Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone else go back to work today. 14:50 - Jun 16 with 2066 viewsqpr_1968

after a 12 week lay off, absolutely knackered.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Anyone else go back to work today. on 20:41 - Jun 16 with 1906 viewsJuzzie

Been WFH since 16th March. Knackered. I swear it’s busier at work than before! People ‘expected’ to start work sooner and log off later because they’re not commuting. Nice, lots of free work for the company.
Ive pretty much disciplined myself to start and finish same time as usual.
To be fair, the company have been very supportive to everyone over this but Im doing the hours and have two young kids so cannot work ‘til 8, 9pm every night as I know some of my colleagues have. Experience has taught me you get nowhere other than more knackered, more work loaded onto you and no extra pay.
Happy to still have gainful employment of course but I’m not doing 18 hours a day in front of a laptop screen if they dont pay up (not that I would, you have to switch off at some point).

[Post edited 16 Jun 2020 20:43]
Anyone else go back to work today. on 20:49 - Jun 16 with 1883 viewsloftboy

Anyone else go back to work today. on 20:41 - Jun 16 by Juzzie

Been WFH since 16th March. Knackered. I swear it’s busier at work than before! People ‘expected’ to start work sooner and log off later because they’re not commuting. Nice, lots of free work for the company.
To be fair, the company have been very supportive to everyone over this but Im doing the hours and have two young kids so cannot work ‘til 8, 9pm every night as I know some of my colleagues have. Experience has taught me you get nowhere other than more knackered, more work loaded onto you and no extra pay.
Happy to still have gainful employment of course but I’m not doing 18 hours a day in front of a laptop screen if they dont pay up (not that I would, you have to switch off at some point).

Juzzie, so if someone lives five miles closer to your work than someone else your bosses would expect them to start later than someone who lives further away and not wait for their contracted start time? Surely the same principle apples to home working, if you start at 9 then you start at 9. Not the time you would have started your commute!

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Anyone else go back to work today. on 20:51 - Jun 16 with 1881 viewsdaveB

still working from home and will be until January at the earliest, has it's good and bad points but I've saved a fortune in travel and buying breakfast, lunch and snacks every day
Anyone else go back to work today. on 20:52 - Jun 16 with 1877 viewsqpr_1968

What knackered me the most was lack of exercsise due to laziness.
My diet was still the same, and at my age I should have made up some kind of keep fit plan.
Ache all over.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Anyone else go back to work today. on 21:02 - Jun 16 with 1838 viewsaston_hoop

Been doing 1 day a week in the office for the last few weeks but things have been open a bit longer in Spain. One thing that has come of this is that WFH is becoming the new normal, my boss has never been happier and I've enjoyed not getting on the train every morning. The company of one of my friends is even going to ditch having an office altogether

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Anyone else go back to work today. on 21:15 - Jun 16 with 1801 viewsDubaiR

Been WFH whole time but today first day back in office and shattered
Anyone else go back to work today. on 21:25 - Jun 16 with 1764 viewsOldPedro

Been working from home since March 16th - the company I work for have said that we are unlikely to be back in the office before Sept and that after that they envisage more homeworking with less time in the office.

To be honest, the work side has been fine as I still talk to my immediate team every day. The bit I miss is the interaction with other people in the building who I don't necessarily work with everyday, the chats while you get a coffee or over lunch.

Don't miss the daily commute and spending a lot less due to reduced fuel costs.

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Anyone else go back to work today. on 21:27 - Jun 16 with 1758 viewsJuzzie

@loftboy; Well, there’s not been any official request but people do feel compelled to start sooner and log off later to manage the workload. The solution is, of course, more people needed but that costs money so easier if everyone just works longer days. The official line has been very supportive and people should log off on time so thats what im doing. If the work load gets too overwhelming then they need to look at why.

I was asked that when this is all over and we can go back to the office, would i be happy to do one, maybe two days a week WFH. Yes, of course i said. Means I can not have the stress those mornings of taking kids to school/child minder then rushing home to get into my motorbike gear, get the bike ready and then the one hour slog into work.
That’s right, they said, you can turn your computer on the moment you get in.

Ummm, no.
[Post edited 16 Jun 2020 21:30]
Login to get fewer ads

Anyone else go back to work today. on 21:47 - Jun 16 with 1717 viewsstowmarketrange

Still furloughed for at least another week or two.I just received the potential redundancy email.Lucky my season ticket goes down this year.
Anyone else go back to work today. on 22:00 - Jun 16 with 1660 viewsthame_hoops

Nothing’s changed for my water treatment industry, if anything we’ve been busier and not furloughed a sole.

I’ve saved a fortune with pubs/restaurants/gym/shops closed, it’s made me evaluate my spending big time going forward.

Anyone else notice they have been better off with literally nowhere to spend money in bar the food shop and amazon?
Anyone else go back to work today. on 22:20 - Jun 16 with 1606 viewsdezzar

Anyone else go back to work today. on 21:47 - Jun 16 by stowmarketrange

Still furloughed for at least another week or two.I just received the potential redundancy email.Lucky my season ticket goes down this year.

Commiserations Stowmarket , just had the same myself , cant see me getting another job in the forthcoming climate,take care all you Rs
Anyone else go back to work today. on 22:23 - Jun 16 with 1591 viewsBoston

Exactly what’s happened to Mrs Boston.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Anyone else go back to work today. on 22:24 - Jun 16 with 1595 viewsderbyhoop

WFH is normal apart from house viewings and obtaining new listings. Been busy from start of lockdown until May 11th, when things started to lift. Since then, it's just gone ballistic. English language sites up 40%, French language site up over 100%. The former is UK citizens trying to get EU residency before end of Transition. French residents want to get out of big cities for rural life where people have gardens and social distancing is easier.

