Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Beer of the Week 23:17 - Oct 6 with 2482 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Had a few good beers this week. Unusually, the most memorable was in Red Lion and Pinapple, Acton. St Peters Plum Porter.

I'll try to post each week and would be interested to hear others.

(NorthernR need not post. We know. Begins with P and ends in Pee)

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Beer of the Week on 23:18 - Oct 6 with 2473 viewsBoston

He puts the p in Pils?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Beer of the Week on 23:28 - Oct 6 with 2451 viewsSir_Chops

Back in the 1970s, Blandford Forum had an outbreak of bloodsucking flies - over 600 people went to the doctors after getting bitten. Turns out, the best relief for the bite was a slice of fresh ginger.

Anyway, into the present day, local brewery Hall & Woodhouse (Badger ale) were inspired by the story. They've infused ginger and maple into a golden ale to produce 'The Blandford Fly'. Subtle sweet, followed by a little spicy heat on the tongue. Beautiful stuff - left me buzzing (every pun intended)!
Beer of the Week on 00:28 - Oct 7 with 2399 viewsBoston

Some bands wrote songs inspired by alcohol, AC/DC did one called Whole Lotta Rose.
[Post edited 7 Oct 2019 0:29]

Beer of the Week on 07:00 - Oct 7 with 2327 viewsMoonshineSteve

Don't think I've ever been disappointed by a St Peter's beer. The plum porter is indeed superb.

I am still Steve but no longer in Dagenham.

Beer of the Week on 08:23 - Oct 7 with 2260 viewsMetallica_Hoop

St Peter's are awesome. I used to buy a variety pack in Waitrose when working near the Edgware Road.
I haven't tried the plum porter sounds yummy.

This brewery do some lovely stuff. I recently tried their Brouwerij 't IJ Struis Bio which is a 9% barley wine. Wery wery tasty.

[Post edited 7 Oct 2019 8:24]

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Beer of the Week on 15:10 - Oct 7 with 2132 viewsBoston

Beer of the Week on 08:23 - Oct 7 by Metallica_Hoop

St Peter's are awesome. I used to buy a variety pack in Waitrose when working near the Edgware Road.
I haven't tried the plum porter sounds yummy.

This brewery do some lovely stuff. I recently tried their Brouwerij 't IJ Struis Bio which is a 9% barley wine. Wery wery tasty.

[Post edited 7 Oct 2019 8:24]

I’m just quoting to load up another picture of those young fillies.

I enjoyed a half a Guinness topped up with a bottle of Barley Wine back in the day. The people who had to take me home were not so enamoured.

Beer of the Week on 15:18 - Oct 7 with 2119 viewsDannyPaddox

Beer of the Week on 15:10 - Oct 7 by Boston

I’m just quoting to load up another picture of those young fillies.

I enjoyed a half a Guinness topped up with a bottle of Barley Wine back in the day. The people who had to take me home were not so enamoured.

I used to drink that same Guinness and (Stingo?) Barley Wine combo. The head on it was so dense you could place a subbuteo player on it without fear of submerging.
Beer of the Week on 15:25 - Oct 7 with 2108 viewsBoston

Beer of the Week on 15:18 - Oct 7 by DannyPaddox

I used to drink that same Guinness and (Stingo?) Barley Wine combo. The head on it was so dense you could place a subbuteo player on it without fear of submerging.

Indeed it was Stingo. An elderly ex serviceman up in the Green Man, Wembley, used to drink that combo. Veteran of the First World War he was, don’t have a clue how he managed to get back home after a session

Login to get fewer ads

Beer of the Week on 15:50 - Oct 7 with 2079 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Beer of the Week on 15:25 - Oct 7 by Boston

Indeed it was Stingo. An elderly ex serviceman up in the Green Man, Wembley, used to drink that combo. Veteran of the First World War he was, don’t have a clue how he managed to get back home after a session

If he survived the Hun at the Somme, getting home from the Green Man walloped should be a doddle!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Beer of the Week on 22:58 - Oct 8 with 1744 viewsmarkrtid

Since being back in the UK, I have enjoyed perusing the shelves in Sainsbury’s, Lidl and Aldi etc trying some of their “Craft Beers” on offer. So much so I have now become a bit of a “Laberophilist”, which sounds so much better than “Alcoholic”.

My Beer of the Week - '1698' Shepherd Neame & Co. Kentish Strong Ale. 6.5%
Beer of the Week on 23:33 - Oct 8 with 1723 viewsDannyPaddox

I had a 7.2% Chilli-Chocolate Porter in the Fourpure Brewery on the Trading Estate behind the New Den just after we won at Millwall. It was deelish but being so high on life at the time I can’t remember the brewer.
Beer of the Week on 03:56 - Oct 9 with 1688 viewssmegma

Beer of the Week on 15:18 - Oct 7 by DannyPaddox

82 FA Cup final, about 300 of us walked from the North Pole hostelry via the Cow Shed. Literally every offy and shop was raided en route. I said to a mate, I'll get the spirits, you get the mixer.
The next alcohol shop was duly raided by Notting Hills biggest scrotes. When I found my mate, I showed him my bottle of whisky AND barley wine while he had nabbed some cheap version of coca cola. On inspecting the bottle he had got a bottle of cola flavoured syrup for a soda stream machine !! So it was neat whisky AND barley wine. I've never been so drunk in my entire life.
Beer of the Week on 11:09 - Oct 11 with 1413 viewsqprxtc

Some ejit I know decided to buy some mad 8.5% stuff called Duvel for the ‘long train journey to Millwall’. From London Bridge.

I’d already have five pints of Guinness and a chicken salad by then. Apparently we won and played well?

I find any beer that’s gets me to where i need to be is the beer of the week.
Beer of the Week on 11:13 - Oct 11 with 1400 viewsbob566

Beer of the Week on 11:09 - Oct 11 by qprxtc

Some ejit I know decided to buy some mad 8.5% stuff called Duvel for the ‘long train journey to Millwall’. From London Bridge.

I’d already have five pints of Guinness and a chicken salad by then. Apparently we won and played well?

nice friend. Duvel isn't cheap to buy
Beer of the Week on 12:03 - Oct 11 with 1365 viewsEsox_Lucius

Is this still a thing?

The grass is always greener.

Beer of the Week on 13:27 - Oct 11 with 1335 viewsw7r

Beavertown Brewery: Two of my faves. Seeing it appear in some of the better watering holes around London on tap.

Beer of the Week on 13:34 - Oct 11 with 1325 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Beer of the Week on 13:27 - Oct 11 by w7r

Beavertown Brewery: Two of my faves. Seeing it appear in some of the better watering holes around London on tap.

Gamma Ray Is lethaly good.

They do it in the Hope and Anchor Islington on draught.

Lovely taste.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Beer of the Week on 13:40 - Oct 11 with 1314 viewsMrSheen

Beer of the Week on 11:09 - Oct 11 by qprxtc

Duvel is bottle-conditioned, so there is a lot of yeasty sediment in there. If you can pour it slowly and steadily, leaving about a fingernail's depth behind so the gunk stays out of the glass and what you drink is clear, it's nectar. If you swill it from the bottle, its filth.
Beer of the Week on 13:43 - Oct 11 with 1308 viewsqprxtc

Beer of the Week on 13:40 - Oct 11 by MrSheen

Duvel is bottle-conditioned, so there is a lot of yeasty sediment in there. If you can pour it slowly and steadily, leaving about a fingernail's depth behind so the gunk stays out of the glass and what you drink is clear, it's nectar. If you swill it from the bottle, its filth.

Filth it was.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024