Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Euro draw 21:37 - Nov 30 with 2700 viewsBobbi66

What a shambles.Never seen anything like it .
Euro draw on 22:12 - Nov 30 with 2590 viewshopphoops

It was all a bit Partridge

A magnificent football club, the love of our lives, finding a way to finally have its day in the sun.
Poll: When will the next election date be announced?

Euro draw on 22:17 - Nov 30 with 2574 viewsstowmarketrange

It doesn’t to be much of a draw if a few of the teams already know where they’re playing?And it could change again if Romania get through the playoffs.
Euro draw on 22:24 - Nov 30 with 2544 viewsenfieldargh

How on earth are Bulgria in the play offs?

They only go 6 points!!!!! Cyprus, Khazakstan & Albania all got double figures

Oh hang on a bit, they UEFA want their colourful fans in attendance

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Euro draw on 22:32 - Nov 30 with 2526 viewsStanisgod

As bent and inept as FIFA.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Euro draw on 22:34 - Nov 30 with 2511 viewsstowmarketrange

Euro draw on 22:24 - Nov 30 by enfieldargh

How on earth are Bulgria in the play offs?

They only go 6 points!!!!! Cyprus, Khazakstan & Albania all got double figures

Oh hang on a bit, they UEFA want their colourful fans in attendance

It might be the same way that Scotland were guaranteed at least a playoff place because of the meaningless tournament last year.The group winners got one unless they qualified otherwise.
Euro draw on 23:20 - Nov 30 with 2416 viewsBoston

Sounded like a circus on the radio.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Euro draw on 23:40 - Nov 30 with 2377 viewsnix

Euro draw on 23:20 - Nov 30 by Boston

Sounded like a circus on the radio.

It was awful. Mind you it was entertaining when the German, French and Portuguese managers realised they were all in the same group. Their expressions changed from 'the dog just ate my burger', to nervous laughter and then tried to look like they're 'professionals and it's all good'

Blooming Croatia again though 🤪.
Euro draw on 09:08 - Dec 1 with 2144 viewsdaveB

Euro draw on 22:34 - Nov 30 by stowmarketrange

It might be the same way that Scotland were guaranteed at least a playoff place because of the meaningless tournament last year.The group winners got one unless they qualified otherwise.

wasn't overly meaningless as it gave sides a real chance of getting to the Euros, Nations league was one of the few things UEFA have got right in recent years
[Post edited 1 Dec 2019 9:09]
Login to get fewer ads

Euro draw on 09:58 - Dec 1 with 2061 viewsstowmarketrange

Euro draw on 09:08 - Dec 1 by daveB

wasn't overly meaningless as it gave sides a real chance of getting to the Euros, Nations league was one of the few things UEFA have got right in recent years

So a team like bulgaria,who finished bottom of our group could end up playing in Euro 2020?Possibly at the expense of another who just missed out on qualification by finishing 3rd in their group behind 2 giants in European football.
Euro draw on 10:01 - Dec 1 with 2055 viewsDorse

'The first team in Group D, Section 8, Pool 3, having successfully guessed which animal I was thinking of, is Lower Slobovia, who will progress to the swimsuit round as they have a bye from coming in the top 4 in the talent competition...'
'Tough luck for Scotland there as their poor showing in the poetry round leaves them facing the Belgians in the Oily Twister Play Off'.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Euro draw on 15:25 - Dec 1 with 1862 viewsPlanetHonneywood

As far as I could make it out: the Three Lions have drawn England; West Germany will play East Germany and I think Czech Republic are up against Czechoslovakia.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Euro draw on 16:11 - Dec 1 with 1818 viewsdaveB

Euro draw on 09:58 - Dec 1 by stowmarketrange

So a team like bulgaria,who finished bottom of our group could end up playing in Euro 2020?Possibly at the expense of another who just missed out on qualification by finishing 3rd in their group behind 2 giants in European football.

only if they win their playoff group which is unlikely as they are shit
Euro draw on 20:49 - Dec 1 with 1687 viewsClive_Anderson

Euro draw on 09:08 - Dec 1 by daveB

Why didn't they combine both things into one? Seems stupid to half combine it.
Euro draw on 01:23 - Dec 2 with 1593 viewsBenny_the_Ball

A complete and utter farce to hold the tournament in 12 countries with 10 of those countries playing their group games at home. Whatever happened to staging the tournament in one country? Or if they must spread it across countries, could UEFA not at least ensure all ties are held at neutral venues?

Also, I don't understand why Portugal were in Pot 3. As the world's number 7 ranked team and current holders of both the Euros and Nations League, surely they deserved to be higher?

It all smacks of UEFA trying to engineer a way for certain teams to progress.
Euro draw on 02:15 - Dec 2 with 1586 viewsFredManRave

Were Antoine de Caunes and Jean-Paul Gaultier doing the draw?!

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Euro draw on 11:46 - Dec 2 with 1466 viewsMick_S

Euro draw on 10:01 - Dec 1 by Dorse

'The first team in Group D, Section 8, Pool 3, having successfully guessed which animal I was thinking of, is Lower Slobovia, who will progress to the swimsuit round as they have a bye from coming in the top 4 in the talent competition...'
'Tough luck for Scotland there as their poor showing in the poetry round leaves them facing the Belgians in the Oily Twister Play Off'.

Oily twister?

Thanks for that!

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Euro draw on 12:21 - Dec 2 with 1425 viewsCamberleyR

Euro draw on 01:23 - Dec 2 by Benny_the_Ball

A complete and utter farce to hold the tournament in 12 countries with 10 of those countries playing their group games at home. Whatever happened to staging the tournament in one country? Or if they must spread it across countries, could UEFA not at least ensure all ties are held at neutral venues?

Also, I don't understand why Portugal were in Pot 3. As the world's number 7 ranked team and current holders of both the Euros and Nations League, surely they deserved to be higher?

It all smacks of UEFA trying to engineer a way for certain teams to progress.

The decision to stage the finals games in multiple countries was a one off designed to celebrate the 60th anniversary of the first finals tournament. 2024 is back to having one country stage it when Germany will host it.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Euro draw on 12:47 - Dec 2 with 1390 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Euro draw on 12:21 - Dec 2 by CamberleyR

The decision to stage the finals games in multiple countries was a one off designed to celebrate the 60th anniversary of the first finals tournament. 2024 is back to having one country stage it when Germany will host it.

I see. Still I don't like the idea of certain countries playing at home, even if this potentially benefits England. With so many stadia to choose from it wouldn't have been difficult to ensure most ties are played at neutral venues.
Euro draw on 14:09 - Dec 2 with 1331 viewsdaveB

Euro draw on 20:49 - Dec 1 by Clive_Anderson

Why didn't they combine both things into one? Seems stupid to half combine it.

idea was to cut down on friendly games and have more games with teams of equal ability playing each other. Also means qualifying group stage is over a few months now rather than 2 years
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024