be up at 4:30 to take 6am flight to Jinan and an I sleep not a bloody second. It’s now 2:40M

Always have problems with internet in north east China no google or YouTube in China and the o my website that works is loftforwords!!!!!!

Been doing these trips for 30 plus years and still can’t get over the first 3 or 4 nights of sleep deprivation. Tried booze which usually makes things worse, herbal teas, sleeping tablets which leave you ending up like the living dead

Have watched4 episodes of Outlander S1 tonight and still wide awake arrrrrrgggghhhhhhhhh!

Thailand at the weekend wonder if I’ll get some sleep there

Remedies for jet lag greatly appreciated

captains fantastic

View From Leppings Lane on 21:05 - Sep 1 with 2569 viewsHooparoo

View From Leppings Lane on 19:46 - Sep 1 by enfieldargh

Arrived here Saturday at 2 pm straight to work not having slept since waking up Friday morning at 6:30am at hone in norf London

Staying in a luxurious hotel overlooking the futuristic dalian football stadium but can I sleep not a a wink( no I said wink) so Saturday slept 2 hours until I get a phone call from my daughter who had locked herself it never mind grab the phone and see Hugill just equalised can’t sleep now will watch the commentary on Qpr app yes we win great get to sleep it now I’m desperate to know how and see the goals
By now it’s 1am here and I’m now a member of the wide awake club

Got to be up by 7 for work Sunday morning finally drifted off around 5 am

Back to hotel Sunday late afternoon got to be up at 4:30 to take 6am flight to Jinan and an I sleep not a bloody second. It’s now 2:40M

Always have problems with internet in north east China no google or YouTube in China and the o my website that works is loftforwords!!!!!!

Been doing these trips for 30 plus years and still can’t get over the first 3 or 4 nights of sleep deprivation. Tried booze which usually makes things worse, herbal teas, sleeping tablets which leave you ending up like the living dead

Have watched4 episodes of Outlander S1 tonight and still wide awake arrrrrrgggghhhhhhhhh!

Thailand at the weekend wonder if I’ll get some sleep there

Remedies for jet lag greatly appreciated

Best cure for jet lag is getting out in the sun. Vitamin D re-regulates your circadian rhythm

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

View From Leppings Lane on 08:56 - Sep 2 with 2169 viewsrunningman75

My brother used to go to the states a lot for business and swore by Melatonin. His GP would not prescribe him anything for jet lag but he was able to buy it over the counter in the USA. Not sure what the regulations are like now. He would use it sparingly on return to the UK.
View From Leppings Lane on 09:43 - Sep 3 with 1810 viewsPommyhoop

View From Leppings Lane on 21:05 - Sep 1 by Hooparoo

Best cure for jet lag is getting out in the sun. Vitamin D re-regulates your circadian rhythm

I;ll ket you know if that works when I get back from Blighty in around 5 weeks...
Remembering the constant moaning of various visitors in the past I don't think it will.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024