Team meetings all done online, now.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Anyone else go back to work today. on 22:28 - Jun 16 with 1575 viewsBoston

Anyone else go back to work today. on 22:00 - Jun 16 by thame_hoops

Nothing’s changed for my water treatment industry, if anything we’ve been busier and not furloughed a sole.

I’ve saved a fortune with pubs/restaurants/gym/shops closed, it’s made me evaluate my spending big time going forward.

Anyone else notice they have been better off with literally nowhere to spend money in bar the food shop and amazon?

Water treatment, sole...you’re all at sea mate!

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Anyone else go back to work today. on 22:30 - Jun 16 with 1570 viewsToast_R

Been working from home since March, been told our building will only be allowed 30% of its 14 floor population. No chance of me going back into the office this year. Bought a new car in March, filled it up with petrol for the first time weekend just gone.

Is a bit of a challenge when my wife and I both working at home with a 1 year old baby and a bored five year old.
Anyone else go back to work today. on 22:38 - Jun 16 with 1547 viewsstowmarketrange

Anyone else go back to work today. on 22:20 - Jun 16 by dezzar

Commiserations Stowmarket , just had the same myself , cant see me getting another job in the forthcoming climate,take care all you Rs

They are supposedly getting rid of 12 drivers out of 107 in the first wave so I think I might be lucky,but all bar 10 of the 95 staying will be relocated to other depots.And I’ll have to work 5 nights instead of the 4 on my current contract.
There are a lot of people in a worse position than me,so I still think I’m luckier than some.
Best of luck to everyone who is faced with the upheavals to come over the next year or so.
Anyone else go back to work today. on 22:59 - Jun 16 with 1524 viewsthame_hoops

Anyone else go back to work today. on 22:30 - Jun 16 by Toast_R

Been working from home since March, been told our building will only be allowed 30% of its 14 floor population. No chance of me going back into the office this year. Bought a new car in March, filled it up with petrol for the first time weekend just gone.

Is a bit of a challenge when my wife and I both working at home with a 1 year old baby and a bored five year old.

The Mrs filled her car up for the first time too, she joked it does 1 month to the gallon
Anyone else go back to work today. on 08:04 - Jun 17 with 1367 viewsJuzzie

Had my car serviced recently and the garage said it was managing 3 mpg........ months per gallon.

Boom tish.

Seriously though, had the same with my motorbike. VFR800 needed replacing and sold it just a few weeks before all this kicked off otherwise it would still be here.
Bought a CB500X mid-Feb and used it for just four weeks (raining about 80% of the time) before WFH and lockdown. Went to Slough (Argos, to pick up some hair clippers that I finally managed to track down) last week and that was the first time out on it since March.

[Post edited 17 Jun 2020 8:10]
Anyone else go back to work today. on 09:06 - Jun 17 with 1305 viewsTheChef

Anyone else go back to work today. on 20:51 - Jun 16 by daveB

still working from home and will be until January at the earliest, has it's good and bad points but I've saved a fortune in travel and buying breakfast, lunch and snacks every day

Until January?? Why so long Dave?

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Anyone else go back to work today. on 09:27 - Jun 17 with 1294 viewsBlackCrowe

We've been advised there'll be a gradual return to the office from September.

Missing the interactions of work mates and colleagues but not missing the commute.

Doing more exercise than i've probably ever done in my life but undoing it by too much comfort food and beer and wine and cider and vodka.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Anyone else go back to work today. on 09:56 - Jun 17 with 1272 viewsPhildo

I do think that ideally you want a bit of a mix though- I have noticed some colleagues who have been exclusively working from home have got quite down (others fine).
Anyone else go back to work today. on 10:16 - Jun 17 with 1241 viewsTheChef

Our office reopened at the start of June although only at 20% capacity so I've been going in once a week (driving, as I usually do). Just nice to have a change of scenery and have face to face conversations with colleagues.

My company has never been the greatest fan of home/work remote working (it's Japanese so the office is seen as the place for work), but this situation has at least made them realise that business can still be done at home without any issues.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Anyone else go back to work today. on 12:47 - Jun 17 with 1145 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I'm back on the 1st of July.

I'm looking forward to it as I'm bored of shelling villages and flying round the galaxy looting Zirax properties.

I've been running a lot though. I've not used Strava for them all but officailly I've run to Yatton in North Somerset since April

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Anyone else go back to work today. on 13:51 - Jun 17 with 1100 viewsR_from_afar

Mrs R from Afar and I count ourselves so lucky that we are still gainfully employed.

I haven't been to the (tiny) office for three months and we have just learned that, with social distancing, its maximum capacity will be just nine, and that's if every meeting room is used.

Working from home is easy for me from a logistical perspective - all the IT has worked well so far and my boss (in Finland) is communicative and considerate. I miss the banter in the office - it can be like a party on the days when the sales team come in - but it is what it is, as I said, I am lucky.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Anyone else go back to work today. on 15:24 - Jun 17 with 1043 viewsWokingR

Anyone else go back to work today. on 22:00 - Jun 16 by thame_hoops

No, in fact it has been the exact opposite.
Every time I've been bored I've been on the internet spending.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024