Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
China aviation authorities threaten Cathay 07:18 - Sep 11 with 1091 viewsenfieldargh

Recently took a flight from China to another destination via Hong Kong on Cathay pacific. Cathay dragon

China trying to grind Cathay into the ground.

Was taking an early morning flight which meant the aircraft and crew was stopped overnight so no delays waiting for incoming flight.

Flight shown as on time but we sat in departure area until an hour after departure time when an announcement was made that no departure time could be given. I had watched the aircraft loaded and there were no signs of technical issues.

I see several uniformed chinese guys board the aircraft then an hour later we are allowed to board way behind schedule. Fortunately my onward flight was late afternoon so I still had time but this was not the case for some Taiwanese Malaysian and other passengers who had tighter wait times.

Chatted with a crew member who told me that this is happening daily only with Cathay dragon and that Chinese aviation authorities came aboard in insisted on see all paperwork appertaining to the entire workings of the aircraft most of which had to be relayed over from Hong Kong. They even wanted the use by dates on the food. She said they are trying to crush Cathay pacific and that all crew are worried for their jobs.

All crew where interrogated and informed that if they took part in any form of anti chinese protests in Hong Kong that they would be dismissed

The ceo was asked to make a list of all staff members who had taken part or had bad feelings towards China. Apparently he offered his name only and then resigned

Not sure how long Cathay dragon or the Hong Kong we know will survive

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

China aviation authorities threaten Cathay on 07:25 - Sep 11 with 1077 viewsdistortR

Or how long we all will.

Reading a book about China's use of social control. Other despots must be buying into it.

Anyone for huawei?

(excuse spelling).
China aviation authorities threaten Cathay on 14:45 - Sep 11 with 922 viewstimcocking

I do love Hong Kong actually. My thoughts are with the protesters. I wouldn't wish to stand against the Chinese government, they'd certainly kill them all if they could, perhaps one day will do just that.

Glad to see you made it home safe, maybe see you out here next year?!
China aviation authorities threaten Cathay on 15:43 - Sep 11 with 861 viewskensalriser

China aviation authorities threaten Cathay on 07:25 - Sep 11 by distortR

Or how long we all will.

Reading a book about China's use of social control. Other despots must be buying into it.

Anyone for huawei?

(excuse spelling).

I've thought for a while that China is the new model for putative despots to aspire to. It is the most successful totalitarian regime in modern history and growing stronger every year.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

China aviation authorities threaten Cathay on 16:17 - Sep 11 with 822 viewsRangersDave

i've lost my business and over 300k in assets due to the Chinese recently, they can all go fcuk themselves silly.

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

China aviation authorities threaten Cathay on 16:48 - Sep 11 with 785 viewsCroydonCaptJack

That is really sad to hear. I love HK and lived there several years.
When I see the people protesting I know things must be bad as they really were the sort of people who kept themselves to themselves. Apart from the triads which was just organised crime, I don't recall ever experiencing any issues out there. It is a real shame. It is almost like they left it twenty years or so and then thought they can just do what they want now.
China aviation authorities threaten Cathay on 18:41 - Sep 11 with 690 viewsBoston

China aviation authorities threaten Cathay on 16:48 - Sep 11 by CroydonCaptJack

That is really sad to hear. I love HK and lived there several years.
When I see the people protesting I know things must be bad as they really were the sort of people who kept themselves to themselves. Apart from the triads which was just organised crime, I don't recall ever experiencing any issues out there. It is a real shame. It is almost like they left it twenty years or so and then thought they can just do what they want now.

One of my brothers lived and worked in HK, you weren’t in the airline business by any chance?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

China aviation authorities threaten Cathay on 20:06 - Sep 11 with 617 viewsdannyblue

China aviation authorities threaten Cathay on 16:17 - Sep 11 by RangersDave

i've lost my business and over 300k in assets due to the Chinese recently, they can all go fcuk themselves silly.

Shit that's rough.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024